View Full Version : Can I renew my vows?
07-27-2001, 04:57 PM
Our Cruise is still two years away but was wondering if I would be able to surprise my dh with renewing our wedding vows. Is it done on the Disney Cruises, do I have to pay extra and does the captain perforn the ceremony? Thanks in advance for all replies.
07-27-2001, 07:48 PM
We have a new Disney Weddings Board here on the DIS and I am directing your question to that Board. Good luck! :)
07-28-2001, 03:32 AM
WoW!! What a great idea! I was turning green looking at all that were getting married at WDW. We are on our 20th year of marrage!!
07-28-2001, 01:02 PM
I checked into this for our 10th anniversary this past January. At that time they did not renew vows on the ship. They directed me to the Disney Wedding planner that told me we would do something like that on Castaway Cay for quite a hefty price. We opted to not go that route but took the cruise anyway. While on Castaway we did see a couple getting married. Full gown and tux - both barefoot!! It was cute and I am sure the photos were great. Since you are wanting to do this two years away who knows what surprises disney will hold by then. Just keep checking and maybe by then they will offer something on the ship. I know several other lines do. Good luck and happy early 20th anniversary!
07-29-2001, 12:22 PM
Yes! Disney does offer Wedding and Vow Renewal Packages on the Disney Cruise line!
For the 7 Day Cruise, you can get information here:
Disney Cruise Line Caribbean 7-Night Cruise Intimate Wedding Package
Packages from $6,224* to $7,554* per couple
- 7-night Disney Cruise Line cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, including St. Maarten and St. Thomas (with excursions to St. John), plus a day at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay
- Limousine transportation to and from Port Canaveral
- Choice of fresh flower bouquet for bride and fresh flower boutonniere for groom
- On-site wedding coordinator to assist with ceremony and cake-cutting reception
- Officiant to perform wedding ceremony on Castaway Cay, Disney's private island
- Cake and champagne reception including an elegant two-tier cake with keepsake cake topper and one bottle of champagne for the toast, served by host/hostess
- Solo musician for your ceremony
- Wedding certificate
- Dinner for two at Palo on ceremony night
- One romance basket filled with special treats
- A special commemorative gift
Please contact a Disney Intimate Wedding consultant at (407) 828-3400 or your travel agent for details.
* Rates are per couple for Category 7 Deluxe Navigator's Stateroom with Verandah through 12/27/01. The number of packages available at the offered price is limited to certain times of the year; please consult your Intimate Wedding Coordinator for additional details. Other dates and Resorts are available at varying rates and times of the year. Applicable government taxes, fees, and excursions are not included. See Disney Cruise Line brochure for details and applicable terms and conditions. Prices and other terms subject to change without notice. Package components subject to availability. Other discounts do not apply.
There are also packages for 7 Day Land & Sea Weddings/Vow Renewals:
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.