PDA

View Full Version : DVC watches on e-bay!!

WDWJWEB1
11-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with "our" DVC watches being sold on Ebay? I saw last night a ladies #180 FOSSIL BRAND, and not real sure why but it just did'nt set well with me, I realize it's really no different if I were to buy one and give it to my SIL, but for some reason it just really left a bad taste in my mouth. If members are just buying them to post on Ebay I think that is just wrong!! Anyone else feel this way?

CarolA
11-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Well, I think it is kind of strange.

Why do you want a DVC watch if you aren't a member? And if you are a member why don't you call down and mail order one?

I am amazed at what people will pay on EBAY, but it doesn't really bother me that someone might have the watch who isn't a member.... just think of them as desperate wannabes!

smjj
11-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Whats wrong with it?? I buy much of my DVC stuff from E-Bay and many times get it cheaper.. I have bought stuff from Disney's cruises ships as wellfrom E-Bay(taken two). I have in many cases bought brand new items for much less..smjj

CarolA
11-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Well the people selling the watches seem to want more then list price! LOL!

Coach Rick
11-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I have a friend who will buy anything that has Disney in it. So why would anyone wat a DVC Member watch, because it has Disney in it. Strange I know, but some people are just obsessed with all things Disney. Do you know any? :hyper:

tjkraz
11-13-2004, 11:30 PM
I'd consider the possibility that someone ordered the watches sight-unseen, and simply decided they didn't like them. I looked at the photos closely before deciding they just weren't my (our) style. If I hadn't done that research and bought a set anyway, you may see them on eBay now. :)

Even if there are not extenuating circumstances, what can we do??? People rent points to put some cash in their pockets every day. Live and let live...