PDA

View Full Version : For those who stay over Christmas..

dreams4disney
11-13-2004, 09:47 PM
with Children when does santa bring their gifts? Do they go to your home or does he bring them to the resort? I have been wondering what you all do. Thanks!

Bobbie Ann

fanofpooh
11-13-2004, 10:50 PM
We had personalized stockings stitched at a shop at MGM while we were watching Fantasmic. We snuck it back to the room and filled it with small items like GameBoys, games for kids, mugs, earrings, etc for parents and left them hanging on the door knob inside the room. We explained the next morning that Santa and Mickey Mouse delivered the stocking. DS still tells his friends about it. The big packages we left at home and kids found them under the tree when we got home after New Years.

HAVE FUN!

Connears
11-14-2004, 08:53 PM
We drive from Boston, so we usually bring our little xmas tree, ornaments and stockings. When we stayed at OKW, each room that had a child registered got a huge stocking filled with Mickey lollipops on xmas day(that was 1997). We have always gone after x-mas day since then so I don't know if they still do it or if it was just at DVC resorts.
Connears

paigevz
11-14-2004, 10:24 PM
We are bringing a little pre-decorated tree and the kids' stockings for them to hang. On the 23rd, ds 9 is going to Disney Quest with dad while ds 2 and I go pick up the Santa surprises at Downtown. I plan to buy new stockings and fill them, get everything ready and hide in the closet in a suitcase until after they're in bed Christmas Eve, then switch the stockings and set out the gifts. Santa just can't bring to everybody in the hotel, so I am helping him out by picking them up ahead of time.........he's told me just where to go and what to get. They'll get just a couple gifts from him and the stockings, and none from mom and dad there, as we will leave one box each at home for the post-vacation blues. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

VickiVM
11-14-2004, 10:24 PM
We spent last Christmas at BWV and I asked my girls (7 & 5 at the time) to write a letter to Santa before we left to let him know where we would be on Christmas Day and it that it would be ok to just leave our presents at home.

We then had a note 'from Santa' arrive at the Dolphin (where we stayed our first night) that he got their letter and to have fun at Disney.

We also had the kids leave a plate of cookies for Santa at home. Before we left the house, and when everyone was loaded up in the van, I said I forgot something and went back into the house to quickly lay out their 'Santa' gifts and eat the cookies (left a few crumbs).

What was funny was on Christmas Eve Santa was in the lobby at the Boardwalk and the kids quizzed his little elf about him remembering where Santa should leave their presents...we filled in the gaps for her in a cryptic sort of way and she understood and re-assured the kids he hadn't forgotten.

We did take a small tree with our Disney ornaments and put the family presents under it to open on Christmas.

This year my kids are pretty jaded...some smarty-pants in my 6 year old's class is spreading vicious rumors that there is no Santa. I keep telling my daughter "then explain how Santa knew where we were last year and was able to follow our requests??" I don't know...she doesn't seem to believe anymore.

Lollipop Mom
11-15-2004, 02:07 AM
this will be our first Christmas away from home. Since we are staying at Ft. Wilderness with my parents in their RV and there will be 6 of us in it, space is at a premium! My oldest is 4 so this is the first year he really understands the Santa thing and knows what to expect now. He didn't fully "get it" last year untill after he saw all the presents, now he can't wait for Santa! His little brother is excited because he is excited. We will be writing a letter to Santa to let him know that we will be at Ft. Wilderness but that it will be crowded in the RV. We'll be asking him to send our presents early this year. We will do our big family celebration with DH's family the weekend before Christmas and the kids will have their Santa presents then. Santa will be bringing a few presents to Disney too. I ordered Disney stockings and will stuff them with some goodies plus we have a few special toys they can unwrap there.

WeLuvWDWx5
11-15-2004, 10:47 AM
This year will be our 5th year at Disney for Christmas. I have 2 DD's (10 & 8) and a DS (2). We have always told them that we let Santa know that we will be at Disney and that he is to drop off the gifts at the resort where we are staying. We drive down and the packages from Santa are always hidden in large trash bags and put under other things that we are taking down. I do try to pick out smaller gifts from Santa. Anything big stays at home and we take a picture and wrap the picture. My 10 year old no longer believes in Santa, so she is now "in" on the plans.

Santa always leaves the gifts on the balcony of where ever we are staying, and on Christmas morning, the girls always jump out of bed and run to the balcony doors to look to see if Santa found us......and he always does:bounce: