PDA

View Full Version : WDW resort stay BEFORE or AFTER cruise?

Ladyhawke10
11-11-2004, 10:00 AM
I am thinking about a cruise next year but we would have to do the WDW resort stay (probably AKL again--it's been awhile and we LOVE it there) after the cruise because of my son's vacation schedule. I have always heard that its better to the the cruise after the parks, however. What do you think? Has anyone tried the resort stay after a cruise? Should I wait until I can schedule our resort visit (we'll split our stay most likely--AKL like I said, and one other...maybe Poly since its so popular on here!) before the cruise, or have any DISers tried it this way?

Thanks for info! :)
Tough decision, I know :)

zalansky
11-11-2004, 10:06 AM
We have cruised twice and once stayed before and once afterward, and we preferred to go to WDW after the cruise, for the simple fact we were so disappointed getting OFF the cruise, at least if we knew we were going to WDW afterward it was not such a letdown. That is just our preference, hope you enjoy whatever you choose! Either way, it is WDW and a cruise so how can you go wrong???

Cinderelly516
11-11-2004, 10:13 AM
We went on disney cruise last may and spent one week at the parks before hand and three days after the cruise. We really preferred our time at the parks before hand becuase by the time we got off the cruise we were relaxed and jumping back into park mode was hard and tiring. So we went home not feeling as relaxed as we did right after the cruise:p We ended up up spending more time in our hotel room than at the parks. But we still had a great time:earsgirl:

WDWDennis
11-11-2004, 10:15 AM
We've it both ways too, but I prefer to cruise after the WDW stay. Only b/c I am always running around from park to park and it get tireing. So after beating myself up for a few days at the world, I relax and enjoy my cruise. However, I am doing the cruise first this Dec and then heading to WDW. Like the poster said before me, its going to be great knowing that I'm getting off the ship and heading to WDW instead of home. :hyper: Either way, your going to have a great time.

Enjoy your planning.::yes::

salbythec
11-11-2004, 10:35 AM
We like to fly down the night before and stay at cocoa beach then cruise and then do WDW. I like knowing we will continue the magic!:flower1:

RebeccaLovesDisney
11-11-2004, 11:41 AM
We're doing both next month: WDW for a few days, then the cruise, then back to WDW. It just worked out best this way with school schedules, etc. I'll let everyone know how it worked when we get back. Hopefully, getting back into park touring mode won't ruin our relaxing cruise experience.

bill'sdj
11-11-2004, 12:04 PM
We are also doing both pre and post cruise trips to WDW. We have three days prior to @ ASSP and three days after @ POR. The best of both worlds.:smooth: