PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Breakfasts & Snacks

robinb
11-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Hi everyone! I've been doing Atkins/Low Carb for a few months. The weight is coming off slowly, but that's OK with me. I began eating a *lot* of eggs for breakfast because they were easy. Just microwave some bacon and scramble a couple eggs and I was done. After a few months of this I began to feel a little nautious after eating the eggs. I hadn't been a big egg fan to begin with, but now I needed to find something else to eat for breakfast. I really liked the Mock Danish (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=439700) (though I added 2 T of flax to this recipe), but I thought it was taking too much time with the two-stage mixing and microwaving. I wanted something faster.

So, I found this recipe a couple weeks ago and I love it! LC Microwave Flax Bread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=682406) I have eaten it almost every morning and sometimes for a snack with peanut butter.

Does anyone have any easy LC breakfasts they love? How about snacks? I need to lose another 15 pounds :).

kathymc
11-16-2004, 04:21 PM
I really like the Atkins Cereals with Carb Options for milk (bluberry is my favorite) I haven't found any other cereals that I like. Thier breakfast bars (chocolate chip) are pretty good also.

snacks are hard - usually a low carb bar, a slice of cheese or a pickle!

sha_lyn
11-17-2004, 05:00 PM
I love the mini carb or ketos hot cereals. The Eggo LC waffles are wonderful too. I've been having them lately. 1 waffle with either a tbs of LC apricot preserves or 1/2 cup of frozen berries.

ahutton
11-19-2004, 05:31 PM
I like the mock danish too, and for work days I make a couple in advance. I'll soften the cream cheese, add the other stuff and then scramble in my eggs and put it in the fridge. Then I grab a bowl and put it in my cooler as I'm leaving for work. Another one I like is 2 slices of low carb bread with peanut butter and Smuckers low sugar jelly and have coffee with half and half. I've also had the Blue Bunny yogurt and a bar as a meal, it also has been good for me. For snacks I'll have a mini Blue Bunny yogurt and an ounce of peanuts or cashews.

FWIW - I'm not actually doing a "low carb diet" as I'm pregnant (32 weeks tomorrow!) but I have gestational diabetes so I've been living low sugar/sugar free.

nativetxn
11-26-2004, 01:54 PM
I often eat leftovers from dinner for my breakfast. I can only eat so many eggs :)

I added this to our Low carb recipe index.