PDA

View Full Version : If you ever stayed at POP Century....

debra1970
11-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Staying at POP Century in a few weeks (yeah!!!) and I have read before that people request rooms on the end of the halls/for anybody that has stayed at POP, would you request and end room or does that sound stupid????

Deb

goofylarry46
11-11-2004, 06:35 PM
WE stayed there in October. My DW, DD, we loved it. Stayed in the 70s building room 323. IT was very quite, not far from the food court. You should try the frozen coke. Hope your family has as a great time. We are going back in January going to atay at POP again. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
11-11-2004, 06:43 PM
We stayed at POP in August in the 60's section. We didn't do any room requests and no problems with noise.

Magic2000
11-11-2004, 07:20 PM
We stayed at Pop Century during the week of July 4th, and had a great time!!!! We were in the 60s bldg (w/Mowgli & Baloo) and our room overlooked the kiddy pool (it was the 2nd to last room on the 3rd floor).

It was very quiet - we never heard any outside noise. Pop Century is a really nice place to stay - we're headed back in a few weeks!!!

Enjoy your stay!!!

dbail2
11-11-2004, 07:41 PM
I wonder how it will be decorated for Christmas?? We may stay there in 2 rooms in 3 weeks or the Poly for double the price for only one room...

Ilovestitch
11-11-2004, 08:22 PM
There was a x-mas tree decorated in the lobby last year I think

floridagirrl2
11-11-2004, 08:33 PM
We stayed there two weeks ago and were in a room near the elevators. It was VERY noisy, with lots of kids running by and yelling at all times of the morning and night. We loved POP, and will definitely stay there again and request a room at the end of the hall, far from the elevators.

TigrLvsPooh
11-12-2004, 08:31 AM
We've stayed there a few times. I wouldn't worry about asking for an end room... I would concentrate on trying to get 70's B because it's very close to the food court and the bus stop.

CheshireVal
11-12-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by dbail2
I wonder how it will be decorated for Christmas?? We may stay there in 2 rooms in 3 weeks or the Poly for double the price for only one room...

Pop is actually quite pretty for Christmas. There's a big tree in the lobby, small Christmas trees in the windows of the lounge, and garland hanging all over the food court. :teeth:

EpcotBill
11-12-2004, 02:01 PM
We stayed in an end room, room 1472. That's in the '50's A bldg. Kids would run down the hall all the time. We could hear them running the length of our room and then past our door. The little darlings.:mad:

cyndibelle
11-12-2004, 03:39 PM
we stayed there in february and loved it..no problems at all..we will be back there in three weeks!!!!

cruise182
11-12-2004, 07:26 PM
They should rename it from POP century to FLOP century.....nothing more then a flop house in my book or a glorified motel. The worst part was the rat traps in shrubs as you walked back from the lobby on the back side of 50's/////

Minnie&Nana
11-12-2004, 08:03 PM
You'll find rat traps at every Disney resort, not just the POP. I did not actually see a rat at the POP but I did at the Poly and CBR.

Rats come with the Palm trees.

cruise182
11-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Yes i understand about rats but come on......this is Disney...hide the darn things under a fake rock or something be a little imaginitve!!

dgaston
11-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Better rat traps than the dead rat I saw on the walkway from HM to Splash Mt during an enight!!:eek:

djm99
11-13-2004, 10:07 AM
I stayed in the 70's building in room 336. It was a corner room and IMHO perfect location. It wasn't in the "preferred" buildings but in this resort none of the building are far away. The 70's buildings are literally right next to the "perferred" building. It took maybe 4 minutes to walk to the main building. If I ever return to Pop I would stay in the same building because it was sooo close.

Minnie&Nana
11-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by djm99
I stayed in the 70's building in room 336. It was a corner room and IMHO perfect location.

Do you what the first number was? That would tell which building you were in...1st number is building, second is floor and the next is the room number....:)

Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed your stay so much! We did as well, in the 50's section :)

:wave:

p.s. DD is soooo cute!!!!!

CdnDisneyNut
11-13-2004, 12:07 PM
We were in 1124 (50 section) In the center of the building close to the ice machine and elevators. Did not notice any noise.

chesirekate
11-13-2004, 01:04 PM
We loved Pop when we were there in September and are going back in three weeks. I keep reading about how loud it was for some people and all I can say is we had the exact opposite experience. We heard *nothing* at all. I didn't even know we had neighbors until I saw the displays mousekeeping put in the windows. We were about half way down the hall in 60's, I think building A (had the Playdough can by the elevators). The only noisy/crowded area of the entire resort was the dining hall which seemed to always be packed. I'm hoping for 50's or 70's section this time, 80's and 90's seems to be rather far from Classic Hall (though not too far from the bus stops if you use the front walkways along the parking lot).

djm99
11-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by BaciBecky
Do you what the first number was? That would tell which building you were in...1st number is building, second is floor and the next is the room number....:)

Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed your stay so much! We did as well, in the 50's section :)

Building B. They house room number 0101-0475 and we were in 0336 - a corner room. Maybe this will help better....

My Pop Century Map (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p3044d29a8d0defebb11c6fae0387782a/f646ec5c.jpg.orig.jpg)

Minnie&Nana
11-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Thank you much!

nativetxn
11-13-2004, 08:07 PM
I was there in October, 50's building 3. My room was 3335. I could see Illuminations from the walkway outside my door and part of WISHes, too. A nice view of hourglass lake, too :)

I thought it was a great location.

KilleriMac17
11-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by cruise182
Yes i understand about rats but come on......this is Disney...hide the darn things under a fake rock or something be a little imaginitve!!

uhh,if the traps were under a fake rock, you realize the rats then would not get in the traps. I was ap pop, never saw rats or traps, but I didnt go looking for things either..

peacefulgirl
11-15-2004, 03:39 AM
I didnt see any RATs at ALMO, but I did see a hedge hog thingy one night .... but I NEVER heard of Rats being there ... wish I didnt know that now :( .

But I am so busy looking around at all the decor, I'de have to step on one to realize its there .... Hey ... I think they do a great job at these resorts ... mother nature still exists ... even in Disney ....

:earsgirl: PG

Robundrh2o
11-15-2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks for all the info, I didn't see it posted here, but in y'alls opinion what is the best bldg to see the fireworks from. I am doing the single digit dance and want to know exactly what to ask for this saturday when we check in. Thanks.

Minnie&Nana
11-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Robundrh2o
Thanks for all the info, I didn't see it posted here, but in y'alls opinion what is the best bldg to see the fireworks from. I am doing the single digit dance and want to know exactly what to ask for this saturday when we check in. Thanks.

I think fi you request at check-in that you'd like to be able to see Illuminations and fireworks they will know which buildings work best from what rooms are available.

I've read mostly 50's with a lake view, but I think someone who stayed in 70's said they saw them too. It is in the distance, but still fun..and you can see them best on the walkway outside your door. The windows are small at POP.

We were in room 2456, building 2 (behind the Juke Box), 4th fl, facing the Lake and parking lot. Could see Wishes in the distance and top of Illuminations quite well.

Good luck!

djm99
11-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by BaciBecky

Here we go....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p3044d29a8d0defebb11c6fae0387782a/f646ec5c.jpg