PDA

View Full Version : Leaving in 48 hours! Can someone suggest rooms for the Poly Garden View??

Gregg
01-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks for any help. It's just my wife and me and we've never been to the Poly (just about everywhere else).

We have a Garden View reservation -- can you please give me some suggestions on buildings and room numbers that I can request?

Thanks again everyone!!

Gregg

LukenDC
01-04-2005, 11:54 AM
You should look at the Tikiman website. The URL is:

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com

If you go to the message board for his site, you will see that I posed the exact same question two weeks ago. The responses that I received should help you.

Have fun at the Poly!

rcraw45425
01-04-2005, 12:13 PM
We were in Samoa, Garden view, overlooking the volcano pool. great location except right across from the elevator. I'd suggest something on the third floor toward the middle of the hall if possible.

Gregg
01-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks. I'm having trouble finding it. Do you have the same name over there?

Thanks
Gregg

spiceycat
01-04-2005, 12:40 PM
i would go with Tahiti, Tokelau - my first two choices

if not then Fiji or Samoa

why with a garden view you could also end up with a parking lot view - these do not have parking lot views.

Of course if you like the monrail - the parking lot views on the second floor can give you a view of the monrail.

funcinderella
01-04-2005, 01:02 PM
We had first floor Samoa, volcano pool side (Room 1608).
AWESOME!!! 1st floor has a patio (3rd floor has a balcony; 2nd floor has nothing (a fake balcony) so I wouldn't take that.)
The pool is literally right outside your door. The monorail and restaurants are right there too. Some of the other buildings are quite a walk from the main bldg and main pool.

Luv2trav
01-04-2005, 01:08 PM
We were in Samoa, I'd suggest something on the third floor toward the middle of the hall if possible.

This is exactly what we had....!! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! I would almost consider this a lagoon view. If you don't like noise I wouldn't go with this. You can hear the kids playing in the pool. I found it very relaxing to listen to them play...

lovmy2girls
01-04-2005, 01:12 PM
My First choice would be Fiji Luau Cove side first floor room 1304. You are close to the GCH, main pool and you have a nice view from your room and you can walk out onto what seems to be your own private beach, usually there is no one there and you have a great view of the castle and fireworks. The next best thing to having a lagoon view room IMHO :D When we were there in July, we were usually back in our room around 9 or 10 and the only noise we heard were the people coming back from the Aloha dinner show. Take a look at Tikimans site he has a great picture of the view on his page, then take a look at the map.

ufgator
01-04-2005, 01:35 PM
We just stayed in Room 3916 in Tokelau (my DH and I). We could see TTC and lagoon from room; Space Mountain and Contemporary from the balcony. Quiet except for noisy neighbors that came a couple of days into our trip. If you stay across the hall, I would think you'd have a view of the lagoon. Our room was second from the end. Here's a link to my review from Dec.:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=703294

I saw the Samoa building and it was right between the 2 pools; it seems like it would be noisy.

If you don't like your room, ask to change it. Have a great trip! :wave:

goofy4tink
01-04-2005, 03:20 PM
We liked Tokelau a lot. We were on the second floor, facing the Hawaii bldg. Even tho it was considered a garden view, we could see the lagoon and the GF. The side ufgator was on was nice too. I wish we had been on that side.

Tokelau is a quick walk to the main pool, the quiet pool is right outside the door. The TTC is a 5 minute (or so) walk from Tokelau via a very nice pathway. And the Main Bldg. is close by too. We were a hop, skip and a jump from the laundry area and the bus stop also.

Susiesnowflake
01-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Ufgator,
We had the same room! Looks like you checked in right after us. We left on 12/12. Thought that was a great room. First time staying in Tokelau, and we loved the location.

Gregg
01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone! I've put in a request for the lagoon end of Tokelau -- 3915, 3916, 3913, etc.

Looking forward to finally staying at this resort!

gregg