PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from POR - any ??

gabsmom
01-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Just returned last night from POR. Our first time staying onsite. DH, DD and myself. We really loved the resort. We stayed in the Magnolia Bend section- Arcadian. Had a room overlooking one of the quiet pools. The rooms were tastefully done. Mousekeeping was excellent. Room clean and spotless. Though we were there at a very crowded time, the resort is so spread out, it was very quiet and relaxing after spending busy days in the park. If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them. We booked this trip through *****************s.com, Caryn, and I would definitely use them again.

Wingate76
01-03-2005, 11:52 AM
We just booked POR last night. We are going in March for our honeymoon. I had the most anxiety about picking the resort. It is good to hear you had a good time. Would you go there again? Would you stay in the Magnolia bend section if you had a choice next time? Do you have any What if's about the resort or your experiance.
Thanks so much!

Sleuth
01-03-2005, 05:47 PM
We're going to POR in August for our first onsite trip. I am curious to know if the rooms were roomy? Did you like the mansion section better than AB? What about the restaurant- were prices reasonable? Any other details at all would be greatly appreciated, TIA.

TZMOM
01-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm taking my parents (Mom 72, Dad 69) there at the end of August and requested Magnolia Bend. Did you feel like Scarlett O'Hara climbing the stairs in the front? That's who my Mom has always wanted to "be". How about the buses? I think there is a stop near that area? Did you use that one or go to the main building?

Thanks for your help - glad you had a good time.
Jane
:wave:

rkmassa
01-03-2005, 06:19 PM
We just returned from our Anniversary trip and stayed in the Mansion area. We requested Magnolia Terrace, corner room, and got both. Lovely view of the courtyard. I love the Mansion themeing. Didn't care for the Alligator Bayou theme, so wouldn't stay there. We had a bus stop right by our building. Only used it twice. Busses came quickly. Only waited the longest time for 25 minutes. I had just missed the one I needed, so I had to wait. The room was plenty big for just the two of us. Even if we had brought our kids, I don't think we would have felt crowded. There was lots of closet space, drawer space and floor space. Loved having the refrigerator too. It was small, but great to store wine, snacks and leftovers. We ate at the restaurant one morning for breakfast. Nothing unexpected in prices. We loved the resort so much we are going back in August. Now that is saying something for my DH, who has never wanted to stay onsite and only did so at my request for our last trip, to want to stay there again for 7 days.

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_bwb.htm
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_bwd.htm

The food court was yummy too. We also walked down the FQ and had Beignets one morning. That was nice. You can take the boat if you don't want to walk.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6167237&uid=2336789

These are some pictures of our last trip.

gabsmom
01-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Wingate76 - Don't be anxious at all about staying here, you are going to love it. This was our first time onsite, so we never stayed at AB before. I am happy we picked Magnolia Bend over AB and I would definitely stay in that section again.

Sleuth - I found the rooms roomy enough for the three of us. Two double beds, round table and 2 chairs, a bench. Separate area with double sinks, separate bathroom. To me, the prices were mostly reasonable at the restaurant. We ate at BoatWrights one night and the bill for the 3 of us was approximately $70.00 with the tip. The food court was approximately $25-28 for the 3 of us at breakfast.

TZMOM - We used the stop near the main building in the morning to catch the buses right after we ate breakfast. Returning we got off at the depot closest to Arcadian which was a very short walk. Buses ran every 15-20 minutes.

Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.

3guysandagirl
01-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Is there a map of the POR property somewhere? We have never stayed here and wouldn't know the first thing about where to request a room. Also, there will be 5 rooms involved so that may make a difference too. Thanks.

gabsmom
01-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Go to the top of the main page of this web site. Click on resorts and then there is a link to each resorts maps.