PDA

View Full Version : Question About Magic Your Way Packages - Upgrading Tickets in a Package

clkelley
01-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I've been poking around on the Disney Website and found out that yes indeed, you can purchase a different ticket from your nights. For example, I keyed in a 1-day ticket, 8 nights at Ft. Wilderness and Dining. Everything came out at exactly the prices we had known about. Rack rate on the campsite, $63 and change for the 1-day ticket, and $35 per NIGHT on the dining.

Now my question is, can I take that one-day ticket with my package and upgrade that to an annual pass since I will need a new annual pass for that trip anyway.

I know that the old LOS tickets could not be upgraded to APs if they were purchased as part of a package, because "the package had discounts and the exact amount you paid for the LOS tickets could not be determined"

With the new system, they tell you right on the website the exact amount you are paying for the tickets you are adding.

Carol

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Carol,

Not sure about that one. I would call CRO or e-mail them to find out.

Good Luck,

clkelley
01-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, I'm answering my own post. I spoke to Disney Reservations, and the agent I spoke with told me that all MYW tickets are upgradeable at Guest Relations to any higher value ticket once you arrive at WDW. I hope to be at WDW in a couple of weeks (still on my current AP) and I will ask guest relations at that time again.

I also found out that while not available on the website, you can reserve an 8-night MYW package with a 10-day MYW ticket and dining by calling CRO.

Carol

boucheresq
01-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I got told I could do it too, but only with a "processing fee" - did you get that info too?

clkelley
01-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Nope, didn't get the info about the processing fee. However, unless the processing fee is exhorbitant, or AP discounts are plentiful and more cost effective at the campsites, I may still come out ahead by booking the MYW Package with tickets and Dining, then upgrade to AP.

Carol