PDA

View Full Version : Tyler...(Chip'n'Dale Express)...POP/MVMCP check-in question...

northern michigan
11-11-2004, 09:23 AM
We're checking into POP on 12-17th (the last day of MVMCP). We arrive at MCO approximately noon. We have tickets for our family of 4 to the party and have never been before. I'd read how you can enter at 4:00 so I made PS at LTT for 5:30. We're definitely going to want to freshen up in our room prior to attending the party. All the sitting in planes and airports makes for a tired and grungy family. We'll be relying on WDW bus transportation.

It only now occurred to me that we very likely won't get into our room until 4pm. Is there anything you'd suggest I do in an effort to make this transition go smoothly and timely. I realize requests aren't guarantees. How could I make POP aware of my timeline crunch and request a somewhat early entry to a room. We've only reserved a standard view room. MVMCP/LTT is a surprise for DH, DD12 and DD8. Do I need to just cancel my LTT PS?

BTW, thanks for your for your feedback on luggage transfer X-mas Day.

disneyfanatic60
11-11-2004, 11:05 AM
I'd be interested in this also. We are doing the same thing. We should arrive at Pop around 11:00 and heading to MK around 4. Now--we are only going to be at Pop for the first night before moving to GF on Monday. Not that we would unpack or anything, but it would be great to be all settled in for the night versus doing it at Midnight after MVMCP. We have plans to get up first thing on Monday and head over to the parks before checking into to GF.

Thanks,

Michele

safetymom
11-11-2004, 11:17 AM
I am not Tyler but there are several things you can do. Call central reservations and mention you are an early arrival. That may help with your room. If you are not picky ( have lots of room requests) they could assign you to a room that is already done if you ask at the check in desk. Otherwise you will just have to hope that the room is ready.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Depending on how busy the resort is, and how big the turn was, getting a clean room shouldn't be a problem... getting a clean room that meets all your requests is where the trickiness comes into play.

Whenever I would check in a guest, and they'd be pre-blocked, and the room wasn't ready yet, I'd check to see if I had a clean room available to meet thier needs. Otherwise, I'd ask if they wanted a room that met thier needs later, or a clean room now.

When you check in, just mention to the CM that you want to get to your room as soon as possible, and they will do what they can to get you a clean room.

BTW, check-in is at 3:00 at Pop, and you can check in early... often times, we have plenty of ready rooms prior to the 3:00 time.

Santa
11-11-2004, 09:38 PM
We have arrived at our resort (moderates) by noon several times and have never had to wait for a clean room. I must also mention we do not make specific requests (ie. building, room, view) as long as it is clean & we have yet to be disappointed. Our flight arrives at MCO this December at 10:15am. We should be at POR by noon again.

Under 30 days and counting every minute :hyper:

DisneyWisher
11-12-2004, 08:22 AM
I work til 4 am Saturday night/Sunday morning. After work a co-worker and I go to my house, shower, finish loading the car, and wake my kids to go to Disney. We end up leaving about 5 am and get to Disney at 8:30 am. I love so close to Disney. The only time we had to wait for our room was because of getting connecting rooms otherwise our room is always ready. I think the day you check in is going to be a fairly slow day. You're going right smack in the middle of Thanksgiving and Christmas. I went last year on 12/14 and loved it. Cool weather (actually we had a cold front and it was in the 40's at night. Loved it.) and Disney are a perfect blend.

Enjoy,
Shirley

northern michigan
11-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks so much everyone. You've all made me relax a little again. I'm the type to worry about everything. I will definitely call CRO to see if they will add this to my reservation! Thanks again!

Now, I can go back to worrying about the transfer day of our split stay. I guess there's always something to worry about.