PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed - No Mickey Soaps at GF

simba2
01-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Just back from our Christmas trip where we stayed at the GF for the 1st time. My disappointment -- they do not have Mickey soaps, shampoo, etc. in the rooms. It's not that I like the shampoo, but I like the cute little bottles and I always have to take a bar of Mickey soap home in my suitcase. It just didn't feel like staying on property without the black packages with Mickey's face on them. Instead they had little colored bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and the soap was wrapped in something other than Mickey paper. Has anyone else been surprised/disappointed by this?

Chuck S
01-02-2005, 10:39 PM
We had the usual Mickey items at OKW in early December.

Ilovestitch
01-02-2005, 11:02 PM
That's weird- I didn't know GF had different toiletries, I thought all the resorts carried the Mickey stuff. We had the regular mickey soaps at the Polynesian recently. Maybe they ran out or something.

jockey
01-03-2005, 03:10 AM
we did not have the mickey soaps last time we stayed at GF - I was disappointed too!!!

my3kids
01-03-2005, 05:07 AM
Maybe the GF read the huge bruhaha on the Budget Board about Mickey Soap being Ivory Soap and they removed the bars to avoid the controversy! :earboy2:

jel0511
01-03-2005, 05:38 AM
The GF never offered the Mickey products. They've always offered their own "brand" to keep with the theme of the resort. They are also supposed to be "upgraded" from the Mickey brand. They are, the soap is GREAT as is the hand lotion they provide.

Leota
01-03-2005, 05:38 AM
GF uses Victorian themed packaging vs. the Mickey packaging. I would hope that it is higher quality toiletries as well.....

I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed by them. I thought the ones they had were in keeping with the resort theme.

pirateofthecarolinas
01-03-2005, 06:28 AM
My mother loves the GF hand lotion. Housekeeping gave her extra.

I thought the cotton balls and swabs were adorable with the white rabbit from AIWL packaging.

Lori

sotoalf
01-03-2005, 07:13 AM
The GF has never had Mickey soup, at least not in the last several years. I prefer theirs anyway.

DisneyMomx7
01-03-2005, 07:19 AM
We stay at GF and they never have the Mickey soap or lotions. I would like them (for the bottles ) for the kids but what are you going to do?

D&R love Disney
01-03-2005, 08:36 AM
I loved the different soap and shampoo offered at the GF.

j's m
01-03-2005, 08:39 AM
We were surprised too, it didn't seem like a Disney resort at all.

Luigi's Girl
01-03-2005, 09:30 AM
On one of our previous trips we split our stay and went from the VWL to GF. First we were disappointed to go from a roomy 1 bedroom villa to a regular room and once we walked into the bathroom we weren't too happy about no Mickey toiletries either.

webray
01-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Our GF soaps were Alice in wonderland themed.

simba2
01-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Yes, I think the grade of toiletries was better at the GF. I know the Mickey shampoo is hard to get a lather in my hair and I had no prob with the GF one. Having a separate conditioner was great, too. I had no complaints about their quality -- it was just the Mickey packaging that I missed. For those of you who mentioned staying at other resorts recently and having Mickey themed toiletries, we just stayed at the YC at Thanksgiving and they had Mickey, too. I guess it's just the GF that doesn't. It was our 1st trip there so we assumed they would be like the rest. It was no big deal, but like someone said, it just didn't seem like a WD resort without it! I agree, Lori, the swabs and cotton balls with the white rabbit packaging were cute! The other WDW resorts don't give swabs and cotton balls.

Snurk71
01-03-2005, 04:14 PM
I don't know it they still do, but in past trips we've asked housekeeping for some Mickey toiletries and they left some in the room.

On the other coast, we asked for some at GC and were told they didn't keep any at the resort.

DebbieB
01-03-2005, 04:33 PM
I stayed at GF in 1994 and 1999, they had their own soaps, lotions, etc. I loved the lotion! I still have the little sewing kit in a GF tin, I keep it in my desk at work.

simba2
01-03-2005, 08:13 PM
They aren't giving out sewing kits anymore -- or at least we didn't get one.