PDA

View Full Version : Good news, you can get AAA disount on MYW packages

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Sorry it took so long, but it is raining hard and I wanted to make sure that I got back safely. As I promised here is what I found out.

Here is the deal. If you call AAA now, they can't help you because the reservation computers are down again. AAA has a special number that they call and while i was waiting they said it would be back up in 1 hr to 1.5 hours. I did find out that you do get the normal 10,15, 20% off on the room portion of the packages like you would on a room only reservation. However it looks like from the amount I was giving and the savings, they are taking 15% (regular season off on the room and dinning option together). This would go with what other people were told by AAA agents also.

However, she was able to go on the AAA disney site which by the way is the same site we go on, but it gives the final price with the discount. She gave me the figure but will call back later, because she wants to make sure the numbers match up. Also they can only do 8 night trips as well under the new package system.

Here is the tenative figure:

Pop Century May 27-June 4 standard room:
Package: MYW with dinning 8 night/ 7 day with 7 day hopper

Disney price: $1,458.23 (from quote I got from online system)
AAA price: $1,278.85

Savings $ 179.38 ($25.62 off a day)

So it seems the higher of the category resort you stay the bigger total off you get.

Saving $179.38 is great, and is more than I would have gotten off if I went directly through Disney so when she calls back I am going to jump on the deal while it is still available.

I hope this helps

Tabetha
01-03-2005, 12:22 PM
That is incredibly helpful, thank you!

Gillian
01-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Thank you! I'm glad you made it home safely!

So it seems the higher of the category resort you stay the bigger total off you get. Sort of, because it's a percentage, but Deluxe resorts are just 10% off during regular season (most of the Spring) so the savings are not that great.

My AAA room only rate for WL for April is still over $100 more per night than some of the code/AP rates I've seen. Maybe if the discount is on the other parts of the package it might be worth it. Or if we can't get a code or AP rate.

Thanks again!!! :Pinkbounc

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 12:26 PM
I forgot to mention, if you go to a AAA office, and your a AAA member, make sure you pick up the new Walt Disney World Preferred Travel Allicance MYW guide. It has two kids and Mickey on the cover with the dates Jan 2 - Dec 31, 2005.

I just started looking over it and it has lots of cool and helpful information on the deals that AAA has.

golfgal
01-03-2005, 12:28 PM
I called a AAA office to get a quote, too. They said the same thing, the computer was down and they will call me later with a quote. I am looking for a quote for AKL, so it will people a general idea of a Deluxe discount. I will post when I hear something.

Leslie32
01-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Thank you for all the information. I to am a AAA member and I called them this morning with all my information and she said she will call me back later on but I don't know when. I am looking for a quote on Poly. I am new at AAA and this is my first disney world trip. I know the lady said that they have specific AAA rooms at different resorts. Does anyone know about poly? What are the rooms, I already have a lagoon view concierge room reserved and I really want one of those rooms. Can anyone give me more info?

Also we are going in the value season July 11-17. Do you know what the percentage off of the Poly rooms would be? 10 or 15 percent?

Thanks a bunch

Leslie

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Leslie,

Looking at the new Disney MYW magazine I got at AAA, Poly at value season would be 15% off.

WDWBetsy
01-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Thanks for this info, Jason! I really appreciate it. :Pinkbounc

Leslie32
01-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Thank you so much Jason. Is the 15 percent that AAA gave you off the whole pkg or just the room part? If its off the whole pkg that would be great more money saved.

Thanks a bunch
Leslie

Luv2trav
01-03-2005, 12:41 PM
I am not a AAA member but would be willing to join for the discount.

Can you tell me when and what category the 20% discount is available? I am just curious.

Thank you!

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 12:42 PM
No problem luckily I had decided to take off these two days to extend my new years holiday a little.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Luv2trav,

You get 20% off each night during value season at the value and Moderate resorts and at Disney's Fort Wilderness Rosort and Campsite (campsites).

Also, just to let you know, the membership besides getting these discounts is worth it. I pay $54 a year and you would be surprised out what kind of discounts AAA members get.

Luv2trav
01-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Actually after our snow/ice storm last week I was just telling my husband that we need to get AAA and that was before the added discounts.. Plus if we drive to Fla we can get trip tiks... :o) I love those things, they remind me of road trips with my parents when I was young.

Thanks for the info. So the 20% off moderates we could use this Febuary. We are thinking of going Feb 11-18th and that is still value season. Am I correct?

Thanks!

Leslie32
01-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Luv2Trav I am new to AAA what is triptiks? I hope I don't sound to dumb :guilty:

Drizzo67
01-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful information, Jason. It definately looks like it would be worth joining AAA to receive the discounts. Plus it couldn't hurt to have for other traveling reasons. princess:

Leslie32
01-03-2005, 12:57 PM
MagicKingdom05 is the 15 percent off the whole pkg or just the room? :confused:

Luv2trav
01-03-2005, 12:58 PM
You tell AAA that you need a map from point A to pont B and they compile it for you in a nice flip through map. They will also highlight and give you any construction or delays that is going on.. It's just an added bonus if you are taking a long road trip.

Leslie32
01-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Thank luv2trav I saw triptik on the website but didn't get into reading it yet. That is a great thing to have. Thank you again. I will have to get that for our VERY long trip to disney.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Leslie,

It is 15% off the room and maybe the dinning option, because I still haven't been able to figure out how they came up with the price they gave me AAA. That is why I am still waiting for her to call me back and confirm the rate.

Luv2Roam
01-03-2005, 01:16 PM
There should be lots of packages that include the Swan and Dolphin too. Some of you may want to check out that route in case another WDW resort of your choice does not match your needs.

Docsknotinn
01-03-2005, 01:20 PM
I booked directly through Disney and got the same AAA rate. About 12% off a Concierge room at AKL 5/4 and 5/5 and GF Garden View for the following three nights.

disneyjunkie
01-03-2005, 01:20 PM
When I called AAA this morning, I was told the 15% is only off of the room rate. I was hoping for a discount on the MYW passes as well, but no such luck.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 01:21 PM
True, because the magazine shows those at $35% off anytime.

WDWBetsy
01-03-2005, 01:23 PM
I booked directly through Disney and got the same AAA rate. About 12% off a Concierge room at AKL 5/4 and 5/5 and GF Garden View for the following three nights.

Disney would not let me keep the AAA discount if I added the meal plan. So that's why I'm going to book a package directly through AAA.

Docsknotinn
01-03-2005, 01:26 PM
The Mouse has lost his mind ! I mean it just doesn't make any sense to penalize you a discount when you are buying even MORE ! pirate:

WDWBetsy
01-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I agree!

golfgal
01-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Well, this is a little strange--I just got a call from the AAA agent I called and the quote he gave me was $333 HIGHER then the rate off the Disney website. I did double check a while back what the room only ressie would be at AAA compared to the rate I got through SmallWorld vacations and that was higher as well.

What my quote was:

5 people, 2 ad, 3 kids 12, 10, 10
AKL-deluxe savanah view bunk bed room
7 day MYW tickets with park hopping, magic plus and dining option
May 30-June 4 (5 nights/6 days in the parks)--took the 7th day pass because it was only $6 more total and we might use it instead of the beach day we were planning.

Disney website price--$4454.50
AAA quote--$4787--no idea why-I am waiting to hear back from AAA again to see why the price is more. We are AAA members and have been for many years.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 01:32 PM
golfgal,

That is weird. If anything it should be less because of the discount on the room. Everything else would be the same except for the room charge.

Docsknotinn
01-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Theese are the AAA rates I got from Disney. AKL concierge Savannah view $491 with tax, then we are moving to the GF Garden View, $394 with tax. I didn't buy tickets from Disney because they have no AAA rate. AAA has a 4 day parkhopper for $209. If better codes come out I may consider buying annual passes but I'd have to save a total of $400 to justify it.
oops May 4-9.
How do you get a better deal with AAA other than the AAA drink or a $25 coupon ? I always like to book direct. If their is some error on a reservation if Disney made it they will fix it instead of telling me to work it out with the travel agent. I have always had good experiences with AAA though.

Gillian
01-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Theese are the AAA rates I got from Disney. AKL concierge Savannah view $491 with tax, then we are moving to the GF Garden View, $394 with tax. I didn't buy tickets from Disney because they have no AAA rate. AAA has a 4 day parkhopper for $209. If better codes come out I may consider buying annual passes but I'd have to save a total of $400 to justify it.
oops May 4-9.It should be 10% off before the tax, and the tax will be less as well. That's probably how it is ~12%

Docsknotinn
01-03-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm sure thats right. You just gotta love AAA. Its really hard to get a better value on a membership. The city maps for the area I live in are priceless and I actually saved more than a annual membership cost ( easily ) on this trip alone ! :Pinkbounc :jumping4:

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 02:05 PM
The only other time I used them was for a flat tire. My parents have been members for years and keep telling me I should check AAA before my trips. I wounder what other deals they could have gotten me on other trips.

I guess better now then never.

golfgal
01-03-2005, 02:22 PM
My AAA agent just called me back and what he told me was that the quote he gave me was with meal plans for all 7 days of the park pass. The quote I got off the Disney website only had meals for 5 days--which means you can get a meal plan for all the days of your pass not just the days you stay, I am assuming anyway.

He did say that AAA was going to discount the tickets 5-10% as well. We will see what he comes up with now.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 02:29 PM
golfgal,

Mine keeps telling me that both the AAA members area and the Disney reservation are both down. Basically the same stuff we all went through yesterday. Hopefully sometime today or tommorrow they will have something.

my3girls
01-03-2005, 03:07 PM
I am so confused. I have been talking to 2 seperate TA from AAA and they both said I cannot get a discount on the room portion. I am wanting a Poly L.V. room for Sept. 3-10th, using the MYW package with park hopper added and dining option. We are 2 adults and 3 children ages 13 (adult by Disney standards- scary) , 9 and 8. Am I missing something? Please help!!
Lori

golfgal
01-03-2005, 03:12 PM
I am still not convinced that I will get a discount either. Right now my rate is MORE then what I got on the Disney site. It sounds like, too, that if you use a AAA discount you can't get the dining add on. The reservation site for AAA has been giving them some problems so we might not know anything for certain for a couple days until they get the kinks out or the traffic on the site dies down some.

WDWBetsy
01-03-2005, 03:19 PM
I am so confused. I have been talking to 2 seperate TA from AAA and they both said I cannot get a discount on the room portion. I am wanting a Poly L.V. room for Sept. 3-10th, using the MYW package with park hopper added and dining option. We are 2 adults and 3 children ages 13 (adult by Disney standards- scary) , 9 and 8. Am I missing something? Please help!!
Lori
There's a chance that the AAA rate is sold out for the dates you need at the Poly. That's my first thought.

Still waiting to hear back from my AAA agent.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 03:34 PM
My TA has e-mailed me a couple of times to let me know she is still working on it, but the site is still down.

But, I double checked what she was showing before I left, and mine did have:

8 night/7 day package at Pop Century with 7 day hopper and dinning option added on for $1278.85. She even wrote the amount down incase it showed up differently when they were able to get the quote by phone.

Lizzydoll73
01-03-2005, 03:38 PM
My TA has e-mailed me a couple of times to let me know she is still working on it, but the site is still down.

But, I double checked what she was showing before I left, and mine did have:

8 night/7 day package at Pop Century with 7 day hopper and dinning option added on for $1278.85. She even wrote the amount down incase it showed up differently when they were able to get the quote by phone.

Just curious, how many people is the quote for?

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Lizzydoll73,

Just myself. It's a solo trip that I have been wanting to go on and have been planing for about 3 years.

Julia M
01-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I went to AAA today, to see if they could give me some info.

For a 7 night package, plus an extra night, with 7 day passes (expiring, no hopper, etc). I was quoted $3734 at the Poly, garden view. I was told if I wanted to go into the parks 8 days, I would have to buy one day passes (adding $305.58 for the 5 of us). This was for December 19-27.

I currently have a room only ressie at the Poly with the same dates for approximately $2296. Seven day passes I would buy from Disney, on site, are $1018. So this package would be $420 more dollars. It is essentially charging me rack rate of $304 for the room.

The reason I looked into a package was to get the dining option. I probably wouldn't save tons, but I anticapte I would break even, at the evry least (based on what restaurants I want to try this year). But with the added room charge of $420, plus not being able to buy a 10 day pass (so an extra $305 for tickets), it's not a good deal for me.

Additionally, I hope to get an even better rate on our room if discounts come out, and I have some unused hopper passes I can utilize for MYW tickets, so a package is not in the cards for us.

Julia

disneyjunkie
01-03-2005, 03:50 PM
I am still not convinced that I will get a discount either. Right now my rate is MORE then what I got on the Disney site. It sounds like, too, that if you use a AAA discount you can't get the dining add on. The reservation site for AAA has been giving them some problems so we might not know anything for certain for a couple days until they get the kinks out or the traffic on the site dies down some.

If you book a package with AAA, you get a discount on the room. You can add dining to your discounted,AAA package.

Lizzydoll73
01-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Anyone know how far ahead you can book an AAA package? We are not going until 2006 but have a room reserved already through Disney.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 04:02 PM
I believe that the AAA rates for 2005, were released sometime in fall, but not 100% sure. You would probably have to wait until then to make a reservation through AAA. I would call and ask to make sure.

my3girls
01-03-2005, 04:09 PM
My dates were not sold out, she just told me that a discount was not part of it. I then procedded to ask her what was the advantage of booking through AAA, and I was given the standard perks, nothing great (free drink etc..) I'm not sure she was familiar with the new packages. I found myself supplying her with information. I can always book through Disney and get the AA discount, correct?

Nik's Mom
01-03-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm still waiting to hear from my AAA agent. For those of you thinking about getting a membership, it is well worth it. They offer discounts on many different things, not just travel. And I believe it offers savings while at USF and IOA. Also, you can get your DMV car tags from there. I was in line for just a few minutes today to get my tags, rather than waiting close to 2 hours at my local DMV office.

Someone mentioned swan and dolphin discounts. I'm waiting on a quote for Pop, Swan and Dolphin. I'll post the rate when I get it. I believe we can't use the meal plan at Swan/Dolphin, but I noticed in the AAA brochure that they will give $200 disney dollars at check in. We'll see what the rate is though.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 04:14 PM
my3girls,

Actually you can't go through Disney if you want a AAA discount on the packages. You can for just a room only AAA discount however. Maybe you had a AAA person that wasn't sure about it.

All I know is that you can get a discount on the new MYW packages if you go directly through AAA. I picked up a 55 page guide today from them with all the new MYW package information and what they offer. It's a pretty useful magazine that explains everything really well.

my3girls
01-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks for all the info. I think I'll just go to AAA and pick up the booklet today. That way I can prove to them I know what I'm tlaking about!! :love:

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 04:28 PM
my3girls,

You will love the new information in the magazine. Just a heads up, and you should like your already a AAA member, but I just want to let you know that they might not give it to you unless your a memeber. I believe that all the free material is for AAA members only.

disneydill
01-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks for all the great information!
Are the AAA packages only for 8 nights? As much as I'd like to, that is too long for us.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 04:39 PM
disneydill,

I am sorry if I confused you. In the past when you made a package through Disney you use to beable to make them for up to 10 nights. When MYW came out, you can now only make them for a maximum of 8 nights. So those of use who want to go longer than 8 nights can't use the package.

Now if you want to go less than 8 nights you can do that through Disney or AAA, but nothing past 8 nights. Also if you want the AAA discount on the packages you need to go through AAA directly.

Nik's Mom
01-03-2005, 04:44 PM
My3girls,
You can't get the package w/ AAA discount through WDW. You must book through AAA directly. WDW can only book you rooms with AAA discount.

groover
01-03-2005, 04:53 PM
At one time, I had as firm a grip as anyone on the packages....now I've completely lost my mind.

As of 10:00 a.m. this morning, I'm a proud member of AAA. Even without the Disney discounts, I think it will be worth the membership (as is well documented on this board).

However, somebody tell me if I'll be better off for my 5 night vacation (beginning on the last day of value season) from 10/4 thru 10/9 doing a MYW w/ dining or a AAA package. We have 2 adults, 1 child (6 years)....no park hopping...am interested in dining if it makes sense.

I know this question has been posed a thousand times already, but like I said...I've lost it. Somebody just tell me what to do and I'll be forever indebted.

Forgot to mention...we are interested in either Poly or WL/AKL. I'm sure you would need that info.

Docsknotinn
01-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Everyone has different needs. I have never found the meal packages to be a "value". I find at best if you use every single thing you can you break even. Personally I'd rather just pay for what I want with out the meal hassle. A lot of other people with bigger familys and groups feel the exact opposite that with the meal plan they don'y have to think about it any more. You just gotta choose what works best for you.

golfgal
01-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Ok, I just got a call back from my AAA guy. Here is what he said--AAA is discounting the tickets, but only about $10 total for our package (5 of us-not a great discount). The quote he gave me was for:

5 nights AKL-deluxe sav. view, bunk beds
5-7 day park tickets with park hopping/magic plus
5 nights dining option on tickets
trip insurance/hotel transfers
cost--$4440.00 ($4217 w/o ins and transfers)

What I got off the Disney Reservation site was $4454 but that did not include insurance or transfers which he quoted as being about $223, so the AAA package was about $237 less expensive.

With the room rate I have now and buying the tickets separately it would be $4229, so not a great savings, but a savings at least.

Gillian
01-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the info, golfgal!

I'm not sure what kind of transfers AAA is including, but after May 5th you can use the Disney magical express bus from the airport for free.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 06:03 PM
golfgal,

I wish my AAA agent was using whatever system your agent was using because I am still being told that the system is down and they can't confirm the quote I got this morning.

WDWBetsy
01-03-2005, 06:07 PM
golfgal,

I wish my AAA agent was using whatever system your agent was using because I am still being told that the system is down and they can't confirm the quote I got this morning.

They're probably wanting to leave for the day and will call us tomorrow (I hope so!).

Thanks for posting all the info you found out. I can't wait to book our trip.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Actually, I still might beable to get mine since there offices here don't close until 6 pm cst. I think however that they lady I am using did go home 15 minutes ago.

Oh well, I am home Tuesday for my last day of new years vacation anyways so I might as well have something to do.

golfgal
01-03-2005, 06:56 PM
It sounded like the system was up and down all day and he happened to get in when it was up. He had called me earlier and thought it would be tomorrow before I got a quote, but he did call today.

disneysnowflake
01-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Do these AAA discounts vary according to location?

I went to AAA in person today to get a quote for an 8 night trip in October.
I was surprised to see that the AAA quote and the WDW quote were exactly the same... except AAA was going to charge me $20 to book the reservation ($5 fee per person).

AAA wanted me to book on the spot and pay in full for this vacation. I told the gal I was just getting prices. She wasn't very happy. It was a package that included 8 nights, 7 day basic MYW tickets with no park hopping~will expire~no extras, and the meal plan for 4 of us. The tickets were exactly the same on both packages.

I guess I thought AAA would discount it a little. I think I'd be better booking via WDW.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 07:06 PM
disneysnowflake,

There shouldn't be a difference at all. All the discounts are the same no matter where you are at.

Unless I am missing something, as far as having to pay everything at once, my understanding was that you would only have to put $200 down and the rest is due 45 days like it would be through Disney.

Nik's Mom
01-03-2005, 07:10 PM
My AAA agent just called back. For 7 nights at Pop w/ 7 day (park hop option, will expire, no water parks) tix and dining for 2 adults and one child it came out to $1988. That's only $30 less than WDW's quote from yesterday.
I couldn't get a quote for Swan/Dolphin. My dates were sold out :guilty: .

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Nik's Mom,

That's two people who were able to get quotes confirmed. I know it's not AAA fault. You should have seen the e-mail that I sent to Disney about the new system. I was nice but told them that they were going to start losing people if they couldn't make reservations.

minijeanie
01-03-2005, 07:44 PM
booked poly garden view with disney at AAA rate for $318 nite for 3 nites starting june 16th. I want a meal plan, and tkts as well but want tkts for 7 days as transferring to BWV for 4 days.

Are you saying that I should cancel this ressie and book it directly through AAA?

and if I keep my reservation with Dis,send deposit then decide to get discount with AAA, will I lose deposit or can it just be transferred?

very confusing these days with tickets,discounts, meal plans.

Bring back the E tickets!!!!

:love: guess showing my age :earseek:

Liz
01-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Is what Disneysnowflake quoted standard with all AAA reservations - - that they charge $5 per person to book?

Thanks!

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Liz,

I was told when I saw the AAA agent today that they charge a $25 booking fee.

disneydill
01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks, Jason, for the clarification!

Leslie32
01-03-2005, 09:58 PM
My AAA agent never called me back today :sad2: I don't understand why she didn't. I sure hope my days will be available. Everyday that passes makes me worry that they won't be.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Leslie,

Don't feel bad. Mine wasn't able to get through either since the Disney reservation system has been going in and out of working once again.

I have been in e-mail contact with here throughout the day and will be doing the same Tuesday. I hope something gets done Tuesday, because I have to be back to work on Wednesday. The last thing I need to worry about at work is if AAA has gotten my reservation or not.

bobcat
01-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Well my AAA office was closed today for the New Year holiday :sad2: I drove by on my way hoome because I knew if I called I would have to wait for quite a while to get my quote. I have never had to pay a booking fee to book anything but airline tickets from my AAA. It could be a regional thing to recoup money for the smaller commision they get since the airlines etc. started cutting back.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Bobcat,

I figure that if they are saving me $170 and there booking fee is $25 I still comeout ahead by $145.

MagicKingdom05
01-03-2005, 10:36 PM
You know what would be nice is if you could apply your AAA discount when doing an online reservation like you can do with other hotel reservations.

Gillian
01-04-2005, 08:41 AM
My AAA agent never called me back today :sad2: I don't understand why she didn't. I sure hope my days will be available. Everyday that passes makes me worry that they won't be.I'm sure your agent will call you today!!

I will say that I tried to book a Florida (non-Disney) vacation last year through AAA because my parents had a good experience with a particular agent. She never called me. I had to keep calling her and finally gave up.

I have also had AAA agents get somewhat grumpy when I said I didn't want a Disney package and not get back to me with room-only prices.

AAA has a real advantage with these new packages. I hope they use it as an opportunity to provide great customer service & get lots of new clients!

MagicKingdom05
01-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Gillian,

It's not that AAA isn't working on it. Disney's system has been down again and nobody can make reservations including AAA.

Like I mentioned in another post, I am at the stage, where I am about to say no thank you Disney, I am taking my business someplace else.

MagicKingdom05
01-04-2005, 10:25 AM
My AAA agent just e-mailed me again. Still no go with the reservation. She will continue to try today.

LilMamiBella
01-04-2005, 10:56 AM
An AAA agent emailed me today.

My quote from Disney with the basic tickets w/ dining for 3 adults 2 kids at POR was 3,016.09

AAA quoted me the same thing for 2,806.66 but she said I'd have to pay everything up front. So, now I need to cancel my reservation w/ Disney and then make a new reservation with AAA.

MagicKingdom05
01-04-2005, 11:18 AM
LilMamiBella,

She just got back to me and my quote is all messed up.

I priced everything out by it's self and came up to $100 cheaper than what AAA was quoted. I sent an e-mail back to her showing what I think it should be bassed on the information in the MYW guide I picked up from her and what Disney is saying.

If I have to, I will just make a room only reservation through Disney and will buy the tickets by themselves and will do my dinning myself also.

WDWBetsy
01-04-2005, 11:24 AM
I still haven't heard from my AAA agent ... but will let you know when I do. I'm definitely not going to pay up front for everything.

The saga continues! :wizard:

LilMamiBella
01-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I still haven't heard from my AAA agent ... but will let you know when I do. I'm definitely not going to pay up front for everything.

The saga continues! :wizard:

AAA toldme I'd have to pay everything up front so I won't have all the money required till next Friday. I have to cancel Disney and get a refund- How long does t take to get a refund from Disney? Then I have to make a reservation next Friday- I'm afraid the rooms at POR will be sold out by then because my reservation will be for Feb 2nd which ain't too far away only 20 days or sO away from next Friday.

MagicKingdom05
01-04-2005, 12:07 PM
For a $40 discount in my case, I don't think it is worth it to go through AAA instead of Disney, because if they haven't taken out the $25 booking fee then it ends up saing me $15. Plus I would have to pay everything upfront, which I am not about to do.

LilMamiBella
01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
For a $40 discount in my case, I don't think it is worth it to go through AAA instead of Disney, because if they haven't taken out the $25 booking fee then it ends up saing me $15. Plus I would have to pay everything upfront, which I am not about to do.

Do you think I should cancel my Disney reservation and sign up with AAA and take advantage of the discount? I'm really worried about POR not being avail by the time I pay and plus I have to pay up front and with Disney I can pay payments or when I get there even though Disney is almost $200 more.

MagicKingdom05
01-04-2005, 12:14 PM
LilMamiBella,

I would have them double check that because when they checked mine it changed from $1278.85 to $1413.41.

Keith
01-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Luv2Trav I am new to AAA what is triptiks? I hope I don't sound to dumb :guilty:

A triptik is kind of like a little spiral notebook that contains little maps of your entire trip with turn by turn instructions. Your route is highlighted and it makes your drive easier. They also map any construction areas to avoid along the way.
AAA members can go on the AAA website and request triptiks, make your own and print on your home printer, or stop by the AAA office to request triptiks.