PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions- Anguilla Dolphin Excursion

Dreamer04
12-22-2004, 01:49 PM
If anyone has been on this excursion-how was it? Was the water clean?
Did you have a good amount of time with the dolphins? Would you do it again?
General opinion of the place?
TIA!!

Ursula

maminnie
12-22-2004, 02:13 PM
We did this excursion in April of '04; 2 adults and 2 children. The days flows as follows:

- Board a boat to Anquilla. About 45 minutes (I think that's what it was time wise).
- 10-15 minutes to Dolphin Fantaseas on board a crowded bus.
- Once at DF, half the group goes to the beach first and the other half does birds, hermit crabs, stingrays, and dolphins.
-Lunch in between.
-Bus and boat back to DCL.

All in all we had a great day. It was very expensive though, but we justified it as we had been to Anguilla on our honeymoon and wanted a glimpse of the past!!

The beach and water are beautiful. The surf was quite rough the day we were there. I think we had an hour and a half at the beach. This part goes way to fast.

I could have done without the birds and the crab races. The stingray part was ok. You are in a small separate tank. By the time we got there, they were full and would not take bait so we had to dive to the bottom to touch them.

The dolphin part was really great. I think we had about 30 minutes, maybe 45?? (check this out with DCL). My kids (6 and 10) loved the dolphins as did my husband and I. The tank was man-made and overlooked the Car. Sea. It was a very pretty view. The tank water appeared clean to me although someone recently said it wasn't during their excursion.

The facility was very island like. The bathrooms had little to be desired and should definitely be improved.

All in all we had a great day. It may have been better for us because we had been to Anguilla and it was neat being back even for just 5 hours.

You can do a search as there have been other posts written about this excursion. I reviewed them before my cruise.

Would I do it again when we go in '06, no as I want to see St. Maarten this time. I would consider a beach day to Anguilla though if it were offered. We personally love the beaches and the island.

Good luck.

Dreamer04
12-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Thank you, so much!

DOOGIERUNNER
12-23-2004, 07:17 AM
We didn't do the Dolphins, but did spend the day in Anguilla. It is wonderful. We booked our own excursion through www.offshoresunsations.com. Our kids loved it. Click on testimonials. We the folks from July 03.