PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Decorations and Big Trains

MilouPA
11-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Where are all the holiday big trains at WDW?

I'm looking to get photos of any and all large scale trains (approximately 1/2" scale -- same trains that run at Epcot between Germany and Italy) that run in the WDW resorts during the holidays. In the past, I've seen one running at the Yacht Club, at the Grand Floridian and the Swolphin (I can't remember which!) -- they've all been LGB trains, repainted to match the resort's decor.

I'm wondering if the resort holiday decorations are basically the same year after year, or if they change? And more importantly, is there anyone to contact at WDW who could easily answer the "where are the trains"question?

Minnie's Mate
11-11-2004, 07:38 PM
The train at the "Swolphin" is at the Dolphin. It is very large in scale. I think it is large enough for kids to ride on, but I don't think they let anyone ride it now.

I think there is a small scall train in a small village at the Swan, but I can't remember for sure.

The GF, CR, AKL, and Polynesian don't have trains, I don't know about the others.

MilouPA
11-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks... I will definite check at the Dolphin for the trains!

The trains I'm referring to aren't big enough to ride on -- but they look great running through a gingerbread village, which is where I've often seen then at WDW resorts.

jwfla422
11-12-2004, 11:33 AM
And from checking out the holiday happenings at the S/D it looks like they will have a Twilight Magic Light show on Sun, Mon, Wed and Friday at 6pm. The train surrounds a huge Christmas tree.

FINFAN
11-12-2004, 01:15 PM
The train at the Dolpohin is larger than what you are describing to find, but totally worth seeing. There is a small picket fence that keeps little ones from hopping on surrounding it.

MilouPA
11-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Thanks, everyone!

I've found some photos of the trains I'm looking for at Coronado Springs and the Grand Floridian, although the photos were taken in previous years.

Looks like I will be making the rounds of the resorts while we're there... which is a Good Thing™!

:teeth: