PDA

View Full Version : eating when staying at Coronado

tiffanym5375
11-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Where do you find your self eating at when staying at this moderate resort? :wave:

lovethattink
11-12-2004, 09:07 PM
The food court there is awesome. It has a wide variety to choose from. We like the fajitas, rotisserie chicken, caramel flan, and the chocolate croissants.

buckeye
11-13-2004, 06:51 AM
We ate breakfast in our room--kept food in a cooler---and then mostly used the food court. We had Vouchers, so got some really good deals. The portions there are huge, so we often split meals. I ate one night at the fancy restaurant (forget the name right now) and thought it was overpriced! Look into Vouchers!

Buzz2001
11-13-2004, 06:59 AM
The Pepper Market all the time. We love it! You have so many choices and you can mix and match items. It is great. I love the wet burrito (enough for 2)

JFrey4240
11-13-2004, 07:52 AM
You'll love the Pepper Market. It's the best food court we've been to at the resorts. The choices are terrific!

Deb & Bill
11-13-2004, 07:39 PM
We like the sit down restaurant for their breakfast buffet. It's been a while, so I don't even remember the name. But the breakfast was great. Didn't care much for their dinner menu, though.

Buzz2001
11-14-2004, 06:56 AM
That would be the Maya Grill for the breakfast buffet

cdntourguide
11-14-2004, 01:50 PM
the Pepper Market: this is my favourite restaurant in all resorts. The Prime Rib is fantastic.
Say hi to Chef John and manager Dan, plus who could forget the waitstaff.

:earsboy: :earsboy: :wave2:

Carrie772
11-15-2004, 09:39 AM
Pepper Market for sure! We ordered the quesadilla...so much food I shared with my husband and we ordered it again the next night. The whole area looks cluttered, but I think that's the point. The kids loved the pasta with marinara and I felt good about their eating some fruit everyday as part of the kids meal. When we went in Oct. it was almost deserted at night so we got our food quickly.

scotthart
11-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Pepper Market was hit and miss for us. They automatically charge a 10% gratuity on every check because they have servers that come around to your tables, refilling drinks and the like. I did not mind this when the servers actually came by the table, but there were a couple of meals that we never saw anyone come by and we still were charged the 10%. Maya grill was also hit and miss as far as the food quality. The service was very good at Maya though. Hope you have a great time!

Ducky4Disney
11-15-2004, 01:11 PM
It's got to be the Pepper Market! I love wandering around and getting pasta and an eggroll for dinner and then one of those custard tarts with fruit on it for dessert. It's good to be able to mix-match the food! Especially for picky kids (and adults!).

I am going to miss CSR and the Pepper Market. I am staying at my new home for this trip, SSR, but I think I might have to pay a visit to CSR for old time's sake.

D4D

MandaPerry
11-15-2004, 01:59 PM
We are spending two nights at the CSR because we love the pepper market. We spent 16 days last christmas here and fell in love with the resort. its oatmeal for breakfast and grilled veggies and wet burritos for diner for us:teeth:

jonemick
11-15-2004, 04:51 PM
For us one of the best parts about our Disney vacations is sampling all the resort restaurants. Depending on how long your stay is I recommend the following sit-down type restaurants.

O'hanas at the Polynesian
Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club
Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club
Whispering Canyon Café at the Wilderness Lodge
Kona Café at the Polynesian

Note: most of these are moderate to expensive in price.

For us we can't stand eating in the same place twice per vacation, even if it's a food court, the food always seems to taste the same.

stich626
11-15-2004, 04:57 PM
We ate breakfast every morning of our stay. Really like the variety without that ponderosa style buffet. I loved the waffles!! yummy