PDA

View Full Version : Some last minute questions before we head out...

MrsJ Henry
11-14-2004, 09:34 AM
I was hoping to get a little more information before we leave.
We have heard that you can ask for a coffee maker (AKL and YC)and they will bring you one. We are going to stop and get some coffee etc... we were wondering if they bring you mugs or something. Also can we get cream and sugar from them or should we bring some with us?

Is there a grocery store on the way so we don't have to go much out of our way? ( we are getting a rental from the airport)

Any last minute tips we should should think about?:)

I also want to say Thank You to all for all your help in this last year planning this trip. The Disboards have been not only informational but so much fun!!!!!! What a great group of people. Hope to see some of you down in the Happiest Place on earth!!!!! :earsboy:

P'colaFla
11-14-2004, 10:40 AM
The YC used to have coffee makers in the rooms already. Don't think you have to request one. I don't know about AKL but I would imagine they do too. If not they will bring you one. There is a grocery/drug store called "Goodings". We use it all the time. It's not as cheap as Walmart but oh well. It is in a strip mall shopping center right across from the entrance to the downtown Disney resort area. It's on Palm Parkway which I believe goes by another hwy #535 (I think). If you are driving west on I4 then you will exit to the Right (north) onto 535 (Palm Pkwy) The shopping center is on the right. There is a Uno's Pizzaria and some other eating places there as well. I think there is a Publix pretty close too. Maybe off of Hwy 192 but I'm not sure about that one. Have a great trip!

ctrabada
11-14-2004, 10:52 AM
I believe all moderate & deluxe hotels have a coffee maker (and mugs) in the room; you don't need to ask for it. I know I've had coffee makers at POFQ, AKL & WL. They will leave coffee, sugar, and coffee creamer. I'm not sure if they leave coffee every day, but I'm sure you can ask.

There is a Publix supermarket on the corner of 192 & International Drive. There's another one on 8145 Vineland Ave. just where the Orlando Premium Outlets are located (you can see the outlet mall from I-4). If you go to www.publix.com and click on store locator, search for Orlando. Store #00812 is the one on Vineland Ave/International Dr and store #00570 is the one on 192/Intl Dr. I think the one on 192 will be closer to AKL.

Hope this helps.

snwarf
11-14-2004, 12:09 PM
YC now shows no coffee maker in the room.

MrsJ Henry
11-14-2004, 12:30 PM
I don't know about AKL but I know that YC you have to ask for a coffee maker if you want one.
That's why I'm hoping that when we ask for it they will aslo give us some cups etc.... Just wondering if anyone has done this and what they give you.

Thanks also for the info on Publix... didn't know if there was one right on the way.:)