PDA

View Full Version : Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Kteacher
12-08-2004, 04:56 AM
I think there might have been a thread like this, but we overheard something so funny last weekend I just had to share. While we were in MGM Studios we heard a teen telling anothere teen that they were going to see the " Ozzie Osborne Christmas lights" :rotfl: Now those would be some interesting lights!!!

goofy4tink
12-08-2004, 05:45 AM
I'm not sure it's funny but when we were waiting for a bus at AKL a woman came up to us and asked where the bus was to get to the other resorts. I told her there wasn't one. Oh no, she said. There is a bus that will get me to GF. I know there is. Nope, I told her. There are no resort to resort buses. She argued with us for about 5 minutes. I told her she should take the MK bus and grab the monorail to GF. She was traveling with about 7 others plus one person with an electric scooter. Off she went in a huff. Only to have 3 bus drivers tell her the same thing. So, on the bus with us she gets since we were going to MK to get a BWV bus. She is sitting in back of us and asks if she will get wet or if the walkway to the monorail was indeed a covered one. She was somewhat miffed about all our answers. Not funny but sad I guess. Why don't people buy a good guidebook before they spend all that money.

CamColt
12-08-2004, 06:13 AM
LOL!
Sunday while on the bus headed to the MK there was a family in the back. We were getting close and I hear the mother say "Didnt there used to be a little parking lot or something here?" I assume she was talking about TTC, so I did chuckle a bit at the "little" comment, but she may have been talking about something else.

arizonacolbys
12-08-2004, 07:08 AM
On our trip in September we were on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride on a half empty boat. Right in front of us was a young family - mom, dad & young girl. The mother was telling them all kinds of facts about the ride - then she proceeds to tell them how exciting it was to go on this brand new ride! It was just opened after the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie did so well in theaters! :earseek: We thought it was hysterical that she was convincing her family what a great "new" ride they were on! :D

Hippychickali
12-08-2004, 08:24 AM
I'm not sure it's funny but when we were waiting for a bus at AKL a woman came up to us and asked where the bus was to get to the other resorts. I told her there wasn't one. Oh no, she said. There is a bus that will get me to GF. I know there is. Nope, I told her. There are no resort to resort buses. She argued with us for about 5 minutes. I told her she should take the MK bus and grab the monorail to GF. She was traveling with about 7 others plus one person with an electric scooter. Off she went in a huff. Only to have 3 bus drivers tell her the same thing. So, on the bus with us she gets since we were going to MK to get a BWV bus. She is sitting in back of us and asks if she will get wet or if the walkway to the monorail was indeed a covered one. She was somewhat miffed about all our answers. Not funny but sad I guess. Why don't people buy a good guidebook before they spend all that money.

I know what you mean. Don't you hate it when people ask you questions but already know the answer. :D

You should add this one to the shocked thread.

Ali

Kevenswife2
12-08-2004, 09:34 AM
I think there might have been a thread like this, but we overheard something so funny last weekend I just had to share. While we were in MGM Studios we heard a teen telling anothere teen that they were going to see the " Ozzie Osborne Christmas lights" :rotfl: Now those would be some interesting lights!!!

When I told DH I wanted to see The Osborne Lights he asked me what Ozzie had to do with Christmas lights...and DH is 43. :rolleyes:

There was a family (mom, dad, 2 children) in front of us in World Showcase. The Genie from Aladdin came out and the mom kept saying, "There's Aladdin...let's go see Aladdin...let's get Aladdin's autograph" really loud. She finally had me calling Genie Aladdin...and feeling like a fool for doing it. I honestly don't think she or her husband knew the difference!

Misty89
12-08-2004, 10:00 AM
When I told DH I wanted to see The Osborne Lights he asked me what Ozzie had to do with Christmas lights...and DH is 43. :rolleyes:

There was a family (mom, dad, 2 children) in front of us in World Showcase. The Genie from Aladdin came out and the mom kept saying, "There's Aladdin...let's go see Aladdin...let's get Aladdin's autograph" really loud. She finally had me calling Genie Aladdin...and feeling like a fool for doing it. I honestly don't think she or her husband knew the difference!
LOL
what day was that??? it was probly us!
yes, i am disney movie dummy!

goofydad621
12-08-2004, 10:09 AM
or at least , stumbles and mumbles a little. :smooth:

WDWAurora
12-08-2004, 10:23 AM
My favorite, while waiting for the MK parade: "Sit down, shut up, and don't breathe." That became the family motto for years and we still say it now to get a laugh...The kids would NOT behave and the mother was frustrated and it just came out-wrong.

Another favorite-Walking out of MGM one night, it had rained and there were puddles everywhere. There were these two adorable little girls jumping in all the puzzles and singing that commercial jingle "I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight!" Hilarious.

davandflav
12-08-2004, 10:31 AM
One of the funniest comments I've overheard came from The Grouchiest Lady Ever. She was walking through Frontierland, looking confused and very angry. She then said, "I don't want to see this c**p, I just want to see the castle!" Needless to say, I don't think she appreciates the Disney experience like we all do! :rolleyes:

DisOrBust
12-08-2004, 12:31 PM
We were at Cape May for the character breakfast and this 7ish yo boy kept yyelling" hey squirrel you didn't sign my book" to Chip.

jpmom97
12-08-2004, 01:18 PM
When DH and I were at WDW on our honeymoon throughout the parks we would constantly hear "Don't waste Daddy's money!" We heard this everywhere!! It was sad that these kids were getting told not to waste money on food. If I had a nickel for everytime we heard this it could pay for our next trip!

reddixie
12-08-2004, 01:52 PM
The funniest thing I have heard came out of my mouth :blush: . My best friend, DD, and her DD, went to Disney with her sister. We are explaining at breakfast at POR that we have went to Disney together about 4 times. We have stayed in 4 hotels. My best friend says yeah and we got stuck sleeping together at all four. This is due to both DD's being best friends and wanting to sleep together. Well I pipe up and yell not meaning to. hey yeah you've slept with me at more places in Orlando than my hubbie. :earseek: Needless to say that came out wrong. I was so embrassed and they still pick on me. Less than 7 days and I will be staying in Orlando hubby, best friend, and children in tow. I will actually sleep with hubby. I can't wait. :earseek: :cool1: :Pinkbounc

Alaska Catdog
12-08-2004, 02:12 PM
This was an exchange I overheard in the bathroom at BOMA it made me laugh so hard I was glad I was in the bathroom. A mother was taking her young son to task for being whiney.

Mother: "You need to stop whining or daddy will get a baby sitter for you while we go to the parks tomorrow."

son: (whining) But mom, Daddy wouldn't do that. Would he?

Mother: He will if you don't stop whining

Son: "I'll stop whining, don't get a babysitter" he whines.

Mother: "Why are you still whining?"

Son: "I stopped" not whining at all "But what if the sun comes back out?"

Mother "Then it will be nice and hot, thank you for not whining"

Son: whining "No, I don't want the sun to come out. It makes me whine. It's too hot. The sun makes me whiney."

I felt for the kid. It had been hot.

jgmklmhem
12-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Not really funny and sad in many instances....but I have overheard some variation of: Shut up and have a good time!!!! too many times to count.

Fromeurope
12-08-2004, 02:37 PM
My DHB and I like to watch the "must see attractions-tvshow" when we are at WDW. Somewhere in this program the lady (Krissa is her name I think) visits AKL and goes on the Kilimanjaro Safari. And at one point she yells the word "vulture" in such a funny way, that we have to laugh every time we hear it :D Last visit we were staying at AKL and we were outside to watch the animals. My DHB just wanted to make me laugh and he yelled vulture,vulture. And suddenly a CM came over and said the most hilarious words: "Excuse me, but that's a zebra!"

MinnieM3
12-08-2004, 07:55 PM
During our Thanksgiving trip, DS, 16, and I were waiting in line at Haunted Mansion and a huge family group (like 15 or so) strolled on through the FP line and stopped near us. There was much excited conversation and I was enjoying watching all the family members, trying to figure out who was who, etc. One of the "leader moms" was deciding who was going to ride with whom, since only 3 are in a Doom buggy.....then the hubby says, "Oh, this is a RIDE?"

Oh My! We just looked at each other and cracked up!

Kevenswife2
12-08-2004, 08:01 PM
LOL
what day was that??? it was probly us!
yes, i am disney movie dummy!

That would have been December 3...was that you?

potterpixieprincess
12-09-2004, 12:50 AM
DH and I were on Pirates of the Caribbean last April. Behind us, a little boy was riding with his dad while his mom and little sister waited for them outside the exit. It was clear the little boy was becoming more and more agitated as the ride went on and finally started crying and asked, "Dad, are we ever going to see Mom again?"

iowadisneyguy
12-09-2004, 12:52 AM
Its not a comment, but there was an asian woman about 85 yrs old, and her shirt, in huge letters on the front said EAT S%$T!

Se did not speak a word of english, somebody must havetold her itsaid Mickey mouse or something.

phyllis1966
12-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Its not a comment, but there was an asian woman about 85 yrs old, and her shirt, in huge letters on the front said EAT S%$T!

Se did not speak a word of english, somebody must havetold her itsaid Mickey mouse or something.

That is hilarious!!! :rotfl:

LeftCoaster
12-09-2004, 01:36 AM
In Epcot, there's a british boy about 7 or 8 who's at a urinal with his father. The kid has that adorable children's british accent and says to his father. "Father, it won't come out. I'm too nervous." I'm still laughing about that one.

UKPhil
12-09-2004, 04:21 AM
Standing in line for Star Tours and a lady behind asks us "Does the monorail stop here ?".

powellrj
12-09-2004, 04:52 AM
the last time we were there we heard 2. the first one was a little girl walking with her mother and yells out "It's ok mommy, we don't need to find a bathroom anymore, I just went in my pants!" The 2nd one was when we were in line for space mountian. The little boy in front of us was unsure so his father said "It's ok, its just like the one you went on this morning, you know the one you threw up on" We still laugh at those!

philaround
12-09-2004, 05:10 AM
Boy this place would be so much better if it wasn't so hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I quess some people think Walt should have put the whole place under an air conditioned dome.

JESW
12-09-2004, 05:22 AM
During one trip we were in line to get into the Magic Kingdom and this woman asked - "Will there be lines inside, too?" Ah yeah..it was June! :)

Jill

shellybaxter
12-09-2004, 05:28 AM
I quess some people think Walt should have put the whole place under an air conditioned dome.

Is that possible? That would be awesome!! I'd pay extra for tickets then let me tell ya. :cool: :earboy2: :sunny: :wave2: :upsidedow

disnutt
12-09-2004, 06:15 AM
One night at the pool at the former Dixie Landings a little girl was telling me how excited she was about spending the next day at Apricot riding a big soccer ball.

10drum
12-09-2004, 08:38 AM
I may be weird but I enjoy watching families in the MK who are there because they feel like they "had to go to Disney". Parents saying something like "Shut up and have fun, or I'll ______ ya!"

Caldercup
12-09-2004, 09:56 AM
While riding the Haunted Mansion a few weeks ago, a man a couple of doombuggies ahead of us was trying to freak out his young daughter by letting out fakes screams and yells whenever something slightly creepy happened. After a few minutes of this annoying noise, I hear his daughter say, "Dad, be quiet. I'm riding here!"

I wanted to thank her, but I was laughing too hard.
Eileen

apulk
12-09-2004, 10:28 AM
And what about everyone's favorite....you are walking up Main Street starting a fun filled day at the MK and you overhear someone in the family next to you saying "we're going to be in Disney World today but we will do Epcot tomorrow." Even our 6 year old loves to hear that one. :rockband:

Misty89
12-09-2004, 10:33 AM
That would have been December 3...was that you?
Nope was not me :) thank goodness! I KNOW i called genie the wrong name and after about 5 times, my DD13 said " Mom, thats the genie"

we were at MGM friday, dec 3rd....with about 5 thousand other people :_ (
Tina

Darwineffect
12-09-2004, 10:45 AM
my favorite one happened when I was there with my wife. We were standing next to the fantasy land skyride enterance and a group of elderly guest were approaching from Liberty square. The Older gentleman in the lead of the group looks up at the IASW building and says "that must be the haunted castle, lets not go there" I about died, if he only knew.

All Aboard
12-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Two of my favorites:

- A woman approaching the Haunted Mansion with her family "Oh, let's go in the Wax Museum!"

- A woman on a cell phone by the pool at the Poly, in a very loud voice, "Just meet us in front of Pirates of Penzance"

AllyandJack
12-09-2004, 11:42 AM
At breakfast one morning at the Kona Cafe, a young girl wouldn't sit down and eat. She wanted to hurry up and get on the "train to Disney World." Her mother was so exasperated, she said, "Sit down, or I'll tie you to your chair!!!" The girl sat down, looked at her mother and said, "With what?" Even the mother had to laugh at that one. :D

Lyinize
12-09-2004, 11:42 AM
My favorite was actually said by my wife's 4 year old nephew. We were standing outside MGM waiting for the bus when her nephew starts yelling, " there's Rosanne Barr!!! There's Rosanne." I glance over and there was a bigger lady with a Rosanne resmblence sitting on the bench trying to turn away from us after she heard him. My wife, oblivious to the whole thing and actually thinking Rosanne was there, asked " Where?"
So her nephew Jake runs over to the poor lady and points right in her face and screamed "RIGHT THERE!!!"
We were pretty embarassed but I still harass my wife about asking him where Rosanne was.

Leota
12-09-2004, 01:33 PM
On the monorail, an irrate woman to her , I assume, DH or DBF:

"Am I gonna get my Bath tonight?"

NMAmy
12-09-2004, 01:43 PM
My favorite was said by my own dd when she was about 8 on our first trip to WDW. The child had lived in New Mexico, at 5,000 feet above sea level, her entire life. When we got off the plane at MCO, the humidity FREAKED her out. As we were walking through the airport, she turned to me and said, "Mom, WHY is there so much air here?"

kathleena
12-09-2004, 01:56 PM
We were looking at some macaws at the AKL on Saturday. They were preening each other, so moving a bit. Two ladies came up behind us. One said "Oh look at the birds - are they real?"

We laughed about it all day and kept asking each other the same thing.

Kerlynne
12-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Thank you for this thread, it's making me smile, and giggle, and think twice before I say anything stupid! :blush:

sbelyo
12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Two of my favorites:

- A woman approaching the Haunted Mansion with her family "Oh, let's go in the Wax Museum!"

- A woman on a cell phone by the pool at the Poly, in a very loud voice, "Just meet us in front of Pirates of Penzance"

The first one is classic... But the second one just brought tears to my eyes

ROTFL

LLagow
12-09-2004, 03:46 PM
My DD(age 3 at the time) loves donald duck. Last christmas we looked everywhere and still no Donald. We went to see Philharmagic and asked her if she liked seeing Donald in it. She said NO! - I want to see him standing up! It took my DH and I a few seconds to figure out she wanted to see a character. We just cracked up once we figured it out.
LLagow :moped:

cobbler
12-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Hay Misty I was there with ya at MGM on the 3rd too - it was a wee bit busy.

Anywho my favorite so far is my son and hubby riding the Buzz lightyear ride. My hubby wanted a better picture of him so we all had to ride again. He and my oldest son get in together and hubby now knows where the camera is so he makes a laughing type face. Oldest son looks over at him and in the most serious voice says, "Dad stop playing around, this is serious business here".

I almost cried.

CDoobee
12-09-2004, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure if it's the funniest, but maybe the stupidest, and it came out of MY mouth!! Actually, my family thinks it's pretty funny and can't stop teasing me about it. Every trip since, no matter who is with me, they've heard the story and have to see where it happened!
In June, 2002, I was at WDW with just my then-17 year old DS. We had never seen AKL, so decided to go there on our arrival night, to check out the hotel, eat dinner at Mara, and go see some animals. As we were standing outside TRYING to see animals (it was already dark, plus I'm near-sighted and had forgotten my glasses!), I decided to look around at the balconies. I then made the STUPID comment, "Hey, look! Isn't that weird? There are people on every balcony and they are ALL skinny and have little heads!" To which my DS replied, "Mom....those are poles...".

Fortuosity
12-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Ha-ha-ha, some of these are too funny!

The Older gentleman in the lead of the group looks up at the IASW building and says "that must be the haunted castle, lets not go there" I about died, if he only knew.

Or then again, maybe he did know, hee-hee.

TnTsParty
12-09-2004, 09:32 PM
And what about everyone's favorite....you are walking up Main Street starting a fun filled day at the MK and you overhear someone in the family next to you saying "we're going to be in Disney World today but we will do Epcot tomorrow." Even our 6 year old loves to hear that one. :rockband:

Well I must admit I am guilty of this one. :blush: But it is an old habit - as a native Floridian I have been to Walt Disney World many times since 1973 or 1974 and prior to this year the majority of the times I have been to Disney World have been when the Magic Kingdom WAS the only park. So to me Disney World has always been MK and Epcot has always been Epcot and same with MGM and AK. I am trying to break the habit but it seems to come out so naturally. So the people that call MK DW may just call it that out of habit, because I know my sister does the same thing (as does my best friend who I grew up with)

I will be going to WDW this weekend but most likely won't make it to MK (was just there in March and Oct) and I am going to miss seeing it!! I will be on the look out or keep an ear out for any funny comments I may hear.

funcinderella
12-10-2004, 01:13 PM
We had just returned from WDW, and my 3 1/2 year old DD (who is big time into the princesses) was (sorry, no way to sugar coat it) picking her nose. I said "Sweetie, don't pick your nose. Princesses don't do that." to which she replies, "But don't they have boogies?"

RescueRanger
12-10-2004, 01:17 PM
We had just returned from WDW, and my 3 1/2 year old DD (who is big time into the princesses) was (sorry, no way to sugar coat it) picking her nose. I said "Sweetie, don't pick your nose. Princesses don't do that." to which she replies, "But don't they have boogies?"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

d-r
12-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Ok I've got three I can think of.

1. We were staying at beach club, and had come in the international gateway to epcot. We were about 1/2 of the way between the entrance and the Uk, on the path there, while some in our party visited with sleeping beauty. A lady comes by with two boys, about 11-12, I figure her kids, walking from the UK towards the exit, and she is saying "No, we don't need a map, we are just going to walk right along this circle here and see all the countries in order. We do not need a map, it just makes a circle." About two minutes later, here they come back towards UK from the international gateway and she is saying "not another word, just don't say another word."

2. Actually this was at the disney store, around christmas time. A little boy was telling his parents which of the toys he wanted and he, really loudly saud "I want a little Buzz and a big Woodie," and this lady across the store under her breath said "don't we all."

3. we were with some of our friends at future world in epcot, and we took a bathroom break. There were a group of school kids there, probably around 5th graders about 12 years old, and so the bathroom was really busy with all these boys and there was a bit of a wait in the common area around the sinks. From one of the stalls, one of the kids, trying to impress his friends, was doing a really amazing, and very loud, Austin Powers imitation of "Whose the boss of #2" with some incredible sound effects. The really funny part was that all of us adults (strangers) were looking at each other in the eye and biting our lips saying to ourselves "I will not laugh at 12-year-old boy potty humor, I will be a good example." I guess you had to see the faces of everybody trying not to laugh to get it.

jgmklmhem
12-10-2004, 02:38 PM
2. Actually this was at the disney store, around christmas time. A little boy was telling his parents which of the toys he wanted and he, really loudly saud "I want a little Buzz and a big Woodie," and this lady across the store under her breath said "don't we all."

:flower1:
That is just classic both the kid's statement and the other adult's response
:earboy2:

Kevenswife2
12-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Do you know the difference between boogers and broccoli? Kids won't eat broccoli! I heard that at MGM Studios from some actors walking the streets.

disneysteve
12-10-2004, 05:29 PM
During our Thanksgiving trip, DS, 16, and I were waiting in line at Haunted Mansion and a huge family group (like 15 or so) strolled on through the FP line and stopped near us. There was much excited conversation and I was enjoying watching all the family members, trying to figure out who was who, etc. One of the "leader moms" was deciding who was going to ride with whom, since only 3 are in a Doom buggy.....then the hubby says, "Oh, this is a RIDE?"

Oh My! We just looked at each other and cracked up!

I posted this to the "Clueless guest comments" thread I started a while ago but it fits here as well.

DD and I were entering Mission:Space. Right in front of us was a family - mom, dad, and 2 younger kids. The CM stops them to measure the boy to see if he is tall enough. The father says,"Oh, is this a ride?"

If you want to read a ton of great comments, search for that thread.

cindyclone
12-10-2004, 05:54 PM
this one came out of me, i heard of the rumor of the guy who died in the ride, i think his name was george, and told my younger cousin who was about 9 years old, then my older cousin who was 13 heard. the rumor was that you yell his name 3 times in a certain spot something will happen. we got on the ride, me and my cousin (9) were terrified. So we got to the spot and my older cousin sohuted his name. so me and my cousin (9) started to scream. My mom sat behind me and put her hand on my shoulder and that made me scream even louder because she scared me! I will never forget that! :earboy2:

AngieBelle
12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Once I was visiting Wilderness Lodge, and I saw this family enter the resort. The mom exclaims something like"Ok, remember, our mission is to find Whispering Canyon Cafe." They all then proceed to walk right passed it.

lovethattink
12-11-2004, 07:01 AM
Last weekend we were walking past the Leave a Legacy wall. A boy about 8 or 9, looked up at his mom and exclaimed, "Are all these people dead!?"

Destination Disney
12-11-2004, 07:39 AM
The best came from a CM at MGM. We were heading out after the Fantasmic production at night, and walking down the "mainstreet" when we heard the CM yelling out...
"Be sure to check out your photos taken earlier, when the sun was shinning and your kids were happy!"
He was one of the CM's that take your pics as you walk into the parks!
It just fit so well.

djm99
12-11-2004, 08:04 AM
In Epcot, there's a british boy about 7 or 8 who's at a urinal with his father. The kid has that adorable children's british accent and says to his father. "Father, it won't come out. I'm too nervous." I'm still laughing about that one.

Oh my goodness!!!! That is funny - I laughed out loud!!!!!

lovethattink
12-12-2004, 08:04 PM
We were at Epcot today. A woman asked her son to go run and get them all fast passes. He said he can't do that because he is wearing pants.

llij
12-12-2004, 08:31 PM

I heard that one too! Just this last Friday morning we were riding the bus from the YC to the MK. A mom kept telling her daughter, "We are going to Disneyworld! We are going to Disneyworld!" I was thinking to myself, "you are in Disneyworld! You are going to the Magic Kingdom!"

We also heard the Ozzie Osborne lights as well as the Marie Osmond lights!!!
:laughing: :laughing:

babieemelly
12-12-2004, 09:11 PM
That's so funny how you all know someone who calls the Magic Kingdom "Disney World"! The other day I was asking my uncle what parks him and my Aunt are taking my cousin to when they go to Orlando in June and he said "probably Disney World and Epcot" LoL, I was like wow...there's a lot I have to teach you!

tinkerbell84
12-12-2004, 09:52 PM
One of the funniest comments I've overheard came from The Grouchiest Lady Ever. She was walking through Frontierland, looking confused and very angry. She then said, "I don't want to see this c**p, I just want to see the castle!" Needless to say, I don't think she appreciates the Disney experience like we all do! :rolleyes:
THAT IS SO TRUE!! Sometimes people just dont get it!! :cool1:

sbp59
12-12-2004, 10:04 PM
there are too many to even remember them all...

1. We had gorgeous weather the past few weeks - temps really high and it turned colder - big time - beginning Fri/Sat - overheard a young girl say to her friend "I didn't know it got cold in Florida..."

2. Woman and son from Canada asked "if we had to pay for these resort buses" and told us they paid $19 for a cab ride from Magic Kingdom to their Disney hotel on Friday night because they missed the resort buses.

3. We're getting on the monorail to go to the GF from Magic Kingdom and this family gets on and says "does this monorail go straight to GF?" Everyone on the monorail tells them it does - but it makes a few stops first. The wife insists that her friend told her there was a "direct" monorail to the GF and they would not have to make ANY other stops. They don't believe us and get off the monorail to take the boat! (br-r-r-r-r on the boat Sat night!)

4. In the line for Stitch's great escape, girl says "what is a Stitch?"

There are more...I can't think of them all. Lots of laughter this weekend for sure! :rolleyes:

jfranklyn
12-13-2004, 05:37 AM
The funniest thing I ever heard at MK definately came out of my OWN Mouth, unintentionally of course!!

A few weeks ago, we were finishing up a LONG day at MK with my DH, 2 kids, stepson and his wife, and their 5 month old baby.

Everyone else went on Splash Mountain at about 7 p.m. except me - I was left with my ds (2) and my step-grandson, 5 months. My son was being SO good, but the baby was really upset. My son probably sat there for 20 minutes playing with a small bag of trail mix. He was picking out the parts he likes, and putting the rest of the stuff (basically the nuts) in the little cup holders in the tray of his stroller. Then he'd move them from one place to the other, and back again. In the meantime, the baby REALLY started getting upset, and I'm trying to bounce him on my knee, and at the same time, my son decides he's had enough of this and he's getting out of the stroller NOW. So I'm saying "Please, Elliot, get back in the stroller. Come on Elliot, come on over here and sit, please. Come on, you can sit over here and play with your nuts"!!! Well, there was a young guy sitting next to me (with his infant child) who started to snicker (like you snicker in church when you know you shouldn't be snickering). I ALMOST DIED when I realized what I had said, QUITE LOUDLY, in front of too many people!!! I had to keep sitting there and wait another 15 minutes or so until they all came off the ride.... It was awful!

marciemi
12-13-2004, 08:46 PM
The funniest one I heard came today here in Michigan. My husband's company (based in Wisconsin) is having a meeting/conference at Disney World. When he mentioned that he was going to it in January to another employee, the guy asked "Really, is it open then?"

MsLeFever
12-13-2004, 10:48 PM
Not really funny and sad in many instances....but I have overheard some variation of: Shut up and have a good time!!!! too many times to count.

Our family version of this is "stop crying - this is the happiest place on earth!"

This was sure to get whatever kid was crying would get the giggles!

Barbara

MyGoofy26
12-13-2004, 11:37 PM
I have a few. Last week we were checking into Pop Century. We were staying at AKL that week, but since we weren't getting in til late we decided that $55 a night was better than $164 since we would literally be in the room long enough to sleep. So 2 AM we're trudging through the parking lot and trying to find our way to the building. Mom points to the sign and says, "We follow this sign that says 'hip-a-dee-doo-da.'" Dead tired and slap happy I start laughing hysterically, "mom! It's Hippy Dippy Pool!" Randomly that weeks we'd sing the "new" version of Zip A Dee Doo Da.

Last year we met up with my cousin, her husband and two kids. She's in the Air Force, so they flew in from Italy to spend the week before we all flew home for Christmas. Our first AM there, we hear the kids running around next door and my aunt mumbles, barely awake, "you know those kids we're always complaining about? This time they're related."

On that same trip we were standing outside in back of the Contemporary between the main building and the North Garden Wing and a couple ducks waddle out to visit. My cousin's son (7 at the time) gets excited, throws his arms in the air, and yells, "my first American ducks!"

Our first full day that trip, we hopped on the monorail to the parks and it didn't smell all that good as any of you who have ridden in the past couple years knows. My cousin's daughter (3 1/2 at the time) gets this disgusted look on her face, pinches her nose shut and yells, "eeeewwww! Is that Magic Kingdom poop?"

That same day we were in Toontown meeting characters and had just left one of the rooms. As we passed a door, Cinderella walks out and my cousin's husband starts yelling, "oh my god! It's Cinderella! Look! It's Cinderella!" She waves and walks into another door and we're laughing at him as he realizes what he did, "what's wrong with me? She was probably thinking 'what's up with this guy? Should I call security?'"

Same day again (that was an eventful day!) We were riding Haunted Mansion and we get to the beginning of the ballroom part when the doom buggies move sideways so they're all side by side. Well my cousin's husband decided, I guess, that he wanted to try and scare me so he reached over to grab me but it was dark and he couldn't tell what he was reaching for then yells, loud enough for anybody within a few doom buggies on either side to hear, "oh my god! did I just grab your chest!?" I started cracking up, "no, that was my arm." He had a true look of horror on his face at the thought that he had just felt up his wife's cousin at Disney World, LOL! I can't imagine what people who overheard that thought.

FigmentGuy
12-14-2004, 04:22 PM
We took a Wishes Fireworks Birthday cruise last week and spent the evening on the lake chatting with the CM. She told us the most common question in the Magic Kingdom is "Can you please tell me what time is the 3:00 parade??" LOL some people!

MyGoofy26
12-14-2004, 07:01 PM
We took a Wishes Fireworks Birthday cruise last week and spent the evening on the lake chatting with the CM. She told us the most common question in the Magic Kingdom is "Can you please tell me what time is the 3:00 parade??" LOL some people!

When I worked at Disney, they actually constantly reminded us of proper ways to address that question. I didn't work at the MK, but had been in the Utilidors with friends who needed to pick up paychecks and such and there was even a random announcement to remind CMs. You aren't allowed to answer that question by saying "3:00" - you need to phrase it so that the guest doesn't feel stupid like, "well the 3:00 parade will pass this area at around 3:15"

babieemelly
12-14-2004, 07:36 PM
You guys are cracking me up with this thread, lmao!I 'm amazed that people ask what time the 300 parade starts. I've read about people overhearing this at Disney on several other threads which makes me think it happens often...which makes me kind of sad... lol! I cant believe Disney actually tells CMs how to deal with this question! What happens if the parade is really going topass by at 3:00?? LoL, that's too funny!

richwdw1023
12-14-2004, 07:51 PM
...my girlfriend and I got on the bus at 2AM to take us back to the Port Orleans Riverside Resort. On the bus with us was two British couples approximately 40-50 years old. The one man seemed he had more than enough to drink at Pleasure Island that night seeing as stood on the seats of the bus and began yelling, "I'm an Adventurer!, I'm an Adventurer!" He then began pleading with his wife, who was laughing hysterically, to take him to Adventureland the next day, so he could be an "Adventurer!" Seeing as how drunk he was, I doubt he was there for the rope drop at Adventureland the next day. pirate:

babieemelly
12-14-2004, 07:59 PM
OMG, RichWDW... that's soo funny!I would have been cracking up, lmao! It's nice to see people enjoying Disney World in whatever way they feel is the most fun - obviously this guy was living it up at Pleasure Island lol! And I, too, doubt he was there for the rope drop at the MK, lol!

DebbieB
12-14-2004, 08:13 PM
A couple from last week:

In line at the Candlelight Processional, a teenage girl says to her friend "what is this show about". The friend says " The Christmas Story". Girl says "which Christmas story?". Friend says "THE Christmas Story".

A couple at AK are walking over the bridge in Africa. The man says "wonder what they are building over there? (looking towards the coaster construction)". Woman says "I think it's a new hotel".

Molly Meow
12-15-2004, 03:50 AM
All of these are so funny!

This was a long time ago at Disneyland...let's see, must have been 1991 - I was 10, I think. My mom and I were on IASW, and directly in front of us was a man and his approx. 4 year old son. I don't know if they're still there, but there were signs up as you enter the actual building - this one had a big purple octopus on it. The man says "Wook at that, wook at liwwle ole spider" and the son replies with "Geez, dad. That's an octopus. Can you pipe it now so I can enjoy my ride?"

LOL You should have seen the look on the father's face at that one. My mother and I were howling!

stemikger
12-15-2004, 04:08 AM
When me and my wife were on our honeymoon 13 years ago. We were waiting online with two little old ladies by themselves. They looked like the sterotypical cute little old ladies (blue hair and all). All of a sudden we noticed they were having an argument amongst themselves. Then the one little old lady said to the other one in a real loud voice: SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE. Me and my wife almost had to run off the line because we were laughing so hard. It was so funny hearing this coming from this lady.

colleen costello
12-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Last spring I went ahead of our group to check us in at the Crystal Palace. A Mom and a son were having a real fight on the porch where you wait to be seated. She was trying to remove him and he was literally hanging on for dear life, to one of the pillars that supports the porch. I tried not to gawk but as I walked past them, she whispered -- in a hiss like the snake makes in Jungle Book -- "I am calling the airline and we are going home tomorrow!" It just cracked me up because at one point or another, we have all threatened our kids with similar stupid things we'd never follow through on!

Horizons16
12-15-2004, 10:06 AM
We were at Cape May for the character breakfast and this 7ish yo boy kept yyelling" hey squirrel you didn't sign my book" to Chip.

Ha the funny thing is i actually laughed out loud at that one and everyone in the computer lab here looked at me... :rolleyes:

oops haha

MomofKatie
12-15-2004, 10:41 AM
We visited WDW in November, and my DD, who is 6, had never been on a roller coaster before. During our planning process, I really talked up the Barnstormer as a good first roller coaster ride. She was very excited to go on it. Well, the day comes, and we went to Toontown Fair and got in line to ride. DD was literally jumping up and down, she was so excited to get on the ride. We got in the car, and started up the first hill. She had a HUGE grin on her face, but as soon as we crested the first hill, it faded a bit. She was fine for the rest of the (brief) ride, and we exited. As we were walking back toward Mickey's house, I asked her, "So, didn't you just love that? Would you like to go on again?". She looked at me, with a big smile on her face, and said, "No, thanks Mommy. That was the WORST thing I've ever done! I'm NEVER going on it again!". All this with a big smile! The whole rest of the trip, every single ride we went on, she would ask suspiciously, "This isn't a roller coaster, is it? 'Cause I HATE them!" I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I reassured her on each and every ride.

MyGoofy26
12-15-2004, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=DebbieB]A couple from last week:

In line at the Candlelight Processional, a teenage girl says to her friend "what is this show about". The friend says " The Christmas Story". Girl says "which Christmas story?". Friend says "THE Christmas Story".

[QUOTE]

Too funny. Reminded me of a conversation my aunt and I had. We had spent he AM at AK and then went to Epcot in time to catch the last show of the Candlellight Processional which happened to be Jim Caviezel's last day. All week long we kept making corny jokes, "gonna hear Jesus tell the story of Christmas!" But I think the corniest one came that night. We caught the boat over to Morocco so we didn't have to walk and I don't know why (we know he's backstage by the theater) but my aunt just happened to say out loud, "wonder if they're bringing Jesus in on a boat (I don't think we ever called him by his real name that week, hehe)" without missing a beat I said, "nah, he probably just walked across the lake." We were all so exhausted since it was the end of the trip and we hadn't had that much sleep or rest that it was 100 times funnier than it ever should have been.

mrskay9
12-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Mygoofy!

You're gonna get me fired! I'm fallin' outta my seat laughin!

GoodFairies
12-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Last year at WDW I told boyfriend I was going to embarrass him so as we walked into PoTC I said, as we walked past the CM, (loudly and very know it all-y): "this ride is new, it was built after that movie did so well." Boyfriend shook his head and acted like he didn't know me.

My parents accompanied us on a trip this past October and when we came out of Mickey's Philharmagic, my mom (she's so cute but not too bright) said to me, "that show was really good but I just have one question: what's a 'philhar' ?"

funhouse8
12-16-2004, 07:05 AM
While walking down Main street my son wanted me to hear Pal Mickeys joke, so I put the doll up to my ear to hear better. A guest working by took one look and me and said to his wife. "Look at that ladies cell phone!"

WDW Poly Princess
12-16-2004, 10:26 AM
A new one I heard on the monorail a couple of days ago

A lady, pointing to the Contemporary: "Look! There's Space Mountain!"

also, while in line for Pirates, as we came around the corner so that you can see the loading area-

"Oh, it's a ride?"

TallyLassie
12-16-2004, 10:50 AM

Kind of like at McDonalds "Shut up, and eat your Happy Meal"

Scoobmuzic
12-16-2004, 01:29 PM
One of my favorites happened when DH and I were in line to see The Turtles during the Flower & Garden Festival. :rockband:
We were in line at the American Pavillion having a nice conversation with the couple in front of us when a young couple gets in line behind us. Now, we are no more than 10 ft. from the entrance to the theater mind you. We continue chatting with the people in front for a good 5 min when the young man says "Is this a ride?" we politely say "no, it's a concert. The Turtles" They just looked at one another and walked away. I just love how people see a line and just have to stand in it! :rolleyes:

marypops!
12-17-2004, 05:40 AM
bump :bounce: :jumping2: :jumping1: :jumping3: :jumping4: :Pinkbounc

bbowers
12-17-2004, 07:54 AM
I then made the STUPID comment, "Hey, look! Isn't that weird? There are people on every balcony and they are ALL skinny and have little heads!" To which my DS replied, "Mom....those are poles...".

Ok, that is the first time I have ever gotten tears in my eyes from one of these posts! :earboy2:

marciemi
12-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Okay, while we're still on the topic, I have to add one in from our trip in 1998. We were at the MK in December on a Saturday, while they were taping the ABC Christmas parade. Of course the place was packed. We got a spot for the parade early, and since one of my sons was asleep in the stroller, DH volunteered to stay with him and hold our spot while I took the other 2 in the stores behind us on Main Street.

Well, we're in the first store, my oldest son shows me something, and POOF, my 3 1/2 year old is gone. We look on our own for a couple minutes, then tell an employee. They sealed the exits (didn't know they did that) and quickly confirm that he isn't in the store and must have wandered out into the gaggle of zillions of people on Main Street.

They told me to go to Guest Relations and hopefully he would be brought there once he was found. So I went out to find DH and leave my other son with him. When I got there, he was with my youngest (the one who was lost) and a cast member. Apparently DS had found a cast member on his own, gone up to him and told him "I lost my Mom, AND my Dad, and BOTH my brothers!" (in a tone of voice that implied "can you believe that? BOTH brothers, not just one - the odds against that must be astronomical!") DH saw the cast member walking up Main Street with him (probably to Guest Relations) and claimed him and the cast member just had to tell DH what my son had told him! Of course it wasn't my son who'd gotten lost, he'd just misplaced the rest of us!

Tissa
12-17-2004, 08:30 AM
While walking down Main street my son wanted me to hear Pal Mickeys joke, so I put the doll up to my ear to hear better. A guest working by took one look and me and said to his wife. "Look at that ladies cell phone!"
:teleport: :love: That's Funny!!! I'll never look at Pal Mickey the same again LOL!!

Beth8266
12-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Of course it wasn't my son who'd gotten lost, he'd just misplaced the rest of us!

happened every time I went to Disney as a kid!! It's a running joke in my family now! Keep in mind I am forty-something and evry time we go they have to make sure Beth is with them!! :earboy2:

kellimomo3
12-17-2004, 11:47 AM
A couple of years ago, I was pushing my two young sons down Main Street in a double stroller and they started arguing about which one of them had the biggest Woody. My three year old was adamantly yelling "My Woody is bigger than yours!!" and my two year old would respond "My Woody is the biggest one ever!". This went on and on all the way down Main STreet. We definatley turned a few heads. My husband and I were laughing so hard that I think it was easy for people to figure out that they were talking about their Woody dolls!!

Kelli
:groom: princess: pirate: pirate: pirate:

snyderla
12-17-2004, 12:21 PM
These are so hilarious! I'm reading these at work, which of course I should not be doing, and I didn't realize I had a huge grin on my face until someone just walked by and asked me what I was smiling about!!!

Here's another of the same ol' thing...while waiting in line at Pop Century, a man asks the bus driver if the bus takes you to Walt Disney World. The driver just directed him to the MK bus. My sil has been a lifelong florida resident and always calls the MK WDW. I'm working on her though.

Lori

ArmyWifey1974
12-17-2004, 01:32 PM
I was on the monorail approaching the MK, when I overheard a little girl say to her mom " Mommy I can smell the Magic ,it smells like popcorn" ... LOL she was adorable!

HomeSweetDisney
12-18-2004, 10:44 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Too funny! I love kids, they just say the cutest things :)

I've got one too. We were in MK a a couple of trips ago and standing in line for Buzz Lightyear. This big Hells Angels looking guy walks by with his family and I mean, this guy was huge. Long scruffy beard, tattoos, and bandana...the whole nine. So he's standing there and he turns and positively squeals "Buzz Lightyear, my favorite!" He RUNS to get in line and leaves his poor family standing there looking really confused. Guess they didn't realize he liked Buzz so much. We were cracking up though. I thought it was pretty funny and really cute too :)

SnowWhite1985
12-18-2004, 11:46 AM
lol these are all so great! i have two which are funny to me..i just don't know how funny they would be to others.
1. my younger brother (17), my boyfriend and i had been chosen to volunteer for the backlot tour in MGM. they went over these instructions for about 5 minutes. the #1 rule:don't push. my boyfriend and i are very easily embarassed in front of people, so when they told us to start to go crazy i panicked, pushed my boyfriend on the floor and he screamed CR*P loud enough for everyone to hear. :blush: i was so embarassed
2. about 3 years ago i was taking my younger sister (4 at the time) on the haunted mansion ride. shes a brave little girl but she was a little unsure. she went on, seemed fine and when we got off and walked outside we met my mother. my mom asked her how it was and she looked up said she was fine but she burst into tears and said "kimberly i never want to see this house ever again!" a lady nearby giggled a little. she gets a kick out of that story now that shes a little older and braver :earboy2:

MinnieM21
12-18-2004, 04:20 PM
While at the MK I heard a man say to his kid "Daddy peed in the shower this morning!" He said it so loud so the whole world could hear. My mom and I laughed so hard when we heard him.

momof2inPA
12-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Last year during Jersey week, a boy (about 6 years old) walked away to the end of the row where his mom was sitting. When she turned around and didn't see him she started to panic. When she finally found him, she grabbed his arm and said in a very firm voice, "If you wander away from us, you will never see New Jersey, again!" Now, I know that people from NJ, love NJ, but that just cracked me up.

MyGoofy26
12-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Okay, while we're still on the topic, I have to add one in from our trip in 1998. We were at the MK in December on a Saturday, while they were taping the ABC Christmas parade. Of course the place was packed. We got a spot for the parade early, and since one of my sons was asleep in the stroller, DH volunteered to stay with him and hold our spot while I took the other 2 in the stores behind us on Main Street.

Well, we're in the first store, my oldest son shows me something, and POOF, my 3 1/2 year old is gone. We look on our own for a couple minutes, then tell an employee. They sealed the exits (didn't know they did that) and quickly confirm that he isn't in the store and must have wandered out into the gaggle of zillions of people on Main Street.

They told me to go to Guest Relations and hopefully he would be brought there once he was found. So I went out to find DH and leave my other son with him. When I got there, he was with my youngest (the one who was lost) and a cast member. Apparently DS had found a cast member on his own, gone up to him and told him "I lost my Mom, AND my Dad, and BOTH my brothers!" (in a tone of voice that implied "can you believe that? BOTH brothers, not just one - the odds against that must be astronomical!") DH saw the cast member walking up Main Street with him (probably to Guest Relations) and claimed him and the cast member just had to tell DH what my son had told him! Of course it wasn't my son who'd gotten lost, he'd just misplaced the rest of us!

TOO cute!! How often do you get to say that about your child being lost? LOL!

When I was on the college program I was working one day at Tattooine and this girl, probably about 6 or 7 walks up to the counter and in the most polite, calm, and mature voice says, "Excuse me miss, I'm lost. Can you help me?" Her tone of voice threw me off - she was SO calm about it. It took a second to process, LOL! But I had one of the CMs working with me call in to see if her parents had contacted security yet and to let them know who had her and where we were at the moment. She and I walked out to where she had last seen them and found her parents after a few minutes. But it was just so funny - most kids get freaked out, but she just acted like it was nothing out of the ordinary! Her mom was in hysterics, and another guest had stopped to help her find the girl and was the first to see us walking that way. The little girl just looked at her mom like, "what's wrong with you?"

Carrie

lovethattink
12-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Yesterday someone asked me if the Christmas Parade at the MK was the Macy's Parade. I politely explained that parade is at Universal Studios. This parade is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade.

Kaycee
12-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Heard a good one in Epcot last week. I was walking through Norway when two women came out of one of the shops there. One of the women turned to the other one and said, "I really like the way they hire people to work in each of the countries who look like they really came from that country." Hmmm...maybe that's because they did come from that country! :rolleyes: I'll bet she's one of those people who marvel at how real the animals look in Animal Kingdom. ;)

JCTigger
12-29-2004, 10:16 AM
my favorite story about how people check thier brains in at the gate is i was working greeter at BTM and this family of like 10-15 people came up to me and asked me if this was the train to get to MGM they were looking for the jaws ride and they had sworn that it was in the magic kingdom... i am trying so hard to not laugh at them because they way they were talking it was like they had no clue but of all that the worst part was one of the member had the barnbaums book so i had to inform them that jaws is not in any wdw park but that it was at universal studios i guess they didnt understand me clearly because they wanted to know where they get the bus to go to that park and if thier park hoppers would work there.... after having spent like 20 minutes with this family i was kinda getting a little annoyed because its hard to juggle this family and make sure i check kids heights at the same time.... so i just told them that they would have to get a taxi and tell them where they wanted to go and he would make sure they got there.... looking back i know that was kinda mean but i had a job to do that was rather important so no youngins got past me onto the ride

Jen D
12-29-2004, 02:58 PM
I have two, both from the same night at Victoria & Alberts-- my husband and I went last September for our 10th Anniversary.

We were seated under the dome-- that weird area where due to some acoustic abnormality you can hear even quiet conversations at a table across the dome clear as day-- as if the people were at the table too. And I'm sure they could hear us. If the harp is playing it isn't bad but when the harpist is taking a break you can hear everything.

Two choice exchanges-- from one table, across the way, with a young attractive couple

1) Man to woman: "Will you relax? You can have your joint after dinner!"

2) And after the bills had been delivered to all the tables, a man and a woman, the man in a northern English accent: "What do you mean expense it? We can't ****ing expense it darling! We had all this ****ing caviar and this ****ing champage! It's seven or eight hundred dollars! We can't ****ing expense it!"

Epcotgal8
12-29-2004, 03:23 PM
This is a fun thread! I will never forget going to the ladies restroom in MGM and a little girl and her mom walked into the stall next to me (sorry if that is too personal but how else do I explain the story?) I could tell by her little feet and voice she was about 3 or 4. Her mother said (in a frenzied tone) "Why are you acting this way today? We waited for so long to come see Mickey and then you act like this. You don't act like this at home!" The little (yet very determined) voice says, "I can't help it. YOU'RE making me NERVOUS!"
I still smile when I think about it. It wasn't just what she said but how sincerely she said it. I think she was probably right! LOL.

PrincessCandaceMarie
12-29-2004, 03:27 PM
I once heard a Mother using the 'Mom Tone Voice' to her 2 little girls saying 'calm down, you're at Disney World for God's Sake' to her little girls, they were excited and giggling and she thought they were bothering the people in line....I had to laugh too...

FatCow
12-29-2004, 06:09 PM

I'm of Chinese descent but can't speak/read a word of Chinese and somebody gave me a T-shirt with Chinese writing... when my dad saw it he said, "Do you know that your T-shirt says 'do not pee here'?"

I threw away the T-shirt... especially after wearing that shirt for the entire day in Chinatown.

sarhenty
12-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Ok, so this is my funny little story.

We are a family of SEVEN. We always take our trips during the slowest time of the year so TTA was literally empty one afternoon. We see there is no line so we rush up the ramp thinking that people will try to skip in front of us. Remember were SEVEN in total. We're so happy its empty that for some reason we all gravitate towards the same wagon/car. So picture seven people in one wagon and all the other wagons EMPTY. The CM looked at us like we were gone in the head. We were literally sitting on each others lap. It was sooo funny we laughed the whole ride through. We were so embarrased nearing the exit bc we knew the CM was going to tell us something. So he tells us "don't feel bad, you guys made my day!...It could be worse, a lady just asked me if this train stops at the Contemporary"

WDWguru
12-29-2004, 09:27 PM
On our last trip, coming off the tea cups was a character meet and greet for the white rabbit. A guy coming off behind us said, "Oh look! The Easter Bunny!" This happened in October, which makes it even funnier. LOL!

My favorite so far is the squirrel comment -- DH and I will be referring to Chip & Dale as squirrels from now on!

HunnyPots
12-29-2004, 09:29 PM
We were in Animal Kingdom one day and as we were entering Harambe village, we heard a mom say to her young son, "Okay - we're in Africa now so ACT RIGHT!".

I've wondered ever since, just what is the right way to act in Africa? What if I've been acting wrong all this time and didn't know it? :)

MELSMICE
12-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Well, I certainly can't top many of these, but the funniest thing I can remember is hearing a woman say to her friend as their kids were coming out of Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground was "Kids, tomorrow do you want to go to the zoo tjhey have here or to Disney World?" :rolleyes:

ekmdisney
12-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Just bumping so that I can subscribe to the thread. Can't seem to find away to do so.

Keep up the laughs!

julie_yet
12-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Click on "Thread Tools" at the top of this thread and a little menu will pop down giving you the option to subscribe.

momshark
12-31-2004, 02:56 PM
The funniest thing I heard was from my son last July. We were eating at the Rose and Crown and the kids ordered Shirley Temples. This was DS's (6) first time having one. When it arrived with a glowing ice cube in it he looked in the glass and asked "Where's the temple??" :rotfl: Too cute!

mmorizio
12-31-2004, 03:29 PM
I was with my wife and kids, standing in line for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. We were near the fountains when I overheard the matriarch of the family in front of us say "I'm really surprised that Disney would let this place get so run-down."

krcit
01-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Went to WDW in November with another family. We had planned and saved for this trip for over a year. The first day in MK and my friends dd runs over to us after getting off Splash Montain and says '' Hey Mom, when are we going back to Hersheypark?'' We both just burst out laughing.....thousands of dollars, a year of planning and we could've just drove 3 hours to Hershey , pa!!!

AbbysFamily
01-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Our own little 'disneyism' is from the trip where we took my DD (3 at the time) to disney for the first time..... She started getting autographs of each of the characters... After seeing Chip and Dale near the entrance to MK, we noticed that she had gotten a pen mark on her leg. Picking on her, we asked where that came from and her reply - - - - "Those sassy chipmunks did it!"

Three years later and she still doesn't call them by name - rather they are the 'sassy chipmunks'...

twinz
01-17-2005, 05:03 PM
We went to Orlando in 2002 with a friend of ours and her three boys. We got off the airplane, and the oldest (he was almost 10 at the time), looks at me and goes "where are we?" I said "Florida why?" he goes "this is where Disney World is?" I said "yep" then he looked at me all confused and he goes "but it looks so NORMAL", I asked him he was expecting us to be RIGHT in WDW he said he did. Also that whole trip we kept buggin each other saying "what time is the 3 o'clock parade?" We would all just look at each other and say I HAVE NO IDEA. It was funny! (to us anyways.) Also the youngest (who was 6 at the time) was scared out of him mind when we "ran into" DeVine...he was soo funny, we were sitting down for the Jammin Jungle Parade, and we would rustle the trees behind us and yell...Shawn it's DeVine, and he would get all scared! Not too nice I know but it was funny!

Chrissyb8885
01-17-2005, 05:21 PM
At epcot this past December we saw a little girl very politely tapping on pinoccio's arm (sp?) then she asked him, "excuse me sir, do you still have figgero?" How cute is that??!!!

ladyarcher
01-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I was with my wife and kids, standing in line for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. We were near the fountains when I overheard the matriarch of the family in front of us say "I'm really surprised that Disney would let this place get so run-down."

OMG This is the best one I've seen in days! Too funny

Stepharoonie!
01-17-2005, 06:10 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Stepharoonie!
01-17-2005, 06:16 PM
When me and my wife were on our honeymoon 13 years ago. We were waiting online with two little old ladies by themselves. They looked like the sterotypical cute little old ladies (blue hair and all). All of a sudden we noticed they were having an argument amongst themselves. Then the one little old lady said to the other one in a real loud voice: SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE. Me and my wife almost had to run off the line because we were laughing so hard. It was so funny hearing this coming from this lady.
:rotfl:

Tigger&Belle
01-17-2005, 06:51 PM

When I told my sister about the Osbourne family lights, she said, "why would we want to see those--who cares about Ozzie Osborne". Of course I started to try and explain and then my mother said, "Oh, is it Donny and Marie Osborne". I was rolling on the floor by then, especially since they were both serious.

T&B

seetheworld
01-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh my goodness, I cannot stop laughing - that is so funny!

Tigger&Belle
01-17-2005, 06:58 PM
The funniest thing I ever heard at MK definately came out of my OWN Mouth, unintentionally of course!!

So I'm saying "Please, Elliot, get back in the stroller. Come on Elliot, come on over here and sit, please. Come on, you can sit over here and play with your nuts"!!! Well, there was a young guy sitting next to me (with his infant child) who started to snicker (like you snicker in church when you know you shouldn't be snickering).

That reminds me of what my 17yo DD said the other night when we went out to dinner. We were seated at a big table with some bench seats and she was sitting in between two connected benches. In a loud voice she said, "I don't want to sit on a crack". Of course, me being the mature mother that I am, thought that was SO funny. She will not live that one down anytime soon (ie, this lifetime). LOL

T&B

Philadisney
01-17-2005, 07:10 PM
i did the CP in fall of 2002 and actually wrote down some of the more amusing things i heard from guests during my four month stay at epcot. some memorable ones to me were from when i was working at the food and wine festival. one day i was selling chocolates and an older gentleman came up to me and announced, "i am offering myself as a person emminently qualified to taste truffles." then i was at a booth selling new zealand mussels and someone asked me for a fork, only they said "i need an implement to remove the miserable bodies from their homes." then there was the day a small boy in a cape & mickey ears ran up to me and shrieked, "I AM THE DEVIL!!!!"

i also once heard an exchange between a little girl and her mom:
girl: Mommy, does Santa Claus know I was bad?
mom: Yes. He knows everything. AND SO DOES GOD.
(just a spooky thing to overhear at The Happiest Place On Earth)

this thread rules! so much fun.
:jumping4:

pampam
01-17-2005, 07:38 PM
My DM and DMIL were in line at Jungle Cruise. A long line. A very long line. And as they waited and worked their way up the line my DMIL complained. She never shut up, complaining all the time about how long the line was, and Disney should do something about it, and she was tired of waiting. Eventually the gentleman behind them got tired of listening to her so he said "Oh, this isn't the lineup to Jungle Cruise. This is the lineup for the washroom!" My DMIL believed him.

MandaPerry
01-17-2005, 07:59 PM
The funniest thing I have ever heard came from my own mother. It was our first trip to the world and we were staying at the Poly we were getting on the elevator and my mother say's " Oh its to bad that the happy people must have checked out" What? " Yes the happy people that sing every in there room every morning" when we relized what she was talking about we almost wet ourselves. Near the elevators are speakers that play poly music this morning they were off. She really thought the music she was hearing was a family singing in there rooms before heading off to the parks :laughing: to this day we still ask her about the happy people

jackskellingtonsgirl
01-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Last Friday it rained. It rained, and rained, and rained. I despise rain, so I was in a bad mood from the word "Go". We were at AK that day and DH and I were getting rather snarky with each other. He wanted to go back to the hotel because his feet were sore, but we still had a few things to see and the parade was starting soon, etc. Well, we were at the Rafiki thing (the name of which escapes me at the moment) and we JUST missed the train back to the regular part of the park. Grrr. DH and I are going round and round and DS is watching these people over to one side of us. The little girl was eating a Mickey bar and smiling blissfully and DS wails "I wish our family was HAPPY!"

It's much funnier NOW than it was at the time. At the time I said something to the effect of "Fine. Daddy can go back to the hotel, you can get a new family, and I will finish AK by myself." Not my best moment.

TinkUSMC
01-17-2005, 10:53 PM
We just got back from our honeymoon...I think the best one we heard was at AK on Dinosaur...a castmember yells out, "The dinosaurs love you! You taste like wedding cake!"

DepCor0311
01-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Last December we were at MK waiting in line for Philharmagic. We overheard this lady arguing with a CM, pretty loudly, saying "But I have one of thes FastPass things...why won't you let me in?" The CM calmly replied "Ma'am, these FastPasses are expired...and they're for Peter Pan."

We were crackin' up.

Manny917
01-18-2005, 07:51 AM
My DW was in the bathroom overheard an older sister(say around 12) helping her little sister(say around 5) in the next stall. So as the little one is finishing up the older sister tells the little one that someone is watching them from behind the sensor :earseek: , and that when they see she is done doing her thing that they will flush the toilette for you. Needless to say that gave us a good chuckle when my DW came out an told me about it. :laughing:

jjarman
01-18-2005, 07:59 AM
My DM and DMIL were in line at Jungle Cruise. A long line. A very long line. And as they waited and worked their way up the line my DMIL complained. She never shut up, complaining all the time about how long the line was, and Disney should do something about it, and she was tired of waiting. Eventually the gentleman behind them got tired of listening to her so he said "Oh, this isn't the lineup to Jungle Cruise. This is the lineup for the washroom!" My DMIL believed him.

I am going to remember to use this one.

AMYSER
01-18-2005, 08:11 AM
My all time favorite, was overheard when I was kid, when there was but 2 parks. Just outside Journey into Imagination, a mother was encouraging her daughter to go see "fragment".
I still have a fragment of my imagination!
:earseek:

Philadisney
01-22-2005, 07:43 PM
this is my favorite thread....bump! :flower:

dawgsgirl
01-22-2005, 08:30 PM
I was with my cousin and her 7 year old daughter at AK. We were in Africa and went to the bathroom that is there in the "village" and looks like Africa. As we start toward the door, the kid stops, plants her feet and screams, "Why are you taking me to a nasty bathroom? You know I will not go to a nasty bathroom, etc., etc." Everybody around was laughing and we had to drag her on in the door, with her mouthing off and resisting all the way. Of course, the bathroom was spotless and she was shocked. Those themed bathrooms can be quite amazing!

Peter Pirate
01-22-2005, 09:00 PM
This good looking female CM comes up to me and says "Is that dole whip in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" ... Sadly, the dole whip then dripped downmy leg. :guilty:
pirate:

FatCow
01-22-2005, 09:01 PM
This good looking female CM comes up to me and says "Is that dole whip in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" ... Sadly, the dole whip then dripped downmy leg. :guilty:
pirate:

pardon my ignoarnce, what is a "dole whip"?

explorer1977
01-22-2005, 09:47 PM
when I went down with my family and best friend, she was in line at the canada pavillion for a beavertail. Ahead of her is an older couple, obviously not from Canada who are reading the sign....

Wife: It says here that they're "deep fried pastry shaped as the tail of Canada's favourite animals....Moose tails...they must be moose tails."

LOL

we still joke that beavertails are actually moose tails! ;)

princess: Mel

TwoOldPoohs
01-22-2005, 10:43 PM
This thread is so much fun to read!

We were waiting to go through the bag check at MK when the cutest little girl behind us asked her mother why the bags were being checked. Her mother explained "so people don't bring in things they're not supposed to." With a very serious tone, the little girl asked "you mean ... like apples?" Maybe you had to be there, but we thought it was funny.

Later that day, we noticed a window (can't remember where) with a Snow White theme ... and it was filled with ... apples! (Confiscated guest apples, perhaps?) :earseek:

EpcotQueen
01-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Several years ago while at DL at park closing, little boy being dragged out by parent obviously did not want to leave. He tore free, turned about, and bolted down a deserted Main Street yelling, "No! No! I won't leave!" Several members of the clean-up crew bolted after him in addition to parent. Looked like a Keystone Cops scene. We still talk about it. (Actually, my DH has the same problem with ME!)

tomerin
01-23-2005, 08:16 AM
thanks for the smiles this morning.!!! :D :D

i am sitting here looking outside occasionally watching the snow come down harder and drifiting higher and higher. so my thought as they often do, drift to WDW.

this thread is great keep the great stories coming.

snowbound in long island

MELSMICE
01-23-2005, 08:46 AM

It's a soft serve ice cream type treat. You can get them in Adventureland across from the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. They are pineapple flavored. A must have treat for my family on every trip! :cool1:

HillPete
01-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Our funniest moment came at Chef Mickey's last year. As Chip and Dale approached our table, I pointed them out to my 3 1/2 y/o DS and asked him if he knew who they were. He looked up from his Mickey waffles for just a second and declared 'Oh, just a couple of rats!'
--H

cindyfan
01-23-2005, 11:46 AM
thanks for the smiles this morning.!!! :D :D

i am sitting here looking outside occasionally watching the snow come down harder and drifiting higher and higher. so my thought as they often do, drift to WDW.

this thread is great keep the great stories coming.

snowbound in long island
Don't feel bad....we were snowed in all day yesterday....now you are getting the same storm.
So Threads like this kept me entertained all day!! :earboy2:
Now just waiting for DH to finish clearing the drift out of the drive.

So I will add one of my stories.

Our first visit with DD, 1998, she was 7....the first day we went to MK, and the next morning it was raining, but hot, so she had her bathing suit on and playing in the rain at the resort. I was video taping her and asked her what her favorite ride was so far....
As she was dancing in the rain......she replied...."I LOVED the Captains of the Canopy!! " She was talking about Pirates of the Caribean!
So we still call it "Captains of the Canopy" :earboy2:

PanamaMike
01-23-2005, 02:29 PM

Pineapple Vanilla Swirl.

mwerner2
01-23-2005, 02:57 PM
On Friday, our last day at WDW, we went to see the Little Mermaid show at MGM. The girl I sat next to told me:

Girl: "I just love this show, it's all real actors, except for Ursula"
Me: "Oh, have you been to this show before?"
Girl: "Ever since I was a kid!"
Me: (Grinning) "And how old are you now?"
Girl: "I'm nine"

experiment626mom
01-23-2005, 03:02 PM
We were eating breakfast at the resort and a family of folks from Britian sat down next to us. The kids were eating pastries with their fingers. Up walks mom and says "Just because we are in America doesn't mean you have to eat like them, use a fork and knife."

My family just looked around the table at each other and cracked up.

eeyore45
01-23-2005, 04:08 PM
That reminds me... my parents took my cousins when they were 4 and 6, they stayed until closing at MK, and had planned to drive back to my parents place, but since it was late, my parents found a room outside of the parks... well when the cousins woke, one brother grabbed the other brother screaming "WE STAYED ALL NIGHT AT MICKEY MOUSE"S HOUSE!!"

they've since been introduced to onsight properties!! I'll never forget that sense of wonder and amazement!!

kupperman
01-23-2005, 05:01 PM
That is hilarious!!!!!!!!

lsutigger2
01-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Don't have anything to offer, but thanks for all the laughs!!
What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!!

Draglon
01-23-2005, 05:56 PM
What a fabulous thread--My ribs hurt!! What a treat after digging out from under 18" of snow. Thanks so much. Here's my contribution, Maybe it's
not so funny, but it's definitely food for thought

In Epcot, at Living Seas by Coral Reef Restaurant:
"Daddy, why are they eating the fish?"

crazee4mickey
01-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Those around me think I'm crazy as I sit reading these with a huge smile or giggling to myself :earboy2: I love these, they make my day...
Thanks

Sandi
01-24-2005, 11:59 AM
We used to have a cat named Aunt Bea. When DD was about 5, we took her on Pirates of the Carribbean for the first time. She caught onto the song quite fast: "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's like Aunt Bea."

java
01-24-2005, 12:19 PM
One time we happened to be behind a very lovey dovey couple- kissing all the way. Well next ride we are behind them again but in front of us is a man snapping away pictures as sneakily as he could with a mini camera. Turns out he was a PI and that couple was married but not to each other! I met the makeout woman in the bathroom and mentioned the guy taking pictures of them(I would want to know) and she blabbed the whole story to me. How is that for vacation photos.

ValerieK
01-24-2005, 12:31 PM
One time we happened to be behind a very lovey dovey couple- kissing all the way. Well next ride we are behind them again but in front of us is a man snapping away pictures as sneakily as he could with a mini camera. Turns out he was a PI and that couple was married but not to each other! I met the makeout woman in the bathroom and mentioned the guy taking pictures of them(I would want to know) and she blabbed the whole story to me. How is that for vacation photos.

Sorry, but that is funny. It gives a new meaning to Souvenir Pictures.

PratersloveDW
01-24-2005, 12:44 PM

Sorry, but that is funny. It gives a new meaning to Souvenir Pictures.

LOL...isn't that for sure!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It doesn't sound like she was worried that a PI was taken their pics. Hmmm...

FatCow
01-24-2005, 01:24 PM
It doesn't sound like she was worried that a PI was taken their pics. Hmmm...

The PI might as well use a ginormous dSLR with as-ginormous battery grip, flash and tele-lens. :earboy2:

Luigi's Girl
01-24-2005, 04:07 PM
In April of 2002 there were 21 of us (all family members) at AK looking up at the monkeys and enjoying them for while. All of a sudden, and with all seriousness, my 51 year old brother said "damn those monkeys look real". All 20 of us burst out laughing and never let him hear the end of it the rest of the trip.

Lizardbeth61
01-24-2005, 04:43 PM
DH took DS (8) into the restroom. Some French woman was standing outside and called into her menfolk. Well, they didn't come out soon enough for her apparently, 'cause next thing my husband knows is that she's come barging into the men's room calling for her son/husband. He was shocked, but this lady thought nothing of it. We still laugh about that!

jackskellingtonsgirl
01-24-2005, 04:51 PM
I can relate to the French woman! I almost went into the restrooms at Epcot after DH and DS because they were taking SOOO long!

Apparently DH was trying to coerce DS into saying he was hungry. DS is NEVER hungry. DH wanted to stop for a snack but he figured Commando Mommy wouldn't stop unless DS was the hungry one. DH decided the place to discuss this with DS was the men's room. DH just told me this the other day when we were discussing going back to WDW in October. But DS stood his ground - he never did say he was hungry! :cool:

mickeygirl18976
01-24-2005, 06:07 PM
These are soooooo funny I am FOMCL. I had to stop reading them at work earlier today because everyone thought I had lost my marbles.

Anyway, I have one to share with you: We call it the "You lied to me" story: I know this might sound a little mean at first but if you only knew my DD you would understand. She is fearless and always brags about it. Well her first trip to WDW was a few years back (she was almost 6). My DH talked her into going on RR at MGM (didn't have to really do much talking-she loves Aerosmith). She loved the music but her apprehension was starting to come through when she heard the screams coming from the inside of the tunnel.
"Daddy?" the questioning begins, "what does this ride do?"
"It's a roller coaster like the ones we ride at Williamsburg and Great adventure" my DH replies. (She was only tall enough for Big Bad Wolf and the Run Away Mine train the last time she had been there)
"But what does it do?" Again with her uncertainness.
"Well it's like riding in a limo through L.A. and driving fast like mommy does." (thanks!!!)
I cringed at the next question: "Does it go upside down?" she asked.
"Well does a Limo go upside down." he answered.
She thinks about it and says "no."
"Well then!" he says. (smiling that "I told you so smile" at me)
Well I didn't get to go in the same car as them but got in the next train -as I was getting loaded into the "limo" and I hear in the distance (over the music) "YOU LIED TO ME. IT DOES GO UPSIDE DOWN. YOU LIED TO ME! I HATE YOU!!!" after the abrupt take off that goes straight into the first loop.

People around me started laughing. I felt horrible- sure that she was crying and we had tramatized her for life. According to the other people in the car with them she said it over and over again the whole time but then not two minutes later says "why can't we go on it again" when I told her we weren't going again. I felt bad like he tricked her but she absolutely loves that ride. Compares everything to it. People kept asking her if she wanted to go again as we walked around the store and she said YES to all of them. Not a tear was shed so we got thier picture blown up to poster size and it hangs in her bedroom to this day. We have appropriately called it "YOU LIED TO ME!"[COLOR=Indigo]
Ok I am the worst mom in the world for finding it funny but she really looks back at that and laughs. Now at age 11 she loves nothing better than to hit the biggest fastest roller coasters with her dad and the more loops the better.

*****This is posted with permission of my DD- Sam who edited for context with many "OH MOMMMMMs!**************

GrimReapuh
01-24-2005, 06:16 PM
I was riding big thunder mountain, very short wait and ride. When I walked off I was walking off when I saw a kid crying. A lady came to him and said"Whats wrong honey?" the kid said "I miss you!"

I was in the line for PotC when a dad said, "This is the Pirates of the Cavaliers honey!"

cleo
01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
When DS was 2 we had a long trip to Disney. Late one night at the MK he was totally overdone but we wanted one last ride so we lined up for Peter Pan. By the time the ride ended DS was about bouncing off the walls. As I picked him up to exit the ride his little hands grabbed the bar and he began screaming (as loud as he could!) "We have to fly to Neverland! We have to fly to Neverland!!!" It took two adults to pry his fingers loose, and we slunk away like the bad parents we were.

Another time we were in MK and a father of 3 was walking beside us looking at his park map, apparently for info on the nighttime fireworks. He stopped, turned to his children, and said, "Anyone know what time TwinkerBear's Flight is tonight?"

HomeSweetDisney
01-24-2005, 08:41 PM
When DS was 2 we had a long trip to Disney. Late one night at the MK he was totally overdone but we wanted one last ride so we lined up for Peter Pan. By the time the ride ended DS was about bouncing off the walls. As I picked him up to exit the ride his little hands grabbed the bar and he began screaming (as loud as he could!) "We have to fly to Neverland! We have to fly to Neverland!!!" It took two adults to pry his fingers loose, and we slunk away like the bad parents we were.

Another time we were in MK and a father of 3 was walking beside us looking at his park map, apparently for info on the nighttime fireworks. He stopped, turned to his children, and said, "Anyone know what time TwinkerBear's Flight is tonight?"

TwinkerBear's?!..... :laughing: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That's hilarious!

Scoobmuzic
01-24-2005, 10:51 PM
We were at MGM last week on Star Tours. As everyone is getting seated and buckling up, this little voice pipes up and says "Mom, are we really going into outer space?" everyone cracked up.

Philadisney
01-30-2005, 01:11 PM
best thread ever :teeth:

BluOrchid2
01-30-2005, 01:35 PM
So I'm saying "Please, Elliot, get back in the stroller. Come on Elliot, come on over here and sit, please. Come on, you can sit over here and play with your nuts"!!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

MickeyFlirt
01-30-2005, 02:06 PM
We went to WDW in Aug and with DD, 5. She was amazed tha Disney made all this stuff that looked real and really wasn't. While we were riding POC it started to rain so when we got off the ride we happened to pass an area in the roof that had a place cut out and the so the rain was coming through. DD looked at me and DH and said "look mommy Disney even makes fake rain"

sodaseller
01-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Yesterday at AK as we pulled into Rafiki's Planet Watch on the train - "where is the next stop - we might want to get off there?"

TDC Nala
01-30-2005, 04:02 PM
On the monorail ramp right outside of the highly visible Magic Kingdom..

"Is the the Contemporary hotel?"

Toadi
01-30-2005, 04:48 PM
During MVMCP parade early one December, we were (apparently) standing next to a British family and as the gingerbread people appeared, we heard "look! the biscuit boys!" ... how cute!

minivan3
01-30-2005, 05:19 PM
"Anyone know what time TwinkerBear's Flight is tonight?"

We were waiting for the fireworks to start at Cinderella's castle one night, and I hear a Middle-Eastern man say behing me:" Who is this Twinkerbelle?" :goodvibes

Everytime we are waiting to see the fireworks now we laught at this and try to be the first to say "There is Twinkerbelle!" :rotfl:

jkovick
01-30-2005, 06:01 PM

That one gets me every time. Hello! It's the Magic Kingdom!

alikat99
01-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Ok, I've just found this thread and it's taken quite a while (and a LOT of laughs) to get through all the posts. I have a few to add to the list.

1. We were at MK a few weeks ago and I overheard a man talking to his son telling him that he remembered coming to WDW for the first time in 1969. I didn't have the heart to tell him that WDW didn't even open until 1971.

2. My family and DH's family were at MGM for the day and my DMIL asks us why everyone is wearing Mickey dunce hats. We all cracked up because she was referring to the Mickey Sorcerer Hats. After that comment, someone ran to the closest store and bought DMIL a "dunce hat" of her very own.

3. We were on one of the WDW buses and a woman asks her DH if Disney created all of the canals, or did they build WDW around the canals. My DH thought it was hysterical, since all the canals are perfectly straight.

Tink03477
01-30-2005, 11:06 PM
I have one similar to Mickeygirl. The first time my son and I went to WDW he was 9 (he's 16 now) and he wouldn't go on TOT, so I went by myself. Thank goodness some girls took me under their wing as I was scared to DEATH! I was actually crying when I got off and shaking so bad. I had no idea what to expect and boy was I shocked. So, my job is to be "ride tester" for my then 9 year old. Of course after seeing me crying, it was a no-go for him. lolol I explained it to him in major detail on our next trip when he was 10 and he decided to try it. I'm still petrified, but will do it for him. Now I told him second by second of this ride so you can imagine his horror when the drops when out of sequence of what I had told him. The picture that got snapped on that ride is of him and I in the front row facing each other with him yelling to me "you lied, this is not the drops you told me" with me yelling back to him "I didn't know they changed it"! (and I truly didn't know). His face is horrified! I bought the picture of course. It's too funny, we're both turned almost entirely facing each other, oblivous to everyone else. It's been his favorite ride since then too. It still scares the heck out of me, but I still go on it.

Philadisney
01-30-2005, 11:26 PM
We went to WDW in Aug and with DD, 5. She was amazed tha Disney made all this stuff that looked real and really wasn't. While we were riding POC it started to rain so when we got off the ride we happened to pass an area in the roof that had a place cut out and the so the rain was coming through. DD looked at me and DH and said "look mommy Disney even makes fake rain"

ha that reminds me of when i was on the college program working at epcot. one day it was raining and a frustrated woman came up and demanded that i ask disney to turn off the rain. i explained that i didn't think that was possible and she accused WDW of making it rain so that people would have to buy umbrellas and ponchos :rotfl2: scary!

firen'ice
01-30-2005, 11:57 PM
That one gets me every time. Hello! It's the Magic Kingdom!

similar, and still as annoying. I'm from the west coast (vancouver, BC, Canad!) and people a) call where I go (WDW) Disneyland and b) call the MK Disneyland...URRGGHH! And sometimes I go through a little speach and other times I feel its just not worth my breath and let it go. Oh well.

Daisy'sMom
02-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Bump. :rotfl2:

lauran cameron
02-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I have one similar to Mickeygirl. The first time my son and I went to WDW he was 9 (he's 16 now) and he wouldn't go on TOT, so I went by myself. Thank goodness some girls took me under their wing as I was scared to DEATH! I was actually crying when I got off and shaking so bad. I had no idea what to expect and boy was I shocked. So, my job is to be "ride tester" for my then 9 year old. Of course after seeing me crying, it was a no-go for him. lolol I explained it to him in major detail on our next trip when he was 10 and he decided to try it. I'm still petrified, but will do it for him. Now I told him second by second of this ride so you can imagine his horror when the drops when out of sequence of what I had told him. The picture that got snapped on that ride is of him and I in the front row facing each other with him yelling to me "you lied, this is not the drops you told me" with me yelling back to him "I didn't know they changed it"! (and I truly didn't know). His face is horrified! I bought the picture of course. It's too funny, we're both turned almost entirely facing each other, oblivous to everyone else. It's been his favorite ride since then too. It still scares the heck out of me, but I still go on it.

hhahaha this reminds me of when after much convincing, we got my DB to ride TOT, he was only about 10 at the time and was/is still a HUGE whimp!

So finally we all got him to go on the ride and as we are going through the series of drops he yells.

"I CANT BELIEVE YOU MADE ME DO THIS IM JUST A LITTLE KID!!!!!" and he is BAWLING!!! like tears squirting either direction out of face :sad: <----just like that...he still won't go on the ride now, years later :sad2:

kimg826
02-06-2005, 04:58 PM
This thread is soooo funny, that I thought I would add a stories of my own. In 2003, our first trip to WDW, our first day we went to MGM and my DD, 11 at the time, We went to the Muppet Show and I had to coaxed my family to go. Anyways after the show on our way out, I asked them how they liked it? They all enjoyed it, but my oldest DD, says, "It was good, but mom I was so embarrassed! I asked her why? and she says "Everyone must have been staring at me when the little heart thing was talking with me" We got such a kick out of it.

Also, on our first day there, my DH was jet lagging and kind of Crabby, so when we ate dinner, we were looking in the shops and we came across a shirt with Grumpy on it that said "King of Mean". My DDs told him, "Daddy if you keep being crabby we are going to buy this shirt for you" Needless to say his mood changed drastically.

Than when we were at Magic Kingdom, we were going on the Potc, and my youngest DD, who has been on all the scary rides, decides to freak out on this ride. She did not like how real the characters looked.

We are going again in May, so hopefully I will have more funny stories to tell.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :banana:

ekmdisney
02-07-2005, 02:49 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
That is just to FUNNY! I would love to see that pic.

TLinden16
02-07-2005, 05:46 AM
When I was there in December, I was in the ladies room at the MK, and all the sudden I heard a woman say, "Mmmmm. That smells good." Not something I was expecting to hear in the ladies room.

Karen

allisonwonderland
02-07-2005, 09:18 AM
this is soooooooo embarrasing(AND I DID IT) ughh..ok DH and I were at DOWNTOWN DISNEY with my mom and step dad..we were all a lil tipsy and were in one of the stores playing with th hats...props..etc..so anyway we had gone from store to store ..trying to find ones that we liked to wear to the parks the next day..I found a "viking(??)" looking hat with horns and 2 blonde braids and a BIG plastic sword,well..DH and I were just acting like 4 year olds when I had my back turned(he walked off..I did not know) I put on this hat,,,a boa,,and brandish the sword,,jump around and say"hahhhh..i got ya now.....now off with your head".....AND THERE WAS A COMPLETE STRANGER standing where my DH was....... :bitelip: :blush: ..ughhhhh,,it was an older man and he just laughs at me,,,,,SOOOOOO EMBARRASING,,he thought it was funny,,so did DH(who saw the whole thing)

Sammy
02-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Last February, we were watching the MK fireworks from the Poly beach. DH and I were on one of the bench swings near the walkway. As the fireworks are going off over the castle, a man and his young son were strolling behind us on the walkway. "Look!" the man says to his son, "The Epcot fireworks are going off." The son says, "Dad, I think that's the Magic Kingdom over there." The dad says, "No, no...it's Epcot!" Now, mind you...you can clearly see the fireworks going off over THE CASTLE! We just giggled to ourselves! :teeth:

Bellefan66
02-07-2005, 09:57 AM
My favorite, was one we heard MANY times. Seems like every time we were in the Fast Pass line, I would overhear people in the other lines saying,"that's only for resort guests". Hello???Didn't anybody read ANY info before going to the parks,or at least watch the FREE planning video? :confused3

2Xited4Disney
02-07-2005, 10:06 AM
When my DGF and I were in line to check in for our priority seatings at the Liberty Tree Tavern a couple came out looking upset. the wife said to the husband. "SEE I told you we should have stayed at one of the hotels. We could have gotten all kinds of PRIORITY SEATINGS INSTEAD OF WAITING IN THESE HUGE LINES".....I didn't have the heart to tell her that anyone can make priority seatings (she probably cold have called right then and made one for ten minutes later seeing it was January 10)

TinkerBelle_325
02-07-2005, 10:47 AM
These are hilarious. Ok I've got one as well.

A few trips ago, likely some time in 2002 or 2003 my family and I were walking through Epcot and there was a family parked on a bench discussing what they had done for the day and what they would do tomorrow. I have a serious pet peeve when people call Disney rides by the wrong names, I mean there are GREAT BIG SIGNS in front of all the rides AND they are listed in the guide maps. So the conversation went something like this...

Dad: "Ok so now we are in the park with the Big Golf Ball...I dont get why its a golf ball because there isn't any golf here...and the ride IN the golf ball isn't about golf either!"

Mom: "Just like there wasn't a ride IN the Castle at Disneyworld this morning. Though that Splash Flume was great and so was Thunderstorm Mountain!"

Daughter: "So where are we going tomorrow?"

Dad: "Either the park with the big blue hat or the one with the tree. The Tower of Fear and the Aerosmith Coaster are at the one with the blue hat so I'd say there"

My parents and I had to contain ourselves from laughing until we got further away from this poor confused family.

Glennwood
02-07-2005, 11:08 AM
After being searched at the airport in Portland, Me, the guard found my flask with Scotch, and told me that there was a "no open container" rule at that airport. This was with a year after 9/11, and there was a national Guardsman standing a post near by, and he asked him to escort me to the bathroom to dispose of my beverage in the sink. In a kind attempt to eleviate my embarisment, not to mention my intimidation by the automatic riffle he was carrying, he asked me where I was going. When I told him DW, he pointed out that there are bars there. I pointed out that there was no alcohol sold in MK. At that he exclaimed; "no alcohol in magic Kingdom...how magic can it be!"

MomofKatie
02-07-2005, 11:23 AM

A few trips ago, likely some time in 2002 or 2003 my family and I were walking through Epcot and there was a family parked on a bench discussing what they had done for the day and what they would do tomorrow. I have a serious pet peeve when people call Disney rides by the wrong names, I mean there are GREAT BIG SIGNS in front of all the rides AND they are listed in the guide maps. So the conversation went something like this...

Dad: "Ok so now we are in the park with the Big Golf Ball...I dont get why its a golf ball because there isn't any golf here...and the ride IN the golf ball isn't about golf either!"

Mom: "Just like there wasn't a ride IN the Castle at Disneyworld this morning. Though that Splash Flume was great and so was Thunderstorm Mountain!"

Dad: "Either the park with the big blue hat or the one with the tree. The Tower of Fear and the Aerosmith Coaster are at the one with the blue hat so I'd say there"

My parents and I had to contain ourselves from laughing until we got further away from this poor confused family.

Tower of Fear... :rotfl2:

kennancat
02-07-2005, 11:31 AM
From a woman to her friend as they walked into the Tower of Terror vehicle:
"Don't be silly, it's not going to drop"

Boy was she surprised :)

MrTerrorChair
02-07-2005, 12:00 PM
I posted this message on the DVC Community Board, so forgive me if you've read it before, but I think it applies.

True scenario (and not just once):

We're ...just... late to get a bus to the MK (we're at POR). We wait 15 minutes and now we're behind schedule.

Our entourage of 15 piles in.

The awfully friendly driver says "Nex' 'top, de Magic Kingdaum."

We race off , to the children's delight and my DGMiL's horror.

She immediately jerk-grabs at a leaning rail, or my knee.

She says in shock (for the thousandth time in her life), "I know there's a speed limit in this place."

We careen around corners and almost take out the security booth between Bonnet Creek Golf and Fort Wilderness. Everyone else on the bus is abuzz with excitement. DGMiL is hyperventilating and mumbling to no one in particular about the CDL certification system in Florida.

We arrive at the park and get out.

A friendly ticket taker at the turnstiles asks us, "How is your morning?"
and my DGMiL's reply, "We d@*n near died!"

Beautiful....just like clockwork.

Later, a bunch of us were on a late night bus back from a partying escapade at PI. Needless to say, the alcohol had flowed freely. We starting recollecting things our DGiL has said in her life and my wife said that on her tombstone we would have to inscribe the phrase, "D@*n near died." To which her 21 year old cousin and sponsor of the night's activities said, "No, it'll have to say, 'D@*n near lived!"
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
......a huh, a huh, a well, I guess you had to be there.

MrTerrorChair
02-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Ok I've got three I can think of.

3. we were with some of our friends at future world in epcot, and we took a bathroom break. There were a group of school kids there, probably around 5th graders about 12 years old, and so the bathroom was really busy with all these boys and there was a bit of a wait in the common area around the sinks. From one of the stalls, one of the kids, trying to impress his friends, was doing a really amazing, and very loud, Austin Powers imitation of "Whose the boss of #2" with some incredible sound effects. The really funny part was that all of us adults (strangers) were looking at each other in the eye and biting our lips saying to ourselves "I will not laugh at 12-year-old boy potty humor, I will be a good example." I guess you had to see the faces of everybody trying not to laugh to get it.

Stop!! This thread can end now!! :rotfl2:

These two are the winners. (I'm going to get fired for laughing so hard.)

gabbygrennell
02-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I have been roflmao while reading all of these!
Great topic!!
To this day, we laugh about this! We were at Blizzard Beach. In line for teamboat springs, we are getting our ds, 4 excited, trying to keep him from being scared.
We all get in the raft, he is across from us. As we go down the first dip, he looks absolutely :earseek: terrified! Trying not to laugh, my hubby and I are saying oh this is so fun isnt it nicholis? etc... he looks at us and while his face is still the perfect picture of terror, he says calmly but definitely not calm "Yeah, fun whee". His comment was so filled with fear it was hilllarious! His little voice even cracked on the whee! :rotfl2:
Now as we get ready for this trip he is a big man now (6) and can't wait to go on that fun ride! lol!
gabby

figmentvi
02-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Actually this was at the disney store, around christmas time. A little boy was telling his parents which of the toys he wanted and he, really loudly saud "I want a little Buzz and a big Woodie," and this lady across the store under her breath said "don't we all."

OMG.....I thought I was going to die when I read this. Too funny !!!!!

areno79
02-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Well, this was something I heard, actually my husband said it. He wanted SO badly to ride the train around MK, and just relax. So, we get in line for the "train"...which I knew was actually Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but he had NO idea :) So we're standing in line, and there are these kids, maybe 6 or 7 in line behind us. They're talking about how scared they are, and DH finally picks up that it's a roller coaster (he's a big baby). All of a sudden, he starts freaking out and in a high pitch little girl's voice, DH screams in panic "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!" :rotfl2:
Needless to say, the little kids behind us got out of line fast...although DH still had to go on the ride with me :teeth:

ElaineHN
02-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Not specifically *hahaha* funny ... but kind of funny in a sweet way and it melted my heart ...

Last time I was at Disney was in 1997 very early in my pregnancy with my daughter. As my hubby and I waited in a long slow line for a ride with my (then) 6 year old son, a little girl a bit younger than my son nudged her mom and said with a bit of petulant awe ... "Mom, it *IS* her! She just doesn't have her Snow White clothes on ... "

I wasn't 100% sure what was going on and I tried not to eaves drop ... but eventually the little girl and my son started talking and I smiled at the mom and she then whispered to me that her daughter thought I was Snow White!

I didn't know what to say ... I was flattered (though thoroughly confused) and I truly hoped the mom and dad weren't thinking "Oh my goodness, my child is nuts!" I do have dark hair with bangs ... and I did have a white bow in my not-quite-shoulder-lenght hair ... and pale skin and blue eyes ... but I think that's about where the similarities end!

Through the eyes of a child ...

princess: Elaine

ekmdisney
02-07-2005, 03:21 PM
I was resort hopping and was ending my day at the Key West resort. I was in the ladies room, when a mom and her older daughter (in her 30's) came in. Just as soon as the door shut, mom could not stop complaining about the place. The tickets to the parks were to much, the food was to high; could they find a place to eat somewhere else besides the hotel, or the parks. And the reason the CM at the frount desk could not give them a good map of the area (not just the parks) is because they were suppose to stay on property and pay the high prices to eat there, etc... But the thing that stands out, were the towles at the pool.

Mom had just thrown a hissy because they had forgotten their towels in their room, and they would have to go back and get them. The daughter said that they didn't have to go back to their rooms for towels because the hotel had some there by the pool that they could use. And the first thing out of mom's mouth was "HOW MUCH ARE THEY CHARCHING TO RENT THE TOWELS!" Daughter very nicely said,"I THINK THEY ARE FREE TO USE." Then mom, "THEY BETTER BE FREE! FOR THE AMOUT THEY ARE CHARGING US TO STAY HERE!!"

It took everything I had not to bust out laughing, while I was listing to this. Here is this poor daughter trying to have fun while in the Happiest Place on Earth, and mom was bringing her down.

Sister Spooky
02-07-2005, 05:10 PM
This thread is quickly becoming my favorite! Great stories!

Immelman
02-07-2005, 05:41 PM
yesterday at bag search at MK, a woman behind us asked if this is where they took the tickets. my wife said, "no, this is where they search your bags". the woman turned PURE WHITE, her eyes bugged out, and said, 'oh no, I have sandwiches in here, what do you think they'll do to me'?

not too long ago at Universal Studios a guy looking at a map asked me where the tower of terror was. he HATED my answer. :)

Philadisney
02-07-2005, 07:50 PM
When I was there in December, I was in the ladies room at the MK, and all the sudden I heard a woman say, "Mmmmm. That smells good." Not something I was expecting to hear in the ladies room.

Karen

that is both hilarious and unexpected! :rotfl:

floridagirrl2
02-07-2005, 08:27 PM
We were in the bag check line at Epcot this past Saturday, and the guy in front of us asked the security guard if this was the park with Shrek. The guard had to break the news that Shrek is at Universal :) .

PatriciaH
02-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Today at AK:

Women looking at her map in frustration "I don't see where we get the monorail from this park."

Older lady on Kilimanjaro Safari after our guide says the female lions do all the hunting "So the female lion eats the male lion? I would think it would be the other way around-he gets very hungry." :confused3 The guide also said to keep your eyes open for mandrels-they have faces that look like they have paint on. The same woman says "what is that a tribesman?" :earboy2: When we passed the giraffes she also said "how could people kill those" and her grandson said "just shoot them in the heart with a gun." !!! :sad2: I guess he though she wanted to know HOW to kill them.

lauran cameron
02-08-2005, 03:18 PM

Karen

maybe they were talking about the pink powder soap :rotfl:
i used to loooove that soap. hhaha never thought I could love a soap :lovestruc hahaha.
love this thread!!! keep those tales a rollin' :moped:

CdnDisneyFan
02-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Here is this poor daughter trying to have fun while in the Happiest Place on Earth, and mom was bringing her down.

I feel for that poor girl, I went thru almost that same experience in 02 with MY mom, all she would complain about was the price of things, GRRRRR!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to go thru that kind of thing!!

Jules

lauran cameron
02-09-2005, 08:29 AM
similar, and still as annoying. I'm from the west coast (vancouver, BC, Canad!) and people a) call where I go (WDW) Disneyland and b) call the MK Disneyland...URRGGHH! And sometimes I go through a little speach and other times I feel its just not worth my breath and let it go. Oh well.

oh! you just sparked a thought!!!

When i come back from WDW and say to someone,

:earsgirl: Me: "Oh i just had the best time in florida! *insert ancedote* "

:confused3 Them: "Oh cool you went to DISNEYLAND!!!"

===or===

:confused3 Them: "How was DISNEYLAND?"

:earsgirl: Me: "I was in Florida..." :rolleyes:

:confused3 Them: "*totally not getting it look on their face*"

:earsgirl: Me: "Uhhhhh...*stunned*...DISNEYLAND is in california...DISNEYWORLD is in Florida."

:confused3 Them: "Wow! You're such a Disney know it all!!!"

:earsgirl: Me: "ummmm....yeaaaa...*walks away*" :badpc:

====but to stay on topic====

it is always best when you hear someone at the park calling WDW DISNEYLAND!! Especially while looking at a map and insisting that the word WORLD is now LAND...

Last trip in Thanksgiving we were at the Magic Kingdom and this family with a DD~15 and DS~10. They STOPPED in the MIDDLE of the sidewalk on MAINSTREET and practically HAULTED. Us and everyone behind them literally fell into this domino effect and looked around confused. Luckily we were right behind the family so we got to hear it all...

DS: "Dad why don't we move to the side?"

DH: "Well Stephen I guess people are jsut going to have to be polite learn to go around. After all this is Disneyland.

DD: "It's WORLD dad---"

DH: "No! It say's it right here *point to guide book which clearly says WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!*

DD: "That says WALT DISNEY WORLD"

DH:" *realizes he is wrong* no it says Disneyland."

BWAHAHHHAHA :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

we and many behind us found this so entertaining that we just stayed behind them honning into their chat. Many people were behind us snickering and giggling b/c it did says WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! :earseek:

its funny how people just can't admit that they're wrong...
sorry alpha dad but you've been beat :wizard:

Disney Fool
02-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Okay, I've got one. I think I posted this on another thread, but it bears repeating I think. I was in line for the Tower of Terror. There was an elderly oriental couple in front of me, clearly not sure of what they were doing or where they were. Seems they just wandered onto the ride. We were in the loading area, and the CM kept telling them to stand on the numbers painted on the floor, and they didn't understand him. So he came over and literally picked up their legs and placed them on the numbers. They were so confused and muddled, they kept shrugging their shoulders and looking at each other. Well, the elevator doors opened and we all entered, and of course the couple had to be helped with their seat belts and where they were supposed to sit. I somehow wound up sitting right behind them. They were dead silent during the climb and ride through the hallway. But as the doors slammed on the window and we started to hurtle through space, I distinctly heard the woman yell, (in perfect English, mind you) "Son of a *****!!!" I howled over that one. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :earboy2:

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
02-09-2005, 09:07 AM
I so love this thread- and Disney Fool I laughed out loud when I read that!!!!!!!! LOL

Corporal_Radar
02-09-2005, 09:08 AM
some one asked me when the three oclock parade was....

i told them it was at six...

some tourests do not like to state the obvious....

*sigh*

MinnieM21
02-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Okay, I've got one. I think I posted this on another thread, but it bears repeating I think. I was in line for the Tower of Terror. There was an elderly oriental couple in front of me, clearly not sure of what they were doing or where they were. Seems they just wandered onto the ride. We were in the loading area, and the CM kept telling them to stand on the numbers painted on the floor, and they didn't understand him. So he came over and literally picked up their legs and placed them on the numbers. They were so confused and muddled, they kept shrugging their shoulders and looking at each other. Well, the elevator doors opened and we all entered, and of course the couple had to be helped with their seat belts and where they were supposed to sit. I somehow wound up sitting right behind them. They were dead silent during the climb and ride through the hallway. But as the doors slammed on the window and we started to hurtle through space, I distinctly heard the woman yell, (in perfect English, mind you) "Son of a *****!!!" I howled over that one. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :earboy2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

HomeSweetDisney
02-09-2005, 10:24 AM

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Tower of Fear?! The park with the big, blue hat?! Thunderstorm Mountain?! LOL! That's the funniest thing I've heard all year!

MrTerrorChair
02-09-2005, 11:18 AM
When my wife and I were at WDW on our honeymoon we went to MGM first (our favorite park) to ride ToT. We didn't get an early start, got to the park around 9:30 and had a little bit of a wait. In line beside us were these three friends. The were huge! I guessed they were football players. They had their bling-bling going on and were busy razzing each other.

Well, the one started talking smack well before we even got in the lobby.

"Yeah, this ride ain't so bad. I heard about it. It ain't so bad."

Which of course, it's not...if you like these kinds of rides.

By the time we were in the lobby, it became...

"This ride isn't too bad, guys. I heard about it. I don't think it's that bad."

By the time we met the "bellhops" at the elevator is was...

"Well...this isn't going to be too bad? Is it?"

The picture when the ride was over is priceless and still on our mantle.
Tina and I with wide smiles, screaming, arms up in the air. Well, only one of Tina's was up in the air. The other arm was pinned to her side. The gentleman with the smack going on had his head buried against Tina's should, eyes closed and clutching her arm. :rotfl:

Needless to say, he wasn't talking anymore and his two buddies were on his case from the picture queue to the lobby.

Hah!

redsoxgal
02-09-2005, 11:48 AM
In June of 2000 we took our kids on their first trip to Disneyworld. My son was 3. We hadn't done any research on MK and stood in line ALL DAY! We waited to see Mickey at the fair for hours and the same goes for everyother ride and character. We were finally leaving the park for the day, it was dark and we were all tired. We get out to where we catch a tram to the parking lot and it was fairly empty, just a handful of people waiting but no tram in sight. My 3 yr. old son stops in his tracks when he sees the people waiting. He drops to the ground, lays flat on his back on the cement with his arms straight out, starts to cry and yells, "I'M NOT WAITING IN ANOTHER LINE!!!!!!!" Everyone turns to look and you could see that everyone there felt the same way! It just goes to show you that parents aren't the only ones at the end of their rope after a long day!!

lauran cameron
02-09-2005, 12:27 PM
awwww poor lil' bugger :hug:

DoomBuggyBabe
02-09-2005, 01:34 PM
DH and I were on our honeymoon Nov. 1-7, which also happened to be Jersey Week this year. Mid-week we were in EPCOT wandering around enjoying the Food & Wine Festival. We were heading toward LeCellier for lunch when, walking in the other direction, we encountered a family looking confused. They had fairly young kids, and I think it was their first trip ... or at least their first trip during F&W. The father -- who was rather memorably kitted out in an 80s-style bright red sleeveless henley shirt with metal buttons and a bright red Hogan hat to match -- was saying, loudly, in a VERY North Jersey accent, "What are all these booths doin' here. I don't understand it. They're in the way!"
Cheers,
Q
:drinking1

DisneyAddict_M
02-09-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm a wimp. I hate going down waterfalls. On PoC in November, I remembered the waterfall and I was freaked out. My mother was sitting next to me, much to her dismay. I clenched my eyes shut in the beginning of the ride, held on to my mom with the jaws of life and kept shrieking, "Tell me when it's over! Are we there yet? Oh my God, I'm so scared." I was 25. My dd3 was completely unfazed. The waterfall wasn't that bad after all. ;)

areno79
02-09-2005, 01:49 PM
:rotfl2: These are hilarious...keep 'em coming!

LegoMom3
02-09-2005, 02:03 PM

LOL!!! Oh, this poor woman...She probably could have saved herself a bundle and just viewed the castle from any number of vantage points OUT side the MK!!
Oh, that's so sad it's funny...

Daisy'sMom
02-09-2005, 02:47 PM
My 3 yr. old son stops in his tracks when he sees the people waiting. He drops to the ground, lays flat on his back on the cement with his arms straight out, starts to cry and yells, "I'M NOT WAITING IN ANOTHER LINE!!!!!!!"

This image makes my sides hurt with laughter! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

LegoMom3
02-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Everyone else went on Splash Mountain at about 7 p.m. except me - I was left with my ds (2) and my step-grandson, 5 months. My son was being SO good, but the baby was really upset. My son probably sat there for 20 minutes playing with a small bag of trail mix. He was picking out the parts he likes, and putting the rest of the stuff (basically the nuts) in the little cup holders in the tray of his stroller. Then he'd move them from one place to the other, and back again. In the meantime, the baby REALLY started getting upset, and I'm trying to bounce him on my knee, and at the same time, my son decides he's had enough of this and he's getting out of the stroller NOW. So I'm saying "Please, Elliot, get back in the stroller. Come on Elliot, come on over here and sit, please. Come on, you can sit over here and play with your nuts"!!!

ROTFL!!! :rotfl2: This is THE FUNNIEST things I've ever read on this board!!! Ohmygosh, I would've died!!!

lesroi
02-10-2005, 02:05 AM
This thread is hilarious!

I will add one of ours... A few years ago, DH and I were at Epcot, in the France pavilion, when from behind us we hear a woman say to her companion: "Oh my G*d, is that the REAL Eiffel Tower?!?!?"

To this day, EVERY time we go to Epcot (and that is a lot as we are DVC owners at BWV and have APs) we always look at each other and say "Oh my G*d, is that the REAL Eiffel Tower?!?!?" (We also do it when we go to Vegas.)

:teeth:

Tracy

Grasshoppa
02-10-2005, 10:55 AM
A couple of years ago in the MK, our DD, then about 6, kept referring to the HM as the 'Haunted Mattress'... we still tease her about this every time we go.

Also, that same trip, on our last day before we had to return to work and school, we wanted to head back over to Tommorowland to ride Space Mountain one more time. DD pipes up and says, "We can't go to Tommorowland, we have school!"

lauran cameron
02-10-2005, 10:59 AM
hahaha when I was young I always would pretend like school didn't exsist hoping my parents would forget that me and DB has school too...yeaaa... :rotfl:

I love the posts about what children say they're usually the best hahaha

Once when my brother was really little space mountain broke down.

so they turn the lights on and my DB looks around with a stern confused face and shouts in a very loud voice, "HEY WHO TURNED THE LIGHTS ON!!!" and he kept looking around with the scariest 5yo face I have ever seen! But then he continues his tyraid, "I said, HEY WHO TURNED THE LIGHTS ON!!! Turn them off! Turn them off! Turn them off! Turn them off" and he did this little jiggle dance in his seat with his hands in the air and was wiggling his head and began to sing this song about turning the lights off really loudly in this little kid voice that he was making up. You could hear the other guest in their coaster laughing at him which just egged him on more.

So finally the CM gets on the loud speaker and say's "Ladies and gentlemen please remain seated the ride will continue momentarily...and sir for the sake of us all will you please stop singing-the lights will turn on momentarily.

It scared the BAJEEZUS outta him!!! :earseek: and he did not say another word from then on until much later that night back at the hotel hahaha

jenny2
02-10-2005, 01:15 PM
...so they turn the lights on and my DB looks around with a stern confused face and shouts in a very loud voice, "HEY WHO TURNED THE LIGHTS ON!!!" and he kept looking around with the scariest 5yo face I have ever seen! But then he continues his tyraid, "I said, HEY WHO TURNED THE LIGHTS ON!!! Turn them off! Turn them off! Turn them off! Turn them off" and he did this little jiggle dance in his seat with his hands in the air and was wiggling his head and began to sing this song about turning the lights off really loudly in this little kid voice that he was making up.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OMG... I'm crying I'm laughing so hard! The image is priceless!

My coworkers must think I've going nuts! I'm trying to laugh quietly... but this thead is soooo funny! :banana: :banana:

vmkids
02-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Not on an atrraction, but still a funny thing we over heard... At Christmas we was waiting on Papa Noel in France and there was a group of school kids all in their uniforms waiting too. One boy, Johnny, was a bit excited and was sitting on the presents by where Papa Noel would be talking. The teachers and the other students were telling him not to sit on it and such. (Think Johnny was always the one doing something wrong in that group) About that time Pap Noel's voice could be heard from the present he was on. (speaker from him walking up to the group from behind the buildings) well one little class mate, a cutie of a little girl, yelled in a panic "Johnny Johnny you are sitting on Papa Noel" She preceeded to panic and try to scoot Johnny off the present. By that time we all could see Papa Noel but man was it funny to see the panic of a little girl think Papa Noel would hold her responsible for him being stuck in a box under Johnny! :rotfl:

vmkids
02-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Want to share another little one. Watching the castle turn colors in wishes we overheard a little guy tell his dad "Look they spray painted the castle again" We all laughed and thought, those tricky Disney people making time stop like that just to paint the castle for us. :wizard:

PamNC
02-10-2005, 02:13 PM
You know there's an exhibit now in Dinoland with a huge live alligator. He's so beautiful! Anyway, we stopped to take a picture of him. As gators often do, he had his mouth open cooling himself. As I was snapping pics of him, a family came up and looked at the creature and said "it would be nice if they would put a real alligator in there instead of this fake one." My DH and I cracked up. The family walked off and as soon as they did, the gator moved as if to say "dumb #*$*, I AM real.

PamNC

HomeSweetDisney
02-10-2005, 03:03 PM
hahaha when I was young I always would pretend like school didn't exsist hoping my parents would forget that me and DB has school too...yeaaa... :rotfl:

I love the posts about what children say they're usually the best hahaha

Once when my brother was really little space mountain broke down.

so they turn the lights on and my DB looks around with a stern confused face and shouts in a very loud voice, "HEY WHO TURNED THE LIGHTS ON!!!" and he kept looking around with the scariest 5yo face I have ever seen! But then he continues his tyraid, "I said, HEY WHO TURNED THE LIGHTS ON!!! Turn them off! Turn them off! Turn them off! Turn them off" and he did this little jiggle dance in his seat with his hands in the air and was wiggling his head and began to sing this song about turning the lights off really loudly in this little kid voice that he was making up. You could hear the other guest in their coaster laughing at him which just egged him on more.

So finally the CM gets on the loud speaker and say's "Ladies and gentlemen please remain seated the ride will continue momentarily...and sir for the sake of us all will you please stop singing-the lights will turn on momentarily.

It scared the BAJEEZUS outta him!!! :earseek: and he did not say another word from then on until much later that night back at the hotel hahaha

:rotfl: :rotfl2: That would have scared me too! How funny though! I bet he never broke out in song while riding SM ever again :smooth: ;)

NorgeKathrine
02-11-2005, 02:30 AM
This thread has had me laughing so hard... great stories!
I have a couple to share:

1. My friend and I were sitting in our car at the parking booth at MGM. The car in front of us contained two Asian ladies who were apparently trying to use Universal tickets to get into the MGM parking lot. The poor castmember kept trying to explain that not only was there a fee for parking, but that they didn't have the right tickets. The lady in the car kept yelling in her heavy accent, "We don't know, we're from Tampa! You are gangster! We're from Tampa, we don't know!" So of course to this day any time we make a mistake we pull out the old "we're from Tampa" excuse.

2. My mom and I went into the Emporium to do some shopping. My mom is terrible with names and I found out later she wanted to buy a Dopey figurine. She walked up to a castmember and asked if they had any Goofy figurines. He said yes and went and got her one. Upon presenting it to her she exclaimed loudly and in true shock "That's a dog!"

marypops!
02-11-2005, 02:20 PM
bump!!!
all of these are funny especially the play with your nuts one and theconfused family one
:p
they were funny
:)

russellp
02-11-2005, 02:35 PM
I think it was in 2000 when my sister-in-law, niece & nephew (ages 10 & 12), and I were standing at the rope waiting to get into Fantasmic. The CM’s were holding us there to see how many seats were still available, it ended up being SRO. An Asian guy pushed his way to the front and tried to talk his way into the “theater”. He said he had been separated from his group and he knew they were in there and could find them. The CM wouldn’t let him through, despite his pleadings. Finally the guest shouted to the CM, “You Sir, Are On Ahhhsss H*le”. Whenever we see my sister-in law and somebody does something rude we have to tell this story.

ekmdisney
02-11-2005, 02:58 PM
This one just popped into my head. It's funny, yet sad at the same time. It was during my DL trip in 2000.

I was at a little stand that had some postcards. While I was looking I saw this 40ish looking guy standing there to side, and to me it looked like he was talking to himself. So I kinda moved away from him. Then I noticed that he had an ear piece that was connected to his cell phone. And I can tell you he was deep into conversation. He could care less that he was just a few steps away from the line that would take him onto Splash Mountain.

Then this little boy came over (about 6-7 years) and started trying to give his dad a hug. The dad just kinda pulled him off of him, and just keeped on talking. Then the little boy was "Dad, are you on the phone?" Dad just keep on talking. Then the little boy,"DAD! GET OFF THE PHONE! WE'RE IN DISNEYLAND!!" But dad just keep on talking on that stupid phone.

Exp.626Stitch
02-11-2005, 03:14 PM
We just got back this morning and we heard some pretty funny things but two that stick out right now is when we were on the bus to MK from CSR. This women infront of us was talking to her husband when we drive by the Wilderness Lodge. She turns to him and is all excited because she loves this resort. She goes to him " Hey look it's the Wilderness Lodge, it's like this lodge that's in the Wilderness". Wow!! What a great discription.... hence the name "Wilderness Lodge" The same women than asks her two little boys if when the bus stops at the MK if they want to take the boat or the monorail to the MK??? Where did she think the bus we were on was taking her???

Another one was when we were going to MGM and we were driving by the Swan and Dolphin and this lady yells accross the bus to her mother "Hey Mom look it's the Grande Floridian. I've stayed there tons of times" When did the Grand Floridian Move?? and when did they add huge structures of a Swan and Dolphin???

I just want to scream when I hear people make these comments

shatzjsl
02-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Then the little boy,"DAD! GET OFF THE PHONE! WE'RE IN DISNEYLAND!!" But dad just keep on talking on that stupid phone.

Now, see, I don't think anybody is so important that they can't take some time off to be with the family. Maybe they think they are, but they aren't. Leave the stupid phone at home or only use it at night as the family is winding down.

jessboo
02-11-2005, 03:48 PM
these are really funny, esp. "i lost my mum, and my dad, and both my brothers" pmsl! :teeth:

i've only been once but it's provided years of entertainment. i was with 2 other girls and our ride cycle fell into step with this group of lads. anyway, after a few times of getting onto rides to see them in the car in front, we started talking to them. one of the was in a wheelchair and they explained that he was paralysed and was having an operation the next day. then they asked if we'd be in a photo with him. of course we said yes, and my friend jane plonked herself down in his lap. then she jumped up and said really loudly, "oh my god i'm so sorry, i must have really squashed your legs. did i hurt you?" i was like, um, jane, the guy's paralysed :blush: fortunately they saw the funny side!
we've never let her forget it.

CourtasanSatine
02-12-2005, 02:15 AM
Bump,these are too funny :)

marypops!
02-12-2005, 07:54 AM
not so funny that you can laugh your head off but on out 4th trip to "the world" we watched wishes and have seen the tinkerbell part in the other fireworks parts but when she came this time my sister pointed to her and said "whats that" i haven't noticed that until we watched it and we heard in the background her saying whats that
we just laughed but it's not as funny as the others so oh well

MinnieM21
02-12-2005, 09:36 AM
not so funny that you can laugh your head off but on out 4th trip to "the world" we watched wishes and have seen the tinkerbell part in the other fireworks parts but when she came this time my sister pointed to her and said "whats that" i haven't noticed that until we watched it and we heard in the background her saying whats that
we just laughed but it's not as funny as the others so oh well

:rotfl: "What's that?" :rotfl:

marypops!
02-13-2005, 05:11 AM
bump
everyone
bump
this
bump
thread
bump
so
bump
I
bump
bumped
bump
it
bump
back
bump
up
bump
:)

MinnieM21
02-13-2005, 09:49 AM
BUMP! :Pinkbounc These stories are great! :cool1:

BabkaGal
02-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi!

Well, this happened a few years ago when I was on a Spring Break trip with some college friends. We were trying to find some souvenir shot glasses to bring back from Disney, and we went into a nice souvenir shop on Main Street in MK.

We asked for the shot glasses, and a nice grandfather-looking CM knowingly chuckled and said "Oh no, Disney doesn't sell shotglasses, but we do have some beautiful *toothpick holders*!" We were confused, but when we saw the toothpick holders, they were the same size and shape as shotglasses! Apparently Disney didn't allow official shotglasses at MK (or at least at that shop), but the different name for the item was a convenient way to cover up that fact! We thanked the wise CM immensely, and bought 6 of them. :earboy2:

--Babka Gal
PS: If you can still find them, the glasses are great! Clear glass with frosted glass Mickey ears on them. :teeth:

MinnieM21
02-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi!

Well, this happened a few years ago when I was on a Spring Break trip with some college friends. It was We were trying to find some souvenir shot glasses to bring back from Disney, and we went into a nice souvenir shop on Main Street in MK.

We asked for the shot glasses, and a nice grandfather-looking CM knowingly chuckled and said "Oh no, Disney doesn't sell shotglasses, but we do have some beautiful *toothpick holders*!" We were confused, but when we saw the toothpick holders, they were the same size and shape as shotglasses! Apparently Disney didn't allow official shotglasses at MK (or at least at that shop), but the different name for the item was a convenient way to cover up that fact! We thanked the wise CM immensely, and bought 6 of them. :earboy2:

--Babka Gal
PS: If you can still find them, the glasses are great! Clear glass with frosted glass Mickey ears on them. :teeth:

:rotfl: :rotfl: "Toothpick Holders" :rotfl2:

MidgeD79
02-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Our first trip to WDW was in1990 and we stayed at the CBR. WE told the kids about the main pool and the kiddie (quiet) pools. The next day my then 5 year old asked when he could go to the cat pool! We never let him forget it and it's one of our favorite memories of Michael(1985-2003).

gw_lit
02-13-2005, 08:22 PM
After taking our 2 boys (5 &2) to WDW for the first time, we asked the oldest which park was his favorite... his reply "Apricot.... and Test Track was the coolest ride." We all still laugh about this one.

ladysoleil
02-13-2005, 09:46 PM
--Babka Gal
PS: If you can still find them, the glasses are great! Clear glass with frosted glass Mickey ears on them. :teeth:[/QUOTE]

Cool. I definitely need to find some nice "toothpick holders" when we're there!

Jon99
02-13-2005, 10:01 PM
My favorite, and unfortunately said by my mother on our wedding week.. We were waiting in the lobby of the WL for the rest of our group, this is during the character meet and greets from a few years ago.. She wasn't paying attention and her feet got tied up with the feet of one of the Chipmonks.. All I hear her say is "That son of a b#&ch tried to trip me"... :earseek:

julie_yet
02-13-2005, 10:10 PM
My favorite, and unfortunately said by my mother on our wedding week.. We were waiting in the lobby of the WL for the rest of our group, this is during the character meet and greets from a few years ago.. She wasn't paying attention and her feet got tied up with the feet of one of the Chipmonks.. All I hear her say is "That son of a b#&ch tried to trip me"... :earseek:
LOL!!!! :rotfl: That's hilarious!

NotUrsula
02-13-2005, 10:27 PM
WE told the kids about the main pool and the kiddie (quiet) pools.

I always thought it was the other way 'round -- the pools WITHOUT the kids are the quiet pools! ;)

TDC Nala
02-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Just this morning I heard a mother explaining to her child that the monorail warning "Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas" was for people who only spoke Swedish.

CourtasanSatine
02-15-2005, 02:31 AM
bump,this thread is too funny

LindsayDunn228
02-15-2005, 05:35 AM
I just got back this past Saturday and I have a few.

On the bus to the MK a woman was explaining the Monorail to what looked like her granddaughter. She explained that the Monorail was EXCLUSIVE to the MK. I smiled to myself. Sorry lady, WRONG!

We were watching Wishes after eating at the CG. This guys was standing w/ his kids beside me. He had a drink in his hand and was acting like he'd already had a few, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the kids were watching the castle change colors (before Wishes started) and asked what was inside the castle. "Nothing," he said. "You just walk through the middle of it and come out the other side." He was close enough to me and I said, "There's actually a restaurant inside called "Cinderella's Royal Table," and told him some of the things they serve. He was shocked!! It's so funny. We seasoned DISers always assume everyone knows these kind of things.

I will be posting on the trip board, the restaurant board, and the resort board about my trip here in a little while. I have a TON to write!

GOOFYFREEK
02-15-2005, 07:07 AM
NO NO I got one. While standing in line for Space Mountain. Lady says to hubby, this must be a new ride cause it looks like everyone wants to ride it.

Jan3571
02-15-2005, 07:29 AM
This was several years ago... We were on the resort monorail from the GF to TTC, and there was a guy with his family and he was telling them, rather loudly, all about how his favorite park was ECPOT. We still jokingly call it ECPOT to this day. It's amazing how some folks either have no idea how loudly they talk or think we all want to hear what they have to say.