PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Questions - requests, fridge, refillable mugs?

marciemi
01-02-2005, 05:33 PM
We're going with DH on a business trip to Coronado Springs booked through his company so we don't have an actual booking number. Questions:

1. How do I request things like 2 double beds (since the kids are coming), no smoking (since one has asthma), top floor (since I don't like elephants stampeding above me), etc? I know last time at Dixie Landings 4+ years ago we faxed, but thought I read they don't do that anymore. No one at DH's company booking this seems to know. When will the hotel have the actual room with our name on it, if ever? Should I call now or a day or two out?

2. Do CS rooms all have refrigerators in them or should I request this then too? Is there a charge for them? I don't NEED one (ie for medical reasons), but was planning on putting milk, yogurt, etc. in one.

3. How do the refillable mugs work at this resort? I read this food court operates differently than other resorts. Is it hard to run in and just fill it on your way in and out? We really don't plan on spending nearly any time at the resort since it's only a 3 day trip - really leaving for the parks by 7am and returning at 10pm, but thought we could use it then. I was just going to get one, really more as a souvenir, and let the kids share, but am now wondering if we should just buy some soda cans at the supermarket when we buy our milk, etc. and skip the food court if it's a hassle and we could carry cans with us too.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, etc!

Buzz2001
01-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Can you request the perferences you want through your DH's company?

Fridges are free but I am not sure if they have been installed in all the rooms as of yet. But if you request one, there will not be a charge.

The refillable mugs work the same as other resorts. You can fill them at the Pepper Market, La Tienda (small store at the main building), Francisco's (bar at the main building) or at Siestas (the bar/food stand at the Dig Site).

Yacht Club Guy
01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I'll go by the question:

1) Yes, You CAN request those things, request them when you book, phone about 4 days before you go to make sure they have that in your booking, and I suggest you phone again right before you go. Requests for moderates include: view, beds, floor, and location+special requests...

2) The fridges are in all Moderate resort rooms, free of charge. If you do not have one, ask them to deliver one.

3) I do not know much about the mugs, so I can not help much on that!

As for suggestions, I can only suggest two things-
That you give us all a report review when you get back :earboy2: ,and
That you have a magical experiance!
Hope this helped,
Kyle.

sunking
01-02-2005, 06:14 PM
The problem that I see that you have is that you don't have the actual "Disney CRO" reservation number for the room. Without that, you will not be able to do much but it shouldn't be too hard to get.

After you have this you can contact CRO with the reservation number and make the requests that you have.

We stayed at CSR last June and had a blast. I faxed over a room request to the room controller with my reservations about 6 days out and when we arrived we receive exactly the room that I wanted in the building that I requested. Now, some may tell you that they ignore the faxed room requests but in my request I mentioned that my daughter would be celebrating her 13th birthday during the trip and they asked my daughter during check in who her favorite Disney character is. When arrived to the room the night of her birthday to balloons and autographed pictures of her favorite Disney characters.

Regarding the refillable mugs at CSR. Yes, you can just enter the Pepper Market and refill you mug but it can be quite a hike from some of the remote rooms to the Pepper Market. If I'm not mistaken, you can also refill at the Dig Site (Pool) snack bar area.

Have fun. CSR is my favorite non DVC resort after that stay. You will have a blast.

Sunking

marciemi
01-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the help so far everyone! I asked DH to call his company HQ (again) and ask them either to give him a reservation number (my preference) or at least write down our requests. It seems like when he calls, he gets the response "yeah, fine, don't worry about it". Similar to the convention tickets - they told us we had plenty of time, don't worry, we'll send you the info - well, they finally did Friday and it said on them the deadline was December 19th! I was able to order them, paying for Fed-Ex, after waiting a LONG time on the phone since most ticketing (& all online) was down because of the switch to MYW tickets. This is the same company who when my husband boss was told they were going in January to WDW said "Really? Is it open then?"

Good to know about the fridges - I'll include in it my request just to be sure whenever I figure out how I'm doing the request!

As far as the mugs, I think I'll see where our room ends up and how far it is to the market and how much we're actually at the hotel. I'm betting we'll never actually have the time to find/purchase them, but we'll see!

Kyle - my son (11) is a flutist too, but calls himself a Flutie!

Thanks again!

Yacht Club Guy
01-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Good to hear of another flutist :cool: - he must enjoy the flute very much! :wizard: Anyways, Have fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy CSR!(Afterall, it's Disney!)