PDA

View Full Version : Magic Your Way w/ AP discount

maggie mfg
01-03-2005, 09:01 AM
I just got back from Christmas vacation and looking for an answer re: MYW. When the new AP discount came out I was able to change my April ressie to an AP discount from 4/16-4/21/05. My question is can the new MYW dining option be added to my existing reservation? b4 I left for vacation it was questionable whether or not Disney was going to allow this if your ressie was discounted. Thanks. Maggie

Chuck S
01-03-2005, 09:04 AM
No, the dining option is not available to "room only" ressies. It is part of a "travel package" with rack rate rooms.

maggie mfg
01-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Thanks, Chuck. It sounded too good to be true. Maggie

married2grumpy
01-03-2005, 09:31 AM
From what I've seen and read, you cannot get a MYW ticket for more than a 10 day stay. Even on the WDW website it advices you to purchase an AP for stays longer than 10 days. It seems like there is some grounds there to argue with Disney for the MYW dining option to be added on for AP holders.

Our next trip will hopefully be for 13 nights and we will buy AP's for this stay because of the # of days and lack of MYW option. We will hopefully be able to obtain an AP rate on the room as well but we all know that is not a guarantee. I thought the dining option sounds great especially for $10 per child (we have 3). We always do character meals and it could save us money. We usually budget $100 per day for food and such.

Maybe they will make a dining plan for AP holders. Florida residents can already take advantage of the Disney Dining Experience which can save you a lot when you do Character meals or have a larger family.

I wish Disney dining was less expensive but it is vacation after all. Since when is that cheap? :smooth:

maggie mfg
01-03-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm also married to a Grumpy and being able to add the dining option would make him alot less grumpy. Now that I'm a little more knowledgable and a little less jet lagged this am, think I'll all Disney and see what they say. Then I'll call back and see what they say again.....Maggie

maggie mfg
01-04-2005, 09:08 AM
I did call Disney to confirm that the dining option cannot be added to my AP room-only ressie. Of course, you were right Chuck. Maybe they will do something for AP holders just to shut up us whiners. Maggie

married2grumpy
01-05-2005, 09:36 AM
I just read on another thread that the DDE will now be available for AP holders. It's not the same as having the MYW dining option but it's something!

maggie mfg
01-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Yes, it is something. That new perk seems to be the latest buzzz...Thanks, Maggie