PDA

View Full Version : Website Maintainence

ashjohnson80
01-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know how long the reservation part of the disneyworld web site will be down? I'm wanting to book my room and I'll call if i have to but I would rather see it on the internet first.

nygrl
01-04-2005, 01:11 PM
nobody knows! I am with you i like to look online before i actually speak to someone. Hopefully it will be up soon! :bitelip:

djm99
01-04-2005, 01:13 PM
I heard they were making lots of mistakes - and the site pop up that asks you what state you live in didn't include Missouri. :confused3

candleonwater
01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't bother calling anytime soon either... I've tried, and each time I gave up after being on hold for over 20 minutes!

ashjohnson80
01-04-2005, 02:06 PM
poop! i'm ready to book, i'm scared that time is running out!

djm99
01-04-2005, 04:17 PM
I wonder if Disney did not anticipate the overwhelming response and really doesn't want people to change from the Dream maker to the MYW packages because they would have to refund monies - regardless if done in Disney Dollars or cash they will be refunding lots of monies.

I have a hard time believing that as big as company as Disney they are having system problems for this long! They've been planning this for a while (over a month at least that the public knows about - Made Disney MYW package/tickets annoucement on Dec 2.

JodyTG
01-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Well, I did actually get through on the phone, but wouldn't you know it, the system just went down again. Even more than that, she didn't tell me until after she had my dates and hotel info. THEN she went on to say that since my stay starts in value season and ends in holiday season that she'd have to split my reservation. Since when? Please tell me that I just happened to talk to an idiot and that Disney is NOT going to do this.

nygrl
01-04-2005, 05:07 PM
i must say that so far i am not impressed with this new magic. it seems to be alot more money , tickets have to be used right away,cant book a long stay,and hell you cant book anything at all. anybody else feel this way??? :crazy:

TooBoyz4us
01-04-2005, 06:28 PM
THEN she went on to say that since my stay starts in value season and ends in holiday season that she'd have to split my reservation. Since when? Please tell me that I just happened to talk to an idiot and that Disney is NOT going to do this.

OH I HOPE THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO THAT!!We always book at the tail end of value season, and usually have our last night or two fall into regular season.
Please say it isn't so. :earseek:

MagicKingdom05
01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
nygrl,

I know how you feel and would have to agree. Luckily I had AAA doing all my leg work so I wasn't on the phone constantly. It was a pain not being able to price resorts online before I could go to AAA, but it all worked out in the end.