PDA

View Full Version : Magic Your Way - Maximum Stay Rule

919Florida
01-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Has anyone seen with the new Magic Your Way vacations you are now limited to at the most an 8 night stay. Who would ever think Disney would limit the number of nights you could stay at there resort. I currently have a 15 night room only booked and wanted to change it to the dining plan. I had to have 1 seven night reservation priced and one 8 night priced, Which means now I have to check in and check out twice, $200 deposit on my vacation twice, subject to the cancelation fees twice and if I want insurance I have to apply it to both reservations. THe magic Your Way packages look nice and I like them but I think this Maximum night stay rule is kind of crazy. I sure hope they change this. What does everyone else think?

my3kids
01-04-2005, 05:06 AM
I also think it is crazy to limit how long a guest can stay. It makes no sense. The rule isn't encouraging more people to come, but is cutting out people who want to stay longer. I just don't understand.

EEyorelover22
01-04-2005, 06:31 AM
We are staying 10 nights and cannot get the package. At first on Sunday, a CM said I could take my room only and add dining for 10 days and the tickets, but then later I found out, this cannot be done. I would have bought the package at that point. Now, I'm glad I didn't and wasn't able to book it. For DH And DS is would be great to have the dining...for the most part, but after looking at our plans, etc. it wouldn't be a great thing for them either. For DD and I, it was always a bit iffy as to whether we would really do alright with the $35 for dining. DD because she doesn't eat that much and me because of allergies...I can't even use the snack as pop as I cannot drink the pops they offer in the parks.

It ends up being really expensive to book two packages. It was 6500 for our 10 days. Rack rate with the premo tickets would be 4135.10 and if I budget 1500 for food for 4, that's 5635.

When you do two packages, the 10 day less expensive ticket is lost and you're paying for a double night of tickets for four since the dining has to match with the tickets (I think).

Really strange on the part of Disney. They offer a 10 day ticket, but not a 10 day package. I'm glad they had the 10 day ticket. I hope they don't drop it!!!

golfgal
01-04-2005, 06:45 AM
I think Disney knows that there are a lot of people that want to stay for 10+ nights (or even just more then 8 nights). They know that most of the long stay people are people that will come again and again and they are going to get money out of you.

With the way the tickets are priced now, it will get to a point where Disney will lose money on admissions/food for those longer stays. This plan targets people that might go for 5 days, but since the tickets for 6,7 days are only a few more dollars, heck let's stay a couple more days. The meal prices being what they are, for most people, it is a bargin. People with 10+ day stays could easily bank meals and never have to pay anything extra for a meal, loss of revenue for Disney, for sure. Also, a ten day stay doesn't mean you will spend more on "stuff" at Disney, in fact they probably spend less because they are spending more on hotels, etc.

Perhaps in the future, their computer system will allow longer booking times with the packages, but for now, they are going to make more money on longer stays by not offering packages for stays longer then 8 days.

919Florida
01-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know of an email address I could just send a nice letter to, to let them know my opinion on this? THanks

Liz
01-04-2005, 06:05 PM
I think a limit of 10 days on the packages would certainly be reasonable. While there are people who stay longer than that, I think its not real common. Especially if they sell a 10 day ticket! Geez!

Disney_Queen34
01-04-2005, 06:12 PM
My guess is that Disney decided to do this because they figure they can make more money on the excited guests that are coming in more frequently than those that have a longer stay. For example, someone staying 15 days might not purchase as much Disney merchandise as someone staying 5 days because the 15 day person may be spending alot of time dining outside the world and visiting other area attractions.

I can understand the money point of it but I think it is very discouraging for us Disney lovers who want to stay longer.