PDA

View Full Version : Mansions @ POR??

3guysandagirl
01-03-2005, 07:58 PM
These were mentioned in another post. Can someone tell me a little more about them?? We will be a group of 14, needing 5 rooms, with no more than 2 adults and 2 in kids in a room. Is this something that may work for us?? Thanks.

rkmassa
01-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Just returned from POR. Loved the mansions. Stayed in Magnolia Terrace. Lovely corner room overlooking a beautiful rose garden. We are going back this summer to stay again. We didn't like the Bayou area. Just didn't appeal to me.

Here are some pictures to see just a bit of the place.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6167237&uid=2336789

mrg013
01-03-2005, 08:01 PM
I think the POR mansions should work for you. They are quite nice, and in my opinion they are the nicest section of POR. I wasn't too fond of the alligator bayou section when we were there. Of course it's all a matter of personal opinion. The rooms are a good size for 2 adults and 2 children and you should easily be able to get 5 rooms near each other. I think I heard somewhere that they are all in the process of being renovated right now, which would make them very nice and fresh for your trip.

eelvira
01-04-2005, 12:01 AM
I just came back from been in the Acadia Mansion and it was gorgeous. All the rooms have been remodeled in the Mansions side and have refrigarators. They should be fine for 2 adults 2 kids. The whole ambiance is great. My daughter loved the slide at the pool and the playground as it was big and even had swings. I don't think any other playground at the resorts has them.

Nice selection of food at the food court and the Mousekeeping was awesome as they would arrange all her stuffed animals different ways. The 1st day they were all looking out the window with the small ones sitting in the blinds. Another day the big ones were sitting at the table reading the pizza menu and the Sasssgoula Times. Another time Mickey and Minnie were under the blankets watching TV while another one had the remote and the TV was tuned in Toon Disney. Another one was sitting in the kleenex box of the bathroom with a tootbrush in its mouth. It got to the point that she wanted to return from the parks to see what they had done with them every evening.

You can rent surrey bikes, boats. At night they have a horse carriage ride that you can take from POR to POFQ. It is indeed a fun place.

I have a reservation at WL for Easter but I'm almost convinced to call my TA and change it to the POR Mansions.

Eric

corinascot
01-04-2005, 06:37 AM
We stayed in Magnolia Terrace in June. It was lovely...and so quiet. It was as if we were the only folks staying there! I know many people on the boards love AB, too. Either would work for you. I just liked the feel of the mansions better. We used the quiet pool next to MT quite a bit. That was convenient. And MT isn't far from the big pool, either.