PDA

View Full Version : Tell me your President's week experiences....

vicb
01-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi. I have always gone either the week before or the week just after Pres.Day week, but looks like next year ('06) we will have to go that week :earseek: How did you find theme park crowds and transportation from resorts? Did it peak over the 3 day weekend or stay high all week?

Appreciate any info-thanks! :wave:

Elysiannn
01-05-2005, 09:49 AM
It is more crowded but Disney usually increases the hours during President's Week. I would just get to the parks early and when they get too crowded, head back to your resort, freshen up and relax then return in the evening. The buses are more crowded of course so if renting a car is an option that might help. And of course good use of Fast Pass will be a godsend. Good luck! Have a good time. Ely

Dopey420
01-05-2005, 10:21 AM
2003: crowds were minimal the Thursday and Friday before Pres Day. Sat, Sun, Mon and Tuesday were as crowded as I have ever seen at the MK.

eeyorina
01-05-2005, 11:34 AM
We were there Presidents Week 04, and it was pretty crowded. We used some fastpasses and had a few PS's and got to see and do everything we wanted to do. We stayed offsite (never again) so can't comment on the disney transportation and also couldn't take advantage of early entry which can be beneficial at crowded times.

Poohbear123
01-05-2005, 12:10 PM
When is Presidents Week EXACTLY??

antmaril
01-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Presidents' Day this year is Monday, February 21st, so that week is considered Presidents' Week. Friday, Saturday and Sunday leading up to Presidents' Day will be very crowded. We were at WDW in '04 beginning Wednesday of Presidents' Week. Magic Kingdom was very crowded. MGM was crowded, but doable. EPCOT was fine, except for Mission Space. My son was in line a VERY LONG TIME to ride MS.

jlovesee
01-05-2005, 01:45 PM
My husband and I have traveled down to Disney every year on our wedding anniversary (january 26th) two years ago we were there for a little over a week, since we were also going on the 3day AP cruise, and it was during Presidents Day weekend. Since I am used to the park being almost dead slow when we are there in January it was pretty busy, but compared to Fourth of July weekend (never do this!) it was easy. Just as many people have said on this forum, take it easy, its more about the quality of the experience then the quantity of rides you get to. Also if you are going to EPCOT or MGM make sure you get your fast passes early, like first thing, for Tower or Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Mission Space and Test Track. Those go quick. Also, if you are looking for less crowds I usually have good luck by staying away from the park with the early mornings. :) Just my two cents!

Jennifer :3dglasses