PDA

View Full Version : looking for discount codes please!!!!!


cavecricket
11-12-2004, 02:41 PM
booking a last minute trip to see the mouse!!!
12/9 thru 12/12
heres the deal , i called cro and got a rate of $77 per night at the pop.
( no discounts)

does anyone have a code????

i tried cbr and no luck either so i had them reserve the pop for me


thanks for your help !!!!

kathylovesdisneyworl
11-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Go to mousesaver.com Mary has all the active codes listed. God luck.

ILoveWDW2003
11-12-2004, 02:48 PM
The only active codes remaining for 2004 are Annual Passholder and Florida resident rates. All public codes for 2004 have expired.

Minnie&Nana
11-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Those will be difficult dates to get becuase mousefest is going on. I did, after much calling, get a room for $49 a night with an email code. Think on another post you mentioned having an ap - keep trying for that night by night and it might come through before you go. Might get one or two at the ap rate and then the other one for the $77.

Good luck!

n2mm
11-13-2004, 07:21 AM
cavecricket, let us know if you find something. We threw together a last minute trip this week also (airfare dropped to $96 rt out of Wash. DC/Dec. 10-13). We called and the ONLY thing available to us (CM rate) was A/S sports at the cast rate. There was absoluting nothing left for that weekend at our rate. We wanted a delux but only suites were left and only at the 25% discount. I'll continue to call back, but am glad I got something. We have an AP too, so guess we should have checked on that discount also. I assumed they were all gone.

Minnie&Nana
11-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by n2mm
We have an AP too, so guess we should have checked on that discount also. I assumed they were all gone.

I had a hard time getting something with the email code because everything was gone by now..first I got POFQ, but then added on some nights and wanted to save $ so I kept calling and was able to build a ressie backwards (thanks to a great and very patient CRO, CM) and now have the POP at the $49 rate.

Hope you get another resort! Hope you get the POP and we'll wave!!!

:wave:

n2mm
11-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks! I took a couple of days off, but will start my calling campaign again tomorrow. It's always funny when the CMs say, no problem, then hesitate and say...."there's nothing available"... (at least nothing at the cheaper price, CM or AP).

justhat
11-15-2004, 12:21 AM
We wanted Pop at the AP or AAA rate, but all that was available was ASMu so we took it. We just booked Wednesday night for December 3rd. I tried to use my e-mail code with pin, but they wouldn't let me and said it wasn't for me!?!?! I'll be calling back tomorrow as I was busy the past few days and didn't get a chance. Really hoping to go back to Pop, but I'll take anywhere at a lower rate.

Minnie&Nana
11-15-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by justhat
We wanted Pop at the AP or AAA rate, but all that was available was ASMu so we took it. We just booked Wednesday night for December 3rd. I tried to use my e-mail code with pin, but they wouldn't let me and said it wasn't for me!?!?!

The email code rate for the POP is $49 for December 3rd! I sure hope you can get it..it was hard to get December with the email code (sold out everywhere) but I kept trying and have all the nights now.

I did get the email code once with someone esle's name, but if it is your email address I would ask to speak with a supervisor. Also, some times the code info does not come up correctly. Came up with only half of my - name, but they let me change it to the second half of the name and dropped the other name completely, so you should be able to use your email code!

Good luck!

n2mm
11-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Tried again this morning and it's not looking good for that weekend (Dec. 10-13). Called the Cast reservation line first and still nothing available (except A/S sports) and a few suites (out of my league). Then called the toll free reservation number to check AP rates. Absoluting nothing available during that weekend except a 1 bedroom suite at AKL.....

Also checked online and NO values are available at rack rate that weekend. The only 2 moderates are CBR and CSR and they are water view rooms. Sounds like it's going to be a busy weekend. As for the deluxes, there are a few available at rack rate--completely out of my range.

Of course, I'll try again as my dates get closer. You can actually call up to the day you leave and if you change, your deposit is moved to your new reservation.

Anyway, I still have a room at the A/S sports (preferred) with hundreds of cheerleaders or whatever big group is there.

Minnie&Nana
11-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Gotta give you credit - I think I'd stay home rather than stay at AS..of course, if you already bought the air...

When I found the change I did so by calling a couple of times a day until it finally became available. I actually thought it was not going to happen so was delightfully surpised last weekn when POP opened up :)

Had the same problem until then - suites at discount, conceierge or rack rate at deluxes.

Still time for those last minute cancellations!! :)

Sure sounds like it is going to be a very busy weekend!!

Know you'll keep trying!

Good luck!

cmonroe
11-15-2004, 12:19 PM
BaciBecky,

You'd rather stay home than stay at a particular hotel at WDW?!
What is so bad about AS that you would make that choice?

As for email codes, are these random? I haven't received any and been registered with Disney for over a year. Does is take longer than that?

Thanks all.

n2mm
11-15-2004, 12:29 PM
To defend Bacibecky and myself, there's nothing wrong with the A/S Sports and I'm happy to get it at 50% off. It's just that it's one of the places where the cheerleading competition groups are being housed. When I talked to the CRO CMs this morning, she agreed with me about wanting to move. I told her I only had one night (the 10th) to deal with it and thought maybe I'd do the MVCCP until midnight, but she recommended alcohol to help me get through the night and she said "it might be a long night". I told her I wasn't sure if I could control my husband around all of those young ladies. I've been there for many groups and am probably overreacting. We'll suck it up. Actually I'm sure to get a giggle from a CM checking me in, when I ask for a "quiet" room. At least we are in the prefered section....hopefully that MIGHT help.

Minnie&Nana
11-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by cmonroe
BaciBecky,
You'd rather stay home than stay at a particular hotel at WDW?!
What is so bad about AS that you would make that choice?
As for email codes, are these random? I haven't received any and been registered with Disney for over a year. Does is take longer than that?
Thanks all.


I know, I'm a resort "snob"...not really ;) After AS opened we went over there to visit and it made me kind of dizzy with all the icons etc..then when I saw photos of inside the rooms I knew I could never stay there.

I like to relax and something more subtle makes that possible. Granted I am back at the POP for December, but it has a lake and last time we could not even see the other icons on the buildings from our room.

No one seems to understand to whom or why Disney sends out email codes. I got a mail card code and email code this yr, but even with that there was a mix-up as the card code was sent to me at my friend's address. Whereas my friend has never received one even though we've gone to Disney together 3 times. Do not think she is signed up on line.

Over the years I have recieved mail card codes, but never used a code until last September and now this December trip.

Actually, they are not that much less and the same as an ap.

....i.e. at the POP with the code it is $49 a night plus tx and with the general public code $55 plus tx..I know every bit helps, but it's not a huge difference. Athough it did help me to staya at GF in September which I never would have been able to do.

So, who knows how it works...:rolleyes:

EDIT: LOVE your attitude n2mm!!

cmonroe
11-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by n2mm
To defend Bacibecky and myself, there's nothing wrong with the A/S Sports and I'm happy to get it at 50% off. It's just that it's one of the places where the cheerleading competition groups are being housed. When I talked to the CRO CMs this morning, she agreed with me about wanting to move. I told her I only had one night (the 10th) to deal with it and thought maybe I'd do the MVCCP until midnight, but she recommended alcohol to help me get through the night and she said "it might be a long night". I told her I wasn't sure if I could control my husband around all of those young ladies. I've been there for many groups and am probably overreacting. We'll suck it up. Actually I'm sure to get a giggle from a CM checking me in, when I ask for a "quiet" room. At least we are in the prefered section....hopefully that MIGHT help.

n2mm,

Please, no need for a defense. I've never stayed there and was curious as to what it could have been to not go to WDW at all.
I normally stay at the CR. I would consider that quiet, so I can see your point.

BaciBecky,

Interesting... doesn't seem strange that no one knows how they pick someone to send a code to? Perhaps I'll start a thread to see if some CM's can offer some speculation.

n2mm
11-15-2004, 12:56 PM
cmonroe, no problem, actually I love CR and it was my first choice when I called last week to get a ressie. It started with CR, then WL, then WL studio, then "what do you have"? A/S sport preferred--the only thing left, so we took it. I would have loved to have gotten into CR. But I do have ressies for CR for a week in September 2005 (call me crazy, I'm the only one in my family that loves this resort--so my birthday--my choice!) I was excited to get 2 rooms in the wing/standard at the cast rate. These rooms go very quickly!

Minnie&Nana
11-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Oh, no, youre not crazy! I love CR too..esp the tower, but even the north wing with a monorail view...

Gotta run or I'll be late for work!

These boards are addictive! :rolleyes:

fam4jc
11-15-2004, 03:21 PM
I am calling today to cancel my weekend trip with my girlfriend - AP rates for Dec 10 thru 13 check out at the CB. I hope someone will be happy! GREAT Rate $88.09 / night with tax.

Give me until 4pm EST to cancel.

cmonroe
11-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by fam4jc
I am calling today to cancel my weekend trip with my girlfriend - AP rates for Dec 10 thru 13 check out at the CB. I hope someone will be happy! GREAT Rate $88.09 / night with tax.

Give me until 4pm EST to cancel.


fam4jc ,

Sorry to hear that. I think anyone of us would be disappointed if we had to cancel ressies.

justhat
11-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Okay, the only rooms available with my postcard rate were suites at CR, BWI or a villa at OKW. All out of my range. So looks like we'll be staying with our AAA rate. Who would think it would be so hard to get a AAA, AP, or postcard rate at any value (but especially Pop!) in early December!?!

Minnie&Nana
11-16-2004, 07:04 PM
I can only think it's due to so many going for mousefest gathering. I couldn't beleive it either when I first tried to get ressies. Nothing at POP until a few weeksn of calling - changes from POFQ to POP last week.

Try one night at a time?

Good luck!

justhat
11-16-2004, 07:42 PM
I think I will try the one night at a time thing. It just seems like it's not worth it, calling so much I mean. Of course, I'd like to pay the $10 less per night that the AP rate or pin would get me, but that's fine if I can't, cause I still I have a nice savings over the rack rate. (Gotta keep telling myself that so I don't feel bad about not having the AP rate;) !!)

n2mm
11-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Persistence pays off! I finally changed my ressies from the A/S Sports for Dec. 10-13 to the Boardwalk. Never stayed there before, so this will be new for us. Got a GREAT cast rate...best rate I've ever gotten. All I can say is WOW!

Hope the OP finally got something too.

Minnie&Nana
11-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by n2mm
Persistence pays off! I finally changed my ressies from the A/S Sports for Dec. 10-13 to the Boardwalk. Never stayed there before, so this will be new for us. Got a GREAT cast rate...best rate I've ever gotten. All I can say is WOW!

Hope the OP finally got something too.


Great news!! Persistence does usually pay off, but it "ain't" easy to be calling all the time! You earned it - have a great time!!

We'll be far away at POP..but never know when we might run into a DiSer near EPCOT!
:wave: