PDA

View Full Version : Poly for Valentines & my Birthday!

Tabetha
11-12-2004, 09:59 AM
My boyfriend and I just booked a stay at the Polynesian spanning both Valentine's Day and my birthday.
I'm really excited, because this will be my second time staying at a Resort, and my first time at a Deluxe, and my boyfriend has wanted to stay at the Poly since he was a kid.

Is there any point in mentioning my birthday to the CM when we check in?

Does anyone know if the Poly offers anything special for Valentine's Day? I'd love to suprise my boyfriend with something nice.

Also, we've purchased the Silver Add on Plan (we had a taste of it last year when they still offered the "bronze" plan, and loved the choices). He'll be getting in a golf game while I spend a morning at the spa - does anyone know if any of the golf courses are excluded from the Silver Plan? I know he'd love to do Eagle Pines or Osprey Ridge.

CamColt
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
MY travel agent mentioned my birthday when we stayed at the Poly last December. I never expected anything, but hoped to maybe get an edge in getting our room requests met.
Well, we didnt get all our requests met(everything except a balcony) but upon returning to our room the first night of our stay we found, as DS called it, "a party" waiting for us. There was a table cloth on the table, a good size Mickey cake, plates, silverware, napkins, candles, matches and even party hats, tooters and balloons. They also left a Magical Moments certificate for me. It was really a nice surprise. However when we stayed there in July over our anniversary and DH's birthday, and my agent mentioned those occasions, nothing was done.

I would mention it if you like, but dont go in expecting anything. Its better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. :D

Tabetha
11-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Oh, that sounds really cute, thanks CamColt!

Does anyone know if WDW Florists have a website? Maybe they'll have some Valentine's ideas that I can order...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
11-13-2004, 09:17 AM
http://www.disneyflorist.com/

thats the website, have your boyfriend call in to confirm the reservation and mention that its your birthday...you never know, but they might surprise ya with something nice!

have fun! :)

Tabetha
11-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Thanks so much!

I'll likely end up ordering this: http://www.disneyflorist.com/pics/products/09-4086AA:Snack8_1.jpg

Since he's playing golf the next day... Aaaaaawesome!

I love planning surprises!!