PDA

View Full Version : AKL 1 Bedroom Suite

sls23
01-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Can anyone provide me with information and/or pictures of a 1 bedroom suite at the AKL? I am looking for information such as number of bathrooms, is the bed king size, is the balcony larger than the deluxe rooms, etc.

Thank you.

budwmn
01-04-2005, 05:11 PM
I need this info, too! :D

#1hockeymom
01-04-2005, 05:42 PM
The one bedroom suite is the same as the two bedroom w/o the lock off with the queen bed/bunk or queen/queen combo. You'll have a huge king bedroom with a very large bathroom with both soaking tub and party size shower. The balcony will be twice as long, going from the bedroom across the living room area/kitchenette area. There is also a half bath as you walk in the door. The living room has a sofa sleeper in it, two end tables, a coffee table, a chair and ottoman, desk and chair, and the armoire with the tv set. The kitchen area has a table with four chairs along with a microwave, small fridge, bar size sink and coffee maker. I hope this helps!

BambyTambi and Janet2k both have great pictures of the two bedroom suite. Please don't ask me why I don't have any pictures of it besides the ones in my signature! I swear I am camera impaired!

I hope this helps!
Debbie

budwmn
01-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Thank You ! ! ! :D

#1hockeymom
01-04-2005, 08:49 PM
You're very welcome! Enjoy your trip to my favorite resort! If the money tree would just start blooming I would be there every time!

Janet2k
01-05-2005, 03:38 AM
If I would have known that #1hockeymom wasn't going to take photos of her 2-bedroom suite to share, well, I would have taken some for her when I was in her suite in July (shame on you, #1hockeymom!). But, Sls23, you're in luck because I actually have a few photos of an AKL 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suite to share: click here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janettwokay/my_photos). That link will take you to my main on-line photo album. The AKL suite photos begin in the 2nd row on that page, and continue in the 3rd row (you can tell which suite photos belong together by paying attention to the matching thumbnail photos -- I hope that makes sense).

My family and our guests have always adored the AKL. What a gorgeous resort. I hope you enjoy your vacation there (and please take lots of photos to share with us upon your return).

sls23
01-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Thank you for all of your responses. We have stayed in the deluxe concierge rooms at AKL several times and this is our favorite resort. We just returned from a stay in a Honeymoon room at the GF at were planning to return there for our May trip. When I started looking at pricing I noticed that the 1 bedroom suite at AKL was not much more expensive so we are now looking at that instead.

The pictures that I have seen have shown 2 queen size beds in the bedroom. Has anyone ever had a 1 bedroom suite with a king size bed instead? Since it is just my husband and I we really prefer the 1 bed.

Also, in terms of the room locations, do all of the suites have good savannah views? We have always had rooms overlooking the Arusha Savannah and really prefer this view. Are there specific suites I should request?

Thanks again.

Cass
01-05-2005, 07:10 AM
with a very large bathroom with both soaking tub and party size shower.

Party size!!! :earseek:

ducklite
01-05-2005, 11:40 AM
We were in a 1BR with a king bed--pictures on my web site, link in sig below. (We were actually in a 2BR, but it's the same except it has a lockoff room for the second BR.

Anne