View Full Version : ? abt required docs for canadian flyers

01-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi, a friend of mine who lives in Canada would like to join my family at DisneyWorld in May. She lives close to Buffalo, NY and the prices for tickets decrease a lot by flying from Buffalo instead of Toronto. Could someone please let me know what documents she would need in order to fly? Does she need a passport or a BC/DL?

01-03-2005, 04:46 PM
As it is now, if she is just going to Florida, she only needs a birth certificate (with a seal) and a photo ID. If she is going on a cruise, she will need a passport.

Hope that helps! :cool:

01-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks! She is only going to DisneyWorld and Universal. No cruise.
Thanks again, it really helped!

01-05-2005, 07:22 AM
How about for flying out of Toronto to Orlando?

My birth certificate is very tattered (since they didn't laminate them, and won't let you do it), to the point that some numbers are missing.... I've driven down to Buffalo many times, and they only ask for my drivers license - will it be different at the airport? I do plan on getting a new birth certificate, I'm just not sure how quickly they process applications, and whether the new one will be ready in time...

01-06-2005, 01:07 AM
When you fly, they will check your birth certificate. If you are unsure if they will accept yours in it's current condition, you could always stop by the U.S. customs at Pearson and ask them.

01-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Please remember that a valid passport is still the best form of ID. If there is any way of getting one before hand, I would recommend that. No hassle or worries that way.