PDA

View Full Version : Oh Tyler, yet another question...


Babyfatt
11-14-2004, 01:16 PM
I know you're in te purples now but your knowledge is so valuable here I have another question for you.

This regards park passes. I've read several times Dissers reminding Dissers to be sure to photo copy their park passes.

Is this recommended for those staying at a WDW resort (Pop) as well? I mean, if I lose the "Keys to the Kingdom" card can I just go back to Pop's front desk and verify I'm a guest and get a new one?

What about the parks Guest Services, can I go there and receive a new card if they verify with Pop that I am a guest?

Thanks Tyler!!!

stacy6552
11-14-2004, 01:25 PM
if you got an all-enclusive package, room and passes, it will be tied into your room key. So yes if you loose it, they can replace it.

Minnie&Nana
11-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Babyfatt
I mean, if I lose the "Keys to the Kingdom" card can I just go back to Pop's front desk and verify I'm a guest and get a new one?

When we took the "Keys to the Kingdom Tour" we did not have any kind of card, other than a reservation number. When you show up for your tour they just ask your name and have a name tag ready for you. If you have to get into MK for an early tour just have your reservation # with you on a piece of paper - I did not have to show the #, but I had it with me just in case.

Hope this helps!
:wave2:

betterlatethannever
11-14-2004, 02:34 PM
I think what seems confusing to people is your use of the term "Keys to the Kingdom" card.

I wouldn't doubt that in some literature, getting a package with UPHs, the room card is identified as "Keys to the Kingdom Card"

If you have UPHs, your room key card will also be your admission media. So, yes, if you lose that card, you can easily get a new one. Carry your WDW reservation number with you for easy confirmation.

What the DISers are talking about are the PH, PHP, AP and PAPs which are separate from the room key card. Carrying a copy of the card or the numbers on the card wil help WDW give you a replacement if you lose them.

I hope I didn't comfuse things more;)

Ed

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Babyfatt
I know you're in te purples now but your knowledge is so valuable here I have another question for you.

This regards park passes. I've read several times Dissers reminding Dissers to be sure to photo copy their park passes.

Is this recommended for those staying at a WDW resort (Pop) as well? I mean, if I lose the "Keys to the Kingdom" card can I just go back to Pop's front desk and verify I'm a guest and get a new one?

What about the parks Guest Services, can I go there and receive a new card if they verify with Pop that I am a guest?

Thanks Tyler!!!

If you're staying at a Disney Resort, and you lose your Key to the World, it can easily be replaced after showing proper photo ID. Your Key to the World can include your room key, resort ID, park admission, and charging privledges. You do not need to photocopy these, or write down any numbers.


If you purchase park tickets separate from your Key to the World, that's another story. I'm not 100% sure on Guest Relations exact policies on replacing ticket media, but at Pop, this is what we did. When we sold tickets, we would also print out a reciept of the entitlement numbers. If the guest were to lose the tickets, the entitlement numbers from the reciept would be able to allow Guest Relations to re-issue the tickets. I'm assuming photocopies of the tickets might work, ***BUT*** I do not know.

Ticketing is a hot topic around Disney, and there are lots of rules and regulations that are STRICTLY enforced. All this is thanks to the used ticket scams on 192... Disney has really cracked down.

At any rate, Guest Relations would have the bottom line on ticket replacement... but as long as you're staying at a Disney resort, and have everything on your Key to the World card, it's easily replaceable as long as you have photo ID. :)

jessiangel
11-14-2004, 05:57 PM
After learning about these boards last year I made a copy of my PHPs before we got to WDW. After drilling it into my family's heads DO NOT LOSE their passes, I lost mine! I brought the copy of the ticket to the TTC and it only took a few minutes and I had a new ticket. Very convenient and I don't know what I would have done had I not found these boards!

Babyfatt
11-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks all!!!

I meant Key to the World. I knew it was "Key - something".

Sorry I confused you BaciBecky.

Now I just hope I won't lose my driver's license. :rolleyes:

DVCconvert
11-14-2004, 06:30 PM
If you purchase park tickets separate from your Key to the World, that's another story. I'm not 100% sure on Guest Relations exact policies on replacing ticket media,

I can address this....


In a best case situation, you should have a photocopy of the back side of your ticket (AP/PH/PHP etc). With that, simply go to a Guest Relations desk, tell them what happened, and they can replace your ticket media! :)

Minnie&Nana
11-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Babyfatt
Thanks all!!!
I meant Key to the World. I knew it was "Key - something".
Sorry I confused you BaciBecky.



I am easily confused!!! :rolleyes:

WEDWDW
11-14-2004, 07:02 PM
I think,that with APs and PAPs,all you need is a photo ID because they are issued in your name.I don't think you would need a photo-copy to have them replaced.Is this correct?

BC
11-14-2004, 07:36 PM
after we arrive at the AKL, where can we make copies of them? I have mine already, but everyone else in our party is getting theirs when we arrive. Is there somewhere on property that has a copier? I am sure the front desk would not appreciate everyone asking for copies of their passes.

music777.com
11-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Use the business center in the AKL. I believe they have one. It would have a copier and a fax among other things.

J.J.

SnackyStacky
11-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by BC
after we arrive at the AKL, where can we make copies of them? I have mine already, but everyone else in our party is getting theirs when we arrive. Is there somewhere on property that has a copier? I am sure the front desk would not appreciate everyone asking for copies of their passes.

If you purchase Annual Passes, you don't need to make a photocopy.

If you lose it, or it is destroyed somehow (putting it through the washing machine... ;) ), simply stop at Guest Relations, and show the photo ID you used to get the passes.

It's tied to your name, so they can find it without the serial numbers on the back. :)

insmom
11-15-2004, 08:02 AM
I know that I have seen in the past that you can mail a package to your resort the week before you go. Tyler, or anyone else that would know this answer, what are the steps to take to be sure it gets there and they hold it at the POP for us? Do I call them that week before I send the package? I want to be sure it gets there and it will be waiting for us. ::MinnieMo

betterlatethannever
11-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by insmom
I know that I have seen in the past that you can mail a package to your resort the week before you go. Tyler, or anyone else that would know this answer, what are the steps to take to be sure it gets there and they hold it at the POP for us? Do I call them that week before I send the package? I want to be sure it gets there and it will be waiting for us. ::MinnieMo

We do it all the time.

We send it UPS 3 day ground. Mail it on Monday, arrives on Thursday. We get there on Friday.

On the Package I put the Resort address (no P.O. box) which sound be on the back of your reservation.

I also put our name, reservation number and date of arrival.

They don't like it if the package arrives too early because they have little room to store the package.

Ed

insmom
11-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Tyler,

Do you have the address and telephone number that I can call and confirm this info and plan for a package to be sent to POP for our trip. Thanks

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-16-2004, 03:19 PM
1050 Century Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

407-938-4000

Johnfish
11-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Photo copying is a real good idea. This summer was my first trip to the world and in the 5 days I was in the park I found passes at FP machines that people had forgotten on 5 different occasions. It made me quite paranoid about doing the same thing!!

John

insmom
11-17-2004, 07:20 AM
Thanks Tyler I will give them a call this weekend and confirm what I need to do to get my package shipped to them for our trip.:bounce: