PDA

View Full Version : Back from stay at POR

my3girlstoo
11-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Used grand gatherings only because we wanted rooms next to each other. Well, they put us in connecting rooms with my brother instead of my parents who had one of my children in the room with them so we were told that was guaranteed. Took over hour to straighten it out. Then my brother and aunt ended up on the other side of the building. So much for grand gatherings, we all had rooms next to each other last time we went down when I did it myself.
We had rooms 1551+1552 in building 15 second floor. Rm. 1552 was a corner room. Not renovated except for new mattresses but very clean. We enjoyed the resort very much. My DD-10 really enjoyed the main pool. My DD's 3 and 5 hated the kiddie pool. Opposite of our POP stay. The kiddie pool was cold and too deep for the 3 yr.old plus it had a hard surface they could hit their head on. 5yr.old put on her swim vest and moved to the main pool. They also enjoyed the playground but it had so many sharp pine needles everywhere just like we found in the kiddie pool.

We received lots of animal towels everyday and after the first day the maid realized we had connecting rooms so she would move our kids stuffed animals from room to room everyday. Kids had so much fun coming back to the room to find out what the maid had done.

Have any questions let me know.

Disneyof3
11-12-2004, 07:33 PM
:sunny:

I hope you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review, were going down in Feb.05 and was hoping for more positive reviews. The main pool is it always full of pine needles and the kiddie pool? My kids are looking forward to the slide and the pool for the stay. I was told a few weeks ago that all the renovations are done, is that not true? I asked for building 27 and hope it is done when we get there.

I hope I made a good choice on my resort!

reedycreek
11-12-2004, 09:15 PM
thanks for the report! now i am bummed cause we stayed there a few weeks ago and i tipped mousekeeping every day and didnt get one surprise towel creation! thats not fair!!! :-)

Ang1e
11-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by reedycreek
thanks for the report! now i am bummed cause we stayed there a few weeks ago and i tipped mousekeeping every day and didnt get one surprise towel creation! thats not fair!!! :-)

Same thing didn't happen to us either boo hoo

hannahryan
11-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Disneyof3
:sunny:

I hope you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review, were going down in Feb.05 and was hoping for more positive reviews. The main pool is it always full of pine needles and the kiddie pool? My kids are looking forward to the slide and the pool for the stay. I was told a few weeks ago that all the renovations are done, is that not true? I asked for building 27 and hope it is done when we get there.

I hope I made a good choice on my resort!

You made a great choice! We stayed at POR for our first time and really enjoyed it. It's great that they have refrigerators and coffee makers. We had breakfast in the room everyday and rarely had to go to the food court. We saw many construction vehicles in the AB area and have heard that section is not done. If you want to be sure to get a fully renovated room, you may want to request the Mansions. The room was like new! I didn't see any pine needles in the main pool. However, we ended up using the pool in front of our building all week. It was warmer, quieter, less crowded and even though it didn't have a slide the kids enjoyed it more. I was even able to do laundry right by the pool as they swam. I would request a room overlooking one of these pools.

I think you will be really happy with this resort. It is now our favorite moderate resort.

::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

my3girlstoo
11-13-2004, 09:13 PM
The main pool was very nice. It was the kiddie pool and the playground that had pine needles everywhere. My kids enjoyed cleaning the needles out of the kiddie pool. We were in building 15 and it was not renovated yet but did have new mattresses. I swear you almost need a ladder to get into bed.

Cinderellagrl
11-13-2004, 10:26 PM
I just returned today from the POR. We stayed in Building 18, which wasn't renovated either. I imagine they're making their way over there...they emptied out building 27 & started working on it during our stay. We also had connecting rooms for a family of six. We spent quite a bit of time at the resort. It's a beautiful resort. The kids swam in the pool almost every night. DH, DSis, DD5 and I took a ride on the surrey bike (more like a workout, but we had a blast). I think I laughed more that day than I ever have. I tipped our mousekeeper also, but never got any towel animals and she didn't do anything special with DD's babies or stuffed animals. I would definitely stay there again.