PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about concierge @ AKL....

dennisnlisab96
12-28-2004, 05:03 PM
This is my daughters surprise 8th birthday trip...she has ALWAYS wanted to stay at AKL.

budwmn
12-28-2004, 05:27 PM
We love AKL Concierge! ! ! :love:

We've stayed there twice in Concierge and have had such wonderful times that we convinced our extended family to have a family reunion there over Spring Break. :cheer2:

The Concierge Lounge is on the 6th floor with private access. It's almost like a giant loft up at the top of the thatch roof that overlooks the lobby below. Absolutely breathtaking. There are several dining/card tables, sofas and and chairs. Food & drink (including wine/spirits) is available. They show movies on the TV for kids.

The staff is very helpful. They've been able to secure breakfast for us at Cinderella's Royal Table each stay. They've also been great about setting up all other reservations. We've never done the Sunrise/Sunset Safaris, but have heard great things.

Hope you have a great trip and that she enjoys her birthday! :wizard:

(You might want to check out the photos in the accomodations section of allearsnet.com)

golfgal
12-28-2004, 07:40 PM
We are staying at AKL and are thinking about upgrading to concierge. It is about $100/night more, but for the 5 of us, we can eat breakfast there and with a late lunch in the park, the snacks set out in the evening will fill us up-not huge eaters. We figured in the long run it would actully save us some money. Also, the kids would probably love to do the Safari and you have to stay at the concierge to do that. We are waiting for discounts and more information about the MYW packages (our kids are all considered "adults" for the food plans so it will run and extra $175/day for us to add the meals) to come out before we make that final decision. We will have a rental car, so our other food option is to grocery shop.

ahutton
12-28-2004, 07:40 PM
I would do it just for the sunrise and sunset safari options!

dreamflight99
12-28-2004, 07:43 PM
I have not stayed here yet!! But I know #1Hockeymom has...and she can give you all the inside scoop on the BIRTHDAY fun too! I believe the photo of her daughter *(on her posts), was taken during her time at the AKL Concierge (Cake is beautiful!). We are planning to stay on Concierge this summer, as I am in the midst of making plans right now. This is the only resort we have yet to try at WDW (other than the values...which we have never visited). I have heard/read nothing but GREAT things about this resort. You will have a great time, especially on CONCIERGE level! :D Get ahold of #1hockeymom (Debbie) and she will give you ALL the info you need!!

TTFN...DF99 :wave:

#1hockeymom
12-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Thank you, Lisa (dreamflight), for that outstanding recognition and vote of confidence!

I have stayed at AKL four times, three of those at the concierge level. If I had the money, I would only stay there! From the staff, to the lounge, to the savannah view rooms it is just a not to be beat resort! From the moment you walk in, to the few steps up to the lounge, you feel like you're in total relaxation mode. AKL,and especially their concierge, is truly an oasis of calmness from the fun chaos of the parks!

The CMs really seem to go out of their way to make your visit a pleasant one. If you want to be left alone, they can do that, if you want to chat the morning away, they're more than willing to do that, too! They have procured Cindy's table reservations for me Easter week. They have also ordered and delivered two cakes for me, one a birthday cake for my son, the other a graduation cake for my daughter. The cakes are lovely to look at, huge, and taste great too!

Not all visits are alike, but my last visit topped them all.... the mother of all upgrades.. the two bedroom suite! This was so thoughtful and timely it would have been the equiv. of three teenagers and myself in one deluxe/concierge room, and on my orders NO ONE was to be sleeping near each other. After doing our hellos to "old friends" in the lounge, we suddenly had no worries as the two bedroom suite was bestowed upon us! Oh what lovely accomodations and SPACE!

I have gone on the sunrise safari twice, and loved it both times. I have yet to go on the sunset safari but it is on the short list of activities I would love to do! I have heard only wonderful things about it, and totally trust the sources of much of my information.

All concierge rooms except some suites are on the fifth and sixth floors. If you would rather have a room in a non concierge area they can easily work their magic and have that happen, too! Not all deluxe rooms have the additional daybed, so if you need that option make sure to let IPO and CRO know. Please see the concierge threads or the lizard lounge threads for more information. Johnsonset has also been to akl/concierge many times, just recently this past Christmas.

Debbie