PDA

View Full Version : Which building to request at Poly?

keam
01-03-2005, 09:28 AM
I am going to book our rooms at the Poly this week for our vacation at the end of July. We are a family of 7 (kids are 11, 8, 6, 2, and 3 months). We are traveling with a family of 6 (their kids are 11, 8, 7, and 4).

We went to Disney last year together, and I booked us as a "grand gathering." We had two cabins at Fort Wilderness which we loved for the kitchens, but the bus situation wore us out - trying to keep up with that many kids and switching buses with the strollers. We swore that next time we would stay at a monorail resort.

So, each family will need two connecting rooms. I'm going to book us as a grand gathering again. I don't know if that will help us get our 4 rooms in the same building or not, but we loved the International Dinner at Epcot that we did last time and are planning on doing that again.

Anyway, are there any certain buildings that I should try to request or avoid? Anything else I should take into consideration? This will be our first time staying at the Poly.

Thanks,
Kristi

rcraw45425
01-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Samoa is lovely, centrally located between the volcano pool and the quiet pool. Check out Tikiman's site on this board for Poly info, it's great!

luvmarypoppins
01-03-2005, 10:40 AM
I too second samoa, with rarotonga being the next option. This would be if you booked a garden view. Why do you ask, these bldgs. are the closest non smoking to the gch and right smack by the quiet pool, volcano pool and near captain cooks for refillable mug runs and snack stops. Also with all your gang and strollers etc. you can short cut between bldgs, to get air condition breaks if the heat is unbearable and it also helps if you are dodging huge raindrops. You can shortcut to the bus stop too from this area and its close to moana mickeys arcade, make sure to take advatage of the arcade challenge for the kids, free video games for an hour several times a week if they still offer it during the kids activities. Out the other side of samoa is the beach where you can view the fireworks and water parade from the beach at night. You will love the Poly.

PamNC
01-03-2005, 10:49 AM
We've stayed there twice and loved it...it's our favorite resort. Both times we were in Tokelau. I think it's an excellent location, close to everything and great garden views. However, I think it's hard to get a bad location at the Poly. I always ask for a view of "something other than a parking lot" - that's the only thing I wouldn't want to get stuck with.

PamNC

keam
01-03-2005, 11:21 AM
I just spoke with the mom of the family we're vacationing with. We are interested in concierge level. It would be quite a splurge since we each would have to pay the extra concierge price for two rooms, but we're both willing to do it. We plan to come and go quite a bit for naps, pool breaks, and so forth, and the convenience of having snacks and drinks easily available would be great. Getting the kids' breakfast there would be nice, too.

I'm overwhelmed with information at this point. Is concierge in a building by itself, or could I still request a certain building?

Thanks so much,
Kristi