PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about WL concierge service and ammenities available

cmj2003
01-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Looking at booking WL concierge service. What do you get for the $?
Also, can you tell me about food in the lounge? I've read that some people use this as a meal. Is that possible? Thanks!

Mickey Fliers
01-04-2005, 06:55 AM
We stayed WL concierge in November 2004 and really enjoyed it. Food offerings were pretty good (better than YC, I thought). Morning: Coffee, juice, tea, hot chocolate, muffins, bagels, danish, fresh fruit. All day snacks: gummi worms, goldfish, pretzels, cookies, juice, sodas. Evening: Usaually 2 different hot items (Roasted Chicken and White Chili; Beef Stroganoff and mashed potatoes; etc.), veggie tray, cheeses, crackers, PB&J, all the drinks. Evening Cordials: Beer, wine, Bailey's, Kahluha, Brandy, Cognac, Brownies, cookies, and other desserts.

We ate breakfast every morning in the lounge before heading out for the day. Four out of our 6 nights we were also able to utilize the lounge offerings for dinner (after we had a pretty big sit down meal for lunch). Remember, you also get the added benefit of having a staff of CM's to do all of your pre-planning ie: book PS's, specialty cruises, personal shopping, etc. This is definately a nice feature. Takes a little bit of stress out of your vacation planning.

Hope this helps.

CoolDisneyCat
01-04-2005, 07:05 AM
We've never stayed WL concierge, but we've done AKL concierge. I'd say you can easily use the concierge offerings for breakfast, as long as you aren't the type of person who *must* have bacon and eggs every morning. As far as replacing your other meals w/ the food...that gets iffy. I certainly wouldn't plan on it. First of all, it might not be food you really like! Secondly, it's not really *meant* to replace your meal; it's kind of like heavy hor d'ourves at a party. :)

Concierge is more meant to be an added level of service. The food is kind of a fun bonus, not a meal replacement. The reasons to do concierge should be more things like the convenience of having CMs help with pre-planning, the lounge the relax in, the VIP-style check-in, etc. It seems to be ppl who base their decision to do concierge solely on the notion of replacing meals w/ the food tend to be *really* disappointed by the whole experience. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, I'm just pointing that out. :)

Cass
01-04-2005, 07:14 AM
We just came back from WL Concierge in December... breakfast was danish, chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins, some mornings bagels, some mornings croissants, a small fruit platter - that was always empty, boxes of cereal, coffee, tea, milk, instant hot chocolate

Daily - gummy bears, nuts.. etc...

5:00pm - Soup (such as spinach & bean, minestrone, chowder), Hot dish such as pulled pork or smothered chicken, bread & butter, cheeese cubes, marninated veggies w/ dip, red pepper dip with crackers.

Cordials & Liquers, wines, soft drinks

I have to tell you - we were really trying to eat lightly because we had dinner reservations, but after just a small plate I was feeling full - nice tasting food.

Evening sweets.. cookies (just okay) brownines (icky) & a warm cobbler (very good)

goofyandmore
01-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Ok, you guys are making me wonder if I should try the WL concierge. We usually are at the Polynesian concierge garden view. With 3 children and one special needs, it is very convenient to just have a quick breakfast in the lounge. We have a few character dinners/breakfasts, but the other nights the lounge evening snacks are very filling so we end up not wanting to eat more.

The only hang up I had was that there always seemed like a long line for the launch going back to the hotel and with my youngest child not being able to wait (special needs), I thought that would be a problem. Also, I heard the rooms don't fit as many people, not sure about this.

Any opinions are welcomed! Carolyn