PDA

View Full Version : The Cash Cow!......

Yacht Club Guy
01-02-2005, 06:39 PM
For the prices offered, Do you think it is worth having that extera little perk, like concariage, a suite, or a better view? ( I am talking about all resorts, not just one.) In my opinion, with the cash cow of mine, it is not worth a suite, or concariage, but it is worth the extera cash for the location and view.

F1Julie
01-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Not worth the cash! I don't spend any great length of time staring out my windows or balcony, so to pay for a view is ridiculous to me. Also, concierge seems like a waste to me. I doubt I'd eat much of the food and I like making my own PS arrangements. As for a suite, I usually travel alone with DD, so even a value resort has enough room for us.

cobbler
01-02-2005, 07:29 PM
I haven't been to any of the deluxes so can't say anything on that for sure but as for the values, there is no way I would spend the extra 10 for the preferred room. The regular rooms aren't that far away and you have less chance of extra noise.

glencoe
01-02-2005, 08:12 PM
I am at the same crossroad. I just booked the Poly lagoon view, in hopes of a view of the MK castle and fireworks and or the electric water parade on the lagoon. I am still ready to call and drop to garden view and save myself 100 per night. 15 yrs ago for our honeymoon we paid extra at the GF and got a great room w/ a view of the lagoon, and MK and all hotels. On July 4th, 1990 we had the most amazing fireworks show on the lagoon I will never forget along w/ a beautiful view every morning and afternoon. Then it was an obvious choice, we had the available $, now w/ 3 kids I am not sure if the $ is worth it. Let me know if you find the answer! :wizard:

MrsJ Henry
01-02-2005, 08:19 PM
It is just my husband and myself so we like to spend the money on the deluxe but we would not spend even more on the view etc..... Being in the delux is enough. (also we have been upgraded for free)

georgina
01-02-2005, 09:46 PM
We don't do a suite or concierge, but did pay extra for savannah view at AKL. I would REALLY like to stay at the Beach Club Villas sometime, but haven't been able to talk myself into spending the extra money! (With 5 people, we'd need a 2-bedroom villa - ouch)

mom2rb
01-03-2005, 08:41 AM
We will pay extra for a view. Now one person put in that it was $100 a night more for a view. I wouldn't pay that. $10-$30 I would pay to not look at a parking lot. My boys are young so we spend a lot of time on the balcony while they are napping.

luvmarypoppins
01-03-2005, 09:34 AM
I voted for definetely not worth the money. As a family of 5 we only stay in the deluxes, but at the Poly I only ask for a garden view room, at the akl once we had the deluxe view. We wont go back there due to a bad experience and at the beach club we always get the standard view, once at the yacht club we had the waterview. We didnt like spending the extra bucks, but it was the only room available for our stay . Yes, the view was nice, but we really dont spend that much time in our room. If you are only doing the resort and not a park, them maybe the extra costs would be justified, otherwise use the money you save for souveniers or food etc.

robinb
01-03-2005, 09:43 AM
I picked "the view is most worth it". I just returned from 6 nights at AKL (Savanah View) and 6 at BWV (Boardwalk View) and I thought paying extra in cash and DVC points for each view was worth it. However, I don't think I would pay extra for a better view at other resorts, especially the value and moderate resorts.

I have been considering splurging for a few days on my next trip. A lagoon view at the Polynesian, or a Tower room at the Contemporary or maybe even concierge at AKL (pick yourself off the floor, lounge lizards ;)) so I can do one of the special evening safari with dinner.

4greatboys
01-03-2005, 09:45 AM
We like staying concierge but no way am I paying rack rate to do so. So when a good AP rate comes along we occasionally do snag an AP room. However pretty soon that might come to an end as we are approaching 2 room needs. This will be our last year with a kiddo under 3 and another under 18. Ouch then we will have 3 adults,1 jr and 2 kiddo's!

zurgswife
01-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Suites, views and Conceriege don't really seem a necessity at all for me...havne't ever paid extra to have any of the above...Maybe if I won the lottery I might splerge but other then that never extra money here...

Laugh O. Grams
01-03-2005, 09:49 AM
It is just my husband and myself so we like to spend the money on the deluxe but we would not spend even more on the view etc..... Being in the delux is enough. (also we have been upgraded for free)

I agree totally! We are also typically upgraded for free. I'm sure most people know this but when you use you American Express card to reserve a room, Disney resorts automatically upgrade you for free. In my experience, regular view AKL always upgrades to Savannah view.