PDA

View Full Version : AKL Concierge - Who assigns the rooms??

lisareniff
11-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi,
We are very excited about going to AKL and staying concierge. I want to make my room requests, but I'm unsure to whom. Do I call CRO and have it put on the reservation or AKL IPO? Who does the assignments?

Thanks

johnsonet
11-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Lisa - I do BOTH. I do not know who assigns the Concierge rooms. I have requested non-smoking room; Savanna view room; Zebra Trail.
Good Luck!

lisareniff
11-12-2004, 01:48 PM
I think I have it down to this order

Non-Smoking
Savannah View
Zebra Trail
Arsuha (Sp?) Savannah
2nd-3rd grouping of rooms

I'm trying to decide if bunk beds are important to us or not, and if so where in my preference order. I have two DD's 8 and 3 who would really like the bunks, but I'm afraid my 8 yo might actually get scared when it came time to sleep there! She had a bunk bed at home but sleeps on the bottom.

stinkerbelle
11-12-2004, 02:08 PM
FYI - all Savannah facing rooms are non-smoking.

this is the one resort where you are NOT allowed to smoke on a balcony. (safety of the animals)

If others have heard differently - that's fine...this is just what we were told when we took the Sunset Safari.

Alice42
11-12-2004, 05:04 PM
lisareniff

I am also staying at AKL concierge in January. I was looking at your request list and what is "2nd-3rd grouping of rooms?" Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am intrigued!

:D
TIA!

lisareniff
11-12-2004, 09:45 PM
laurie,
It's not a dumb question. I really wasn't sure what to call them. If you look at the hotel map the trails are made up of rectangles of rooms that are connected together. Does anyone know what to call them??? The Zebra trail has a total of 7 of those rectangles (or room groupings), 5 on the main hall and two going off to the right.

I thought that I didn't want to be too close to the lobby so the view would be mainly of the rock but not too far out that it would be too long a walk. And believe me it would be REALLY LONG with my 3 yo DD!!!