View Full Version : help, help

01-02-2005, 07:54 PM
we are leaving for wdw on jan. 7 and my son is flying later on jan. 12. he lost his only photo ID and we are not sure if the US customs will let him fly. Sky service is the flight and they say a birth certificate is enough. Any ideas. thanks

01-02-2005, 07:56 PM
How old is your son? If he's under 16 then he might be able to get away with just the birth certificate, although they really do want photo ID.

01-02-2005, 08:07 PM
my son is 27 but he has a disability.

01-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Another form of photo ID is the OHIP photo card. Does he have one of these?

01-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Where are you located? You might be able to do something like go to your provincial liquor commision - ours here offers photo ID. It's not ideal, but it is government-issued.

01-02-2005, 10:52 PM
He will definitely need to produce a government issued photo id. The best thing at this point is to apply for an emergency passport. Get the form filled out and take a copy of your airline itinerary with you. Skyservice will not let him on the flight without because if the US Immigration rejects him, it is up to the airline to fly him home at their expense. Airlines will not take the chance on this. Good Luck - the photo health card is another good option. You can go to Hamilton and get it quite quickly so hopefully there is a location near you. Call OHIP (their number is in the blue pages of your phone book) and find the nearest location to you.

Good Luck !
Have a great trip!
Teresa :flower: