PDA

View Full Version : WL Refrigerators?

Spencer'sMom
01-02-2005, 05:20 PM
:rolleyes: Do any of the rooms at WL have refrigerators? We usually drive to WDW and bring an ice chest but we'll be flying this time...yeah! Is there a charge? Thanks for your help! :teacher:

musicmom3
01-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Going in April, so am curious about this. Anybody know?

wirki
01-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Just there in Dec. The room did not have a fridge in it, yet one was brought up by housekeeping. There was no charge.
Have fun

Gary M
01-02-2005, 06:56 PM
:cool1:

We were at the WL Dec.12-19 and we didn't have a refrigerator in our room either. We did have a coffee maker left in our room after a couple of days during our stay and didn't ask for it.

EagleHasLanded
01-02-2005, 11:21 PM
When we asked about a refrigerator during our last WL reservation-in-the-making, we were told "sure, if one is available for you". Well, you guessed it: none available. We ended up renting one from <b>A Baby's Best Friend (www.abbf.com) </b>for a (I think) reasonable price of $45 for the week. We have used them in the past for cribs and strollers, but htey also rent fridges and microwaves now. It was so nice not having to mess with a cooler/ice and all that.

Dchef
01-03-2005, 02:11 AM
That is really good to know and 45 is cheaper than $10 a day is what I had read somewhere--I will call this week! Do they drop off and pick up?

D

rcraw45425
01-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Remember that if they DO have them there is no charge now. We were there in October and they brought mine up when we arrived and there was no charge on our statement.

j's m
01-03-2005, 08:41 AM
We didn't request one on our reservation, but when we got to the room, we asked that one be sent up. There was no charge for it. This was in November.

4theloveofdisney
01-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Disney started to outfit all of the moderate and deluxe hotels with refridgerators late last year. If your room still doesn't have one when you check in, just call and request one. They will bring it at no charge.

LeslieL
01-03-2005, 11:14 AM
I think you would be better off bringing a small refrigerator with you. You can check it at the baggage check area and then it will be ready to pick up when you land. A small microwave would also be nice to have!

Dchef
01-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I think you would be better off bringing a small refrigerator with you. You can check it at the baggage check area and then it will be ready to pick up when you land. A small microwave would also be nice to have!

Well since I don't have any babies and Meds I'm thinking that might be extreme! But, I will definitely look into getting one for personal use if it is available. I am pretty sure my baggage allotment will be used up!

3Mousketeers
01-03-2005, 02:54 PM
We booked our 2/05 trip to WL through Dreams Unlimited. Sue Ellen just had them note on our reservation that we are requesting a refridgerator. I'm guessing but maybe you have better luck that way than just showing up and asking for a fridge. We really need a fridge (have a baby) so I'm hoping we have no problems with this.

EagleHasLanded
01-07-2005, 10:53 PM
That is really good to know and 45 is cheaper than $10 a day is what I had read somewhere--I will call this week! Do they drop off and pick up?

Yes, ABBF delivers to the luggage room before you arrive and then picks it up from the luggage room after you leave.

Pig Pen
01-08-2005, 05:11 AM
I requested a fridge and the CM noted it on our ressie. She said the computer was telling her there is a $10 per day charge, but she thought it would not be on my bill.

We will see!

airjoe
01-08-2005, 07:32 AM
All Deluxe and Moderate resorts now have a no charge refrigerator.

wilderness01
01-08-2005, 08:11 AM
All Deluxe and Moderate resorts now have a no charge refrigerator.

This is not exactly true. I made a ressie for my mom and noted at the time of booking that a refrigerator was needed. When we got there you guessed it, no refrigerator. I inquired up at the front desk and they said there was one available and would be brought up. Note: this is a very, very small refrigerator with a tiny freezer. It was brought up immediately though. I questioned why this wasn't already in the room and he stated that actually these were not supposed to be in the rooms until Fall, 2005. He said that it was published too early and because of that they were honoring the refrigerators at no charge upon request but they would not be in ALL the rooms until the fall, 2005. The rest of my family checked into CBR and they had to request a refrigerator as well. Just thought I would share would happened to us last month.

P.S. My mom stayed at the WL.

MistyD
01-09-2005, 09:37 PM
We were there 12/4-12-10 and there was not a fridge in our WL room. We didn't need one so didn't request one.