PDA

View Full Version : Budget has gone "out the window" - which to choose?

jcemom
01-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Well, it seems my plans for a "budget" trip have gone out the window. My thoughts were either two Value rooms, or one room at POR. Both have been vetoed by the rest of the family. The boys want a "better pool" than the Values offer, DH says one POR room will be too crowded.

There will be 5 of us...me, DH, DS 12, DS 11, and DD 3. We are doing a four night cruise in January '06, with three WDW nights on each end.

I've narrowed it down to 2 rooms at POR, or one room at YC/BC or Poly. We will be visiting all four parks and DTD/DQ. We'll have a car, but prefer not to use it. We do take afternoon breaks, so I'm guessing we'll make 1 trip each to AK and DTD/DQ, two trips to MGM, and two or three trips each to MK and Epcot. At the top of our "want list" is a good pool (then we just need to hope for good weather), and good dining options. Recreation options are also a consideration: sea raycers and/or surrey bikes. Room view is completely unimportant.

Prices are comparable between the three choices, with the two rooms at POR being the least expensive, and the Poly being the most expensive, but not by a lot.

So, which would you choose? If you don't mind, please let me know WHY also. Anything I've failed to consider? TIA

armomof3lvsdisney
01-02-2005, 02:20 PM
It might be crowded in your room at POR, but are you going to be in your room enough for it to matter? We love POR, and there are 5 of us. If it's an issue go for two rooms. But for us I can't see spending the extra, when we don't spend that much time in the room.

:flower1: Have a Disney Day :flower1:

johnsonet
01-02-2005, 02:23 PM
I just don't think you can beat having the monorail when you have 2 boys that age and a little one :) If you allow them, the boys will LOVE riding the monorail and exploring on their own (My brothers did this back in the early 80s and still talk about how cool it was!)
The Poly is beautiful and has great dining options and probably the best overall transportation on property b/c you can walk to the TTC and connect elsewhere...
With a little Princess, having the monorail to reach the MK will be "priceless".
Your boys will have the Marina right there, too, for Sea Raycers!
You can't go wrong with any of the Deluxes you mention but my vote is for the Poly. (I've never stayed there but at GF many times so I KNOW how convenient the mono is)

Teris
01-02-2005, 03:17 PM
I would definately think about doing the 2 rooms at the POFQ, mainly because of the extra room. Having stayed on a monorail resort before, it was fun, but I would have enjoyed having a room away from the kids instead,,lol. I love the sea serpent pool at POFQ and have very fond memories of riding the boat to DTD and to the 'Dixie Landings' where my girls did get to do fishing at the fishing pond. I think even at one of the deluxes, you will feel a bit cramped with 5 of you in a room at night, not to mention the problem of having only one bathroom. (I have two girls,, these things are important to us,,LOL)

Whatever you do, you will have a great time :)

rob'n
01-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Budget? I don't use that word when it comes to our Disney trips...I budget everything else in our lives so I don't have to be careful when we visit Mickey!!

We voted for the BC because this is what we are doing for the first time this Fall. We, too, are a family of five...DD 11, DS 8, DS 3. Last Fall we stayed at WL and absolutely loved it!!! We got away with a reg. room cause the little guy was 2. Have considered a Jr. Suite at WL because the kids adored the resort...you might want to check that out as well. It was great being a boat ride away from the MK.

We want to check out the great pool at BC for this year's trip and will love being within walking distance to Epcot and MGM. The pool and B&C have been the big draw to this resort.

Good luck with your choice...if only they were all so difficult!
Sending you lots of pixie dust for a magical, memorable family vacation!

jcemom
01-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks to everyone for your posts so far! It sounds as if I can't really go wrong no matter which I choose, and that does make me feel better. Each choice seems to have its fans, and there hasn't been really anything negative said here. That's terrific.

We stayed at AKL last year, when DD was almost 1 1/2 and didn't mind all being in one room. That's why I figured we could do one room at POR this time, but then the kids are growing I guess. Not that they take up THAT much more space, but at AKL we had bunk beds for the boys.

I'm staying at WL this trip coming, with my mom, sister, and DD, and so I wanted to try a new resort next time. Plus, the WL deluxe room is about $100/night more than the other choices.

Bella2000
01-02-2005, 04:04 PM
BC is one of our favorite resorts and it's a great location however I went with the bigger room size and great location in the Polynesian. You ar eon the monorail with easy access to Epcot and MK of course but more important the room is bigger. then you'd have your car for DTD or AK if needed.

caribbeanme
01-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I would go with the BC or the YC. Both resorts are beautiful, but the real killer is the pool, which is fabulous and a great treat for some afternoon breaks. :D

sharonk
01-02-2005, 04:36 PM
I would vote for the Poly for the same reasons some of the other posters mentioned...the monorail and proximity to the MK. Plus, the Poly has an awesome pool!

We stayed at the GF in June with DS 8, DS 6 and DD almost 3, and I under-estimated how impressed DD was with being able to see the castle from the hotel. (We didn't have a castle view room, but we could see the castle during our comings and goings and meals around the GF.) In November, we joined my DH for a few days at a conference at the Swan/Dolphin and my DD kept asking where the castle was! : )

Sharon

Minnie&Nana
01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Hi!
Yrs aoo I stayed at Poly with kids about the same age and did it three more time because it worked out so well!

So, my vote is for Poly because of the monorial and walk to TTC for EPCOT - both are so easy and the room in Tokelau, Tahiti and the one opposite Tahiti (how could I forget?) are larger than any other deluxe on property so you will not feel cramoed at all.

If you go with Poly my suggestion would be to request Tokelau, pool view,(all rooms have a balcony or patio in this Longhouse) because it is centrally located. I know the Pool at YC can be a huge draw, esp with kids that age and you can walk to EPCOT and have the boat or walk to MGM, so you could not go wrong there either. But when we stayed at BC in '98 with 2 adults an 18 yr and 5 & 7 yr old it was a little tight - probably because we were used to the large rooms at Poly.

If budget is not a consideration then it's a bit easier to go with what's easy to get around - monorail at Poly or walking to EPCOT :) Although the bus service at YC/BC is sooo slow when it stops at the other resorts - that was a huge drawback for us. So much so that I would be very hesitant to return.

No notice of mention if CR - sometimes the rates are lower there for a parking lot view (and what's great about this is the monorial silently glides by your window which is a thrill for the kinds & even adults!). Those rooms are quite large, great transporation.

Good luck in your decision - you can't go wrong no matter which resort you choose!!
Have a great trip!

jcemom
01-02-2005, 05:01 PM
I would like to stay at the CR sometime, just to try it out, but it totally does not appeal to DH and the boys. Too much concrete around the pool, I think, and just not enough theming. It seems to have a bit of a "big city" feel, and isn't "us" I guess. I think we prefer something more laid back. We all absolutely loved the AKL. I'm not sure if we would love it as much in the summer as the savannahs have a "hot look" to them. The pool area was very lush and tropical feeling, though. The lobby was just incredible, and my DH loved the smell of the lobby. We also liked that everything was in one building.

If I add the YC and BC votes together (since they are almost the same resort) then the vote is very close between them and the Poly. I think I am still very much undecided. The Stormalong Bay pool is definitely a big draw. It looks SO great. However, the monorail access to Magic Kingdom and Epcot would be great too. No jacuzzi at the Poly is a minus, though, I think. That's something we enjoy. Having four beds at POR would be nice too, LOL.

I appreciate everyone's opinions! If this is the toughest decision I ever have to make then life will be all good, huh? :rolleyes:

F1Julie
01-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I'd go for 2 rooms at POR. 2 bathrooms, 2 TV's, more space, and privacy for mom and dad if you want it.

Minnie&Nana
01-02-2005, 05:36 PM
I sure understand the lack of appeal and the feeling of "city" - the Poly is my fav deluxe when it comes to feeling away from it all (and far away)!! CBR is my fav moderate that takes me away from it all!

Anyway, it's a great decision to have to make and doing so is part of the fun!!

Enjoy!!

Tinker Belle
01-02-2005, 06:51 PM
If this is your first trip, I suggest two rooms. You won't spend that much time in the room, but one room with 5 people for any length of time could lose its "fun" quickly.

Since budget is a concern, two value rooms should be a good deal for 5 people.

Enjoy your stay!

:mickeybar

Sammie
01-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Polynesian, bigger rooms, great pool and playground, monorail and a great snack food area.

SAB at the YC/BC is great but it is very hard on parents with children at different ages to be able to keep up with them. Your kids will love the valcano pool and you can watch the boys and have fun with your toddler at the same time. You can not do that at SAB.

My second choice would be 2 rooms, so you have 2 bath rooms and a room to put the kids to bed in and be able to have a room for you. The only problem with 2 adults going, Disney will not guarantee connecting rooms. They will try but not a guarantee.

shirleyb
01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I guess I have to agree with ARMOM. I can't imagine you're going to notice that a room at one of the deluxes is that much larger that it would be worth the cost, if you're otherwise satisfied with POR.

My family is thrilled to go to Disney, and if they complained the pools weren't cool enough, or the room big enough, they could just stay home!

Sorry, just finished fighting with DH and this probably sounds very snippy!

ErinInCT
01-02-2005, 07:02 PM
You did not mention the days of the week your WDW nights are but I would check in to renting points from a DVC'er. The month of Jan has the "cheapest" rates (lowest number of points - usually rent for $10/point). We stayed in a 2 bed/2 bath villa at WL in Sept Sun - Thurs for $1500. Not a lot for a 2 bed. Plus they have kitchens & w/d so we saved money eating their for breakfast daily & a lot of lunches too, plus we bought our own drinks & snacks which saved money. And the w/d is great so you can pack less, eash b4 & after your cruise!! Check on the DVC board to see what the points are. 2006 is not out yet but you'll get an idea. There are studios, 1 bedrooms & 2 bedrooms! OKW has the lowest number of points. BWV, BCV & WLV and now SSR are the other DVC choices. Remember, you don't have to add tax or those other hotel fees on the price so it really seems more affordable!!

jcemom
01-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Erin, sorry I left that out! It will be basically all weekends! Thursday-Sunday times two, making the points required much higher. A 2 bedroom at OKW would cost us 130 points for the first stay, and 155 for the second, based on this year. That's an average of $475/night. Too much! (I don't need a kitchen, won't cook on vacation, LOL. The fridge is all we require, and I think I read that the mods and deluxes have them now, or will soon.) Good suggestion though!

dopeyfanatic
01-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Well, I haven't stayed at thoae hotels so I can't vote, but this is what I think... the Deluxe rooms are not THAT much larger, but the beds are... That might be important to you if you have to share the bed with your youngest, or the three kids have to try and fit on one bed. However, if that's not a problem, I don't think it's worth going to a Deluxe. Figure out how much more money it would cost and explain to them what you could do with that money. More shopping, new clothes for the trip... Maybe then they'll not disagree so much. Let them stay in a different hotel each time, that would be fun too. Although, if your youngest is going to be 3 POR is your only moderate choice, and the deluxes won't fit you either (we're having the same problem so we're rushing a trip next Dec). Good luck whatever you decide!

jcemom
01-02-2005, 07:22 PM
I guess I have to agree with ARMOM. I can't imagine you're going to notice that a room at one of the deluxes is that much larger that it would be worth the cost, if you're otherwise satisfied with POR.

My family is thrilled to go to Disney, and if they complained the pools weren't cool enough, or the room big enough, they could just stay home!

Sorry, just finished fighting with DH and this probably sounds very snippy!LOL, didn't sound snippy to me at all! I AM leaving them home on my next trip, LOL. It will be me, my DD (who never complains ;) ), my mom, and my sister. We're staying at WL. I had planned on just DD and I staying at Pop. Then my mom jumped in and she needed a jacuzzi, and so I "decided" on POFQ. Then my sister invited herself along and didn't want to stay anywhere with anything bearing a slight resemblance to clowns (there went POFQ with it's jesters). I didn't want anything too large, which ruled out the other mods. So we "settled" on WL, which I'm sure I'll absolutely love!

The only reason I don't protest too much is because I'm not complaining about a mod or a deluxe, LOL. I don't mind certainly. I won't have to live on ramen noodles to pay for it or anything. I just thought we spent a silly amount of money at AKL last year, not just on the resort, but on everything in general. I thought I would do it "smarter" this year, and "save" some money. Does that make any sense? So, it's not a problem to do one of these other resorts, but I don't know which. I cannot afford to go GF concierge or anything, so money isn't unlimited, but we won't do without anything to stay at one of my "narrowed down" choices. I'm very good at budgeting in my normal, every day, life. Vacations always seem to throw me for a loop though. I try to budget, but it seems to grow and grow as I go along. (with help from the rest of the family, of course)

sunking
01-02-2005, 07:25 PM
I would go with the Beach Club. You can't beat the pool and there are some good dining options onsite (Beaches and Cream) and a short walk to the Boardwalk and all of the options for dining there. Also plenty of recreation options with the boat rental at Yacht and Beach and the bike rentals at the Boardwalk.

And if the budget is truly out the window, consider going concierge and you will have access to the lounge and it's "dining" options. When we stayed concierge at Beach Club we were able to avoid having breakfast in the park and was able to have a easy late night snack.

You also have very convenient transportation to both MGM and Epcot. Beach Club is one of my all time favorites.

I have also stayed and the Poly and it was very nice as well so I don't think you can go wrong with the Poly either.

Have fun!!!!
Sunking

JerJan
01-02-2005, 07:27 PM
JCEMOM have you considered renting points from a DVC owner and staying at a home away from home resort in either a one or two bedroom? You can normally rent points for as little as 10.00 per point and January is the value season so the points required for each night are minimal at that time of year. If you got a one bedroom you could always bring an air mattress and the pull-out sofas are perfect for two of the kids. You would also have a full-size kitchen and a washer and dryer so you wouldn't have to bring as many clothes and if you stay if the same resort both before and after your cruise whatever food you may have could probably kept at the front desk for you while your on your cruise. Have a nice time regardless of what you decide to do. :flower1: :D

Minnie&Nana
01-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Well, I haven't stayed at thoae hotels so I can't vote, but this is what I think... the Deluxe rooms are not THAT much larger, but the beds are...

Well, not quite accurate! Depends on which deluxe you stay :) Some of the Poly rooms are huge and CR & GF have some very large rooms as well.

BC/YC/AKL/WL rooms are not all that large, but bigger than a moderate. Although CBR has larger rooms than the other moderates :)

www.allearsnet.com :
Moderate Resorts:
Caribbean Beach - 340
Coronado Springs - 314
Port Orleans French Quarter - 314
Port Orleans Riverside - 314
Deluxe Resorts:
Wilderness Lodge - 340
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 344
Beach Club - 380
Yacht Club - 380
BoardWalk Inn - 380
Grand Floridian - 400
Polynesian - 409 (new longhouses are 452 - info from Tikiman site)
Contemporary - 422

Hope this helps! Forget to mention before that the rooms at CBR are larger - it's also a great resort, handy to EPCOT & MGM. :)

Have you seen this site for the Poly?
http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/index.html

jcemom
01-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the info...BIG help! :flower1: I'm going to check out tikiman's site now!

Minnie&Nana
01-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Just a hint to help - Tokelau,Tahiti & Rapa Nui are the longhouses with the largest rooms. My personal fav is Tokelau :) It is centrally located, at quiet pool, short walk to TTC as well as Volcano Pool and GCH.

Enjoy the planning wherever you stay! This is even fun for me!!! :flower1:

jcemom
01-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Thank you! I'm still on tikiman's site and was just thinking that Tokelau might be the one I requested, LOL. I'm learning some things about the Poly I didn't know. His site is terrific, lots of info there. I didn't realize how beautiful the Poly really was. I've only seen it from the monorail and kind of thought it looked a bit 70's with the oranges and browns, lol. I guess I need to look at more pics!

I've got more "work" to do I think. Too bad "real work" isn't this much fun! :flower1:

Boardwalk Tigger
01-03-2005, 08:52 AM
I love the Yacht and Beach Club. IMO you can't go wrong there! Your boys will especially love it. I also think it is wonderful to be able to get out and walk into Epcot or walk around the Boardwalk. There are so many restaurants and things to do there. I have become an Epcot Resort addict. Second choice would be the Poly on the monorail. I would skip Port Orleans. Personally I don't like the pool there( although two bathrooms anywhere would be nice:) Stormalong Bay is just so much better. You will also spend too much time getting on and off of buses. There is more to do in the Epcot Resort area. Your boys including the oldest (DH) might enjoy a lunch or dinner at ESPN Sports on the Boardwalk.

Another idea that would be a lot of fun is to stay at the Yacht or Beach Club for the beginning of your trip and then go to the Poly after your cruise for the last leg of your trip. Both are great hotels. Let us know what you decide. :earboy2: :earboy2: :earboy2:

Minnie&Nana
01-03-2005, 09:38 AM
I've got more "work" to do I think. Too bad "real work" isn't this much fun! :flower1:

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: :flower1:

Keep us posted on how it goes and what you eventually choose! I'm excited for and with you!!

4theloveofdisney
01-03-2005, 09:42 AM
I would do POR since you are on a budget. Why waste the extra money?? Staying at POR also gives you access to POFQ's pools and ammenities as well so it's kind of like getting two resorts for one.

cavecricket
01-03-2005, 01:27 PM
my vote goes to AKL !!!

jcemom
01-03-2005, 01:53 PM
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: :flower1:

Keep us posted on how it goes and what you eventually choose! I'm excited for and with you!!Yes, I will, thank you. Everyone has been SO helpful! I really appreciate all the advice!

Boardwalk Tigger, I thought of splitting it up, since we have to check in twice anyway. Then I thought that spending all the time at one resort would really give us more time to enjoy what they have to offer, instead of trying to squeeze everything into a couple of days in each place. I'm also a bit worried that everyone would like the "first" resort better than the "second" one, LOL. :rolleyes:

cavecricket, we absolutely loved AKL, but want to try somewhere new this time!

Here are my thoughts so far:

Poly:
+ great location, easy access to great restaurants, monorail, seeing MK/Wishes from the beach, looks nice and tropical
- no jacuzzi, most expensive of the four choices

POR:
+ least expensive of the four choices, two bathrooms and tvs, four beds vs three, boat to Downtown Disney
- buses to everwhere else, pool has the least "wow factor," double beds instead of queen

YC/BC:
+ great location, great restaurants, seeing the Epcot "ball" from the resort...SAB of course (that's a tough one to beat, lol)
- long boat ride to MGM, bus to MK, least amount of room space of all the choices, SAB (kids might not want to go to the parks at all, ruining my "plans" LOL)

*Though BC has more votes than YC, I think the looks of YC appeal more to me. I'm wondering why so many more people chose BC...anyone know?*

tar heel
01-03-2005, 02:23 PM
My family prefers YC/BC over poly, but I don't have a little one and Stormalong Bay is BIG. We also enjoy the many hot tubs there -- remember Poly doesn't have one.

We also like the deluxe amenities (mainly pool and park proximity) even better than having two bathrooms and lots of beds. If a good pool is a priority, don't forget that CS has a better pool than POR.

tar heel
01-03-2005, 02:27 PM
I must have been replying when you did!

I would not consider the boat ride to MGM from YC/BC to be long. It's easy transportation that's more comfortable than the bus. You also can walk in about 20 minutes, if you prefer.

We prefer YC over BC. I'm always amazed when people describe it as "dark." They have to be people who've never been in one of the rooms, which have WHITE furniture!

jcemom
01-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Looking at the pictures, that's what I liked...the white furniture and navy linens. It looks so crisp and clean to me, what I envision in a "proper" New England cottage (though I've never been there, so wouldn't really know). The Beach Club decor looks okay, but it's SO pastel, LOL. I'm not a big fan of pastels.

I didn't think of walking to MGM. Maybe we could walk in the morning when we're raring to go, and take the boat back after we've used up all our energy, LOL.

This is really a tough decision, unless I'm making it more difficult than it need be (I've been known to do that...analyze things to death). :rolleyes: It's certainly a fun decision that I'm happy to have the priviledge of making, but tough.

swilphil
01-03-2005, 03:01 PM
I would do the split--Beach Club before your cruise and the Poly after it. That way, you could concentrate on MGM/Epcot the first three days and MK the last 3. If you don't want to split, I'd probably pick Beach Club over the Poly. The Poly would be great for just a land trip, but since you're doing land/sea the Beach Club is more appealing. You'll have enough of the real tropics on your cruise.

Boardwalk Tigger
01-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I would still consider the split too since you have to check in twice anyway. It would be the best of both worlds. I also think it would give you all something to look forward too. I would go to the Yacht/ BC first and then do the Poly at the end. You will have alot more energy in the beginning and it is soooooooo nice there. If I had to chose then I would pick Yacht Club / BC. I love the Yacht Club by the way and have stayed at the BC many times too. The benefits of the Yacht Club is that you will almost definitely get a balcony( BC doesn't always give you a full balcony), The rooms seem to be bigger because at the BC you can get a dormer room( I had one at BC concierge and it was so much smaller than a regular room that DH agreed to buy into the BCV). There are more rooms with great views including the Epcot fireworks. The rooms themselves are NOT dark. People are referring to the Lobby. The Yacht Club lobby is darker with a nautical feel. There is leather furniture and wood floors and darker colors. The BC lobby is lighter with a seaside theme. You are going to have a great time :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Disney_Queen34
01-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I think it's pretty good decision to go with either the Beach Club (for the pool for the kids and convience to the resorts and Boardwalk) or the Poly (for the atmosphere and convenience to the parks).

Minnie&Nana
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
*Though BC has more votes than YC, I think the looks of YC appeal more to me. I'm wondering why so many more people chose BC...anyone know?*

I like YC over BC (although we stayed at BC), so I understand. If you go with either BC or YC be very careful about one type of room - they have some rooms (standard view) which overlook a rooftop that has white gravel. You cannot open the drapes because with or without sun it is blinding! Others have posted about this as well. These rooms have full balconies. It was so bad we asked to change rooms, even tho it was mid July they found us a room with a small balcony (room enough for just one chair), but a much better view and location.

I know the BC and YC are popular but I've always found them kind of stuffy (and yet GF was not stuffy at all!)...and the walk from one resort to the other is forever!! And you cannot walk inside you must go outside. Beaches and Cream is always so darn crowded too! The only positive for me is the pool area and the walk to EPCOT - which will not be more then 10+ mins from YC (BC is closer and depending on where could be as little as about 4-5 mins from International Gateway).

Remember, you can walk to MGM as well - it's a hike, but a nice one!

But I admit;) I am partial to the Poly - it's just so darn easy to get around from there and truly, there is something so magical about being on the monorial and so close to the MK. My kids always loved it there - and all their friends as well. Through the yrs we traveled with 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, & 17 yr olds and all of them raved about the resort. You feel you're a million miles away from real life there...and becasue you never need a car, it's a step back from day to day stress and reality. And the rooms are so large...sigh...;)

Gosh, think I need a few days at the Poly!!! LOL I absolutely would not want to influence you too much because you need to go with what feels right..and when you look at all the photos, which one continues to be the biggest draw? Go with that one!

Wherever you chose, it will be wonderful! I'm not a resort hopper because I like to settle in and relax for the long haul :)

:wave:

jcemom
01-04-2005, 08:23 PM
I think I might be leaning towards the Poly at this point. Though I've always thought I would prefer the YC, I'm thinking it may be better to "save it" for when we go during a warmer month. (I would like to make a May trip sometime within the next couple of years, for the Flower and Garden Festival, so that might be better for YC.) I would really hate to stay there and not be able to swim if it's too cold! :guilty:

I've decided to visit the Poly when I go next month, since I'll be at WL anyway. That should decide it for me, I think. I will either like it or I won't! I've been told I have to get some tropical concoction from the Lounge, so I will do that, stroll around, check out the beach, take a look at the pool, and just soak up the atmosphere. I'm hoping to take a quick peek around the YC too, since we'll be doing an Illuminations Cruise...though I can tell just from the pics that I will love it!

If I'm going to try out every resort I'm interested in, I'm going to need to plan plenty of trips, lol...then I'll need to revisit my favorites of course. :rolleyes:

DisneyJen0504
01-04-2005, 08:56 PM
No budget?????????????WONDERFUL! Stay at the Poly no doubt!!!

jcemom
01-04-2005, 09:28 PM
No budget?????????????WONDERFUL! Stay at the Poly no doubt!!!
Well...I didn't say NO budget, LOL! If I do the Poly, it will be Garden View, no concierge for me unfortunately! :charac2:

Tabetha
01-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Just a little Poly support - if you're staying there, you have access to use the GF Health Club which has... a Jacuzzi!

Minnie&Nana
01-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Tracey, I enjoy trying all the resorts too (alomost all!) and I've now stayed everywhere I really ever wanted to stay. Although, if I ever get to the Flower Show I'll probably try the YC, if I can manage a anything other than the dreaded standard view ;)

When I visit the Poly now, it does seems rather worn out, but if you are able to spend some time, it has such a relaxed spirit about it and because it was one of the original, I guess there is something special about the place.

Nevertheless, you are spending your vacation there - one thing that was hard for me after staying at CR & Poly so many times, were the smaller rooms at other deluxes. That's when I decided to try CBR and found with a little mind set adjustment, I could truly enjoy a moderate! Imagine! LOL

You sound like you really want to stay at YC - I think you're right about staying there in warmer weather - the kids could enjoy the pool area and being close to 2 parks.
:wave:

jstehman
01-05-2005, 09:18 AM
January can be very cold and not all the pools are heated! Also, since this is a slower time of year, some of the pools may be closed for rehab.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Boardwalk Tigger
01-05-2005, 07:07 PM
It's funny but I didn't want to stay at the Poly when we were there this past week because I think it is better to stay there when it is warm not cold. The Yacht and Beach club pools are also heated and there were quite a few people in the pools when we were there. I quess it depends on how you look at it. The $624 a night for a Lagoon view room( with tax) didn't help either:) We saw wishes from the Poly beach and it was nice BUT NO COMPARISON to the EPCOT fireworks. We will Poly but in nicer weather. Both places are great but much more to do at the Yacht and Beach Club.