PDA

View Full Version : Room location at Swan

jstbcuz
01-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I was wondering what was a good room location for the Swan? More than likely we will need to get a standard room, but didnt know if they were all the same view or what my optiions for requesting them would be. Epcot view, TOT view, etc. Not sure what levels are standard view, etc.

Any help you can be on the different views for a standard room would be appreciated.

jjskribs
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
We just returned on Saturday night from our first stay at the Swan. I was booked into a standard room on a government discount. I fully expected to have a view of a parking lot. When we checked in we were told that we had been upgraded to a lakeview room. We were on the 6th floor and looked directly at the walkway to the Dolphin. We had great fun watching the water taxis. We were thrilled with the view. On our confirmation sheet it stated that we had an "undesignated view of the surrounding resort." It sure wound up being a lot nicer than it sounded!

mrg013
01-03-2005, 07:39 PM
We just returned from a stay at the Dolphin, but I did notice that at the Swan there seem to be basically three views. The worst and probably standard view is out the front looking at the entrance or parking lot and possibly the roof. I'm not positive but I think water view rooms can have a nice view out the side towards the canal to MGM and the Boardwalk or the lake. I think resort view is basically a view of the Dolphin, other rooms, gardens, etc. We actually stayed at the Dolphin twice this year with a standard view. The first time the view was awful- all we could see was the roof and if you looked to the side you could see the employee entrance to the hotel. The second time, we had a nicer view of the front entrance and bus stop, however we had to get moved due to the air conditioner not working. We got upgraded to what I assumed to be a resort view of a courtyard area. We could also see the lake and TOT, though. I think the Swan and Dolphin views aren't very clear cut, and you could easily end up with a mix of views. You should call the hotel and ask specifically what the view will be for a better idea.