PDA

View Full Version : Families of five-- need advice----

FloridaGirl
01-03-2005, 02:10 PM
I have a friend who is planning a June trip to Disney.... she is fairly new to the on-site and off-site resorts-- can you give me some insight as to the best hotels for families of five--- both off and on site-- and your experience with various resorts--- thanks in advance :grouphug:

AJKMOM
01-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Onsite; the deluxes have room for 5. You can go to the DVC Board here and rent points at a DVC resort.

Offsite; I had good luck booking through Hotelkingdom.com. There are plenty of places near WDW for 5 people. Look under the Orlando Board here, too.

luvsTink
01-03-2005, 03:05 PM
For us it made sense last year to rent two rooms at Pop. Gave us alot of space and with a code a bargain to boot!

Anne

Rhonda
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
The Port Orleans Riverside has rooms with trundle beds that will fit 5, as long as one of the children is small enough to sleep on the trundle bed!

noodles
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
We are a family of 5 and stayed at POR on our last trip. There is a pull out trundle that one child can sleep on. We loved this resort and are planning on staying there again this December! For a budget trip this was our best option for staying onsite.

Grumpy92
01-03-2005, 03:48 PM
They also might consider a Wilderness Cabin at FW. Sleeps six, full kitchen and maid service.

Laugh O. Grams
01-03-2005, 03:48 PM
If, like you, she lives in Florida, make sure she checks out the Florida resident discount codes, regardless of where they stay.

PamQ
01-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Do any of the moderate resorts have rollaways or cots? We have booked at POR, but now I'm wondering if my son will fit on the trundle bed. I don't mind paying an extra $15 for the rollaways as long as I know that I can get one.

:D :wizard:

Castillo Mom
01-03-2005, 04:18 PM
No rollaways at the moderates as they only sleep up to for unless you stay at POR as previously mentioned.

As for deluxe resorts, we stayed at the Beach Club and we're a family of 5. We were very comfortable and I have 3 strapping young lads. We weren't in the room much anyway and the ambience was very relaxing at this property with lots to do.

jtovey56
01-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Last June my tribe of 5 stayed at POR & LOVED It. there was enough room for all & the grounds were beautiful. Ask for building 14 as it is closest to bus & Food Court.
Jim

armomof3lvsdisney
01-03-2005, 04:48 PM
:cool1: POR :cool1:

As a family of 5 we love POR!!

POR here we come!!

Deb & Bill
01-03-2005, 10:43 PM
We had 5 at the Polynesian - two queen sized beds and one twin sized day bed. It wasn't bad at all. Kids were 4, 9 and 11. We were in Moorea which is now called Tahiti.

SnoWhiteRabbit
01-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the thread...I was about to post this question, even though I know it's been posted a thousand times! :rolleyes: We are a family of five:grouphug: , but my youngest was under three on our last trip this December, so we've always been good at the values. Now that we will no longer be able to do that, I was starting to contemplate our options for our next trip. I am leaning towards 2 rooms at a value or POR. We'll see...

Thanks again for all the replies.

disneymania
01-04-2005, 08:02 AM
We are a family of 5 too & really went round & round about where to stay this time now that everyone is over 3. We have stayed at POR 2 x & so really wanted someplace new. We are staying at Poly in a few weeks because it has always been a dream of mine to stay there. Next time we go (although my DH always says this is our last time) I think we will get 2 rooms at moderate. I just stayed in hotel with 3 kids last week for 1 night & wanted to scream at bedtime & in morning. Everyone got the giggles at LATE bedtime & I was beat & in the morning the 2 boys were up at 6am wanting TV on. How I wished for 2nd room. I'm getting a little nervous about a whole week in same room. I am hoping that everyone will be so tired from walking at parks that they just fall into bed (at least my DH & I will).

DisneyMomx7
01-04-2005, 08:49 AM
When we were going to stay at POR last year I was told by a CM that they can put a rollaway in the Mansions room, although it's a tight fit. We ended up going back to GF anyway but thought you might want to know if you're worried about the trundle bed size.

PamQ
01-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the info. We will stay with POR and if the trundle bed is too small, hopefully we can switch to a mansion room with a rollaway.

:wave2: :wave2: :earsboy:

epcotfan
01-06-2005, 06:46 AM
I would go for two rooms at a value or moderate. The extra bathroom, beds and tv are lifesavers when it comes to travelling with family!

dreaminboutdisney
01-06-2005, 09:24 AM
My family of 5 stayed at the Contemporary in the garden wing rooms in Aug 04. Room was bigger than most hotel rooms. 2 queen size beds and a couch that converts to a twin my teen slept on. Very convenient monorail transportation to MK and Epcot.

teribell
01-06-2005, 02:14 PM
We too are a family of 5. DH, ME, DD13, DS11, DS7. We stayed Aug 2004 in two connecting rooms at AKL. The fall discount rate was a very good deal. One room had bunk beds and a queen? and the other had 2 queens. Like others have said more room, 2 bathrooms, 2 tv's really makes for a much more enjoyable time for all.

missypie
01-06-2005, 02:44 PM
How about a "family of 5" FAQ thread? I think "Where to stay for a family of 5?" is one of the most common questions posted. (I know; I've done it myself.)