PDA

View Full Version : Useful Concierge Information

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

GoofyJoofy
11-11-2004, 09:24 AM
To get us started:

All of Disney's Deluxe resorts offer concierge level service for an additional fee.
In addition to Disney's Deluxe Resorts, the Swan and Dolphin also offer a similar service but it is called Club Level

<center>One important note:</center>
The Itinerary Planning Office (IPO) will not have your address and phone number if you book through a travel agent or online. You should call them and let them know you are coming. Most of us like to make contact with IPO as soon as we make our resort ressies.

The following are Disney's Deluxe Resorts and their common abbreviations on the DIS:

AKL - Animal Kingdom Lodge
WL - Wilderness Lodge
Poly - Polynesian Resort
CR - Contemporary Resort
GF - Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
BC - Beach Club Resort
YC - Yacht Club Resort
BWI - BoardWalk Inn

Concierge Email Contact Information:

AKL: wdw.aklodge.concierge@disney.com
WL: wdw.wlodge.itinerary.planning@disney.com
Poly: wdw.polynesian.island.planning.office@disney.com
CR: wdw.contemporary.concierge@disney.com
GF: wdwgfplanning@disney.com
BC/YC/BWI: wdw.ybbw.concierge@disney.com

Concierge Phone Contact Information:

AKL: T: 407-938-4755 F: 407-938-4759
WL: T: 407-824-2466 F: 407-824-3162
Poly: T: 407-824-2466 F: 407-824-3162
CR: T: 407-824-1775 F: 407-824-3461
GF: T: 407-824-1775 F: 407-824-3461
BC/YC/BWI: T: 407-934-1448 F: 407-934-1487

Concierge Mailing Address Information:
Thanks to SueEllen for posting this information.

AKL:
DAK Itinerary Planning Office
2901 Osceola Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

WL:
Concierge Itinerary Planning Office
1600 Seven Seas Drive

Poly:
1600 Seven Seas Drive

CR:
4401 Grand Floridian Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL. 32830

GF:
4401 Grand Floridian Way

BC/YC/BWI:
1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd.

This is a friendly group willing to share their experiences and tips to make your Concierge trip a vacation to remember.

So come in, site down, and have a treat from our lounge.

Edited to add phone and mailing information.

floridafam
11-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Good afternoon,

Does anyone have the e-mail address for the Contemporary CL 14th floor IPO office. I spoke with them on the phone the other day and forgot to get the e-mail address in case I needed it.

Thanks in advance!:wave:

BCV23
11-11-2004, 04:05 PM
GoofyJoofy, will you please add the GF contact?

wdwgfplanning@disney.com

#1hockeymom
11-11-2004, 07:34 PM
:eek:

#1hockeymom
11-12-2004, 05:16 PM
ARGH! This thread keeps locking itself down with the wrong titles and only one page of posts! Trying to "fix" it again.

SueEllen
11-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Hi guys, this thread is a great thread for concierge information. The personal messages (aka 'lounge') has been moved over to the community board.
Lizard Lounge (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=680943)

The moderators have worked hard to help pull out the great information that you all offer here so that it was not lost. Please keep this thread on topic. Feel free to continue the "lounge" talks over on the Community Board.
Sue Ellen

johnsonet
11-12-2004, 07:59 PM
BT, I hope you aren't too offended! Is everyone OK with moving to the Community Board? I have never visited over there but I'll go anywhere for my Lizard Lounge!! Please don't tell me the LL is no more!:( :faint: :scared: :worried: :sad:

TammiMcMan
11-13-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm getting a little bit dizzy, but I'll jump on with some specific concierge contact information.

So far, I've only stayed concierge at the GF. They have 2 levels of service here, full and limited. You'll find limited concierge in the Sugar Loaf building. Personally, I'd describe the feel here as a bed & breakfast. It's just very homey. What makes it limited is the lack of alcohol with the evening food service and a shortened lounge service. Typcially it ends at 7pm. The main building is full service and much more spread out. Floor balconies overlook the main lobby and the lounge is located on the 4th floor. In the evenings you have a choice of wines (beer is available upon request) and their food service finale are trays of desserts and cordials from 8pm-10pm. This resort offers private check in for concierge guests. Being contacted ahead of time by the IPO department is iffy here. My suggestion for anyone staying in concierge is to facilitate the process by e-mailing them once you have a reservation. In my dealings with this department, they have always been professional.

I'm currently working on a trip to the Yacht Club concierge. So far, I can report that the IPO staff here is outstanding. They have been extremely helpful and supportive with a few last minute changes. The planning packet that I received contained quite a bit of information. They sent along park maps, recreation and resort guides in addition to a pre-planning questionnaire. I also received a key to the elevator, which will allow us up to the concierge floor for private check-in. Unfortunately, we're scheduled to arrive late at the resort and we'll be registering at the front desk.

Tammi

#1hockeymom
11-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Itinerary Planning Office
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Phone: 407-938-4755
Fax: 407-938-4759
email: wdw.aklodge.concierge@disney.com
First, let me say that this concierge experience is considered one of the best by many who frequent concierge level service. Another plus is being able to see animals not only right outside your balcony, but during two get aways that you can only reserve if you are a concierge guest!
The Sunrise safari accepts all ages and goes through the back entrance of AK and onto the savannahs. The tour is very thorough and stops are much more frequent than during the regular ride. The tour ends with a fabulous breakfast buffet at Tusker house for all of the participants. The cost is aprox. 50 dollars per person/ less for children and is held on Tuesday and Saturday mornings.
The sunset safari is for concierge guests 12 and over and explores the savannahs on the lodge property, and ends with a delicious full course dinner similar to a chef's table experience, complete with wine pairings. There is a limit of 8 guests for the Sunset Safari and the cost is 150.00 per person.

Lounge offerings are as follows, but may change at any time:
(taken from DISboards)
Macheo (Sunrise Offering)
6:30am
Coffee and assorted juices

Miamko (Adventurous Awakenings)
7:00AM - 10:30AM
An assortment of fresh fruits, juices, pastries and cereals.

Vitafunio (Safari Snacks)
11:30AM to 3:00PM
Various snacks and beverages

Chai (Afternoon Tea)
3:00PM - 4:30PM
Loose leaf teas, assorted scones, cookies and biscuits.

Kisikusiku (Twighlight Offerings)
5:00PM - 7:00PM
Assorted wines, hors d'oeuvers, and specialty appetizers (provided from the Lodge's restaurants, like Jiko and Boma)

Rehema (Evening Indulgences)
8:00PM - 10:00PM
Desserts and Cordials

The concierge floor consists of 55 deluxe rooms, 17 suites and the Vice Presidential and Presidential Suites. The deluxe rooms are larger than the standard rooms at 381 sq. ft. Most of the rooms are located on the 6th floor, with some on the fifth floor. Special requests for views in other areas of the lodge not usually considered concierge rooms are usually granted.

All this... and baby ankole, too!

THERE! DONE! (and done, and done again!)

Have a LOVELY weekend everyone! *biggiegrouphugs*
Debbie

micmacmissy
11-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Our family is new to Disney. We are staying GF Concierge (Sugar Loaf bldg) in a 2 bdrm suite next month.

I am disappointed to hear that there is limited concierge service and the main bldg is much better--this suite was really expensive and my expectations are therefore very high.

Will there be beer/wine available by request in Sugar Loaf? Am I going to be disappointed expecting first class service?

Are the concierge staff members prepared to handle requests (for example, a child gets sick and needs some Tylenol or something) or should I pack for every situation? I thought there would be a lot of perks to this suite--more than just breakfast and cocktails.

One more question: I wanted mickey mouse ears for all the kids (With their names) to be waiting in the suite when we arrive...can I requested this through the concierge staff?

THANKS from a newbie!

TammiMcMan
11-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Micmacmissy, check with your pre-planner. I believe that for anyone staying in a GF suite, they can use both the Sugar Loaf and the Main Building concierge lounges.

My experience with the concierge staff has been excellent. I've never had a problem arise with needing anything out of the ordinary, so I can't comment on how well that's handled. As for taking care of pre-purchases, you can certainly put in your request with whoever you're working with right now. They'll need your credit card information if it's not already on file with them. If your suite has been assigned, I don't see why the gifts couldn't be waiting for you. Otherwise, they should be sent up right after you check in. I would just follow up with them a few days before you arrive to make sure everything's been taken care of.

Tammi

steveanddonna
11-13-2004, 03:11 PM
great idea, #1hockeymom to post the lounge offerings; here's what I remember from the Poly. I thought I still had my Poly literature, but didn't, so I'm doing this from memory, so excuse my (mis)spellings!

Hours of service for food and beverage offerings (as with the other resorts, offerings change periodically:

7 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. -- Kakahiaka - Morning Service

Whole fresh fruit, orange juice, pastries, bagels, English muffins, peanut butter, cream cheese, jelly and other assorted condiments, cold cereals, milk, coffee and assorted teas. Yogurt and instant oatmeal on request.

Noon - 4 p.m. -- Afternoon Service

Whole fresh fruit, cookies (super yummy oatmeal, chocolate chip, sugar) and other snacks, including gummy worms, Skittles, goldfish crackers, trail mix. Orange-guava juice, lemonade, tea, coffee, bottled water (in large bottles, not individual ones) and sodas.

5 - 7 p.m. -- Ahiahi - Evening Service

Hors d'oeuvres, including vegetable crudites, cheese and crackers, cut-up fruit, and various hot appetizers. Some of the appetizers we've seen more than once are: sushi, vegetable spring rolls, fried rice, chicken & beef satay, Hawaiian pulled pork w/mini-buns and chicken wings. Wines and beer. The beer is sometimes out in a galvanized tub on the counter, but other times you must request it from a CM. Children's snacks include "uncrustables" pb&j sandwiches.

8 - 10 p.m. -- Aumoe - Late Evening Service

Bite-size desserts (miniature eclairs, key lime tartlets, etc. ) and cordials, including Amaretto, Grand Marnier, Courvoisier, Frangelico, Kahlua and Bailey's.

Coffee and tea are always available and there is an espresso/cappuccino machine that also does lattes, mochas, and hot chocolate.

SueEllen
11-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Since we already had a concierge thread I have merged these together. ********** you were told that there was no need to place a second thread with the same information. Please do not continue this.

Sue Ellen

MNTerri
11-13-2004, 05:36 PM
How's the lounge food at the Beach Club?

dreamflight99
11-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by MNTerri
How's the lounge food at the Beach Club? From what I recall...it was yummy! But...not quite as yummy as the CR 14th floor....oh. The hot apps from the CALI GRILL *(Med Pizza...etc) were SO delish! DD wants to stay there AGAIN this summer, but with London/Paris Looming in two weeks, The Los Angeles Disney Magic Anniversary celebration Cruise in June '05, plus the "usual" CL/Suites summer vacation in Orlando...it may prove tough to squeeze it in (Especially since we are extending both the PBH & Disney's Vero Beach (Two weeks) this summer. :rolleyes: But...by the time the summer rolls around...I'll probably have it reserved. :teeth: C'est la vie!!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

SueEllen
11-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Yacht Club 5th Floor CL floor plans (http://www.disneyzone.net/ResortMaps/ycfourthfifthflrmap.jpg)

Beach Club Concierge floor plans (http://www.disneyzone.net/ResortMaps/bcfourthfloor.jpg)

More Concierge addresses and emails:

Polynesian
1600 Seven Seas Drive
email is wdw.polynesian.island.planning.office@disney.com
phone numbers....407-824-2466
fax is 407-824-3162.

Wilderness Lodge (shares the same IPO for snail mail)
but has a separate email
WDW.WLodge.Itinerary.Planning@disney.com

Grand Floridan/Contemporary
4401Grand Floridian Way

email for GF is
WDWGFPlanning@disney.com
phone numbers....407-824-1775
fax....407-824-3461

Contemporary email
wdw.contemporary.concierge@disney.com

Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club is

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club
1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd.
email is WDW.YBBW.Concierge@disney.com
phone numbers are 407-934-1448
fax is 407-934-1487

Concierge for the AKL
DAK Itinerary Planning Office
Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort
2901 Osceola Parkway
email is WDW.AKLodge.Concierge@disney.com
phone number is 407-938-4755
concierge fax is 407-938-4759

SueEllen
11-13-2004, 07:46 PM
I added a link to the Community Board Lizard Lounge (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=680943) for the personal discussions on the first page also so it can be easily found.

Sue Ellen

BCV23
11-13-2004, 07:59 PM
I really like how easy it is now to find info on the various concierges. Thanks everyone. Nice to have al ink if people want to visit with LLs too. Thanks SueEllen.

Donna, you don't have to worry about your spelling for the Polynesian lounge because the sheet from October no longer uses the Hawaiian terms. There are some slight changes in hours too:

Coffee: 6:30-7
Continental Breakfast: 7-10:30
Refreshments: 11:30-4:00
Wine and Cheese Selections: 5:00-7:00
Cordials and Desserts: 8:00-10:00

It was fun meeting you there Donna.::yes::

steveanddonna
11-13-2004, 08:07 PM
thanks for the clarifications, BVC23; you must have received a different sheet though (I think you did check in a few days later) 'cuz mine still had the Polynesian names. That's our Disney - the changes will keep us on our toes! That's why I love these boards - can't get more current than this!

SueEllen
11-13-2004, 08:12 PM
all fixed!

tiggersmom2
11-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone:wave2:

I am going to WDW in Dec. and I currently have ressies for the poly CL GV. I am really banking on this saving me mega bucks for breakfast.....am I kidding myself? Also, do they have beer or just wine and cordials?

VAgal76
11-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Tiggersmom2 - We normally ate breakfast in the lounge. We did eat breakfast twice in a restaurant by choice not because the lounge was inadequate for us. It appears they have removed oatmeal as an option. I don't know if they are bringing this back or not, but I certainly hope they do because I love it! They typically have fresh fruit, danishes, coffee, juice etc. I believe they have beer available but you must request it from a CM.

Have a wonderful time at the Poly! Please feel free to ask another questions that you may have!! :wave2:

Bojangles
11-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by tiggersmom2
I am really banking on this saving me mega bucks for breakfast.....am I kidding myself? Also, do they have beer or just wine and cordials?

Last time we were there they had beer but you had to ask for it. I think ********** stayed there this month so maybe she knows for sure.

Breakfast is just the same pastries, fruit, and cereal. We got tired of that after a few days.

tiggersmom2
11-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Thanks VAgal and Bojangles!:wave2:

I really appreciate the info. - it sounds like breakfast is sparse (I was really counting on the oatmeal for the 2 year old) but.......I just might make it up with beer!:teeth: If BT is reading this, maybe she can get me up-to-date on what the offerings were for last month (or anyone else that was there at that time):sunny:

steveanddonna
11-13-2004, 10:58 PM
tiggersmom2the prepared oatmeal has been discontinued, but you can ask for packets of instant if you can stand the stuff! Yogurt is also available on request. I was able to make do with the pb, yogurt and fruit, with some Kellogg's low-fat granola thrown in occasionally.

Bojangles
11-13-2004, 10:59 PM
I just might make it up with beer!::

:) Cool. I hate asking for it though. Too bad they don't keep it out and re-stock it constantly like they do the cordials and wine. :mad:

tiggersmom2
11-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Bojangles
:) Cool. I hate asking for it though. Too bad they don't keep it out and re-stock it constantly like they do the cordials and wine. :mad:

OK, how much is too much? I am serious. I would probably drink about 4 or 5 on a Saturday night......would they frown on that and brand me an alcoholic?!:eek: :crazy:

Thank You Steveanddonna about the oatmeal - my 2 year old LOVES instant - I'll just bring sugar and butter (do they have butter or should I buy it?) This is my first time CL, can you tell?:crazy:

Steffy
11-13-2004, 11:09 PM
I'm going down for Christmas too! Many moons ago I tried to justify the added cost by figuring what I would save on breakfast. Now I know I am going to just enjoy the lounge and have a place to hang out. ;) ;)

There is no way my daughter will eat muffins for 11 days when the Kona Cafe lurks right around the corner! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm planning to use the breakfast offerings for a quick bite before we hit the parks and then have a really nice lunch. I'm REALLY hoping the Kona coffee will win over my daughter for a few mornings!!! (I mean hey, it is an extra $1,000!)

I know the fruit, cereal and yogurt will be a good start for my DGD... but the Goofy toast will be calling her name. And the tonga toast will be calling mine!!! :hyper: :chat:

Bojangles
11-13-2004, 11:18 PM
I would probably drink about 4 or 5 on a Saturday night......would they frown on that and brand me an alcoholic?!:

Who cares what they think? You're paying for it. It's 5 o'clock somewhere and you're on vacation anyway. :D

tiggersmom2
11-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Bojangles
Who cares what they think? You're paying for it. It's 5 o'clock somewhere and you're on vacation anyway. :D

LOL - Thanks Bojangles, you are right . I just don't want them to think I am being greedy......but I won't be getting any wine or cordials (I HATE sweet stuff:crazy2: ) so maybe it will even out.

Bojangles
11-13-2004, 11:30 PM
the cordials are the expensive stuff so they should actually be thanking you for drinking a lot of beer instead of the Baileys and Drambuie. ::yes:: They will be coming out ahead.

lovesdumbo
11-13-2004, 11:40 PM
tiggersmom2-I was just at Poly last month with my 5, 3 and 21 month olds. My kids loved the mini muffins and the 21 month old loved the pineapple bread for breakfast. One morning I went to Captain Jacks and got an order of scrambled eggs to bring back to the lounge for my egg loving 21 month old. I think it was about $2.75 and funny thing she wouldn't eat them???? I think you'll love the convenience of the lounge. It is so great to have milk, chocolate milk, juice boxes, PBJ's, cookies and fruit just a few steps away. You have to ask for the juice boxes and chocolate milk-they don't keep the boxes on ice but are always very happy to get them for you. They have milk out at breakfast but you can ask for boxes of white milk at other times.

I wish we had planned to be at the lounge more often in the evening. We were only there 3 out of of our 7 nights and found the "running" to our dinner reservations more stressful than "hanging" in the lounge and our kids were much better behaved in the casual lounge where they could sit in front of the TV. Next trip I plan to do more sit down meals at lunch so that a light relaxing dinner in the lounge is enough for us. We do plan on going back to Trails End Buffet at Ft. Wilderness. The food and service were great and the price was right too. The atmosphere was a great break from the parks and I'm sure your 2 year old would love the petting zoo and the horses from Main St are there too. Enjoy your trip!

tiggersmom2
11-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the great post lovesdumbo - I didn't even know there was a petting zoo - both my 10 year old and 2 year old will love it!. Actually we are planning on doing nice lunches at Epcot, MK and CR, so we will be having a light supper at the lounge.:sunny: :wave2:

Ladyhawke10
11-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Which do you think is better... the concierge at Boardwalk Inn or the concierge at GF sugar loaf building?

Thanks for help deciding! :)

Bojangles
11-14-2004, 12:11 AM
BWI. I love the location of the Epcot resorts. The service at GF has gone downhill the past couple of years. :)

Steffy
11-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Hi Lovesdumbo,

Thanks for your post. As you know this will be my first stay at the Poly. :) And my first CL stay. :hyper: :hyper:

I wonder if I can get tonga toast to go??? And that's a great idea about the eggs and Captain Cooks! I really hope I can convince my daughter to use the lounge for some meals.... :sunny:

I love the idea of the kids being better behaved in the relaxing atmosphere of the lounge. And the TV! Just like home!! I also didn't know they had pineapple bread. Sounds yummy.

tiggersmom2 When will you be there? I will be with 2 toddlers, a 7 and an 8 year old.... we arrive the 17th and leave the 27th....

:chat: :chat: :chat:

tiggersmom2
11-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Hey Steffy!:wave2:

We arrive the 17th and leave the 23rd - gotta be home for Santa.;) :D

lovesdumbo
11-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Steffy-we had dinner at Kona the first night and they brought the kids meals out when they brought out the appetizers. My 2 older kids started getting antzy so I asked the waiter if he could pack up my meal (hadn't been served yet). He brought take out containers for the remains of the kids meals and brought my meal packed up and complete with plastic silverwear. SO...I'm sure they could do any takeout. My meal was excellent! Coconut Almond Chicken.

I also saw a couple in the lounge one night with burgers I'm assuming they got at Captain Jacks.

My kids loved the lounge and complained that they wanted to eat there on the 2 mornings we had breakfast reservations (Boma and Storybook Breakfast) and nearly every night at dinner.

Angel16
11-14-2004, 03:31 AM
STEFFY, ONLY 31 DAYS TO GO! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Before you know it you will be there having a wonderful vacation. I hope you and you family are so pampered and spoiled that you all will only think of staying CL in the future.

It is wonderful to stay where people make you feel wanted and liked. Where all you needs and some of your desires are taken care of. A place that lets your senses be filled with wonderful sounds, scents and tastes. Where you have a nice clean room waiting with a few of the lagoon. And little suprises waiting.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Be sure to do a trip report when you return.

Angel :wave2:

Sammie
11-14-2004, 03:44 AM
Just because someone on an Internet forum tells you this is acceptable policy does not mean that it is the policy. Ask Disney when you arrive if you can bring nonconcierge guests to the lounge to eat and drink, and nonResort guests to the pool.

BCV23
11-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Steffy, you can order takeout at Kona. We do it often for our son. You can also oder Tonga Toast, Mickey pancakes, etc. from room service.

In October, there was a sign that said "one alcoholic beverage per person." I had not noticed it before. There has always been a sign stating that you must be 21 to drink alcohol in FL. We enjoy beer too and we always pick up Heineken, water and Diet Rite from a local store.

tiggersmom2, I think Bojangles was trying to be funny. There are signs by the pool and the door to Hawaii advising that they are intended for the use of their respective clientele.

steveanddonna
11-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Next trip I plan to do more sit down meals at lunch so that a light relaxing dinner in the lounge is enough for us. lovesdumbo this is exactly what we do when we bring our nieces/nephew. It gives them (and us!) a mid-afternoon quiet break and we get to spend more of the evening (when it's cool and less crowded) doing fun stuff. When it's just us grown-ups we reverse it and do nice sit-down dinners at the resorts or World Showcase.

SueEllen
11-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Please remember that posting things that are trying to "cheat" Disney and are blatently against policy are not allowed (and even if you are joking others may not realize.)

Thank you.
Sue Ellen

#1hockeymom
11-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Who will be at AKL's concierge this Easter? *Good Friday and the week after for our area*. I am seriously considering adding AKL's concierge in there *I know I should branch out.. I can't! although the location of the Poly is fabulous!* I do know DH wants to go back to USO and IA since we haven't been there since it was only one park. I think we'll be doing a split trip.

Debbie

GoofySuse
11-14-2004, 10:54 AM
*looking around*...will someone please tell me where our lounge is?????

I tried to go to the link BT posted but I was denied access!

*sobbing*...where are my fellow lizards?

#1hockeymom
11-14-2004, 10:57 AM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=680943&perpage=15&pagenumber=3
Here we are! Please help spread the word!

SueEllen
11-14-2004, 11:12 AM
There is a link to the lounge on both page one of this and page 2. It should take you straight to the Lounge on the community board.

Sue Ellen

GoofyJoofy
11-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by MNTerri
How's the lounge food at the Beach Club?

We were there this past August (2004) - We were not around much for the dinner appetizers, but I did see a few.
There was tortelini with marinara, there was a seafood casserole, there was sausage and peppers. Also each night they had a hot spinach (like creamed spinach) dish, and mac & cheese. The hot food comes from the Yachtsman, so it is good stuff.

Other offerings during the day were very good also.

cherylp3
11-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Please note for the Dolphin Club that you should sign the guestbook the attendants may come and ask you to sign the book as well.

Also unlike the Disney Conceirges the Dolphin is only during certain times.

Cheryl

Steffy
11-14-2004, 08:16 PM
angel16 Thanks so much for noticing!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

And I love your new siggie. That baby anklot is adorable....:Pinkbounc

tiggersmom Maybe we will see each other at the Poly!!!

I got an email from Poly IPO. They made all of my numerous changes! I'm so happy.

tiggersmom2
11-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey Steffy!:wave2:

I'm sure we will see each other...I will be the one with the little boy with LONG , blonde, curly hair ( I just can't bring myself to cut it!:p ) and the one hoarding the beer at night time!:eek: :p

Steffy
11-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Hi Tiggersmom!

I'm the one with the annoying laugh with the little toddler with a Donald Trump comb-over and my little princess with her pink birthday princess crown.

I'll have a straw in the Bailey's....

johnsonet
11-15-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Steffy
I'm the one with... the little toddler with a Donald Trump comb-over....

:teeth: :crazy: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :scared1: ROFLMAO!!

Tess
11-15-2004, 09:17 AM
OK, how much is too much? I am serious. I would probably drink about 4 or 5 on a Saturday night......would they frown on that and brand me an alcoholic?!:eek: :crazy:

The libations were flowing very freely during our June stay! Some of the folks there had way more than 4 or 5--it was a rainy night and there was little else to do--then again, when it was sunny and lovely, you had to have some cold ones too! ;) Frankly, I don't think anyone will be counting. The only rule is you must completely consume one before ordering another! That's not the same rule about wine and cordials however, since they are self-service. ;)

Angel16
11-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by lovesdumbo
We do plan on going back to Trails End Buffet at Ft. Wilderness. The food and service were great and the price was right too. The atmosphere was a great break from the parks and I'm sure your 2 year old would love the petting zoo and the horses from Main St are there too. Enjoy your trip! [/B]

Wow, I would like more information on this. I did not know they had a petting zoo or the horses from Main Street. Please fill me in on the food and what the area looks like. We never made it past the main resorts and didn't go anywhere out of the usual for dinners or breakfast. Sound like something fun to do this coming May. Is this were they have the buggy rides?

Angel:upsidedow

lovesdumbo
11-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Here's a link to the menu:
Trails End Buffet (http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_teb.htm)

We thought the food and service were great. We took the boat from MK to Ft Wilderness and then it is just a short walk. If you drive you park at the other end of Ft Wilderness and take an internal bus to get there. The petting zoo is just a short walk away. There were goats, pigs, chickens, and a donkey. They have pony rides for $3. There was a weight limit but I don't remember what it was. And then the barn is another short walk from there where they have the Main St horses. My DD wanted to know if they rode on the boat to get to Main Street.:teeth: There is also a playground. We found it to be a nice break from the parks.

Ft. Wilderness also has the buggy rides and campfires but I haven't done those.

TammiMcMan
11-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Angel, I sent you a PM with some information on Fort Wilderness. I was sorry to hear that you are also experiencing problems with the Poly IPO staff. It looks like Disney's decision to combine staffs has got them stretched pretty thin. You're right though, part of staying in concierge is having the pre-planners make all the arrangements for you. I'm still receiving wonderful service from the staff at the YC, even with some last minute changes.

Tammi

ValerieK
11-15-2004, 03:42 PM
GoofyJoofy

In your first post could you add something that is probably important for some people to know.

The IPO will not have your address and phone number if you book through a travel agent or online. If they don't call or send you a itinerary planning packet then you should call them.

I have been told that they have a lot of people that they can not contact.

GoofyJoofy
11-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Great catch Valerie!

I have gone ahead and put that information in.

PolyHereWeCome
11-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Poly. Concierge

Is there a microwave in there? Is it possible to get a microwave in your Hawaii room? Are refrigerators now standard in Hawaii rooms?

Thanks!!!!::yes::

ValerieK
11-15-2004, 09:49 PM
We had a refidgerator in our room.

I don't remember seeing a microwave in the lounge.

SueEllen
11-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Refrigerators are in the process of being put in all of the deluxe and moderate rooms (they have not quite finished this yet though.)

I don't know the answer about the microwave in the lounge, but I know it's not in the rooms.

Sue Ellen

steveanddonna
11-16-2004, 08:10 AM
Po;yHereWeCome there are toasters but no microwave in the Poly concierge lounge. I know you can have baby bottles and such warmed up if you ask a CM at the counter.

Tess
11-16-2004, 08:21 AM
steveanddonna is correct--there is no microwave in the public part of the lounge area but I would bet my bottom dollar there is one in the CM kitchen. Also, there is a small microwave for public use at Captain Cook's in the GCH. I used it in June to pop a M/W popcorn for my son while we (son, husband, and I) watched the NBA finals upstairs in the lounge.

Steffy
11-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Tess Will they allow us to watch the Cowboys/ Eagles game in the lounge on Sunday Dec 19th???

:Pinkbounc

Tess
11-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Steffy
Tess Will they allow us to watch the Cowboys/ Eagles game in the lounge on Sunday Dec 19th???

:Pinkbounc

Don't see why not--you may have to fight for control of the TV with some of the rugrat section, but if you arrive early enough or beg for control--I'm sure it won't be an issue! Since it's at Philly, I'm guessing it's the 1:00 p.m. game--if so, you will probably have the lounge to yourselves (along with other football aficionados). :hyper:

My greatest complaint/pet peeve about the concierge lounge is the way the TV is tied up by the diaper/toddler set in the a.m. Through the week, I like to watch the news prior to leaving--most often the TV is set to that early after opening (GMA, of course).

As soon as the diaper/toddler set rolls in, a "well-meaning" parent flips the channels without asking if anyone is even watching. . .just kind of grinds me the lack of courtesy for the adults in the room. When my kids were little, they weren't allowed to park themselves on the furniture in front of the TV in the lounge. Further, they weren't allowed to even touch the TV in the lounge. We didn't trust them not to spill and we didn't allow them to do cartoons during a meal. I just hate it when the little ones sit on the grown up furniture with their jam/jelly/p-nut butter/butter fingers, open glasses of juice/milk, and cereal slopping it all over.

Needless to say, as an adult, I choose not to sit on the lounge furniture--give me the easily wiped chairs. Last year the kid pounding (like hammering) on the new big screen lounge tv with messy face and hands took the cake! This wasn't an isolated occurrence--he did it daily and his parents did nothing to stop him--poor Ivette had to ask him to stop--of course, he didn't.

During sports seasons, however, you should have a good deal of company viewing the game on a Sunday afternoon--wish I could be there!

VAgal76
11-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Tess - Did you see this a lot at other lounges? I know you frequent the Poly, but just seeing what I should prepare myself for since I've booked BWI and CR.

I know the kids were watching cartoons at AKL's lounge, but it was already tuned there when we arrived. We had a pretty calm group at AKL and WL including the little ones. I'm guilty of letting my DS sit on the floor with his cereal on the coffee table to watch his toons in the morning, but I will not allow him to make messes. I never thought of it from your viewpoint and I appreciate you sharing. I will strive to be more considerate in the lounge if I find myself in that situation. I can relate to that banging on the TV and sticky fingers everywhere. I know a few relatives that allow that kind of behavior and it drives me up the wall.

BCV23
11-16-2004, 01:45 PM
I have a different take on this than Tess.

Early in the am, the news has been on in the lounge but at this hour it is only adults in there. Later in the am maybe starting at 7:30 or 8:00, it is always cartoons. I've never seen who changes the channel but I think it is appropriate. I would not want toddlers and preschoolers to hear or see what is on the news many days and after all they are in Walt Disney World. Rather have them start their day hearing Mickey's laugh than the latest war casualties or ads for Viagra.

I also think they are cute sitting around the TV having their breakfast. Maybe it is because my youngest is now 19.:D It is not as if there is enough kids sized furniture for them anyway.

Now I have also not seen them making a mess around the TV. I guess I've been lucky. Did see one family one trip whose children made an unholy mess at one of the round tables.

But the worst behavior I've seen in the lounge was from a girl maybe 12-14. She was in the lounge with I think her brother and a couple of friends or cousins (or maybe more siblings but they didn't interact that way). She was behind me in line as I put a couple of vegetables on my plate...she decided she couldn't wait and cut in front of me only to stand there for about 5 minutes filling up bowl after bowl with chili and cheese and nacho chips. She then sat down , put her feet up on the chairs or table and made a huge mess on the table with enough food to serve a small team. No parent anywhere.

This was in the summer. We see more bad behavior at WDW in the summer for some reason. Both my husband and I have noticed it. Maybe the heat gets to everyone.:crazy:

lovesdumbo
11-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by BCV23
I've never seen who changes the channel but I think it is appropriate. I would not want toddlers and preschoolers to hear or see what is on the news many days and after all they are in Walt Disney World. Rather have them start their day hearing Mickey's laugh than the latest war casualties or ads for Viagra.

I've got to agree on this one. My kids would eat at the table with us and then watch the cartoons while we finished. I found it much more relaxing than trying to keep them entertained in a sit down resturant. I think that you can run into parents not watching their kids anywhere not just in the concierge lounges. I've only been off season so I guess I'm lucky to say that I haven't witnessed too much bad behavior though my DH did bring the kids back to the room one night because he said other kids were rearranging the furniture and having cushion fights while the parents sat back drinking.

Tess
11-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by VAgal76
Tess - Did you see this a lot at other lounges? I know you frequent the Poly, but just seeing what I should prepare myself for since I've booked BWI and CR.

I know the kids were watching cartoons at AKL's lounge, but it was already tuned there when we arrived. We had a pretty calm group at AKL and WL including the little ones. I'm guilty of letting my DS sit on the floor with his cereal on the coffee table to watch his toons in the morning, but I will not allow him to make messes. I never thought of it from your viewpoint and I appreciate you sharing. I will strive to be more considerate in the lounge if I find myself in that situation. I can relate to that banging on the TV and sticky fingers everywhere. I know a few relatives that allow that kind of behavior and it drives me up the wall.

I don't recall it being an issue anywhere other than Polynesian and it's only been an issue there over the last two visits. I recall there being a fair number of little ones at BC one year, but they were parked in front of a video in the lounge (afternoon, not a.m.). The set-up there is a bit different in that the "furniture/TV" area is quite small as is the lounge in general.

So, I guess my answer is no--I sure don't have any specific negative experiences at the other CLs and the Polynesian negativity has only been developing over the last couple of years. I spoke with some of the CMs at Polynesian and commiserated with them over the behavior in the lounge and they agreed, it's become worse within the last few years as the resort itself and the CL in particular have become quite popular.

Later in the am maybe starting at 7:30 or 8:00, it is always cartoons. I've never seen who changes the channel but I think it is appropriate. I would not want toddlers and preschoolers to hear or see what is on the news many days and after all they are in Walt Disney World. Rather have them start their day hearing Mickey's laugh than the latest war casualties or ads for Viagra.

That's where we differ--it's just a matter of courtesy and preference. If I arrive in the lounge later in the a.m. (the rare occasion since we are usually outta' Dodge by 8:00 a.m.) and the TV is tuned to Toon Disney or whatever, that's fine--I wouldn't mess with it. Likewise, if you arrive with your children during the early a.m. hours and the set is already tuned to news, it would only be polite to inquire if anyone cared if the channel was changed. By you, I don't mean you specifically, BCV23 or lovesdumbo--it's generic. Whether or not you allow your children to watch news is a matter of personal choice, obviously.

I'll give you a really specific one. There is a woman who stays at Polynesian nearly every year during our vacation time--we must be on the same vacation schedule apparently. She acts as if the lounge and resort were designed for her personal enjoyment--she would think nothing of walking in and changing the television channel (at all hours of the day) even if you or I were sitting in front of it intently watching. She's also the type who rents the bicycles and rides them into the pool area despite the prohibition against it. You know the type and it's about that type I am speaking.

also think they are cute sitting around the TV having their breakfast. Maybe it is because my youngest is now 19. It is not as if there is enough kids sized furniture for them anyway.

I don't have a problem with that either--just keep them off the adult furniture while they are eating! Put them on the floor on their knees, on the kid sized chairs and sofa, a stool at the small counter behind the adult sofa, in a high chair at the table, etc. It's just gross watching them crawl all over the furniture with messy faces, hands, and carrying food as they walk across it. I'm not a Grinch. . .I work with young children (and had a couple of my own grow up in that lounge ;) ), but for goodness sake--especially during busy season, one shouldn't have to worry about sitting down and getting peanut butter or frosting smears all over ones clothing. Likewise, the pounding on the TV shouldn't even happen at all.

I totally agree, the bad behavior can happen anywhere, but this is a concierge information thread and that's why I raised it here. Just a warning to watch where you sit--you never know who was walking around on that furniture before you arrived.

floridafam
11-16-2004, 03:03 PM
All of these posts bring back the fond memories of "booger boy" at YC Concierge.

This little boy was pure evil. His parents would read the paper every morning and not pay attention to what he was doing. He created chaos in the lounge.

The best part is when he would pick his nose and rub the "boogers" in the cupcakes they had sitting out for dessert. YUM!

My DS 8 just looked at me and rolled his eyes.

:wave:

BCV23
11-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Tess, I agree that it is rude to walk up to a TV and change the channel without asking. It would be rude anywhere...home concierge, anywhere. But I do think it should not be on am news once families with small children arrive.....and I have no small children. The lounge is for everyone and no one should have to rush their little ones out lest they hear of the latest beheading.

My DH has also watched football in the afternoon there. Everyone has been very polite about asking to turn a channel to check a score, change to a new college game after one ends, etc.. A collegiate atmosphere if you will.

Glad I've never been there at the same time as your concierge "mate", Tess.:teeth: She sounds like a piece of work.

VAgal76
11-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by floridafam
All of these posts bring back the fond memories of "booger boy" at YC Concierge.

This little boy was pure evil. His parents would read the paper every morning and not pay attention to what he was doing. He created chaos in the lounge.

The best part is when he would pick his nose and rub the "boogers" in the cupcakes they had sitting out for dessert. YUM!

My DS 8 just looked at me and rolled his eyes.

:wave:

First, :faint:- how disgusting! But for some reason I can't stop laughing at the same time :laughing:.

Yeah, I guess we'd all agree that we must all behave ourselves in public places such as the lounge as well as respect others around you.

steveanddonna
11-16-2004, 04:03 PM
I've never seen who changes the channel but I think it is appropriate. I would not want toddlers and preschoolers to hear or see what is on the news many days and after all they are in Walt Disney World. Rather have them start their day hearing Mickey's laugh than the latest war casualties or ads for Viagra.
Just a note on the channel-changing - we were told by a CM, Ivette in August (and heard another CM, Nereida telling someone else in Oct.) that the lounge policy is to have cartoons on the TV in the AM precisely for this reason. It seems like we're all saying the same thing - mind your manners and show respect for everyone else. And yes, that comes from my teaching days!;)

GoofySuse
11-16-2004, 04:11 PM
*roflmao*...Booger Boy????

I would have taken the entire platter of the snot cakes over to his parents and explained that since their son had made them his own that I'd like to see him eating every bloody cupcake....let them clean up the results! That is the most obnoxious story I have ever heard!

I guess some of us have just been "raised right". I would never change the channel if I thought someone was watching something...if their attention was elsewhere then I would still ask if a change would bother them. I'm an early news person...but I do see the reasoning in keeping the cartoons on early in the morning...

BCV23
11-16-2004, 04:23 PM
It seems like we're all saying the same thing - mind your manners and show respect for everyone else.

::yes:: :wave:

#1hockeymom
11-16-2004, 05:42 PM
aka, everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten! :)

DutchsMommy
11-16-2004, 07:23 PM
I just noticed it's pretty hard for us to stay on "official CL information business" - there are just too many juicy (or should I say boogery) stories to tell!! LOL

Angel16
11-16-2004, 10:06 PM
:rotfl:

Maybe I'm just a little :crazy: but I find it histerical the title of our thread is

USEFUL CONCIERGE INFORMATION

booger boy............."now thats funny, I don't care who you are!"

:p

Angel

GoofySuse
11-17-2004, 08:09 AM
*LOL*...well, knowing that one must be on watch for cupcake boogers is VERY usefull information, in my opinion! :jester:

"Excuse me chef, I have been craving booger cakes this week...could you whip some of those bad boys up for me?"

Dizz42
11-17-2004, 07:12 PM
I feel this is very useful information for this thread. It's taught me when eating in the CL, make sure the cupcakes are topped with chocolate chips and not something else. ;)

Also, sadly, it's not the behavior of the kids that upsets me sometimes. It's the parents. They allow their children to act this way! I guess you can understand it when they don't act much better. In January, during Wishes, when the lights were low and the music was just starting, this man was on his cell phone almost the entire time. And, of course, he was talking so loud you could hardly hear anything but him. This same man and his family (several adults and little ones) had breakfast and just got up and walked out. I'm talking about two tables heaped with trash and barely eaten pastries, bagels, etc. What a disgrace. :sad2: Children learn what they live.

BCV23
11-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Also, sadly, it's not the behavior of the kids that upsets me sometimes. It's the parents. They allow their children to act this way! I guess you can understand it when they don't act much better. In January, during Wishes, when the lights were low and the music was just starting, this man was on his cell phone almost the entire time. And, of course, he was talking so loud you could hardly hear anything but him. This same man and his family (several adults and little ones) had breakfast and just got up and walked out. I'm talking about two tables heaped with trash and barely eaten pastries, bagels, etc. What a disgrace. :sad2: Children learn what they live.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

MNTerri
11-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Is there tipping of the lounge staff? (I mean monetarily, not bumping them over)

How about tipping the concierge staff in general?

Tess
11-18-2004, 08:29 AM
Concierge positions are barred from receiving tips. In fact, if caught accepting a tip, the concierge CM could be reprimanded or terminated.

There is some information previously provided that you have to proffer the tip three times followed by three refusals before they must accept (must be some kind of magic spell ;) ). If they do accept (and this should only be done so as not to offend the guest), ultimately, the tip must be handed over to management who places it into a CM fund for use by all members of the staff.

Some folks choose to bring along goodies from their homes and gift the CMs making their stay extra special. These goodies are acceptable tokens of appreciation.

GoofySuse
11-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Dizz42
I feel this is very useful information for this thread. It's taught me when eating in the CL, make sure the cupcakes are topped with chocolate chips and not something else. ;)

Dizz...lol...oh my....the booger boy will forever be infamous...

floridafam
11-18-2004, 10:40 AM
GoofySuse,

Have a wonderful time. I'll hope that you don't run into any "booger boys.":p

Enjoy every minute of your trip. ::yes::

Angel16
11-18-2004, 03:33 PM
So many of you are leaving on wonderful Thanksgiving trips - HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME!!! :wave:

Don't worry about the rest of us, we will stay here and make sure everything is ok with the lounge and answer any questions that come up. Just be sure to bring back trip reports and stories to share. Remember to take pictures of Christmas decorations so we all can enjoy!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earseek: pirate: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo princess: :wizard: See they are all waiting for your arrival. ::yes::

Have Fun & Be Safe

Angel

MAG1630
11-18-2004, 04:11 PM
where's the loung lizards message board:confused: :confused:

sorry for interupting this useful board but i had to ask :wave2:

steveanddonna
11-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi MAG1630 you can find most of the Lizards on the Community Board: Lizard Lounge (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=680943)

Angel16
11-19-2004, 11:33 AM
:wave: - This a wonderful thead that can answer just about any concierge question you may have. We have many members who have stayed at numerous Disney Resort Concierge.

If we can be of any help in planning your vacation we are here ready, willing and able. ::yes::

Angel

SueEllen
11-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Which resort has been your favorite concierge stay so far? I had a great experience at Beach Club a few years ago, but have found the staff at the AKL concierge to be fantastic.

Sue Ellen

johnsonet
11-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Great question!

My "heart belongs" to AKL Concierge. I stayed there for the 1st time in Oct. 2003 and it was amazing :teeth: I am going back next month with DD(8) and again February for my birthday :cutie: :cake: I can't wait! Don and Andrea have both helped me with so much - I am just crazy about them :crazy:
July 2004 I stayed at BWI CL and it was pure ecstasy princess: I can't wait to go back sometime... Alana in IPO helped with every detail - and then some!! She is a joy! You would've thought I was Michael Eisner's daughter from the service I got from her!princess:
Both of these concierge experiences are dreamy ::yes:: :cloud9:

#1hockeymom
11-22-2004, 07:47 AM
I am so enthralled with AKL's concierge I can't switch to anything else! (and I have switched at the last minute from Poly concierge back to AKL conciergeA). I do enjoy the club level experience at both the Swan and Dolphin, but for a full disney concierge experience I don't think anything can beat AKL in my eyes. The staff, the location, the smells wafting up into the lounge, the peacefulness and serenity... ahhh home! (and this doesn't even mention the fact that you can watch animals from your private balcony! :))

Debbie

Tess
11-22-2004, 09:12 AM
We are Polynesian concierge lovers. Great staff, large rooms, the view across the lagoon, sweet melodies from the islands, sand, tiki torches, lush tropical landscaping, what's not to love?:goodvibes :goodvibes :lovestruc :lovestruc This resort was one that I least desired to visit--GF, YC/BC, BWI were more my style--at least that's what I thought until I stayed at Polynesian--I'm hooked! It's fun to visit the other resorts (and we do), but the Polynesian is home. :goodvibes :lovestruc :lovestruc

Angel16
11-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Debbie- #1hockeymom - I agree with everything you said about AKL. Only one difference. We are going to TRY to stay at the Poly in May. :crazy: They are answering my e-mails and seem to be very interested in our visit. Maybe I will end up being a little bit Hawaiian and little bit African. :earboy2:

AKL is so perfect, the concierge staff is beyond perfect. I love the smells, sounds and feelings you are enveloped in upon entering the lodge. Boma is a great experiece for those of us who like to try different foods and prep styles. I can honestly say the my DH and myself had the most perfect vacation while at AKL. We will be returning in November for sure.::yes::

Hope you all have a good Monday.

Angel

BCV23
11-22-2004, 02:15 PM
We have stayed in Sugar Loaf concierge at the GF (food service ends at 7 and there is no alcohol served unlike Royal Palm) on two vacations and Polynesian concierge 5 or 6 times.

At both we've had very pleasant experiences. Great CMs at both with just a couple of exceptions. I like to make our PSs but the few times I've asked for help, both were very helpful.

For me, the view from the lounge at the Polynesian is a tiebreaker. Watching the World come alive in the am or the lights of the MK, CR and GF twinkling away at night is very special.

Tess also summed up very well why the Polynesian is our favorite resort concierge or not....and we stay without concierge much more often than with.

Goofy's Muse
11-22-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm definitely the voice of inexperience compared to other DIS concierge lovers, but I have to ditto johnsonet's rave reviews of the Epcot resorts IPO office. What an incredible staff -- responsive, pleasant, helpful! So if you're peeking in Alana, Amy and friends -- :wave: :teeth: ...

For me, I see the concierge experience as a two-part thing -- the pre-planning part and the once-you've-gotten-there part. I've found that the pre-planning service ranks high in my book, so I would definitely return to an Epcot resort in the future based on our wonderful experience with IPO (and the fact that I just love Epcot)! This past summer we stayed at BC -- maybe next time it'll be BWI based on their very convincing fan club (KerryCM... are you out there?)

We are also considering a split-stay for next summer and I must say that AKL is on our list, both for their pre-planning service reputation as well as the lounge experience itself. Our current vacation style trends more toward "commando" than "lounging", but I have it on good authority that it would be well worth our time to lounge a bit there! ;)

Not sure which MK resort concierge would best suit our needs, but I guess we still have a few months to think it over! :rolleyes1

teentoddlermom
11-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Haven't posted on these threads lately, but I totally agree with you about YC/BC/BWI IPO. We spent a week in August at YC and loved it so much. The planning was flawless, and the staff at the resort were great. I want to convince DH to go back next year and was thinking of BWI because of KerryCM's raves too. You just can't beat the location of the EPCOT resorts as well. Last year we stayed a week at GF Sugarloaf, and loved that too! We too are "Commandos" and having the breakfast and evening offerings fit this traveling style perfectly. YC was a bit better for us because Sugarloaf stops service at 7pm, when we were still out!
Wish I had a counter.... :wave2:

VAgal76
11-22-2004, 04:24 PM
I absolutely LOVED AKL!!!! :teeth: Their staff was so quick to respond and friendly. When I got there I was able to meet both Sue and Don! What a bunch of friendly folks. Even the CMs in the lounge were helpful. I felt relaxed while in the lounge. My down to earth, frugal DH was even comfortable and now considers concierge services worth it.

I'm trying both BWI and CR 14th floor because of the reviews our fellow lizards have given. Still staying at AKL since we have to do Sunrise Safari this go 'round. :tongue:

johnsonet
11-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Do a lot of you find that staying Concierge makes you LESS commando? Assuming you have at least a few WDW trips under your belt already?::yes:: ;) My trips now are all about the hotel :teeth:
P.S. When I told my mother-in-law today that DD and I are going to Disney World as soon as she gets out of school for Christmas there was dead silence on the other end of the phone
:crazy: :rotfl: :rotfl: :cheer2: :cheer2: :space:

#1hockeymom
11-22-2004, 05:53 PM
*shaking head* Don't worry... my family doesn't "get it" either!(Conversation with my father just last week "Deb, when are you going to the south of France?" "I was on the far side of EPCOT just last October.. that counts! BTW, Dad, did you know the UK and France are only separated by a bridge? *giggling ensues from here)
I do agree that staying concierge encourages less commando type touring! I think part of it is just staying at a deluxe hotel v. value. When we were at POP last October, we totally went commando as the room wasn't something we wanted to hang out in. Swan or Dolphin, we hang out at the resort much more. Every AKL trip we get seem to go slower and slower, not caring if we really leave on time for the parks and rushing back just to see what is on our balcony! Concierge just makes it that much more tough to leave the hotel!

steveanddonna
11-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Like Tess and her family we are Poly fans. I have nothing to compare to though, as I can't convince DH to try any other resort. The more we stay at the Poly, the more the CMs there feel like family, and the harder it is to think about changing. I love the laid back atmosphere, the way the views are framed, the lounge, the location...

Our concierge trips do tend to be less commando, johnsonet. Of course, we've only stayed non-concierge once in the last 7 years. I love doing Disney as a full-scale resort rather than a bunch of parks together by hotels. When I think of all the things we want to see/try/do yet I realize there are still a lot of Disney trips in my future!

Dizz42
11-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Also shaking head my head, #1hockeymom, as I was telling my niece (total Disney nut like us) about snagging CR 14th Floor Concierge king room. My sister was sitting between us with that "so-what's-the-big-deal" look on her face. :rolleyes:
Totally agree, johnsonet, that it's all about the resort when it's just DH and I. Well, that's not entirely true...it's also about THE FOOD! :teeth:
When we take our DD, SIL, and 2 grandkids, they call me "Commando Grandma". :laughing:

johnsonet
11-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Forgot to mention...
SOMEONE :teeth: is celebrating her 35th birthday :cake: at Victoria & Albert's :charac2:
Many thanks to Don at AKL IPO for suggesting this and arranging it for me :worship: ! I am absolutely THRILLED and cannot wait!
Wine pairings or BUST!:crazy: :cloud9: :thewave:

BCV23
11-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Does anyone notice a trend here....we all have enjoyed the resort concierge experiences that we have actually experienced!:teeth:

So my guess is that they all do a fine job.....as do the resorts in general.:D

johnsonet, have a great time at V&A....it is the best dining experience at WDW hands down IMHO.

#1hockeymom
11-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Oh lucky you! That will be a great birthday celebration!

minniesota
11-22-2004, 08:58 PM
I have only gone CL once - this October at GF RPC and loved it. While there have not been glowing reports about the IPO, I found Denny to be very professional and helpful as well. He managed eveything we asked of him. The food offerings were great, though the kids pretty much stuck to cheese, crackers, fruit and desserts! Oh, don't forget the tuxedo strawberries! Mmmm... And the lounge, lobby, orchestra ambience is so fabulous. What's not to love? I will be trying BWI CL very soon, however, so I will have something to compare. I have to say the IPO there has been great and so friendly! Which reminds me - when you send an appreciation gift, do you send it ahead of your trip and where - or do you wait until you are there? Just curious since I definitely plan to show my appreciation!

Tess
11-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by BCV23
Does anyone notice a trend here....we all have enjoyed the resort concierge experiences that we have actually experienced!:teeth:

So my guess is that they all do a fine job.....as do the resorts in general.:D

I can't complain about any of them--some things weren't so stellar with others, but the same can be said for our beloved Polynesian--the hotels are staffed by humans after all. Our preference, however, is for the Polynesian. That said, I wouldn't kick the other experiences to the curb again and would gladly visit the other resorts again PROVIDED I get to stay longer at Polynesian. :D

Angel16
11-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by johnsonet
Forgot to mention...
SOMEONE :teeth: is celebrating her 35th birthday :cake: at Victoria & Albert's :charac2:
Many thanks to Don at AKL IPO for suggesting this and arranging it for me :worship: ! I am absolutely THRILLED and cannot wait!
Wine pairings or BUST!:crazy: :cloud9: :thewave:

:rockband: Johnsonet is having a birthday at WDW and at Victoria & Albert's. Now that is a celebration! But you have to come clean and tell us when your birthday is. I checked you profile and there isn't any information. So dear...when is your big, but young 35th birthday?princess:

Angel

GoofyJoofy
11-26-2004, 10:41 AM
I updated the first post to include the phone and mailing contact information for the Concierge Planning Offices.

BCV23
11-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks, GoofyJoofy! It looks great and what a convenient way to find the info. Wonderful job.::yes::

ValerieK
11-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Bump

Plus I just wanted to see my countdown. ;)

outstandinfarmer
11-29-2004, 04:21 AM
I understand that staying concierge is quite an experience, but is it worth t for the extra money meaning that, either we can stay concierge and eat more at the hotel, or use the money saved and eat at more restaurants?

I'm considering eating out somewhere nice at lunch and eating breakfast and dinner back at the hotel since I'm sure we will be snacking all day in the parks anyway.

Also, if we stay ALK CL, we have a lot of picky eaters. Is there food to acoomodate us all?

Goofy's Muse
11-29-2004, 07:53 AM
outstandinfarmer... It's hard to say whether the decision to go concierge would be worth it for you if you're doing it for the food alone. It probably depends on the number of folks in your party and what your expectations are around eating.

Our family of 5 thought it was well-worth it this past summer at the BC. We ate several mornings in the lounge (continental breakfast fare including a nice variety of fruit) and enjoyed the evening cordials and desserts many nights. We did the 5-7 cocktail hour only once due to our touring style, but we thought the food offerings were wonderful.

There are others with personal experience of AKL and I must say that based on their rave reviews, it is one I would love to try just for the Cappucino machine and African smoothies alone! Word is that the food offerings are plentiful, the lounge is wonderful and welcoming, and the CM staff provide a wonderful experience, both pre-planning as well as on-site. Plus if you're into the idea of either the Sunrise or Sunset Safari, those optional extras are offered exclusively to concierge guests.

Good luck with your decision! :wave:

GoofyJoofy
11-29-2004, 09:39 AM
I'm considering eating out somewhere nice at lunch and eating breakfast and dinner back at the hotel since I'm sure we will be snacking all day in the parks anyway.Just so you know, concierge is not considered a food plan, and the evening offerings are more of an appetizer than a full meal. If you have a substantial lunch, then the evening offering may be enough for you.

Concierge is more than the food and the lounge though. There is a staff that will help you plan your vacation before you even get to Disney. They can make PS for you, arrange special activities, and can purchase items and have them in the room waiting for you.

I had the concierge staff arrange to deliver a gift basket to my SIL, who was staying at another Disney resort during our vacation. They also arranged to have anniversary flowers delivered to our room, while we were out at dinner.

The staff in the lounge can assist you during your visit, with everything from entertainment ideas, to switching PS. We had several conversations with the staff, and they gave us tips such as where to stand for Wishes, what to look for at attractions, and just general guide tips to the parks, to make our visit more enjoyable.

meuseman
11-29-2004, 02:45 PM
I would have to agree with Goofy there. For example, staying at WL concierge, I was waiting for luggage to be transferred from the Poly. The luggage had our MNSSHP tickets in it. We had a 5:10 PS and it was 4:45. We needed those tickets and we needed to get to the MK in 15 minutes, so waiting for the boat was out. The Conc. staff brought me down to the luggage room, where I found my luggage (under my wife's maiden name, which is why no one could find it), brought the luggage to our room, and drove us over to the MK in the WL truck, so we would make our PS on time. I tend to think that we would have been pretty much out of luck if we weren't staying conc. Just my example.

ValerieK
12-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I am going to bump this again. :D

minniesota
12-07-2004, 08:00 PM
We had a fabulous trip and I have lots to report but there's so much to catch up on in the homefront department! Yikes! The short version is we enjoyed the garden suite at BWI - and things started out great - but we ran into a little noise problem on our 2nd night and a really big noise problem on our 3rd night (which entailed me on the phone 3 times with the duty manager between 1:45 and 3:30 a.m.) They offered to move us at 3:30 a.m. but I declined. At 7 a.m., we were on the phone with management and told them we did want to move - to the GF. I managed to snag an AP rate in the RPC and they upgraded us to a deluxe concierge room. So all's well that ends well. BWI management couldn't have been nicer in handling the problem but I was glad I had the knowledge and where-with-all to be very proactive and make my own arrangements to move. Bottom line - DH doesn't want to stay anywhere but the GF from now on. A terrible price to pay, I know. :D

We had lots of fabulous meals and some anniversary surprises. loved MVMCP and Candlelight Processional. Crowds were bigger than I expected. I'll try to fill you all in on the details as I catch up. ANy questions?

ga9497
12-08-2004, 10:25 AM
To get us started:

All of Disney's Deluxe resorts offer concierge level service for an additional fee.
In addition to Disney's Deluxe Resorts, the Swan and Dolphin also offer a similar service but it is called Club Level

<center>One important note:</center>
The Itinerary Planning Office (IPO) will not have your address and phone number if you book through a travel agent or online. You should call them and let them know you are coming. Most of us like to make contact with IPO as soon as we make our resort ressies.

It depends on the travel agent
My travel agent told me that she was contacting the concierge office with my information, address, phone number, reservation number etc

TammiMcMan
12-08-2004, 11:03 AM
It is honestly best to be proactive when it comes to planning your Disney vacation. If you want the pre-planning staff to help you with priority seating arrangements or other recreation, I would contact them.

Tammi

MNTerri
12-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Do contact them, especially if you booked through a travel agent - I was concerned about having to do the speed dialing thing since it turned out that several of the things we wanted to do were hard to book - then I had a brain surge and rememebered I was going concierge - called them to see if they could help me with reservations and voila! no worries!

Cinderella's Royal Breakfast Valentine's Day morning - nice.

#1hockeymom
12-12-2004, 11:45 AM
I know on my first concierge stay they had no record of me staying there since I went through a TA. Luckily, I was so obssessed with making sure I didn't have a pool view, and I wanted to have a continuing reservation in the same room, that my phone calls to them allowed them to put all of my personal information in their computers. Had I not called, they wouldn't have had a record of me until I showed up.

SueEllen
12-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Also depending on your travel agent they may get your information. Some pass that along and others do not.
Sue Ellen

mndisfam
12-13-2004, 07:44 AM
I hate to add a negative here, but our concierge experience was pretty disappointing - not in the actual level of service or experience once we arrived, but before hand.

I booked concierge at AKL as a treat for our family to celebrate getting thru my (Mom) major surgery. When I booked I was told they would send me an info packet. (30 days out or something). I also told them I wanted to order some kind of gift basket/balloon bouquet as a family surprise - they told me they couldn't help me at all with that but referred me to a florist (!). Never ever got any pre-planning packet or brochure in the mail.

Finally, about a month b4 we left, I emailed and got on the phone (luckily got the numbers from the boards.) The staff at AKL was VERY rude on several occasions about letting me thru to concierge when I would call and say, "gee I think I need to to talk to someone in concierge about our trip in a few weeks - I have gotten no planning calls or info packets." "Well, ma'am, are you actually a guest on concierge? Its only available to concierge guests." "Of course I am." "Ma'am, everyone says that they are concierge guests." "Well, here is my reservation number." One refused to look it up, one did and gave me a voice mail at concierge (they never returned my call) and one just ended in a disconnect.

Finally, a few (4?) repeated emails worked. A very nice lady called me back and did manage to arrange royal table breakfast & sunset safari. I forgot to even ask about PS's, and did everything else on our own. The day we arrived, I finally remembered to ask about PSs, but there were none that would work for us, so we had none.

In the end, after much work and effort on my part, I was finally able to get some "concierge planning" help. Never ever got an info packet, never could get anyone to lead the way to a gift basket - balloon bouquet - anything to show the kids the bad times were over for our family.

. I sent an email to the guest relations place about this, and never heard back.

I should not have had to pester them into helping me - not at those prices. Clearly I fell thru the cracks - but in all the phone calls and emails I sent, I kept saying, "Obviously we have fallen thru the cracks - can you help me? " And only one time did we get the help!

My kids loved concierge, but I am not happy i had to pay so much extra and work so hard for it.

minniesota
12-13-2004, 09:04 AM
mndisfam - Oh, that is so disappointing! ANd especially when you were trying so hard to make this a really special trip. I know most posters on this thread as well as on the Lizard Lounge thread have had really positive expereinces at AKL - in fact, their comments have made me consider AKL CL even though it has never appealed to me. I have only had concierge experience at GF and BWI but after reading the Lizard Lounge thread, I actually e-mailed a specific person at each resort's planning office (based on positive reports from other Disers) and established a working relationship with those two individuals during my planning stage. Everything went great. Personally, I kind of like to set up my own PS's but will use concierge for the hard-to-get ressies. What my family enjoyed most about concierge was the lounge and the special treatment we experienced while we were there. When it was 8 of us in October in a suite, concierge was a great value. This December, when it was just me and DH, concierge was a splurge!

#1hockeymom
12-13-2004, 05:08 PM
I wish you would have had a MUCH better trip. Yes, it does sound like you fell through the cracks, but it is still very disappointing knowing what others have experienced. I pray your next trip is better and it doesn't turn you off to the concierge experience. I hope you do hear from someone regarding your concerns and problems.

TaurusSES_Sport
12-13-2004, 05:40 PM
The staff to say the least, is NOT friendly at the AKL.

#1hockeymom
12-13-2004, 05:51 PM
I have stayed concierge at AKL three separate times and have only glowing reports for them. The fact is that mndisfan doesn't, and I am sure the staff at AKL would like to know how she fell through the cracks, too. They are known for fantastic service and I am sure that they will want things right with mndisfan, as much as they will want to make sure this doesn't happen again. In my line of work I know we all make mistakes, it is when we don't learn from them that the real mistakes are done.

I am one of AKL's biggest cheerleaders (there are quite a few of us!). I LOVE the place! I do, however, totally believe mndisfan's story.

Debbie

DisneyDW
12-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Can you see Illuminations from any of the concierge rooms at BC? I did request water view - I guess that is the right side, at least?

Goofy's Muse
12-14-2004, 04:29 PM
I could definitely be wrong about this but it seems to me that the lagoon view 5th floor concierge rooms at BC have more of a Boardwalk orientation rather than an Epcot/Illuminations orientation. We had a great room and lagoon view at BC CL this past summer but it definitely did not have an Illuminations view. I would think the lagoon view rooms at YC would have a better viewing angle for Illuminations.

That said... I do think I read somewhere that there are some BC rooms on the Epcot end of the resort from which Illumination can be seen, but I'm not sure if they are "lagoon views" and there is no 5th floor at that end of the resort. Perhaps someone with more BC experience can confirm this?

DisneyDW... You might try contacting the Epcot resorts IPO office with your question since you are planning a concierge stay. We found them to be very helpful...

steveanddonna
12-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Does anyone have an e-mail address or phone # for the actual concierge office at the Poly? I want to check on a package shipment and the CM in the planning office was a bit clueless when I called there. Thanks!

magiclives
12-27-2004, 03:27 PM
I was just there and we did have BC CL rooms with partial view of Illuminations and Wishes. They were Standard view rooms looking out over the front. You could see Spaceship Earth really well. I can get you the room numbers later, but they were down the hall from the lounge next to the big round couch sitting area.

disneydave
12-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Going to be in the world from May 21 to May 26. We want to stay concierge but are having trouble picking out which one to choose. In the past we have stayed at CR Tower Club, at the GF Main Building (no concierge), and at the Polly (no concierge). We will stay at a Monorail resort and the kids prefer CR but they only have 14th floor open. That would be less expensive than GF Main Building Conc. but more than GF Lodge Conc. Polly is probably out as we would want a lagoon view and the quote was more than it would be to stay GF Main Bldg. Conc.

So is the 14th floor Contemp. better than GF Lodge? 14th floor is full service how does that compare to the GF Lodge Conc?

14th floor has a build in advantage in that you are just an elevator ride away from the monorail while the GF Lodge Conc is in another building correct???

wdw47
12-29-2004, 11:51 AM
how soon after you make your concierge reservations should you wait to contact the concierge desk our vacation is over a year away ty

TammiMcMan
12-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Disneydave you are not going to get a lagoon view with the GF lodge concierge. It's located in the Sugar Loaf building, but the way it's situated on the property, you'll only have a choice of marina or garden view. If you're lucky, you might be able to glimpse the MK fireworks if you lean out over your balcony. This is also considered limited concierge service. You won't have wine or beer offered with the evening serving and you will not receive the late night cordials or the 8-10pm desserts. They typically serve a deluxe continental breakfast, light lunch offering, afternoon tea, evening with one or two hot items. I thought the assortment of food was very good, but it does lean more on the gourmet side. They do have items for the kids like mini hotdogs during the evening. One difference between the GF main building concierge and the Poly is you don't pay a higher price based on your view.

wdw47 contacting concierge is really based on what your needs are. Most priority seatings and recreation are booked at 90 days out, however Hoop De Doo, the Poly Luau and a few other things can be booked much further out. Depending on where you're staying, the pre-planning department will send you out a questionnaire along with some resort and park information. Not all of them do this however. If you have an idea of what your needs are, they can put your requests into their computer system as a pending item and book it for you when the time is right.

Tammi

travlnman1
12-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Well, my countdown says "SURPRISE FOR THE KIDS".
As you all know, anticipating a trip to Disney is just as much fun so we told them as a Christmas present.
We decided on Beach Club Concierge- garden view.

Are all concierge rooms at the BC on the same floor?
Anything we should request in advance such as room location?

Thanks for any input!

Goofy's Muse
12-30-2004, 01:59 PM
We stayed BC CL last August and loved it! Do take advantage of the pre-planning services provided by the Epcot resorts IPO Office. They are absolutely wonderful!

As for rooms, I believe all the concierge rooms are on the 5th floor. We too booked garden view, and requested our preference for a garden view on the lagoon side of the BC (some have disappointed in having roof-top views on the other side of the building). We also requested a full balcony as some BC balconies are walk-out only. Requests are just that but are certainly worth mentioning! In the end, we were "pixie dusted" with the most fabulous full balcony, lagoon view upgrade -- nothing to count on but certainly wonderful when it occurs! Enjoy your stay! :wave:

samnbilly
01-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Well, I tried to convince my DH last night to take a short visit to WDW for Easter break. He looked at me like I was an alien lifeform. What? I don't see any problem. Those AP's are burning a hole in my pocket the size of the Grand Canyon. I even called for prices. Whew, steep during peak. I even inquired about *gasp** :faint: *Non-concierge* I don't think it went over well. Well, I'll keep working on my plans. I think for my next visit, it might have to be the GF again. I was good-I TRIED the BC. It was very nice. I just think that the GF is my favorite. I'm trying. One of these days I am going to break away from my little cocoon. Hope everyone is well.I sprained my ankle. What a pain-literally.

minniesota
01-06-2005, 10:22 PM
samnbilly - I know just what you mean - those AP's can be dangerous. I have plans for GF in Feb and again in May, both non-concierge stays unless I upgrade as we get closer. It will be fine. Any stay at the GF is a fabulous one! Good luck convincing DH. My next 2 trips are with each of the kids - I'm giving DH a breather!

Goofy's Muse
01-07-2005, 08:04 AM
I agree that the GF was grand... we took "potluck" -- garden view, non CL and were amazed at just how nice "the basics" were.

We did pass through the Sugar Loaf building just to check out the main floor. It was afternoon snack time and it looked mighty nice, but the kids were OK with "look but don't touch". I was surprised no key entry was required for that building. Was that a fluke or is that typical?

samnbilly
01-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Goofy's Muse-you have always needed a card key to get into SugarLoaf. That must have been a fluke. I was just thinking today as I was at work-how wonderful it would be to be at the SugarLoaf right now :flower: Maybe soon.

travlnman1
01-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Question..
We leave in a few days and we haven't heard from the Beach Club at all.
When we did CL at the Poly, I remember filling out request forms about dining and things like that.
Does the Beach Club typically get in touch with upcoming guests?

Goofy's Muse
01-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Question..
We leave in a few days and we haven't heard from the Beach Club at all.
When we did CL at the Poly, I remember filling out request forms about dining and things like that.
Does the Beach Club typically get in touch with upcoming guests?

travlnman1... You might want to try contacting them directly either by phone or e-mail (I think the details are listed on pg 1 of this thread). When we went BC CL last summer, we contacted them and they were glad we did, as they had no contact info on our reservation (it had been made through a travel agent). The Epcot IPO Planning Office is top-notch! I'm expecting they'll be very glad you got in touch... Good luck and enjoy your upcoming trip! :wave:

travlnman1
01-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks Goofy's Muse..
I'll give them a call.

Janet2k
01-19-2005, 05:10 AM
I just posted this in another thread but thought I would add it here, too. It's regarding the new Animal Kingdom Theme Park's Wildlife Discovery Excursion that is being offered to Walt Disney World concierge guests. The following information came directly from my favorite WDW Cast Member:

- - - - - - - - - -
For guests over 12 staying in concierge rooms anywhere on property.

DESCRIPTION: Disney's Animal Kingdom invites you to venture off the beaten path of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve for a unique animal observation and photo excursion. Led by a seasoned Safari Guide and an Animal expert, this adventure takes you off the Safari trail, stopping at special observation and photo areas throughout the 110-acre savannah of the reserve.

CAPACITY: 14 Guests

HOURS:
10:00AM (Guests should arrive at check-in by 9:45AM)
1:00PM (Guests should arrive at check-in by 12:45PM)
Tour lasts approximately one (1) Hour.
Same day bookings not allowed.

DAYS OFFERED: Daily

BLACKOUT DATES: None

PRICE: $45.00 per person including tax

** All prices are subject to change without notice **

Capacity is set at 14 guests so it is very personal.
- - - - - - - - - -

My family attended a similar excursion in the Fall of 2003. It was a special tour that was called (for lack of a better name) the Animal Kingdom VIP Safari Tour (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janettwokay/album?.dir=f2bf&.src=ph). I wrote about it in my trip report (click here (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=465756&page=1&pp=15) and look for the post on that page entitled, "Anniversary Celebration, Part One").

At the time, there was talk of that tour becoming something that could be booked by WDW guests (it was not a bookable event when my family experienced it). I am now wondering if that has come true. I certainly hope so because the tour was wonderful.

I am trying to find out what the excursion vehicle looks like. The vehicle (click here) (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janettwokay/detail?.dir=f2bf&.dnm=ff03.jpg&.src=ph) that was used for my tour only seated 8 people, and the new vehicle seats 14. I have seen photos of vehicles that are used for African safaris and I am wondering if Disney has purchased one of those. It will be interesting to find out.

The new excursion sounds wonderful. I am now contemplating adding a concierge stay onto my next WDW vacation so that I can experience it. I can’t wait to hear all about it from those first guests who get to experience it.

BCV23
01-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the new info, Janet.

It does indeed sound wonderful. We're not booked for concierge for our next stay but maybe this wil entice my DH. We all love KS but have not done any of the special AK tours concierge or not.

I wonder if they had lots of people staying at AKL conciere for just a couple days in order to do the tours offered to those guests. I know we had considered doing that. This sounds like a better option for us.

Thanks again.

janetd
01-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi,

Recently stayed at AKL concierge and YC. The AKL was outstanding. Food and atmoshere perfect. Guests were pleasant and polite. The children were delightful and loved watching the videos provided for them. We had stayed here 3 times before and were not disappointed.Concierge at AKl is just the way it should be.

We always split our stay between AKL and YC. The last time, just after the YC concierge area had enlarged, we were a bit unhappy with the experience but thought it might have been just bad luck and decided to stay again as we love the YC. Any way what a total disappointment. What happened to concierge at this beautiful hotel?

Someone must call soooey (or however you spell the pig call) because you wouldn't believe the types that arrive for breakfast. Even though the posted signs state to arrive dressed, people wander in wearing bathrobes, forage for food, leave with gross amounts and while making selections ignore the tongs and just grab.

I was reading the newspaper waiting for my grand daughter to come in for breakfast. By the time she arrived, there were no bagels to be had. It was 9:30 and the breakfast ends at 10:30. The "guests" had comandeered the bagel supply and there wasn't much of anything else left.

In talking with the CMs they said they were pretty disgusted with the situation. The behavior of many of the guests really grosses them out, but all they can do is smile. They were peeved that guests ignored the posted notice and continue to show up for brakfast in bathrobes.They noted also how guests just grab food with their bare hands.

We asked for concierge to be removed from our bill and did room sewrvice for breakfast instead for the rest of our stay.

Let's not go in to the 5:00 offerings. We stayed briefly for that one. Total gross out.
Janetd

TaurusSES_Sport
01-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi,

Recently stayed at AKL concierge and YC. The AKL was outstanding. Food and atmoshere perfect. Guests were pleasant and polite. The children were delightful and loved watching the videos provided for them. We had stayed here 3 times before and were not disappointed.Concierge at AKl is just the way it should be.

We always split our stay between AKL and YC. The last time, just after the YC concierge area had enlarged, we were a bit unhappy with the experience but thought it might have been just bad luck and decided to stay again as we love the YC. Any way what a total disappointment. What happened to concierge at this beautiful hotel?

Someone must call soooey (or however you spell the pig call) because you wouldn't believe the types that arrive for breakfast. Even though the posted signs state to arrive dressed, people wander in wearing bathrobes, forage for food, leave with gross amounts and while making selections ignore the tongs and just grab.

I was reading the newspaper waiting for my grand daughter to come in for breakfast. By the time she arrived, there were no bagels to be had. It was 9:30 and the breakfast ends at 10:30. The "guests" had comandeered the bagel supply and there wasn't much of anything else left.

In talking with the CMs they said they were pretty disgusted with the situation. The behavior of many of the guests really grosses them out, but all they can do is smile. They were peeved that guests ignored the posted notice and continue to show up for brakfast in bathrobes.They noted also how guests just grab food with their bare hands.

We asked for concierge to be removed from our bill and did room sewrvice for breakfast instead for the rest of our stay.

Let's not go in to the 5:00 offerings. We stayed briefly for that one. Total gross out.
Janetd

Mine was opposite, we did a split stay between the YC and the AKL. We went to the YC first. The staff was wonderful or room was perfect and the lounge was excellent. Everyone was very quiet, polite, and I didn't see any robes/bathing suites. The staff at the YC CL were just awesome! The food and evening offerings were perfect and there was plenty of breakfeast offerings, the staff was constantly re-filling things.

Then we went to the AKL. Checked in went up to the concierge, not even a look up/nod from the concierge, or even a hello. We had to go up to them, wait until they finished talking and had to introduce our selves. The lounge was nice, but not that great. They had a lot of strange food, a lot of it, I didn't care for. They didn't have any donuts like the YC did, just mostly gross/hard bagles. The room wasnt that great either. They put us on the 5th floor, so we always had to go up the elevator to get to the lounge. Annoying if you ask me. At the YC we walked a few feet to the lounge from our room. Aftering staying at both, we will not be returning to the AKL and be staying at the YC from now on!

TammiMcMan
01-19-2005, 04:09 PM
JanetD, sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at the YC cl. I wasn't really over impressed with it myself. Fortunately I didn't encounter any guests who were dressed inappropriately, but it amazed me to see the messes that were left behind. I just think it's common courtesy to remove your dishes and trash if there are people waiting for a seat. We found the lounge to be really crowded and I stopped counting the number of times we were asked to leave because they were changing out food items, or closing for the night. For the life of me, I still can't figure that out. I never thought of myself as a food snob, but for an afternoon treat, I'd like something more than goldfish crackers, beer nuts or a chocolate snack pack pudding. I had a small problem with one of the CM's (Betty), but other than that, they were terrific as was housekeeping. Plus their pre-planners are first rate. Next time we are in that area, I think we are going to try the Boardwalk.

MaMudduck
01-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi, everyone I'm just replying so I can subscribe to this great thread.

This October (2005) will be my 8+ trip to WDW, and a friend is joining me for 4 days of my 2 weeks at WDW. I'm doing all the bookings for her and she wants Concierge at the Poly. :cool1:, this may be my only trip where someone else is paying and I get Conciegre.

Ok so my questions:
1) I have 2 AP's is there a discounted room rate for Con.level for AP holders
2) If so, what's the usual/historical discounted amount per night for Oct. (regular season)
3) Do I book now and wait for codes and then change rates or do I go through TA such as Dreams Unimited that'll check for me?

Thanks Wendy

steveanddonna
01-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi MaMudduck, and welcome! There are AP discounts available for CL, but they're pretty limited. We have been very lucky recently and gotten a discount on every trip except....October! Actually, we were able to apply the code to the last 3 nights of our Oct. visit by splitting the reservation. We did book that trip before the codes came out and were able to apply the discount later. We paid $90 less than rack rate with the discount, but I can't remember what the actual rate was. At 2005 rack rates for regular season that would be $490 for LVC and $365 for GVC. If you can check in before Oct. 4, you would get value season rates for your whole stay, which would bring it down to $420 or $320, depending on the view. My cousin and I lucked out and are able to do this in February this year, so we check in the day before value changes to peak and are paying value season w/a discount for the whole stay.

I have never used a TA to book, but a lot of other people here have had good luck getting discounts when using one. I think it's just a matter of preference.

Scar/Thumper
01-21-2005, 05:02 PM
I don't want to sound tacky but dw and I want to stay Concierge for our Anniversary and we usually go for AAA discounts or AP discounts , are these offered for CL or is it just rack only.

Thanks in advance,

Scar

#1hockeymom
01-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! I have stayed concierge at AKL for three of my four AKL trips. Each time I used an AP rate. Two of those trips I was calling on a daily basis to add days to my trip, but in the end I had every day I needed at the AP rate.

Our mantra for awhile was "keep calling, calling, calling!"
Debbie

TaurusSES_Sport
01-22-2005, 12:48 AM
Hello everyone! Just wondering if I could take a friendly survey to compare my rates over the years...

What is the *most* you have ever paid per night for concierge?

What is the *least* you have ever paid per night for concierge?

Thanks!

Scar/Thumper
01-22-2005, 05:19 AM
Thanks Hockeymom - I just didn't know if it was possible - we have done several (7) trips to THE World always staying at the values but wanted to treat DW to a trip of a lifetime staying at her "Dream Resort" AKA "the Beach Club" as it will be our 15th anniversary http://www.disboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=7413667# so am trying to work out the logistics of it . We as a family will be winging our way to the other coast for our 2nd DisneyLand adventure in just a few weeks , but I am starting to plan our Sept. Adults only trip so any and all help is gladly accepted.

#1hockeymom
01-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Put Disney on speed dial when the AP rates are out and don't give up! One of my good friends here, as well as myself, have ended up getting our last "day" needed for our particular trips just days before we left! I think concierge for an anniversary present sounds wonderful! I know your wife will love it!

fridayfun
01-31-2005, 07:03 PM
We booked thru AAA today a 14th floor Concierge room. After explaining to our TA why 14th floor (full Concierge) she got on the phone and came up with a room on that floor.Hurray, right? Well, sitting here, reading the paperwork, after sending info to the correct hotel, I see it says "...in a concierge club floor room, 14th floor, magic kingdom view." I thought 12th floor was club or lite. Am I stressing or right? :confused: It is only the 2 of us. Do you have to get a suite to get full concierge service? Thanks in advance :wave2:

Goofy's Muse
01-31-2005, 08:14 PM
My understanding is that 14th floor is full concierge... there are only a handful of non-suite rooms on that floor, but they do have full concierge. I guess the use of the word "club" was confusing. You're right that 12th floor is the "light" concierge...

fridayfun
02-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Thanks. We think the info on the receipt was our TS's notes. They don't print out straight from the website (DH swears!) but shot out an email to her just to check!

fridayfun
02-01-2005, 08:18 AM
:love2: Thanks for all the information regarding concierge in this thread. Emailed our information to the Contemporary, apparently everything's OK on their end and already received a confirmation email telling they had all our pertinent information and would be contacting us again 120 days out! :cool1: I just can't stand the wait now!

TheIncredibles
02-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Hello? .... Hello? ....

I think I'm in the right place...seems a lttle queit;

Wanted to stop by here for a minute. Should I grab a paper and head over to "The Lizard Lounge" after a little while?

steveanddonna
02-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Hello? .... Hello? ....

I think I'm in the right place...seems a lttle queit;

Wanted to stop by here for a minute. Should I grab a paper and head over to "The Lizard Lounge" after a little while?

If you need a question about concierge answered quickly or general info about staying concierge, this thread is the place to do it.

If, however, you just feel like hanging out and enjoying the "virtual" concierge lounge, head on over to "The Lizard Lounge" (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=680943), grab a cappuccino, and pull up a chair!

Mickey Fliers
02-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Just booked Poly GVC for our may trip :cool1: . We have never stayed there before and was hoping someone could answer a few questions. First, are all of the GVC rooms in Hawaii? From Tikiman's site it looks like Tonga just has suites. Is that correct? Also, will the concierge staff contact me or should I drop them an email? I have already done most of my PS's (provided I don't have to change them once May hours come out ;) ) but I want to make sure that they have my room requests noted. Also, we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary.

One yeah, one last thing. Can the concierge staff arrange to have the Cinderella's slipper for our Mother's Day lunch at the GF Cafe, even if we are not checking into the Poly for 2 more days? Does that make sense? Sorry if I have lost you, I have been home with a sick 2 year old all day :guilty: .

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Amie

TammiMcMan
02-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Mickeyfliers,

Chances are they will contact you at some point, but I wouldn't hesitate dropping them an e-mail to get the ball rolling.

As for the dessert arrangement, typically the pre-planning staff will extend their services to cover your entire vacation, not just the nights you are spending with them. It's a courtesy. If for some reason, they can't help you, just call the bakery at 1900 Park Faire and they will absolutely assist you.

Tammi

Tess
02-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes, to your Hawaii question--the GVC rooms are housed in that longhouse. There is a breakaway room in Tonga, but it is meant as a 2nd bedroom for a suite, I believe. It can be used as a concierge room, but Tonga is the longhouse for suites at Polynesian.

It never hurts to e-mail the Polynesian IPO even if you have nothing more than a room request. The e-mail is:

WDW.Polynesian.Island.Planning.Office@disney.com

I'm sure the staff will be most helpful with any request you may have. Also, you can certainly ask if they are able to assist you with the Cinderella's Slipper request. I would think, however, you'd be better served making that request with the restaurant. I've never made a request like this of IPO, but it could well be within their ability to assist. I believe, if they are able to help you, they will do so regardless of whether or not you are "officially" staying within their service on that date. I know they book PS for us for days we are staying at another resort just prior to or just post-Polynesian stays.

Mickey Fliers
02-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Tess and Tammi Thanks for the info. By the way, Tess, I love that photo in your signature. I am sure that we will be displaying the exact same sentiment in May. I think I will drop IPO a line in just a couple of days. Now, come on codes.....

SeaSpray
02-13-2005, 12:29 PM
ok, call me "impatient", but no one is answering my question on other threads! And since it's a concierge question, here goes:

It's been about 4 years since I've had to worry about trying for a Cinderella's breakfast PS, but here I am again! (We were successful in 2001, by the way!)

I have a question: For this trip we are staying concierge at the Wilderness Lodge. Should I ONLY ask them to make the PS for Cindy's for me, or should *I* try, or both??? Last time we were on our own and had 3 phone lines going at the same time!

Bottom line is: WILL/CAN concierge get us Cinderella's breakfast?? Thanks!

TammiMcMan
02-13-2005, 12:36 PM
If you ask them, they'll say that there is no guarantee they can get you a ps. My experience has been excellent though and the pre-planners have never let me down.

Tammi

eddieras
02-13-2005, 12:38 PM
I have a question: For this trip we are staying concierge at the Wilderness Lodge. Should I ONLY ask them to make the PS for Cindy's for me, or should *I* try, or both??? Last time we were on our own and had 3 phone lines going at the same time!

Bottom line is: WILL/CAN concierge get us Cinderella's breakfast?? Thanks!

hey seaspray- i can tell you my experience yesterday with this. i booked one nite only in concierge at AKL (to do sunrise safari) and was told they would handle ALL PS. People on the boards told me i should call anyway. Well, I didn't call myself, at the concierge recommendation. I requested May 13 at 11:00am for CRT and got the exact date/ time i wanted -- all done by the concierge.

i was told that while they don't have an "in" they are on the computer system immediately at 7am and this eliminates the time calling in, thus they're some of the first into the system.

looks like my experience (if not a fluke) speaks for itself. how many people get the day/time they want when they call???

good luck!

SeaSpray
02-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks, Tammi and Eddie! I will give all of my PS request info to concierge and let them handle it. While I do hope they'll be able to get the PSs that I want, it won't be the end of the world if they can't.

Thanks again! :)

floridafam
02-13-2005, 04:25 PM
With WL Concierge, I would always book it yourself as a back up.

We are just shy of 90 days out for our trip in May and they have yet to contact me. I have to be honest in saying that I expected a little more since we are in the Presidential Suite but I'm not counting on hearing from them. :rolleyes:

eddieras
02-13-2005, 04:49 PM
as soon as i may my concierge reservation i called them-not taking any chances-- and they couldn't have been nicer!

floridafam
02-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I am going to give them a call. I may just deal with the concierge staff at the lodge directly as we really don't have all that much planned. Unfortunately, we've spent many trips at WL CL and the IPO office has been less than great each time.

steevo
02-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Great info in this thread!
I was contemplating upgrading my Boardwalk room to a 1 bedroom Villa but since we are only staying 3 nights I decided to go Concierge. My family will apreciate the added service. With the AAA rate it worked out well. I will be there the last week in April. Should I call or email IPO now or wait until I get there? I am not even sure what shows/dinner we want to book yet.

TammiMcMan
02-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Steevo, I would drop them an e-mail. The ladies in the pre-planning department are terrific. At the very least, give them your mailing address and they'll drop some park maps, resort and recreation information into the mail for you.

Tammi

steveanddonna
02-20-2005, 08:37 AM
Oh no...first our oatmeal, now our spring rolls! For all you Poly CL fans, I have bad news: Chef Dick's awesome spring rolls are no more. They've moved the CL food prep area from the 'Ohana kitchen to the luau kitchen and no longer have access to a deep fryer. The spring rolls have been replaved with assorted canapes on Weds. and potato salad on Sat. It's still the same wonderful place to relax and enjoy the magic, but I sure did crave those spring rolls!

wdw47
02-20-2005, 09:13 AM
we will be staying Concierge, decided to go the extra mile and supprise everyone. our first return visit to the Polynesian in over 10 years really looking forward to it. we will be contacting them in january to confirm everything

BCV23
02-20-2005, 09:39 AM
wdw47, what a great surprise for your family! :wizard: It is simply wonderful.

Donna, that is too bad about the spring rolls. They were so tasty. But change happens I guess. The canapes sound interesting. Were they good? And did you have a nice trip?

TammiMcMan
02-20-2005, 11:40 AM
It is unfortunate about the lounge cutbacks. I remember the first time my husband and I stayed in the GF RPC. It was May of 1999 and in the evenings, they had a guest chef from one of the resort restaurants come up to the lounge between 5 and 7pm to cook a dish. I thought it was very impressive.

I really wish that they would come up with an amenity that won't necessarily cost them money, but is a great benefit to staying in concierge. Not sure if it's practical, but perhaps some sort of front of the line access that's similar to the Universal Studio resorts. I know on the cruise ships, the key to the world room key card is gold for the suites. By doing the same with the resort concierge rooms, perhaps they could incorporate a few hours during the day where front of the line access would be available. Just a thought.

Tammi

Goofy's Muse
02-20-2005, 04:57 PM
I agree with you totally, TammiMcMan! I was thinking that even being able to choose one park per day for a front-of-line or unlimited FastPass privilege would be a wonderful concierge perk! ::yes::

BCV23
02-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Hmmm, I can't imagine that happening.

I don't think it would be fair to anyone. Using all value season rates, someone could pay $360 and stay in WL concierge while someone in a regular lagoonview Polynesian room pays $400. So the family from WL would get FOL and the Polynesian family paying more wouldn't?

And if preferential treatment was based on money spent for the room, people in a gardenview GF room are paying around 4.5 times the price of a value room. Should they get FOL or EMH because they are paying more?

Don't think it is going to happen! ;)

steevo
02-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Its not a matter of how much was money is spent...just that it would be nice to have some added park perks for customers willing to go Concierge. I doubt it would happen also but it has nothing to do with fairness.
If everything was "fair" there would be no special rates or discounts..Who wants that?

BCV23
02-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Well, the discounted rates are to fill rooms. Just a business decision.

You want an extra perk but not because of the cost of the room. What is the reason then? Do you think concierge guests are extra special? ;)

Just not following you..... :wave2:

steevo
02-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Concierge guests DO get extra perks :cool1: , regardless of if they paid more or less for the room than other guests. The concierge guest IS paying more, generally speaking! But You made the example that a guest who paid more for a non concierge suite at a different hotel should be entitled to extra services simply because of the price.
A person in a standard concierge room with a discounted rate at the WL gets special perks..The person in the lagoon view at the GF paying rack might pay more for a room but unless they are also concierge, they dont get concierge perks. Doesnt mean one is better or not..just that price and fairness have nothing to do with it.

BCV23
02-20-2005, 09:02 PM
"Concierge guests DO get extra perks :cool1:"

Yes, but not FOL.

"But You made the example that a guest who paid more for a non concierge suite at a different hotel should be entitled to extra services simply because of the price."

Nope, I didn't make this argument at all. I just pointed out that if concierge guests were to get FOL, then why not other guests who are paying more.

"A person in a standard concierge room with a discounted rate at the WL gets special perks..The person in the lagoon view at the GF paying rack might pay more for a room but unless they are also concierge, they dont get concierge perks."

No, but they have the wonderful "perk" of that view. I actually don't think of the views or concierge service and food offerings as perks at all. You pay for them.

"Doesnt mean one is better or not..just that price and fairness have nothing to do with it."

Well, I think that price does have everything to do with it and I still don't think it would be fair to offer FOL to someone paying less than another. You may not like the word fair, but that's OK. ;) Do you prefer justifiable?? At any rate, I don't think it would fly! :sunny:

steveanddonna
02-21-2005, 07:46 AM
I'd have to say that the changes in the lounge weren't so much cutbacks as they were modifications. There was always plenty of food out, possibly a little less variety, and, in spite of being shorthanded in the Lounge with 3 CMs out on vacation or personal leave, the service was terrific. Heather, the new concierge manager, is just trying things to see what works as far as streamlining and cutting waste. She had told us in January about the enormous amounts of food that would be thrown away at the end of each day.

I agree that some little extra intangible would be great - something along the lines of when the Jiko and Boma chefs did meet and greets at the AKL snack service. We of course now have the opportunity to do the private AK safari for concierge guests, so it looks like management is thinking along the same lines. It would be nice to have something unique to the character of each resort - maybe dancers from the luau entertaining at the lounge periodically or a Lilo & Stitch meet and greet. I don't think how much we pay has anything to do with whether we're special or not; there are way too many variations to make that work. By that reasoning, someone with a discounted concierge room that costs less than a rack rate LV standard room should have to give up their right to the lounge and planning services to the person who paid more. We are entitled to "special" treatment, or persk, because we were all astute enough to choose concierge, whether at rack or discounted rates.

BCV23
02-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Donna, glad to hear that there were no cubacks. How were the canapes?

What is Rich doing now, do you know? Heather sounds familar too...was she helping before?

I obviously wasn't clear. I don't think people should get more perks because they are paying more...concierge or lagoon, rack or discount. I just was trying to say that I can't imagine WDW granting FOL to concierge guests over others paying as much or more....or for that matter a family staying at POP. Just doesn't seem very "Disney" to me.

Now that new safari is a nice option. Of course nonconcierge guests can still do the backstage tour as well.

steveanddonna
02-22-2005, 08:20 AM
The canapes were OK, BCV23. I'm not a big canape person (too much bread for me.) My cousin had a hard time with them, as many were seafood based - smoked salmon, salmon mousse, one topped with a scallop slice, etc. There were also turkey, ham, and salami based canapes. They seem rather labor intensive, so I kind of wonder how long they'll last.

Rich is managing the planning office right now; he stopped by the Hawaii building one day, so we did get to chat a bit. He loves what he's doing and is enthusiastic about making the Poly IPO one of the best on property. Heather did work for Disney before, and I believe it was at the Poly. She left for non-Disney pastures, before returning ;ast fall as Poly CL manager. She is very personable and totally "gets" the spirit of the Poly. Rich and Marilyn and I were talking about that very thing - how you can be incredibly competent, smart, efficient, whatever, but if you don't get the spirit of 'ohana, the Poly is not a good fit for you. If you have a feel for the resort, you can learn everything else. I think the best CMs there, and the ones who have stayed the longest, are the CMs who love the resort as much as their guests do.

Mickey Fliers
02-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Need help. Inspired by the "Concierge Etiquette" thread. I am booked at Poly GVC in May and now I am totally freaked out. We have stayed CL before, but not at the Poly. Must people who had issues with lounge etiquette posted that their issues were at the Poly. Please tell me we haven't made the wrong decision. We like CL for the convienence and extra planning service, but I don't want to be around a bunch of people that are "grocery bag fillers". We don't consume copious amounts of food, but if my boys would like a cookie in the afternoon, I would like one to be there.

Tell me I won't be dissappointed. :wizard:

TheIncredibles
02-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Need help. Inspired by the "Concierge Etiquette" thread. I am booked at Poly GVC in May and now I am totally freaked out. We have stayed CL before, but not at the Poly. Must people who had issues with lounge etiquette posted that their issues were at the Poly. Please tell me we haven't made the wrong decision. We like CL for the convienence and extra planning service, but I don't want to be around a bunch of people that are "grocery bag fillers". We don't consume copious amounts of food, but if my boys would like a cookie in the afternoon, I would like one to be there.

I really feel like these are isolated cases and tended to be considered "the norm" when a few stories are collected in one thread over a 2 or 3 year period.

We've always enjoyed plenty of food...the later in the timeframe of the set out period, the less there tends to be, and yes some will take a bit more than others, but I do not see it as a rampant problem.

steveanddonna
02-23-2005, 09:49 AM
MickeyFliers, in all our stays at Poly CL (15) we have had only one visit where rude behavior was rampant, and that was during March of last year when the resort was especially crowded. Even then, there was never a shortage of food and the CMs kept the lounge fairly clean and orderly. In spite of the "this doesn't happen at non-Disney CLs" mantra on the other thread, I have seen this behavior at the Shangri-La in Bangkok, the Peninsula here in Chicago, and at a Loews resort in Tucson. I don't think crass behavior is the norm at the Poly or anywhere else; the other thread was asking for stories/incidents about that sort of behavior. DH and I don't let the ignorant few disrupt our vacation, we just shake our heads at the lack of civility and wonder how they get through daily life. If we saw something that truly disrupted others enjoyment of the lounge, we would just quietly inform a CM and be confident that they would handle it.

ead79
02-23-2005, 10:59 AM

Don't worry! We've done concierge level at the Polynesian 3 times, and enjoyed it very much each trip. Rudeness is definitely the exception, not the rule. Enjoy your trip!

ValerieK
02-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Don't worry! We've done concierge level at the Polynesian 3 times, and enjoyed it very much each trip. Rudeness is definitely the exception, not the rule. Enjoy your trip!

I agree. We saw some of the same rude behaviors in the Roaring Forks in December. Why you would wear your robe and PJ's down to breakfast is beyond me, but people did. :confused3

Tess
02-23-2005, 11:43 AM
You're more likely to see a snake in the grass than boors in the lounge! While both exist, you are unlikely to notice either. :rolleyes1

Enjoy your stay at our favorite concierge service on property!

BTW, does anyone else feel the reason for more Polynesian stories has more to do with the size of that service as compared to the other resorts? I know the capacity in Hawaii seems greater than the other resorts in which we've stayed--can't speak to S/D though. . .could be too the island theme appeals to more of the laid back folks than the other more staid resorts. . .

Julia M
02-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Is anyone familiar with the coffee service at the Poly lounge? Is the coffee served in coffee cups, or in disposable cups with lids?

I drink my coffee slowly, so I don't like the regular mug style. Either my coffee gets cold (and then I don't like it) or I would have to pour a little, and keep jumping up. I'll bring my own insulated Mickey mug with lid, rather than using those! :earsboy: (I hope that wouldn't be considered tacky??)

Julia :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Tess
02-23-2005, 12:01 PM
You can pour your coffee in a cup/saucer OR utilize a Mickey styrofoam "to go" cup/lid. Your choice all the time! :wizard:

Mickey Fliers
02-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Thank you for all of the encouragement. I knew that these had to be mostly isolated incidents. I am actually looking forward to a more "laid back" lounge. We have three little boys (7,5 and2) who are extremely well behaved, but we always felt like we were getting the "evil eye" when we were at the YC lounge. My boys have been going 4 and 5 star hotels all over the world for most of thier lives, but I still think that some people see kids and just assume "oh no, more snotty kids to mess up our good time".

Oh gosh, rambling.... :crazy:

Again, thanks for the encouragement. I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and we are more than excited. :cheer2:

lovesdumbo
02-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Mickey Fliers-I just got to say I'm another Poly CL lover here. I've been 3 times and have only witness one incident. There was a family with a few kids and the parents were totally ignoring the kids basically having a pillow fight with the sofa cushions. We left pretty quick so our kids wouldn't think that behavior was OK. I've honestly seen much worse in the parks (or my own neighborhood).

I think you'll just LOVE the Poly! It is such a great choice with your boys. Easy to get to MK and direct monorail to Epcot is just a short walk away. I think you & boys will love the pool and the tiki torches at night. I liked the YC but I LOVE the Poly-especially with young children. It feels like such a nice secluded escape from the parks and yet you can see the Castle and Space Mountain and hear the train whistle. It is pure magic to me!

I kept reading negative review of the Poly before my 1st trip and got pretty nervous but I'm so glad I tried if for myself.

Angel16
02-24-2005, 12:36 PM
To all that have concerns about The Poly :love: You will love it. I have stayed at the Poly twice in the past. (when I was single) :rolleyes: But we are leaving for our first CL Poly stay in May. We can not wait!

We stayed at AKL CL and SOG last October. During our visit at SOG we walked over to the Poly many times. People we so friendly, both guests and staff. The Poly has some great places to enjoy a quite moment or have a great meal.

We are on :cloud9: to be going for a week this year.

I wish you a wonderful vacation. I'm sure it will be. :goodvibes

:earsgirl:

eddieras
02-26-2005, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=lovesdumbo]I think you'll just LOVE the Poly! It is such a great choice with your boys. Easy to get to MK and direct monorail to Epcot is just a short walk away. I think you & boys will love the pool and the tiki torches at night. I liked the YC but I LOVE the Poly-especially with young children. It feels like such a nice secluded escape from the parks and yet you can see the Castle and Space Mountain and hear the train whistle. It is pure magic to me!
QUOTE]

lovesdumbo- can you give some advice? we'll be going to ohana for dinner before our Wishes Cruise in May. How much time would you allow for dinner (theres 10 of us - 4 kids)?? also, if we're done early before the boat departs what is there to do for the kids at the Poly- if we have 30-60 minutes to kill? they're ages 9,6,5.
thanks!

ducklite
02-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Thank you for all of the encouragement. I knew that these had to be mostly isolated incidents. I am actually looking forward to a more "laid back" lounge. We have three little boys (7,5 and2) who are extremely well behaved, but we always felt like we were getting the "evil eye" when we were at the YC lounge. My boys have been going 4 and 5 star hotels all over the world for most of thier lives, but I still think that some people see kids and just assume "oh no, more snotty kids to mess up our good time".

Oh gosh, rambling.... :crazy:

Again, thanks for the encouragement. I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and we are more than excited. :cheer2:

You hit the nail on the head about the YC lounge! I've stayed at the PR twice, and both times have seen some rather piggish behaviour, but what can you do. I prefer the atmosphere at the PR, the YC lounge was more like a restaurant, no comfortable seating areas, just tables and chairs, and not comfortable ones at that! And the CM's at the YC seemed like we were bothering them, while at the PR they couldn't do enough for you.

I enjoy well behaved, properly supervised children. It's the hellions (like the pillow fighters described above) that tick me off, and their parents need a good whack of reality as well. Unlike many others, I have no problem telling children to stop what they are doing when it's out of line disruptive or dangerous (like a pillow fight in the lounge). I've actually never had a parent say anything to me for reprimanding their kids, I think they are actually glad, because they are too lazy/scared/ill-equipped to do it themselves. And the first time someone does say something, I'll tell them that maybe they need to become parents, because they procreating and parenting are two different animals.

Anne

ducklite
02-26-2005, 08:47 AM
lovesdumbo- can you give some advice? we'll be going to ohana for dinner before our Wishes Cruise in May. How much time would you allow for dinner (theres 10 of us - 4 kids)?? also, if we're done early before the boat departs what is there to do for the kids at the Poly- if we have 30-60 minutes to kill? they're ages 9,6,5.
thanks!

I'm not loves Dumbo, but I'd allow 75 minutes for dinner at OHana, and 15 minutes for a potty stop and walk to the marina after. If you have an hour to kill you could take the monorail around the loop, walk to the GF and back along the shore, or visit the arcade.

Anne

ducklite
02-26-2005, 08:51 AM
I drink my coffee slowly, so I don't like the regular mug style. Either my coffee gets cold (and then I don't like it) or I would have to pour a little, and keep jumping up. I'll bring my own insulated Mickey mug with lid, rather than using those! :earsboy: (I hope that wouldn't be considered tacky??)

Julia :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I don't think it's tacky at all. I do it, but for a different reason. I drink alot of tea. Generally the equivalent of 4-8 travel mugs a day. To get tea in the thimbles they call cups is ridiculous, that's a swallow for me ;) And it wastes tea bags. So I bring my travel mug (holds about 3 times the amount of a styro cup) and use that. The only problem is, at the PR your travel mug won't fit under the "spigot" for the hot water. You'll have to pour it into a cup then into your mug.

Anne

ducklite
02-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I agree. We saw some of the same rude behaviors in the Roaring Forks in December. Why you would wear your robe and PJ's down to breakfast is beyond me, but people did. :confused3

:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

You just made my jaw drop!

Anne

lovesdumbo
02-28-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm not loves Dumbo, but I'd allow 75 minutes for dinner at OHana, and 15 minutes for a potty stop and walk to the marina after. If you have an hour to kill you could take the monorail around the loop, walk to the GF and back along the shore, or visit the arcade.

Anne

Thanks for answering Anne. I don't make it here as often as I'd like. I would have forgotten all about the arcade. The Poly has a couple of gift shops and it is a really nice walk to the GF.

BCV23
02-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I don't think it's tacky at all. I do it, but for a different reason. I drink alot of tea. Generally the equivalent of 4-8 travel mugs a day. To get tea in the thimbles they call cups is ridiculous, that's a swallow for me ;) And it wastes tea bags. So I bring my travel mug (holds about 3 times the amount of a styro cup) and use that. The only problem is, at the PR your travel mug won't fit under the "spigot" for the hot water. You'll have to pour it into a cup then into your mug.

Anne

I drink tea like you do, Anne. Lots!!! :sunny: With the new expresso machines in the lounge at the Polynesian I was able to stick my large DVC mug under with no problem when we were in concierge in October. Very hot water as well....great for tea.

#1hockeymom
02-28-2005, 06:26 PM
*posting to whisper that she had her Swan/Dolphin sorority mug on AKL's club level last July* It was still sorority rush week and it is so darn cute I am totally attached to it! Nice big size, too! Disbug did well! What other mug announces my #1hockeymom name and logo! *an invitation to sit and chat... or run for your life! LOL*

ducklite
03-01-2005, 09:34 AM
I drink tea like you do, Anne. Lots!!! :sunny: With the new expresso machines in the lounge at the Polynesian I was able to stick my large DVC mug under with no problem when we were in concierge in October. Very hot water as well....great for tea.

Great to know!! The old system had lukewarm water... :sad2:

Anne

SeaSpray
03-14-2005, 04:44 PM
I have a question about our split stay. The first part of our stay will be at the Wilderness Lodge concierge, followed by the Polynesian concierge. How does this get handled? Do we go to the WL concierge desk to check out, and go over to the Polynesian concierge desk to check in? I'm a little bummed about not arriving by limo to the Polynesian because I loved the idea of being taken on a tour of the resort grounds in a golf cart, then dropped off at the Hawaii building. Is there any way we can still get the tour even though, I guess, we'll just be taking the boat or monorail from the WL to the Polynesian? Will concierge handle moving our luggage for us?

Thanks for any info on this! :)

lovesdumbo
03-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Yes they will take care of your luggage. I don't see why you couldn't ask the bellman if you could get a quick tour-how else will you get into the Hawaii building? I would take the monorail over which arrives on the 2nd floor of the lobby. Go down to 1st floor street level and out to the bellman and ask where to check in for concierge. I would think they would take you over even without arriving in limo with luggage.

TammiMcMan
03-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Technically, you'd probably have express check-out and there'd be no need to stop by the concierge desk at the WL. I probably would anyway, just to coordinate the change over. Perhaps the CM could call the Poly to verify if and when you're new room will be ready. That will help you decide when to leave the WL as you can still use their lounge and facilities all day. Bell services will take care of transporting your luggage from one location to the other. As for the tour, just because you are not arriving by car, you should still get it if you want it. If you are leaving from the WL and going directly to the Poly, then the concierge CM's should be able to coordinate your arrival and pick you up at the boat dock for your tour and private check-in. It's not a limo, but that would still be pretty cool way to arrive :cool1: .

Tammi

VAgal76
03-19-2005, 10:49 AM
I hope you guys can answer my strange question. There are 5 of us for this trip so the whole how many bathrooms question has come up. Am I correct that the AKL 1 bdrm suite has bath and a half? Does the CR 1 bdrm suite have bath and a half or is there a shower stall in the 2nd bathroom? I can't really tell and I'm having a hard time locating info on this. Leave it to me to ask the "potty" question - LOL! I just don't want any bathroom wars while we are on vacation if you know what I mean. ;) :crazy:

#1hockeymom
03-19-2005, 12:54 PM
The one bedroom suite has a bath and a half. The full bath has a separate toilet room once you are in the bathroom. The vanity/bath part has a huge jetted tub, a separate shower big enough for a party, and a two sink counter area. To make it a two bedroom suite you'd be adding on a reg room to the lock off area near the entry way.
I am sure someone will come along to answer the Cont. questions!

sters
03-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Do the concierge lounges have bathrooms? I'm only asking because we'd like to swim before our room is ready but would need a place to change. Or on the other end of the trip, swim after we "check out" since we're likely to have a late flight home.

pirateofthecarolinas
03-19-2005, 04:04 PM
There are restroom/changing facilities at all of the resort pools. The CL also have restrooms but I think you would prefer to change at the pool area. You can also use the CL until time for your flight.

Lori

sters
03-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the quick replay, that helps a lot.

Another question: Do they have internet connections at the AKL and/or can the conceriege staff print our boarding passes? We're most likely flying Southwest and I understand that the earlier in the day you can print these up the better.

pirateofthecarolinas
03-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Yes, the CL staff can print your boarding passes. You do want to print out boarding passes for SWA as early as possible so that you will get an "A" pass.

Lori

minijeanie
03-19-2005, 05:41 PM
staying at CR for 3 nites and booked one nite at CR concierge.....
so excited

anyone know a website that will tell me what food/drink is offered?

Kteacher
03-22-2005, 04:12 PM
I need help from all you concierge experts :) I just switched from a tower room at the CR to a 12th floor room. I understand the part about this being " concierge lite ", but never having stayed at any level of concierge before, I'm not sure what what I need to do first. Our trip is 7/27-8/6, about a month too early to make PSs . I booked through a TA, so from what I understand, I should contact the CR concierge staff. Don't want to sound like a complete idiot, but do I give them my PS list now? What kind of special requests can I make? We're celebrating my daughter's 13th birthday, and I wanted to surprise her with a cake at dinner. Will the concierge staff take care of this for me even though we are only booked in a 12th floor room? Sorry so many questions, but thanks in advance :)

TammiMcMan
03-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Concierge "light" is really just an indication of what type of servings you'll see in the lounge. To be more accurate, you won't have complimentary wine or beer available with the 5pm-7pm serving and typically you won't see that final dessert and cordial serving at 8pm. Other than that, the pre-planning and staff assistance should be exactly the same as a full concierge.

If you want to check out the first posting on this thread, you'll find the CR contact information. You can absolutely send them your priority seating requests right now. They won't be able to put them in until the appropriate window time, but as soon as they do, they'll send a personalized itinerary with all your times and confirmation numbers. If you wanted spa appointments, a Wishes cruise, Cirque tickets, etc. the staff can take all those requests for you also.

Another benefit is that the staff will make arrangements for a special occasion. You can request some gifts to be purchased and delivered to your room, special dining or a special cake. They would just need to have your credit card information on file. Another DIS'er just posted about wanting a special cake for her wedding anniversary. They are staying at the Poly concierge and she's ordering the cake from the GF bakery. Normally, you would have to pick it up yourself or it can be delivered to any restaurant at the GF, but she reported that after speaking to her pre-planning team, they will make the arrangements and have it delivered during dinner at the Poly. For a price, I'm sure they could arrange to have Prince Charming deliver the cake to her princess: . Don't be shy about asking. Concierge is much more than the snacks you receive in the lounge.

Tammi

ducklite
03-22-2005, 04:59 PM
The one bedroom suite has a bath and a half. The full bath has a separate toilet room once you are in the bathroom. The vanity/bath part has a huge jetted tub, a separate shower big enough for a party, and a two sink counter area. To make it a two bedroom suite you'd be adding on a reg room to the lock off area near the entry way.
I am sure someone will come along to answer the Cont. questions!

The suite we were in at the AKL did NOT have a graden tub, and it was NOT jetted. It was just a regular tub, although there was lots of room at the foot of it for all your "stuff".

Anne

#1hockeymom
03-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Anne, We also had a King bed in that bedroom and I have noticed some of them have two queens. I think I was very lucky! :) I was on the fourth floor, right under where Janet2k had her suite. Our second bedroom was a queen/bunk/day combo.

ducklite
03-22-2005, 05:11 PM
We had a king bed, and the lockoff was as you descibe, a queen and bunks.

Anne

Kteacher
03-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Tammi- thanks so much for all the great info. I guess I need to get busy planning my PS. I see you are from Saugus- is the Hilltop steak house still as good as it was a few years ago :) ?

TammiMcMan
03-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Tammi- thanks so much for all the great info. I guess I need to get busy planning my PS. I see you are from Saugus- is the Hilltop steak house still as good as it was a few years ago :) ?The Hilltop is still popular, although they don't have the long wait lines like they used to. My Florida relatives make it a point to eat there whenever they visit. The lobster pie is still their favorite.

Tammi

funnybunny921
03-23-2005, 11:29 AM
I posted this on the theme parks and stratagies page, but thought you folks might know as well...

I am staying in a concierge room at the CR. Can I reserve a spot on the safari even though I am not staying at the AKL? :sunny:

I really want to do this with my new DH when we are on our honeymoon. :groom: :bride:

Also, is the safari only on certain days, or is it every morning? That might effect if it is possible or not.

Thanks for your help!!

eddieras
03-23-2005, 11:36 AM
you must be a akl concierge to do the sunrise safari tho they did add another private safari for other concierge guest- not sure on the details tho! i know its during regular park hours

beginning in april the sunrise safari is thurs and sunday

hope that helps! :flower:

LV2TUMBLE
03-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi...I'm going to be at the Beach Club for my honeymoon in the beginning of October. My fiance and I are HUGE :earsboy: Disney people! In fact, he proposed and surprised me with a trip to the Beach Club for our engagement that NEXT DAY! Having only stayed at Moderate resorts, I was so excited. I truly felt like a princess! Anyways, for our honeymoon we're going to Hawaii and then OF COURSE back to Disney at the Beach Club. We booked the 1 bedroom suite on the concierge level. Has anyone stayed in this type of room at the BC? How does it differ than the regular rooms, outside of concierge? Does it have a big tub? I would like to do something nice for my fiance because Disney will end our honeymoon...any special ideas? I already contacted the Itinerary office to hopefully get a Wishes cruise.

funnybunny921
03-23-2005, 12:13 PM
thanks :( I had gotten excited b/c i thought it was open for all concierge guests...

on the wdw website it says "...the Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure — an exclusive early-morning tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park — offered only to a limited number of Concierge-level Guests for an additional fee"

I was hoping it meant that any concierge guest could use it... but i thought I had read on the boards before that it was only open to AKL guests.

TammiMcMan
03-23-2005, 02:15 PM
on the wdw website it says "...the Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure — an exclusive early-morning tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park — offered only to a limited number of Concierge-level Guests for an additional fee"

I was hoping it meant that any concierge guest could use it... but i thought I had read on the boards before that it was only open to AKL guests.That quote is under the concierge amenities listing for the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Unfortunately, it does only pertain to those guests that are staying in concierge level at that resort.

funnybunny921
03-23-2005, 02:24 PM
thanks for your help :) , as an FYI they do have an hour long off-the-beaten-path Safari offered to guests at 10 and 1 everyday. these were just started and cost $45. There is no meal with the tour, but a % og the money does go to their wild life fund.

(I decided to call the concierge with some other questions I have had lately.)

Julia M
03-26-2005, 04:32 PM
A couple more concierge questions.......

Should I have the concierge staff or DU make my PS's for meals? Do they also make PS's for the Candlelight Processional or MVMCP? Or does DU?

Since we're going over Xmas, I think I will need PS's. I know when we were at WDW at Easter break in 2001, people were being turned away without PS's. I tend to like to eat at sit down restaurants more when it's crowded....kind of a "get away" from the crowds.

Julia

TammiMcMan
03-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Julia,

While DU will certainly provide you the service of booking your PS's, I would suggest going through the concierge pre-planning staff. I can't be sure that you'll get special treatment, but I do believe that your reservation does show up as being made by concierge. It might mean a nicer table, or something with a view. They can also take care of Candlelight Processional and MVMCP tickets. They'll just need to have a credit card number on file.

We stayed at the YC a few weeks before Christmas and the pre-planning staff also assisted me with some park shopping beforehand. I also sent a package of gifts down for my family (including a small tree) and they had everything set up in the room when we arrived.

Tammi

eddieras
03-26-2005, 08:01 PM
i would definately recommend going thru concierge-- not only are they extremely nice and helpful but they most often can score the tough to get PS-

got CRT at the exact day/ time i wanted
got wishes cruise and illuminations cruise - all thru AKL concierge!

Julia M
03-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Julia,

We stayed at the YC a few weeks before Christmas and the pre-planning staff also assisted me with some park shopping beforehand. I also sent a package of gifts down for my family (including a small tree) and they had everything set up in the room when we arrived.

Tammi

Tammi,

We will also be there over Xmas (12/19-12/27). So, if I sent our very small tree and a few wrapped presents ahead of time....I'd be able to have it set up for us? That would be awesome......what a GREAT surprise for my kids! I would have never thought of that.

Julia :flower:

TammiMcMan
03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Julia, I was able to send my packages right to the IPO department at the YC. They got it directly and had no issue with setting everything up for us. We didn't arrive at the resort until about 10 at night though, so they did have plenty of time to accomplish it. It really was a wondeful surprise for my family.

Tammi

Kteacher
04-02-2005, 07:39 AM
I have a question regarding PSs. Will I need to give my list to the concierge staff on or before the 90 day mark? I've already given them the 2 definites for my DD's birthday- CRT, and CG, but I'm still trying to figure out the pattern for EMHs, and I'm not sure I'll know what parks on what days at the 90 day mark. What are my chances of getting the PSs that I want if I let concierge know after the 90 day mark?

KerryCM
04-02-2005, 07:53 AM
In my experiences I will let the planners know where I want to eat and the approximate time. they keep an eye out for the EMH for you, at least Alana has. They put all your requests into their computers and when the appropriate window arrives they make your PS

eddieras
04-02-2005, 07:55 AM
i would set up everything you want before the 90 day mark, but tell them you're other preferences. for example, we got the fantasmic dinner pkg, but at 330, too early. but the concierge put a note on the system to keep checking for a later seating as the hours change and open up more seating. so they'll do it automatically for you!

Goofy's Muse
04-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I have a question regarding PSs. Will I need to give my list to the concierge staff on or before the 90 day mark? I've already given them the 2 definites for my DD's birthday- CRT, and CG, but I'm still trying to figure out the pattern for EMHs, and I'm not sure I'll know what parks on what days at the 90 day mark. What are my chances of getting the PSs that I want if I let concierge know after the 90 day mark?

In our experience, we "knew what we wanted" at the 90 day mark and the Epcot IPO Office followed through with all of our requests. For various reasons, we did need to/want to change several PSs significantly after the 90 day mark -- OK to be honest, we even made some changes within a week of our departure. We needed to bump up head count and totally change times and days due to park hour changes and other things. We were not disappointed... the IPO staff were very accommodating. It's probably good that you're definite for CRT because that one might be a little trickier for working last minute magic, but the staff really do aim to please and they are quite resourceful! ;)

Kteacher
05-08-2005, 11:17 AM
I love concierge :cloud9: They just emailed me our itinerary with our PSs :cool1: So how will I possibly go back to non-concierge after such great service ????? :)

TammiMcMan
05-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I love concierge :cloud9: They just emailed me our itinerary with our PSs :cool1: So how will I possibly go back to non-concierge after such great service ????? :)I think we all warned you this might happen ;) . Seriously though, you just need to look at every vacation separately. Due to time restraints or park touring plans, sometimes it just doesn't make sense to go concierge. When that happens, you just have something to look forward to for your next Disney trip.

Tammi

joliesmom
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm splitting my stay between CR 14th floor and AKL CL, can anyone recommend room requests or opinions of their stay? We stayed last year at Poly CL and we weren't impressed by the CL (sorry IMO). I would stay at the Poly again though but I want to try other CL's. Thanks!

twojo21
05-09-2005, 12:54 PM
hi dis!

can you ship boxes down to the conceriege to have in your room? we are debating on staying at the boardwalk garden suites for our wdw wedding this march & wanted to ship down some wedding boxes (welcome bags, candles, snacks, etc) to have in our room/waiting rather than fly with them. does anyone know what the limit for items is? we have 10 boxes.

VAgal76
05-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Joliesmom - I LOVED the AKL CL. :love: The IPO staff were terrific & the CM's in the lounge were personable. We're doing the same split as you this year also. I'm also having a good experience with BWI IPO and can't wait to visit that lounge in just a week and a half. I've not visited the CR 14th floor, but I've heard mostly good things about it. Remember, there are only 16 rooms and suites on that floor so they tend to give you very personal attention on that level. Sorry the Poly didn't live up to your expectations. I've seen mixed reviews - so it's all in what you like and what you expect. Hopefully, this stay will turn things around for you and you'll find a new "home."

twojo21 - Yes, you can ship boxes down to concierge to have items put in your room prior to your arrival. I'd send IPO an e-mail and let them know how many you tend to ship...10 boxes of goodies - WOW!

GoofyJoofy
05-09-2005, 02:15 PM
hi dis!

can you ship boxes down to the conceriege to have in your room? we wanted to ship down some wedding boxes (welcome bags, candles, snacks, etc) to have in our room/waiting rather than fly with them. does anyone know what the limit for items is? we have 10 boxes.

As VAgal76 said, yes you can ship things to concierge and have them waiting for you in your room. Read TammiMcMan's comments on page 16 about her Christmas trip at YC.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Ergens2
05-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Can anyone answer this for me. Where do you check in for CR 14th floor? Should I let the valet know when I get there that we are concierge guests? I know at the Poly they take you over to the lounge to check in and at the WL we went upstairs and checked in. We are very confused as to what we should do. Also how soon should I contact IPO? We booked through DU so I know they don't have our info. Please help! :sunny:

VAgal76
05-09-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm not completely positive about this, but I think you should tell valet you are staying concierge on the 14th floor upon arrival. I think I read on another post that some have checked in upstairs instead of the front desk. I'm hoping someone will chime in to make sure this is right. :flower:

Tigger_Magic
05-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Can anyone answer this for me. Where do you check in for CR 14th floor? Should I let the valet know when I get there that we are concierge guests? I know at the Poly they take you over to the lounge to check in and at the WL we went upstairs and checked in. We are very confused as to what we should do. Also how soon should I contact IPO? We booked through DU so I know they don't have our info. Please help! :sunny: When you arrive, tell the valet or bellman that you are staying on the 14th floor. (This also applies if you are staying on the 12th floor -- Tower Club.) They will either loan you a key for the elevator or walk you to the elevator and insert their key so you can access the buttons for the 12th or 14th floor.

If you are staying on either concierge level at CR, you check in on that floor, not at the lobby check-in desk. It is wonderful, because you can sit down while you check-in and even grab a soft drink or snack. My girls loved it when we stayed in the Tower Club last Nov. -- they got to sit at the table and watch the monorail while my wife and I got our keys, maps, checked PS, etc. It is a great way to start your Disney vacation!

psar
05-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Could someone please tell me where we would check in for the BWI. thanks :earsgirl: