PDA

View Full Version : Can I come back?

gshoemate
11-12-2004, 12:04 AM
I have been a bad bad person. I haven't been to WISH in over 2 months.

Lets just say I lost site of my goals and went back to old habits. I found it hard to stay on track. I had all of these things that I was going to do when I lost weight, but for one reason or another, I couldn't make any of them happen and then I got lazy.

I blame our cruise. I went nuts with the food and have been finding it hard to get back on track (since September). I have only gained one pound back but by looking in the mirror, I can tell I have gained some inches. And I went from working out 5 days a week, to maybe 10 times a month. And my body is feeling it.

So, what I have learned is that I need to set realistic goals that I can actually do when I hit my target, and I need to stay away from high carb foods.

Today is my first day lowcarbing it. I did good except I had some peanuts to munch on. But they are better then chips right? Baby steps, baby steps.

Thanks for listening.

yasuern
11-12-2004, 05:45 AM
WELCOME BACK GINGER:hug:
WOW - you have learned a valuable lesson - One day at a time!

I used to have a goal wgt and a date yes a date when I would be that weight:crazy: I realized I was setting myself up to fail and I wasn't giving myself any credit for my daily goals(exercise, stayed on plan etc)

Now I realize I am going to be lowcarbing for life and exercising daily(if possible) and eventually I will reach my goals

I also found anytime I have avoided this board I have not done as well.

So again I say WELCOME BACK! Glad you are here!

Sue

PS

Look on the bright side you only gained 1lb and perhaps a few inches - Now that your back I know you will lose those and more!

Sue

tlgoblue
11-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Hi Ginger!

It seems like a lot of us are in that same boat. Glad you came back and are looking forward to renewed resolve and success! 10 times/month for exercise is still pretty good. It won't be that difficult to throw an extra day/week in there and you'll be right back on track!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Princess Michelle
11-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Welcome back, Ginger! It's always nice to see people come back. I just came back about 4 months ago myself.

Realizing that things are getting out of hand and coming back for support and accountability is the biggest step you can take I think. I wish you all the best in reaching your goals and know that we are all behind you 100%! :teeth:

BTW, peanuts aren't bad on low-carb, just don't eat too many. :)

JustMe28
11-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Welcome Back! It's good to see your name again. :sunny: