PDA

View Full Version : Special Trip for Mom! Which Resort?

roozlilone
01-03-2005, 08:40 AM
We are doing a last minute trip the weekend of February 5! We are taking my Mom and she has never stayed at a Disney hotel (Growing up with 6 kids in my family we always camped at the Fort Wilderness). I want this to be special trip, she is soooooo...excited. Question? There will be 3 adults and 2 children? Which hotel will comfortably fit 3 adults? Should I do home-away-from-home resorts? Suggestions for making it special? It's been 10 years since she has been to Disney! Please help! :Pinkbounc

spiceycat
01-03-2005, 10:03 AM
I am assuming first choice is near the MK - I love the Polyn - but for 3 adults and 2 children I would with the VWL 2 bedroom villa.

unless you can afford 2 rooms at the Polyn.

if the Epcot/Studios fits your family better - there is the BCV or BWV - again 2 bedrooms.

You and your husband in one bed - your mother in the bed in the second bedroom - your kids on the sofa beds.

You can rent points from a DVC member and save you some cash.

Tuffcookie
01-05-2005, 09:00 PM
I took my DM with us, for the first time in the summer of 2002. We stayed at the Poly. She needed a wheelchair to get around in so a resort on the monorail made it easy to get back to our room. I just got back from WDW (taking DM on her 2nd trip) and we stayed at the Swan. From there I could wheel her to Epcot and MGM. Both places are perfect for pampering that special mom! :D

TC :cool1:

eeyore0062
01-05-2005, 11:33 PM
I think staying in the monorail resorts just adds to the magic. This is how it works in the rooms. You will have 2 queen beds and one equivalent of a twin bed. You didn't say if any of the adults are married. If not, then put one adult in each bed, and those in the queen beds get a little bed mate. You could comfortably do this at any of the monorail resorts. The bathroom at the Contemporary wins for the best design... you have a large room with 2 sinks and a tub, then a small room off of that with the toilet and another sink. The Contemporary and the Polynesian rooms are bigger than those in the Grand Floridian and with 2 children, you may feel more comfortable in one of these resorts. My personal preference is the Polynesian.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

scoutsmom99
01-05-2005, 11:43 PM
I took my mother in October and we stayed at AKL she fell in love with AKL! I know when I take her again that is where we will stay. I put together a guidebook for my mother with info about the resorts we were staying at, new attractions that had opened since her last visit (ten years prior) I even scanned in some old family photos from previous WDW visits. She really enjoyed it.

glo
01-06-2005, 06:34 AM
I would suggest an Epcot resort or a MK resort just for convinience and because they are all deluxes. There are good bargins to be had at the Swan and Dolphin, but some feel they are not Disney enough, I for one love them. The Poly is awesome and I have stayed there. Good luck and enjoy