PDA

View Full Version : Would really like to join you all...

dreams4disney
11-15-2004, 08:17 AM
If you don't mind. I would really like to start living healthy. I want to loose wait eat better and just over all have a healthy lifestyle. I think the board will help encourage.

A bit of info I am 27 and I have 4 children. There is a strong history of heart disease on both mother and farthers side. Last I weighed myself I wsa 210. EEK! I hate to admitt that to anyone. But I think I have to say it out to make it real to myself. My Goal is to try to loose at least 5 lb's per month. Is that OK? Is it not enough or to much? I don't want to set my limits to high or I will get discouraged. Our next rip to Disney 12/10/05. I would like to be on my way to better health by then. What do you all think?

Bobbie Ann

NCRedding
11-15-2004, 10:12 AM
welcome to the Wish board. You've come to the right place. I think that 5 lbs per month is a reasonable goal. I weigh more than you, and find that I can easily lose when I first start, but then it slows.

I don't always take part, but there are often several challenges going on--check the boards and see if there are any that interest you. You'll find everyone here is very supportive.

good luck and keep posting

ZerasPride
11-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Another welcome to WISH Bobbie Ann!

This is a great place to come for encouragement. Some people find keeping a journal helps. I stopped keeping one about 2 months ago and I really miss it now. It helps to work out the "emotional" side of why we overeat. I think I might start journaling again. Anyway back to you, I think I 5 pounds per month is a reasonable goal. Like NCRedding, I have found that my loss has slowed considerably as I get closer to goal. I'm losing more inches now but I would say that I was losing anywhere from 5 to 10 pounds per month in the early stages.

You can do this! We are here to support you. Please post often so we can get to know you better. You can reach your goal and this is a great place to keep focused on losing weight.

I hope you plan on incorporating some type of exercise into your routine. That helps so much. When I first started a year ago, I was riding my stationary bike several times per week for about 20 minutes. Now I use the Firm tapes for 30-55 minutes per day, 6 or 7 days per week. You will be surprised at how fast you can build up your stamina and a love for working out once you get started.

Princess Michelle
11-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Hi Bobbie Ann! Welcome to WISH! :)

I think 5lbs. a month is a totally reachable goal if you exercise and stay on a good eating plan. :)

I'll second Lisa's comment about journaling, it really does help a lot! I've done so much better since I committed to writing in mine every day. Sometimes I have a lot to write in it, sometimes not so much but it keeps me accountable. Not to mention the wonderful support from all the posters who stop in and encourage you.

Best of luck to you! :)

dreams4disney
11-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Thank you all for the replies. I am looking forward to being part of the WISH board. I have been walking for a while but not every day or on any routine. I am thinking of Curvs. I joined Ladlies Only about 4 years ago. I did not last long. Shame on me! I felt a bit overwhelmed. Before I had my first child I was 124. With my second I was 155 and then after the third I was 175. I have been 210 since after my fourth. I am 5'6. I am at the point that I am not happy with myself and want to do something about it. No one can make me happy with myself but me. I let myself go now I want to be happy and healthy again!

I will start a journel. That sounds like a good idea. Do you all do that in a notebook or online?
Thank you all so much!

Bobbie Ann

harvey
11-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi there Bobbie Ann,

I'm new here too....I started at 212, and am down 30#s. I would like to lose about 40 more. I'm 37 with 6 kiddos, so my weight loss has been VERY slow, discouragingly so. I am on Weight Watchers, but after a few weeks when I'm due to renew, I think I"ll just do it online.

I am also doing the 8 Minutes in the Morning routine (weights), and will add in some aerobic workout videos 3X a week soon.

Welcome, and be encouraged. There are many here who are walking the same road before you.....

NCRedding
11-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Bobbie Ann: I have journaled in the past in a notebook, but now I try to use the journal feature on this forum--it helps me at work, where I wouldn't have access to the notebook. I would try out different things until I found something that worked for me.

JustMe28
11-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Welcome to WISH, Bobbie Ann!! :jumping1:

Tiger Lily 03
11-15-2004, 07:34 PM
I just thought I wold add my Welcome to the WISH boards.

You will find that folks here are quite supportive. Good luck in your journey.

chrismiss56
11-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Welcome to our little family:wave: :wave:

This is a really nice group of people you understand what you are going through!!

Stick with it and your life will change:sunny:

Have a magical Disney Day!!::MickeyMo