PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness Transportation Update

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Starting Sunday, November 14th (no posted end date), Disney Transport will be testing out a new route for the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

Currently, there is a bus from the Transportation & Ticket Center to Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness. As of Sunday, this bus will no longer exist.

Instead, there will be DIRECT BUS SERVICE from Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom.

The Fort Wilderness "Orange" bus that would previously head to Wilderness Lodge and onto the Transportation & Ticket Center will now only head to the Wilderness Lodge.

Guests who wish to go to either of these resorts will need to use the Magic Kingdom as thier transfer point.

After the Magic Kingdom clears for the night, the original route will resume.

BOAT SERVICE WILL NOT CHANGE.

And most importantly, as of Sunday, THERE WILL BE NO DISNEY RESORT BUSES OF ANY KIND AT THE TRANSPORTATION & TICKET CENTER.

It should also be noted that, as a test, this is all subject to change at any time without notice.

rascalmom
11-11-2004, 02:17 AM
Thanks for this news!

I must say that this will probably result in us staying at one of those resorts for a future stay. I sometimes have to use an ECV because of back problems & in the past I have always been afraid to make reservations there because of the the extra transportation step to get to MK.

Yes, the boats were available, but if I was ever forced to use the ECV and the water level wasn't right - well, it just sounded so inconvenient.

MAGICinMYHEART
11-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Tyler
Tyler this is big news for us, I'll post your information over on the Wilderness Lodge FAQ Thread

Thank you
MAGICinMYHEART
Beckie.

n2mm
11-11-2004, 07:24 AM
So are the crockett and boone buses gone? Is there still direct buses to WL after HDD 9:30 show?

Majestic
11-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Hello Tyler!

I guess the best way to the TTC from WL for the Epcot MR will then be boat to MK or CR then MR over to the TTC. Of course, from WL I believe that walking would be faster. :)

Can you tell us what we would do to get to a resort from WL now? As in, how will we catch a bus direct to Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast at Boma? Will we have to go to MK or DTD first then go from there? Not sure I like that either.

Just curious.

Thanks for the info and help!!

Fred

DisOrBust
11-11-2004, 10:23 AM
ok I thought I had it all down pat... We have an 08:00 Cindy's...are you telling me I may have the option of taking a bus directlyat 7 am vs the boatt o the contemporary then the monorail?? Do we know how early the bus is going to be running???

TIA!
Sue

Lou-Ann
11-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Thank you Tyler..........

Majestic
11-11-2004, 10:43 AM
If you are going from WL you don't need to take a boat to the CR then MR to MK. There should be a boat that goes direct to the MK from WL.

Originally posted by DisOrBust
ok I thought I had it all down pat... We have an 08:00 Cindy's...are you telling me I may have the option of taking a bus directlyat 7 am vs the boatt o the contemporary then the monorail?? Do we know how early the bus is going to be running???

TIA!
Sue

DisOrBust
11-11-2004, 11:11 AM
I thought I was told the only boat runing at 7am is the small boat to the CR. Sorry to sound so confused its our first stay at WL and I have never had to do this boat transportation.

Goofy4
11-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
And most importantly, as of Sunday, THERE WILL BE NO DISNEY RESORT BUSES OF ANY KIND AT THE TRANSPORTATION & TICKET CENTER.

Are you refering only to the MK/Monorail resorts? How would one go from the Polynessian to the Boardwalk (we have family staying at each), or Boardwalk to MK?

Majestic
11-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Let me check but I though that one started early too. Sorry to confuse you. :) It's not my intent.

This is what I always thought and knew though. Transportation begins approximately 1 hour prior to the park's opening time and all transportation runs until approximately 1 hour after the parks close (check with Guest Services upon arrival for specific times). You will be dropped off close to the park entrance.

Fred

I thought I was told the only boat runing at 7am is the small boat to the CR. Sorry to sound so confused its our first stay at WL and I have never had to do this boat transportation.

Majestic
11-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Sorry ... Duplicate Post.

micks
11-11-2004, 11:32 AM
I, for one, think this is a GREAT thing! THe boat transportation from the WL to the MK while we were there 2 weeks ago was terrible! The boats were few and far between which seemed to make the trip much longer than necessary. Glad to hear there is another option, especially for early PSs in the MK.

spiceycat
11-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Thank you Tyler!!!

I will be at VWL shortly.

so for the E-nights or MVMCP - when the parks closes instead of catching the monrail then getting on the bus at the TTC - now we just go get on a bus?

Majestic
11-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Or catch the boat. That's what it sounds like to me.

Originally posted by spiceycat
Thank you Tyler!!!

I will be at VWL shortly.

so for the E-nights or MVMCP - when the parks closes instead of catching the monrail then getting on the bus at the TTC - now we just go get on a bus?

spiceycat
11-11-2004, 11:44 AM
there was a time when the boat stopped at 10:00pm - so for E-nights (which closed at 1:00am) it was necessary to the monrail - bus route.

I now always ask the boat driver when the boat stops.

miclcon
11-11-2004, 12:16 PM
OK - So how do I get from Ft. Wilderness to the Polly for Dinner? Do I have to go all the way MK first? How about if I want to get the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot? What then?

jcemom
11-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by miclcon
OK - So how do I get from Ft. Wilderness to the Polly for Dinner? Do I have to go all the way MK first? How about if I want to get the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot? What then? If I'm understanding correctly...to get to the Poly you could bus/boat to MK, then take the resort MR or boat to the Poly...OR you could boat to the CR, then take the resort MR to the Poly.

To MR to Epcot you would bus/boat to MK, MR to TTC, MR to Epcot...OR boat to CR, MR to TTC, MR to Epcot.

Right? :confused: I thought I understood until I started typing all that out, LOL. :crazy:

robinb
11-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express

This is terrible, IMO. I really liked taking the monorail to Epcot and I don't want to transfer to the MK to the TTC. What a pain! The boat was fine to the MK in August. BTW, they were doing this in August when Fort Wilderness was closed without letting anybody know! We were waiting for the TTC bus to get to the Polynesian for our Luau while 2-3 MK busses went by. None of them stopped to let us know there was no TTC bus even though we were standing at the TTC bus stop. ***grrr **** Finally, a transportation manager who stopped by to help a guest with a wheel chair gave us a ride over in his minivan.

MAGICinMYHEART
11-11-2004, 12:41 PM
By George you've almost got it. ::yes:: The Resort Monorail will take you to the EPCOT Station at TTC you then have to get off the Resort Monorail and Transfer to the EPCOT Monorail. I think that is what you ment but just wanted to be sure everyone knows that the Resort Monorail, Express Monorail and EPCOT Monorail all load and unload in different areas.

robinb
11-11-2004, 12:42 PM
OK - So how do I get from Ft. Wilderness to the Polly for Dinner? Do I have to go all the way MK first? How about if I want to get the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot? What then?

You can also get to the MK monorail loop by boating over to the Contemporary.

jcemom
11-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by MAGICinMYHEART
By George you've almost got it. ::yes:: The Resort Monorail will take you to the EPCOT Station at TTC you then have to get off the Resort Monorail and Transfer to the EPCOT Monorail. I think that is what you ment but just wanted to be sure everyone knows that the Resort Monorail, Express Monorail and EPCOT Monorail all load and unload in different areas. Yep, that's what I was thinking. By golly I think I've got it, LOL. :crazy:

MAGICinMYHEART
11-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Goofy4
Are you refering only to the MK/Monorail resorts? How would one go from the Polynessian to the Boardwalk (we have family staying at each), or Boardwalk to MK?

Goofy4

You will have two options the first is if the Parks are still open go to the bus stop you want to vist and ride that resorts bus to your destination.

The other option and it is time consuming is to catch a bus from your Resort (Poly) to DTD then transfer to the Resort Bus you are visiting (Boardwalk) You will also have to do the same for your return trip...if any of the Parks are open it is quicker to take the bus/monorail/boat to the park that is still open, then transfer to the other resort bus.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by n2mm
So are the crockett and boone buses gone? Is there still direct buses to WL after HDD 9:30 show?

The Boone and the Crockett have been gone for 3 years.

There are direct buses to all Disney resorts after each Hoop Dee Doo Revue. There is always a bus to Wilderness Lodge from the Settlement Depot.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Majestic
Can you tell us what we would do to get to a resort from WL now? As in, how will we catch a bus direct to Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast at Boma? Will we have to go to MK or DTD first then go from there? Not sure I like that either.

That process has not changed. You will still need to go to a theme park, and switch there. Your best bet for a breakfast at Boma is to board the Animal Kingdom bus, and let the driver know you are going to AK Lodge. If the driver can, they will take you directly. Otherwise, they will point out the AKL load zone at DAK, for the quick ride to AKL.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 01:04 PM

TIA!
Sue

The memo I got did not say how early, however, my guess is that the bus will start around 7:00am for Character Breakfasts.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Goofy4

The process has not changed. Prior to this, the only bus at the TTC was the WL/FW.

You will still need to go to a hub (theme park or Downtown Disney) and transfer. Magic Kingdom, Studios, or Downtown Disney (in that order) would make good transfer points.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 01:10 PM
there was a time when the boat stopped at 10:00pm - so for E-nights (which closed at 1:00am) it was necessary to the monrail - bus route.

I now always ask the boat driver when the boat stops.

Boat Schedule:

Blue Flag (FW/CR/WL) -> 6:45am-10:00pm
Gold Flag (Poly/GF/MK) -> 8:30am-MK close
Red/Green Combo (MK/FW/WL till 3pm, then MK/WL/FW) -> 8:30am-45 minutes after MK close
Ferryboat (TTC/MK) -> 8:30am-45 minutes MK close.

MK Close is defined as whatever time the Magic Kingdom closes for either General Admission or Halloween/Christmas party. E-ride does not count.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 01:11 PM

Correct. Boats generally do not run for E-ride, but the bus will run. Boats DO however run for the special events like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, so you have the option of the bus or the boat.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 01:12 PM

You must take the boat to the Magic Kingdom, and then the boat/monorail to the Polynesian. Or, you could take the bus to the Wilderness Lodge, and then the bus to the Magic Kingdom.

MAGICinMYHEART
11-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Tyler

Glad your back home now...I want to verify this with you..from the Magic Kingdom to go to another Park...don't you have to go to TTC Bus area to get catch a bus to AK or MGM or the Water Parks DTD? (monorail to EPCOT) Other then the Monorails what transportation services are available at TTC now?

I know that the non-Disney busses park there during the day.

Thanks.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-11-2004, 01:57 PM
From the Magic Kingdom, you need to take the Monorail or Ferryboat to the TTC to catch the Monorail to Epcot, or the bus to the Disney-MGM Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom.

There are no buses to any water park or Downtown Disney from the TTC.

The only reason the park-to-park buses are at the TTC instead of the Magic Kingdom itself is because of the MK Parking lot.

MAGICinMYHEART
11-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Thanks, I wasn't sure about the Water Parks or DTD.