PDA

View Full Version : trying to decide if AP would work for me...

acename
11-13-2004, 02:13 PM
ok here's the deal:

we're going with my husband and I are going with our entire family at the end of may. he and I were also discussing just the two of us going for our one year anniversary at the end of July. but we aren't sure.

here are my questions:

1. if we do decide to go both times, it would be silly not to get an AP right?

2. If we decide to only go the one time, should one person in our party get an AP just for the discounts?

3. Finally, it seems as though the AP rates are available most of the year. Am I correct in thinking this?

Thanks!

tjmw2727
11-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Personally I would only get the AP if it makes sense as admission media only for the # of days your definately going. You can cost out the $ per day on the definate trip by dividing the $ per day on the ap vs the ph or php.

then...

If a good AP rate for your dates becomes available you can book it and get the AP prior to the trip.

I would only do this if it still saves you money. Take the $ per day and then the savings and compare it to say a general discount code and a PH or PHP.

It takes calculations but its not always beneficial to get the AP for the other discounts. It depends on the time of year, other discouts available and the number of days you are visiting.

I would hate to see someone buy the AP and then not get a discount on the resort or for the time frame of your vacation.

Be patient and have that calculator handy.

Have fun planning.

TJ

disneyag
11-13-2004, 02:39 PM
I think that 8 days in the park is the break even point. So, if you are planning to spend at least 8 days in the parks next year, an AP is for you!

The good news is that you don't need to decide now. If codes come out for AP discounts, you can apply them to your ressie and buy an AP the day you arrive.

DisneyMomx7
11-13-2004, 02:41 PM
How many days are you going in May? I think if you stay more than 7 it pays for itself in park admission alone - then you get to add (hopefully) the AP room discount and the smaller restaurant discounts. We buy the AP and take a trip in July each year - we just make the second trip earlier the 2nd July. Since we stay over 8 nights each trip I feel we are really getting a bargain. Between last years trip and this years upcoming trip we will be getting 20 days park admission on each AP. You can't beat that!

cdntourguide
11-14-2004, 03:07 PM
I have been buying annual passports since 1978. It is the best bargain at the world. because of it I go twice a year: typically 14 days each time. The breakeven point is 8 daily visits, so I luck out every year.
As for multiple annual passes in the family: I say yes, everyone should have. You never know when the opportunity comes to make that emergency trip to visit Pirates of the Carribean, and the admission expense is not an issue.
:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :wave2: :wave2: