PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge boat transportation

Polly Juice
01-03-2005, 12:20 PM
We will be at the Wilderness Lodge in early February. I was wondering what time the boat leaves for Magic Kingdom in the mornings. Also how does the boat run between the Contemporary and the W. Lodge, how often etc.? Thanks in advance! :D

ILoveWDW2003
01-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Earliest boat would be 7:15 - sometimes its easier to go to the Contemporary and walk to the MK, it all depends.

Cantw8
01-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Only take the boat if you have lots of time to kill. It is a painfully slow ride!!!

ILoveWDW2003
01-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Only take the boat if you have lots of time to kill. It is a painfully slow ride!!! I disagree - it would take less time than taking a bus to the TTC and then the monorail or ferry. Even driving to the TTC and taking the monorail or ferry may take longer.

Its a great ride - we love it.

-Joe

esk
01-03-2005, 02:32 PM
And sometimes it goes to FW first. So a lot of times, we got off at the CR and walked or rode the monorail since my son insisted.

Side note -- we did the Flag Family (great, by the way, ask at the front desk when you check in and you can help raise the flag on the roof in the morning, I think at 8 am) and we noticed at the side of WL's parking lot, there is a small patch of trees separating WL from the CR and it seemed like if they could just make a path, you could walk to the CR very quickly too.

Deb & Bill
01-03-2005, 10:51 PM
The little boat to the CR starts in the morning before the larger boat. We took the little boat over to CR and walked to the MK from there.