PDA

View Full Version : Class action lawsuit for 30% discount?

Dopey420
01-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I have been offline for a couple of weeks. Did anyone else get the notice about a class action lawsuit for people who bought a package through the WDW website? You have a choice of options but one of them is a (one time)30% discount off rack rates for any length of stay.

KilleriMac17
01-03-2005, 12:33 PM
I have been offline for a couple of weeks. Did anyone else get the notice about a class action lawsuit for people who bought a package through the WDW website? You have a choice of options but one of them is a (one time)30% discount off rack rates for any length of stay.

I think that was because of people that werent paying attention and ordered the vacation protection saying they didnt know they got it(through the website)... of course, I read when I book my vacations.... :rolleyes:

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 01:01 PM
They'll let anyone sue for anything these days. If that was the reason, it is on there in black and white. What are they going to say next, I didn't realize that I hadn't checked off the hopper box on the site and could only go to one park a day.

Dopey420
01-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Actually, the notice said that from 1999 through 12/31/2003, there was not a way to opt out of the vacation protection if you clicked on everything yourself. They fixed the web design.

I will happily take the discount. It is a good thing they do let you sue for things like this because big corporations will rip you off anytime they can. For example, almost everytime I go to a big grocery chain, they charge me a different price at the register than was advertised on the shelf. Unluckily for them, I check my receipt carefully. Most have a policy that you get the item for free if it is wrongly priced. I love it when I get a $15 bag of dog food free.

Honestly, I get something free every 2nd trip to the grocery. CHECK THOSE RECEIPTS! :cool1:

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 01:22 PM
That is strange. When I have checked reservations in the past and made some package ones that I cancelled, I was always able to opt out of the insurance.