PDA

View Full Version : I hurt myself again!

CDoobee
11-14-2004, 06:54 PM
I got excited after getting my packet yesterday and decided to try training again. I've had so many setbacks this year...disc problems, sciatica, broken rib, hip problems, shoulder problems, etc. etc. etc. It seems like everytime I try to start training, I hurt myself!:(

I've come to the conclusion that there's no way I can walk the half-marathon. :( But, decided since I'm going anyway, I can at least start the race and walk as far as I can. I thought if I started training now, I could maybe at least do 1/2 of the 1/2!

So, I took a walk today. First I walked the dogs up and down the street, then around the block. I dropped them at home and walked to a nearby shopping center (about one mile). Then I took the long route home (maybe 2.5 miles?). I know this isn't much to all of you who have been training all along, but for me it was pretty good! Until....about 3 houses from home, I fell! I sprained (or broke) my foot and sprained (or broke) my rib, along with various scrapes and bruises. So, here I go again! :mad:

By the time these injuries are better (and hopefully my foot and back will stay okay), and I can start walking again, it will almost be January!!

Maybe my goal should be to walk 1/2 of 1/2 of the 1/2!!!:p :p

Debbie:earsgirl:

Princess Michelle
11-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Have you thought about making yourself a jog suit from bubble wrap? ;)

I'm sorry you've had such a bad time with the injuries, especially ones so severe. I love your determination though. I hope you mend quickly and make it to the marathon. :hug:

Be careful!

CDoobee
11-14-2004, 07:53 PM
OW! You made me laugh:tongue: and it hurt! :earseek:

I wish I could get a bubble wrap jog suit, though!! :teeth:

My father asked if I wanted to borrow a walker he's no longer using.:p Can you just see that? Me hobbling along in the 1/2 marathon with a walker!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

geetey
11-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Oh Debbie! I am so sorry about your fall and injury!

:hug: to you. Please take care of yourself! Even a Donald medal isn't worth getting injured for. Slow, Slow, slow is the way to go.

Feel better!

wtpclc
11-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Well, I was going to suggest a tread mill, but the Jetson's comes to mind. I'll have to second the bubble wrap.

I hope you heal quickly!

nativetxn
11-15-2004, 03:20 PM
OUCH, Debbie! I hope your injuries are 100% healed very soon.

At least you will be able to do part of the marathon and meet up with DISers. Wish I could be there.

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie.

Katholyn

CDoobee
11-17-2004, 01:34 PM
I wish you were going to be there too, Kath!! :(

Well, I hope I can still participate with all you WISH Walkers in any get-togethers you might have. So many new people to meet!! Depending on how I feel by then, I will possibly still try to at least start the half-marathon.

One way or another, I'll be at WDW in January!!