PDA

View Full Version : Leapin' Lizards! It's the ***All-New*** Concierge Lounge Thread!

storybookmum
11-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the ALL-NEW Concierge Lounge FAQ Thread!

http://www.boomerweb.net/users/**********/lizardloungemarquee.gif

The link to our last thread, if you have a LOT of time to read, is here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=577731&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Are you looking to be absolutely pampered by the decadent experience of WDW Concierge? Are you looking to make friends just as happy to kick back and enjoy the delicious offerings left throughout the day as you are? Are you ready to share more and learn more information than you thought anyone could possibly need to know? It's all about luxury and details here, friend.

So draw up a chair.....and dive in!

If you need to get your feet wet with the basics, click here (http://allearsnet.com/acc/concierge.htm) for a little intro on what CL is all about.

Don't be shy....whether you're an experienced Concierge Lounge trip, or looking forward to your very first try at it, we have lots of things to share.

WELCOME!!!!

floridafam
11-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Morning Lizards!:wave:

Let's get this thread started.

I was able to call and book the Yellowstone Suite at WL for May 20-24 in case they have the Floriida Half Ironman again. There new lounge should be done by then. I was just going to book a concierge room but we'll need all the space we can get with 5 of us and the WL CL rooms aren't exactly made for 5 people.

So, **********, I can't wait to hear your opinion on the suite after you stay there next month. ::yes::

Any other lizards going to be at WDW next month?

Have a great day everyone. :sunny:

floridafam
11-11-2004, 09:29 AM
GoofyJoofy, great information!

Welcome to everyone:wave: :wave:

mom_rules
11-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Yipee-looking good folks! Glad you found me-thanks storybookmum!

I'd like to respond to the last question if I might-You can see Illuminations off the balcony at the BWI-CL. It's right over the Eiffel Tower. I got some of my best firework shots from there. There are a few pauses in the action because you can only see the higher fireworks, not the lasers etc. They do not pipe in the music on the balcony but if it is a relatively quiet night you can hear it playing faintly in the background.
If you have the time, play a boardgame or two in the Bellevue lounge (or CL lounge). They had quite a few. In CL they had Scrabble and mousetrap (haven't played that in years).
Cirque is awesome-we've been three times and I still love it (the performers totally amaze me). If you go try to get seats in the middle sections, second level, first or second rows. You get a great view of everything going on-both above and below the stage area.

cajunfan
11-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks for starting the new thread storybookmum.

I like the idea of having all the email address of IPO on the first page.

Here is the Poly's CL information:

wdw.Polynesian.Island.Planning.Office@disney.com

Good morning all!

D&R love Disney
11-11-2004, 10:23 AM
A new lounge :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
I'm still trying for CR 14th floor for 3/2-3/4 but no luck :mad: Booked Poly lagoon CL but I want to switch if available.

GoofyJoofy
11-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by VAgal76
Hey, guys! Let's get the IPO e-mail addresses out here for folks so they can find it easier.
What do you think about putting all the e-mails and numbers on the main page for easy finding?

I agree! Let's gather all the IPO e-mail addresses, then post them on the first page. We should include the phone numbers too.

Much easier than having them spread through out the thread.

OK, so who will collect these and post them?

Do we know if it would OK with Disney and the DIS for us to post that information?

ead79
11-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Good Morning! I am a mere 17 days away from my first CL stay at AKL and just a few more days from returning to Poly CL. I have stayed at AKL before and was totally charmed by the place, so I can hardly wait to experience its CL! The Poly is near and dear to my heart as well--I have so many happy memories from that resort. I remember discovering 'Ohana and eating there so many times after, I remember having breakfast at Kona Cafe with my parents the morning of my wedding and us crying as I gave them embroidered tissues as gifts, I remember having my rehearsal dinner at 'Ohana and thinking it was so wonderful to be surrounded by family and friends. I feel confident that the AKL will hold wonderful memories for my family as well. Just had to share my anticipation, LOL! :hyper:

akghutton
11-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Just curious if any of my fellow lounge lizards are also DVC members. If you are, do you stay concierge on your points or cash? We stayed AKL concierge on points on our last trip, and boy, did it cost us a ton of points. I am thinking that it is cheaper staying on cash, especially if you can get an AP discount. Just curious what your thoughts are.

PS. Great new lounge;)

GoofySuse
11-11-2004, 12:35 PM
First of all let me say....."HOW RUDE!".....*looking around...they even took the goodies off of the buffet* That I can fix! *putting out some Krispy Kremes, a fruit platter, fresh coffee and Earl Grey tea*...how dare they!

Onto Cirque...it is, by far, the most amazing show at WDW. If you have never been to a cirque you will be enthralled, truly fantastic....I just wonder how they do it!

I have been told that the Wilderness Lodge Concierge does not have a direct email, curious no? However I do have some which might help.

WL IPO: WDW.WLodge.Itinerary.Planning@disney.com
D.O. of Guest Services: Valerie.A.Charron@disney.com
Concierge Manager: Mark.Newman@disney.com

I'll ask, next week, if the concierge does have an email and if so get the addy...

GoofyJoofy
11-11-2004, 12:43 PM
GoofySuse - That looks like the WL Planning Office email, which is what most people would want.

Thanks

johnsonet
11-11-2004, 01:01 PM
WOW!
This place looks great (except for the missing snacks:smooth: )
All the Lizards seem ready to roll:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I cannot tell you how wonderful AKL IPO is! Andrea and Don have helped me turn our December Disney vacation into a non-Lizard's "Trip of a Lifetime"princess: I plan on having many such trips of a lifetime;)

I have several surprises for DD, including Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast, My Perfectly Princess Tea at the GF and lots more fun and festivity~We're also doing MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional! Being at WDW during Christmastime is going to be divine::yes::

VaGAL, your Concierge split sounds perfect to me:cool: Can't wait to hear all about it:teeth:

Let me add spiced pecans, cream cheese brownies and frothy cappuccinos to the sideboard:crazy:
:wave2:

floridafam
11-11-2004, 01:43 PM
akghutto,

Yes, we are DVC members but do not use our points to stay concierge. We did one time when we had a lot of points that had to be used in a short amount of time.

Usually, the cash price is much cheaper than using so many points. Plus, with all of the discount codes available the past few years, it just doesn't make sense to use points.

akghutton
11-11-2004, 02:25 PM
floridafam,
Thanks for the response. I doubt that we'd ever stay concierge on points again, unless, as you stated, we had extra points to use before the end of the use year. We loved AKL concierge, so I will have to keep my eyes out for some great discounts for this August, as I would really like to add on a couple of nights at AKL to our existing BWV vacation.
:sunny:

Tess
11-11-2004, 02:56 PM
I wanted to make sure I add my name to the new home--wouldn't want to miss any great information.

As my fellow LLs know--my family is quite partial to Polynesian Resort CL service. We've also experienced YC/BC, BWI, AKL, and GF and stayed at POR, CBR, ASMu (just DH and DS--on a band trip). We've visited all of the resorts and are still in :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc with Polynesian--it's our home while visiting WDW. . .not that the others weren't great too--it's just our favorite.

I'm adding some sushi (Chef Dick makes the best) for afternoon offerings and putting out some pineapple bread, too! Two of my personal favorites from the lounge!

nrsldy
11-11-2004, 04:39 PM
NICE LL!!!::yes:: ::yes::

I am SOOOO looking forward to this trip in 17 days!
I received the itinerary from AKL IPO today. Everything is in place except I keep thinking if it is available I would like to do the Sunset Safari (no kids) yes! We are already doing the sunrise safari, would that be overkill on the safaries?

Well have a great afternoon!:wave2: :wave2:

desiab
11-11-2004, 05:03 PM
IPO was able to book the Illuminations cruise for our group for Dec. 6.

How do you go about paying for the cruise? Do you pay the captain directly? Are you suppose to tip the captain? If so how much do you normally tip?

Can you bring snacks or drinks from the concierge lounge on board?

I am sorry to ask so many questions, but I figured if any one would know the answers, you LL's would.

floridafam
11-11-2004, 05:08 PM
desiab,

We took an Illuminations cruise last year that the YC IPO booked for us.

We paid the driver directly. We also tipped. I think we tipped at least $20.

We were told we could have brought our own snacks, etc. on board. I should have ordered something through the YC. I think next time, I will arrange for some tuxedo strawberries and something to drink.

We had a wonderful captain. She was a NICU nurse and she was very pleasantt and easy going. We had some nice conversation and she made my children feel very welcome.

Enjoy!

floridafam
11-11-2004, 05:11 PM
VAgal76,

Thanks for the CR CL IPO information!

steveanddonna
11-11-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm adding some sushi (Chef Dick makes the best) Had to give you a heads up, Tess - Chef Dick's Sunday-Tuesday counterpart, Jose, is worthy competition. He made awesome sushi when we were there, accompanied by two seaweed salads of his own creation. Yum!

I'm liking this new lounge! Having all the contact info in one place is a great idea.

nrsldy not having stayed at AKL (yet!) we haven't done either safari, but from prior posts it sounded like they were very different from each other, with the sunset safari being much more intimate.

cajunfan - got your pm; will pm you soon. Gotta get home and get dinner going.

minniesota
11-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Hey, lizards! Love what you've done with the place and the treats are divine! So sounds like Cirque should be added to our concierge stay in December. I assume the IPO planners can arrange for tickets? I suddenly feel like we are under moderator scrutiny so I will try to always include a concierge angle in my posts! We don't want to be evicted for lizards' sake!

desiab
11-11-2004, 07:30 PM
minnesota, I don't remember your dates for Dec, but Cirque I believe will be dark Dec 5-12. These are the exact days that we are scheduled to be at the BWI concierge for our anniversary. I am really disappointed that we will not get the chance to see the show on this visit.

Steffy
11-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by floridafam
desiab,

We took an Illuminations cruise last year that the YC IPO booked for us.

We paid the driver directly. We also tipped. I think we tipped at least $20.

We were told we could have brought our own snacks, etc. on board. I should have ordered something through the YC. I think next time, I will arrange for some tuxedo strawberries and something to drink.

We had a wonderful captain. She was a NICU nurse and she was very pleasantt and easy going. We had some nice conversation and she made my children feel very welcome.

Enjoy!

Thanks floridafam princess: princess: That is good to know. When the IPO told me they had booked the cruise, they told me they used my cc to secure the ressie, but hadn't charged it. I would have gone to the dock with no money except the tip, thinking it was paid!!! And really good info that we can bring our own snacks!!

#1hockeymom
11-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Our queen of the lounge and original lizard extraordinaire has just started the second installment of the lizard thread. I added AKL information... who's next with what resort?

*big wave to the room*

Angel16
11-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Good Evening lizards! I have been so busy at work and home that I have not posted in a while. Glad I tracked you down :earsgirl:

BIG NEWS - I have two trips booked and on board for 2005.

May 14 - May 21 for the mini- LL meet - Staying at the Poly. Can't wait to try it out! I was there in 1973 and 1974, just a few years ago.

Nov 24 - Dec 5 - We are taking dear friend with us that have never been to WDW. Plan on staying at AKL :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Debbie - #1 HockeyMom - Really like your additions of pictures. You keep changing them, I'm still trying to figure it all out :crazy: Maybe one of these days I'll get it.

Got to run and fix dinner.

Angel

minniesota
11-11-2004, 09:10 PM
desiab - Thanks for the heads-up. We are also celebrating our anniversary at BWI CL - Dec. 3-7! As it stands right now, we have plans the 3rd and 4th so either it's back to the drawing board or hold off on Cirque until another time. Have you stayed at BWI CL before? This is our first time and looking forward to it!

BambiTamby
11-11-2004, 09:21 PM
hey ya'll!!!!

I leave for a couple of days and ya'll get the place shut down!:crazy:

I've re-opened a new lounge. Didn't know that one was already started. ACK!

Oh, well....it's here and it's open! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=679928)

storybookmum...thanks for having a lounge open while I was gone!:wave:

mmausse
11-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by VAgal76
[BI'm really have hard time sticking with one resort. There are too many concierges to choose from. I believe I'll be hopping around our next visit. I'm thinking AKL/BWI/CR. Is there such a thing as too much CL hopping? 3 nights AKL CL, 3 nights BWI, 2 nights CR. What do you think? [/B]

I think you like living out of a suitcase!:tongue:

I've done all the CL at all the deluxe resorts. I've even stayed at the "alleged" creme de la creme CL at GF for 30 days. Forget it - my new and only home is now and forever will be BWI Innkeeper's Lounge. I'm spoiled. I like relaxation VAGAL, not packing and unpacking. I think maybe I'm getting old and set in my ways.......ooooh noooooo:eek:

minniesota
11-12-2004, 06:57 AM
I think the cappaccino machine wires were crossed with the cocomotion machine wires in the new lounge last night and things went a little haywire. I don't know where my post went - and somehow Angel16 morphed into ********** ! I'll try again...

mom_rules and desiab - Thanks for the info on Cirque. We will be celebrating our anniversary at BWI CL Dec. 3-7 so that leaves only Dec. 4 and 5 which we do have plans for. Can IPO order tickets should we decide to change our "flexible" schedule?

mom_rules
11-12-2004, 08:19 AM
IPO can order your tickets for you-if you can, try to give them a couple of choices as to where you would like to sit. They will require your credit card information and it will be charged as soon as they purchase the tickets. We had ours held at "will call" and picked them up at the box office a couple of hours before the show-that way there was no chance that we could loose them.
Enjoy!

DutchsMommy
11-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Hello All,

Nice idea with the new thread. I was getting a little worried when I didn't see a BT post in the bunch - thought I'd have to go back to the old thread and see if a mutiny had happened!! LOL

Anyway, Poly IPO *should* be able to book my Illuminations cruise this weekend - fingers crossed!

AKL IPO has booked my Sunrise Safari and I think my PSs.

I am starting to get in that HOHO Christmas HOHO frame of mind. This is the first year that DS really "get's it" (he's turning 3) and it's so fun to talk about Santa, the Reindeer and all that.

We went to Walmart last night to try and get a bit of his energy out before bedtime and the pretence was to "help him make his Santa letter". We had a great time playing with all the Christmas "animatronic" toys or whatever you call them - the things where you press their hand and they sing Christmas songs and dance. Anyway, they had this really cute one with Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore sitting on a sled singing a Christmas Carol - too cute!!

I think I am going to try and take a day off in the next few weeks to try and get all my Christmas stuff done in a day (should I say HAH now or later lol?!) when DS is not around. The really neat thing about this holiday season is not only do I have Christmas and New Years to look forward to, but also my upcoming trip. Yeah - come on Christmas!! :teeth: :teeth:

BambiTamby
11-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Whoa! What happened?

Thanks for having a lounge open while I was gone!

Here's a link to the re-opened LIZARD LOUNGE. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=680349)

:wave:

GoofyJoofy
11-12-2004, 10:39 AM
OK, moving over to the new lounge....

storybookmum
11-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Okay, I've asked Trekker to lock this thread; we can consider this temporary lounge evacuated and move over to our "real" home -- thanks, Bamby!

Kris

johnsonet
11-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Thank YOU too Kris! You did a great job::yes:: princess: :wave:

Trekker
11-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Closed at OP's request!