PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary ideas???

Peter_noPan
11-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Our family will be arriving at CR the day after Thanksgiving, which is our 10th anniversary.

We tried to get a room in the tower but they were filled :(.

Any ideas of ways to make it special?

Should I fax the hotel letting them know?

I am thinking about calling the florest for a flower arrangment in your room, but with the knowledge on this board I thought you may have some good ideas for me.

Thanks for your help.

TLinden16
11-12-2004, 07:29 AM
Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

I don't have any ideas, but I figured I'd give it a bump in case someone who has an idea missed the thread :)

Karen

salbythec
11-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Happy anniversary!!! Let the hotel know now and also when you check in ! ( they will do something special) We did this for our friends at BC and they recieved a card from mickey,balloons, and a happy anniversary pin. Also make sure its noted on your PS's. Tell them when you check in for your PS as well.:hyper:

micks
11-12-2004, 09:51 AM
We just celebrated out 10th anniversary at Disney! I told the CM when confirming our reservations and we received balloons and a signed card with a picture of Mickey and Minnie. I also told the Host at Le Cellier when we checked in for our anniversary dinner and we received a free dessert with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. You can also contact www.disneyflorist.com - I used them for welcome baskets for our family that was travelling with us. They are SO easy to work with and did a terrific job on all of our stuff. Good luck and Happy Anniversary!!

johnsonet
11-12-2004, 10:03 AM
I recommend Disneyflorist as well. Their baskets are really great-looking in person and a very festive touch. They will deliver it to your room once you've checked in. You will come "home" to your room after being in the parks all day and a great basket will be waiting for the Family! Trust me, it's awesome! They have a yummy-sounding chocolate basket...Flowers would be really nice, too! My DH did that for me one trip when DD and I went alone. It was very nice::yes:: Good Luck and Happy Anniversary! Also, you never know, maybe at check-in a room in the tower will have opened up. Call 5 days before your check-in date and maybe someone will have cancelled their room-only reservation!:wave:

DISNEYBIGGDOGG
11-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Bumping since I am in the same boat.;)

Bugsmom73
11-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Keep trying, call daily if you have too. Things do open up. Let them know. DH went on our HM and got a neat box of chocolates, made out of chocolate and some free champ. flutes at CRT and a magical moments sheet. We are going for our ann, albeit a little early and we are getting to stay at WL, which is where we wanted to stay on our HM. The florist is a great idea, I did that for DH and DD and when we go in a couple of years with a friend who has never been, we will do it for her too. She is going along to help with the kids.

goofydad621
11-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the ideas for me as well. We will be celebrating our 11th while there.

I made my wife a reservation for a message and facial over the GF. I will our DD 6yr for breakfast and then maybe explore FW and my wife gets a relaxing morning. Coffee on the balcony with pastries then off to the spa.

Enjoy your trip

johnsonet
11-12-2004, 02:02 PM
goofydad621

::yes:: princess: :earseek: :cutie: :cheer2:
NICE!!

Angel16
11-12-2004, 05:50 PM
We just returned from our 25th anniversary trip. We were there on "the" day and it was wonderful. What we did was schedule special things on certain days for each other. My DH planned our whole day doing things he felt I would enjoy. He started with breakfast at Chef Mickey's, Boy did we have fun. Then we took a ride on the monorail around the Poly, MK and back to CR. He made sure we had the front seats pilot spot. So much fun! He had ressies for dinner at Yachesman Steakhouse that evening and we had a fantastic dinner. After dinner he had made arrangements for two lounge chairs on the beach with a bottle of our favorite wine and a long stem rose. He then gave me White and Yellow gold Movado watch with diamonds around the face. It was a pretty perfect anniversary surprise for me.

For my DH I had purchased several items, a gold and silver bracelett he had been wanting, a plauqe that said "any one can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy". As we have two daughters. Also, I had a delivery from the Disney Florist of beers, chips, salza, and other goodies. I also tried to keep the sunset safari a surprise, but just couldn't do it. He really enjoyed that very much. I also did pillow gifts for him almost every night. It was a great trip ::yes::

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary

Angel

Walt'sFan
11-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Let Disney know it is a special occasion when making your reservations. Last year while staying at the Poly on the night of our anniversary, one of the CM's came to our room with a bottle of champagne, balloons and a decorated plate with assorted chocolates.

Good Luck!

Walt'sFan

crazy4dizney
11-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Dont forget cali grill is a great place to see wishes.Very nice! You can go for dinner or just a drink at the bar.Have fun.

edcrbnsoul
11-18-2004, 09:09 AM
I had my 10th there this past May, I also recommend the Disney Florist, and we made dinner reservations at The California Grill for about an Hour before the park (MK) closed told them while making the PS that it was our Anniversary requested a window seat and watched Wishes while we had Dessert.

TammiMcMan
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
I don't want to bring the thread down, but just letting them know it's your anniversary won't guarantee anything special. Trust me, if enough of the 70,000+ users here read this thread, you'll find just as many that didn't receive a gift.

When DH and I celebrated our anniversary there last year, I did have it noted on our reservation. Definitely doesn't hurt. He ordered a dozen roses for me from the Disney Florist and they were beautiful. Probably the nicest roses that I've ever received and the vase has an etching of Mickey & Minnie. I ordered champagne. When it was delivered, they had a red rose in a vase on the serving tray and a note stating that champagne was a gift from the resort. That was very nice of them, especially since I had intended to pay for it.

For some other ideas, I'd definitely keep checking on the tower room, even when you check in. Depending on how long your staying at the resort, maybe something will even open up over the weekend. You can check with the DIS user Feralpeg. She makes some amazing gift baskets that she will deliver to your resort. You mentioned family, will you get a chance for some alone time? If so, everyone has already mentioned California Grill, but I also loved being in the MK with just my hubby for a few hours. We held hands while watching Wishes, which was nice having both eyes on the fireworks for a change, instead of trying to watch the kids with one eye and the display with the other. A window table at Bistro de Paris is a wonderful spot for Illuminations if you're free to travel a little further away from your resort.

Tammi